PDA

View Full Version : Tonight's Officiating Crew

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-16-2006, 09:59 PM
Has set the game of basketball back 20 years.

Unfrickinbelievable.

The next time I see Violet Palmer and Knick Bavetta on the court I'm going to grab the razor blades and get it over with ahead of time.

FromWayDowntown
01-16-2006, 10:02 PM
It's a typical Bavetta game.

Got strange officiating? Look for Bavetta.

Sadly, I've gotten either so jaded that I just steel myself against frustration when I see Bavetta and hope for the best. I think he's convinced that fans would prefer that he manufacture drama over the possibility of seeing teams just play the game with the calls coming as they will.

T Park
01-16-2006, 10:04 PM
Not just him.

All the freakin refs stink now, outside of Javy.

There is not one ref I can say, that I have liked other than Javy, in the last 4 years.

Dre_7
01-16-2006, 10:07 PM
Its awful on both teams. Just AWFUL!

Samr
01-16-2006, 10:11 PM
http://www.womensportswire.com/palmer.jpg

http://www.gruponemesis.com/sw/sw1/persona/swper13.jpg

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
01-16-2006, 10:16 PM
It's so bad, it's funny...

Rummpd
01-16-2006, 10:20 PM
Violet is in a class of her own in more ways than one I might add.

FromWayDowntown
01-16-2006, 10:20 PM
Not just him.

All the freakin refs stink now, outside of Javy.

There is not one ref I can say, that I have liked other than Javy, in the last 4 years.

There's a huge difference between missing calls in the flow of the game (or thinking you saw something that you didn't) and willfully ignoring contact in some instances and knowingly making phantom calls in other instances.

Bavetta is a manipulator -- he seems to call the game based on the score and appears to try, through his calls, to manipulate the game to create drama. During the regular season, when he's matched up with young/inexperienced officials, he can bully them into playing his game. It's a bit harder for him to do it in playoff games, but that doesn't always stop him.

Other guys miss some calls from time to time, but there is a core of really good officials who, I think, try very hard to call the game correctly -- guys like Javie, Bob Delaney, Danny Crawford (depsite the bad calls in the SA-NJ game), Mike Callahan, and Joe Derosa immediately come to mind for me.

Leetonidas
01-16-2006, 10:26 PM
Violet Palmer is a bitch and Dick Bavetta is a...well, a dick.

T Park
01-16-2006, 10:28 PM
FWD

Ive found Jim clark lately is starting to become, OK.

but, I agree with the above refs, they arent bad.

Derosa though?? oy...

Who is the slick haired clown that reffed game 2 VS Seattle.

That dude is a fuckin drooling vegetable.

SouthernFried
01-16-2006, 10:32 PM
What irritates me more than anything...is, at halftime, if the officials see they have called a lopsided game, they will try to even out the fouls in the 2nd half. It will go against us as much as with us. It's happened too many times over the 30 yrs I've been watching basketball to be coincidence.

But, Irregardless, it shows that the officials are looking at other things besides what is happening on the court.

That, and certain Stars receiving preferential treatment from Officials. It happens, and we all know it happens...and it ruins their credibility.

FromWayDowntown
01-16-2006, 10:34 PM
FWD

Ive found Jim clark lately is starting to become, OK.

but, I agree with the above refs, they arent bad.

Derosa though?? oy...

Who is the slick haired clown that reffed game 2 VS Seattle.

That dude is a fuckin drooling vegetable.

Derosa is actually really good. I've not seen him be terribly influenced by a crowd or make calls that weren't there. Derosa and Callahan are two of the younger guys who get to call NBA Finals games of late, and they seem to have earned that distinction by actually being good officials.

As I type this, Violet Palmer is proving again to be ridiculous.

As for the Seattle series, there were no slick haired clowns in Game 2, unless you're talking about Bob Delaney. The Game 2 officials (according to my box score) were Delaney, Dan Crawford, and James Capers. If you mean the 2nd game in Seattle, it was Mike Callahan, Bill Spooner, and Ron Garretson.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-16-2006, 10:37 PM
I could have dealt with Bavetta by himself. But Violet Palmer is like some wicked hangover from hellish type amplifier of Bavetta's short bus officiating.

T Park
01-16-2006, 10:55 PM
you're talking about Bob Delaney

lol

thats him.

But I dont see how you don't think his hair is slicked back.

infinite styles
01-16-2006, 10:58 PM
All I've got to say is Round 1 game 4 against the Thuggets.

Dick "Poltergiest" Bavetta cannot stand momentum being formed in a game. Maybe its because he's too old to keep up with the action so he has to slow it down but shit it gets freakin old after a while. And when you team him up with Violet its a total waste of time to try to create any type of flow in a game. Those two are seriously screwing up the future of the numb nuts that tags along with them.

FromWayDowntown
01-16-2006, 11:10 PM
lol

thats him.

But I dont see how you don't think his hair is slicked back.

I agree that his hair is slicked back. I disagree, though, that he's a "fuckin drooling vegetable," since I think he's one of the finest officials in the game.

E20
01-16-2006, 11:17 PM
The lady ref pisses me off the most.

Heatfan
01-16-2006, 11:24 PM
Get over it the Spurs won. If anybody should complain it is the Grizzlies about the phantom and just bad fouls Memphis was hit with it.

leemajors
01-16-2006, 11:44 PM
these guys didn't have shit on the refs in the colts/steelers game. officiating this entire holiday weekend has been remarkable across the board.

Solid D
01-16-2006, 11:51 PM
What's the difference between Helen Keller and Violet Palmer?

Helen Keller couldn't speak, was deaf and was an inspiration.

Despot
01-16-2006, 11:54 PM
Weird thing is, seems like I continuosly see Violet at the Spurs game. I know it's in my head, just that each time I see her, I get a headache.

Cant_Be_Faded
01-16-2006, 11:56 PM
:smokin Ummm Violet Palmer was probably on her period, judging on her calls tonight, but I would not call tonight a "badly officiated game".

And saying that, I mean relatively, based on other games I've seen this season. Surely it was no worse than other average games this season.

You should all steel your words, bc noone is worse than bennett..

E20
01-17-2006, 12:02 AM
At first I'm like what is Troy Hudson doing officiating a game, the my brother said that's a woman.

Cant_Be_Faded
01-17-2006, 12:04 AM
Traditionally, Violet Palmer is one of the best refs in the game. She'll call as many bull shit anti-spur calls as she does pro-spurs calls. Does that make her bad? Maybe. But relatively, is she worse than other refs? No, not to me. Alot of refs make stupid stupid calls, like calls they're in no position to make (on the other side of the court).
Violet at least stays by the book, to an extent, and does not make blatantly foolish calls too heavily for one side's favor.

leemajors
01-17-2006, 12:07 AM
i've only seen her make repeated blatantly terrible calls, i didn't notice if they were biased or not.

LilMissSPURfect
01-17-2006, 12:17 AM
What's the difference between Helen Keller and Violet Palmer?

Helen Keller couldn't speak, was deaf and was an inspiration.

:fro :fro :lmao :lmao

T Park
01-17-2006, 12:19 AM
since I think he's one of the finest officials in the game.

Oh my god.

He lost all my respect after that pathetic mockery of what he turned game 2 into.

The whole Bowen couldn't breathe on Ray Allen was a complete JOKE.

The guy sucks, PERIOD.

Tek_XX
01-17-2006, 12:23 AM
Bevetta is one of those officials who think they're part of the entertainment. Palmer should be out of the game, it's way to fast for her, she needs to back where she came from, womens college basketball.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-17-2006, 12:25 AM
Get over it the Spurs won.

NBA games shouldn't take three hours to play unless they go OT.

Traditionally, Violet Palmer is one of the best refs in the game.

I think you're taking one too many hits off the bong up there in Austin.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-17-2006, 12:25 AM
The only reason Violet still has a job is she's better than the other woman ref they brought in a couple of years ago.

Fuck Title IX, give me someone who can ref a damn game.

T Park
01-17-2006, 12:28 AM
but I would not call tonight a "badly officiated game".

I agree, it was a pathetically reffed game.

Traditionally, Violet Palmer is one of the best refs in the game

What the fuck?

What game?

Table tennis?

T Park
01-17-2006, 12:29 AM
Fuck Title IX, give me someone who can ref a damn game

A fucking men.

Promote Haywood Workman over this stooge.

Horry For 3!
01-17-2006, 12:30 AM
That lady shouldn't be able to ref NBA games, she is fuckin horrible. I swear, every game I see her in, she fucks up many times.

Cant_Be_Faded
01-17-2006, 12:30 AM
At the end of the day, I would still love Violet to ref a finals spurs game any day of the week over Benett

Solid D
01-17-2006, 12:31 AM
A #@$!ing men.

I don't think you'll ever hear that one in church. :oops

T Park
01-17-2006, 12:33 AM
Im sure it isn't.

Doesn't make it any less correct.

I don't understand the "Violet is not a bad ref"

I just don't understand that madness!!

Cant_Be_Faded
01-17-2006, 12:34 AM
Im sure it isn't.

Doesn't make it any less correct.

I don't understand the "Violet is not a bad ref"

I just don't understand that madness!!

She is a bad ref but if you take her into perspective and consider the otehr refs responsible for game-deciding calls, she's not any worse or better to me.

I'd still love her 100000000x more than benett.

T Park
01-17-2006, 12:58 AM
but if you take her into perspective and consider the otehr refs responsible for game-deciding calls, she's not any worse or better to me.

no better.

MUCH WORSE.

She is the worst ref in the game, by far and away.

I don't know what liquor youve been drinking to make you think otherwise.

Kori Ellis
01-17-2006, 01:04 AM
The only reason Violet still has a job is she's better than the other woman ref they brought in a couple of years ago.

Fuck Title IX, give me someone who can ref a damn game.

True. She's HORRIBLE. I'm convinced that she doesn't even know all the rules because sometimes the play is right in front of her and she gets that sheepish, I don't know what's going on look on her face. It's idiocy that they have to keep her just because she has a vagina.

Das Texan
01-17-2006, 01:10 AM
True. She's HORRIBLE. I'm convinced that she doesn't even know all the rules because sometimes the play is right in front of her and she gets that sheepish, I don't know what's going on look on her face. It's idiocy that they have to keep her just because she has a vagina.

hire rasho to replace her.

afterall rasho has a vagina too.

Tek_XX
01-17-2006, 02:39 AM
Has Violet ever done a playoff game?

Obstructed_View
01-17-2006, 05:34 AM
Get over it the Spurs won. If anybody should complain it is the Grizzlies about the phantom and just bad fouls Memphis was hit with it.
And complain they did, and non-stop at that. I thought I was watching the Mavericks or the Nuggets play.

By the way, Name a single phantom call if there were so many. I've got the game recorded and would be happy to verify it. The only real problem with the officiating tonight is that there were just too many calls. Hitting Eddie Jones with a hand check when he's already got three fouls is probably unnecessary, but it was a legitimate foul.

FromWayDowntown
01-17-2006, 10:51 AM
Has Violet ever done a playoff game?

No. But she will soon, if only as a PR move for the league. Officials generally have to have at least 7 years in the NBA before they're allowed to do playoff games. Violet is in, I think, her 8th year in the league. I'd be willing to bet that, despite the fact that everyone knows she's horrendous, she'll be put on at least one playoff game in the next two seasons.

She'll also probably get to officiate an All-Star game in the near future.

birdy219
01-17-2006, 11:04 AM
The moment that I saw that crew AGAIN!!!!! I groaned. :depressed
The one thing that I can say about Violet is that she is consistently bad in every game she officiates. :pctoss She and Bavetta are too much apart of the game. They slow the pace to a crawl and takes everyone out of offensive rhythm. But they are at least consistently bad. :drunk

Banks91
01-17-2006, 11:23 AM
Waaaaa, Waaaaaaaa, Waaaaaaa. Ya'll need to relax with the bitching about the refs.

I support the spurs, but i get to watch them maybe 4-5 times in a season. I got to watch this game.

And if ya'll gonna bitch about how we got treated, you might as well make a thread about the way Horry got to foul Gasol everytime they attempted to get him the ball.

Gasol should've easily been parading to the freethrow line. Matter fact, the officials seemed to have a blind eye towards the spurs in the 4th. Only shit they called were obvious, can't possible not call fouls.

My main fucking point is unless ya'll gonna complain things and situations we got away with, then why all the bitching.

I mean, something goes against our opponents when it shouldn't , it doesn't matter.
It happens against us, suddenly the refs are all crap, there is a conspiracy, etc.

Man, stop the bitching, ya'll like females.

pache100
01-17-2006, 11:30 AM

Anyone who would make a remark like that...I cannot take seriously.

my2sons
01-17-2006, 03:19 PM
At first I'm like what is Troy Hudson doing officiating a game, the my brother said that's a woman.

:lol :spin :lmao :lmao :spin :lol

SpursWoman
01-17-2006, 04:34 PM

I like males, too. But not all of them. :spin

Walton Buys Off Me
01-17-2006, 04:39 PM
Violet Palmer is a referee because she's a black woman- end of discussion. People might not want to hear it, but it's true. It's called Public Relations 101. Same reason why the NBA has a dress code.

She's horrible and I don't think you'd find a coach out there that would disagree.

ALVAREZ6
01-17-2006, 04:53 PM
refs suck. Bevatta should kill himself, and Palmer shouldn't be a ref.

T Park
01-17-2006, 07:33 PM
Violet Palmer is a referee because she's a black woman- end of discussion. People might not want to hear it, but it's true

100% correct.