GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
01-16-2006, 10:58 PM
Tony was a stud tonight.... was it 22 pts in the paint?? that is AMAZING

Horry For 3!
01-16-2006, 10:59 PM
People are talking about Tony in the blog actually

pjjrfan
01-17-2006, 12:09 AM
Tony played a brilliant game. He took what the defense gave him and didn't force anything, and yet ran the team, moving the ball, getting guys involved and giving them good looks. His assists may not reflect how well he directed this team, but he got the offense rolling. This is what I expect from Tony every night, not the high percentage shooting, but taking high percentage shots when he has them and not forcing shots or looking for his offense at the expense of his teammates.

I saw a lot of good things from different players but tonight Tony was definitly the glue that held this team together.

spurs=bling
01-17-2006, 12:13 AM
go tony go tony go tony.......

StillBorn
01-17-2006, 01:45 AM
and the next game he'll shot 4/17 and three thread will be dedicated to him. :lol

TDMVPDPOY
01-17-2006, 01:55 AM
cant wait to trade him

SpursIndonesia
01-17-2006, 01:57 AM
and the next game he'll shot 4/17 and three thread will be dedicated to him. :lol
True that !! Haven't heard anything lately from IceColdSomething :rolleyes

Cant_Be_Faded
01-17-2006, 02:09 AM
Tony Chode Regulated upon everyone on the floor tonight and should have taken more shots.

polandprzem
01-17-2006, 03:02 AM
Well not many of them was dedicated to him this season.

Parker is playing realy consistent as a PG it's amazing. I don't know how good will be his jumper in the playoff because the teams will crowd the paint more than in the regular.

Where is Tim Duncan?

pache100
01-17-2006, 09:08 AM
Parker is playing realy consistent as a PG it's amazing.

:tu

Where is Tim Duncan?

http://tinypic.com/kdshnn.gif http://tinypic.com/kdshsn.gif

samikeyp
01-17-2006, 03:19 PM
Go Tony Go.

milkyway21
01-18-2006, 02:19 AM
PARKER

... leads the league in points in the paint (490 through 1/17)

... has the best field goal percentage of any guard in the league (.535 through 1/17),

... and may be the quickest player in the NBA with the ball from one end of the court to the other .

Acc. to Bill Schoening...

"While it's true that Steve Nash, the league's reigning MVP, is helping to keep the Phoenix Suns thriving until the return of Amare Stoudamire, it's also hard to imagine where the San Antonio Spurs would be right now without the glistening play of Tony Parker, who should join Nash in Houston as a Western Conference All-Star. "

:tu I want him to be in Houston this yr and NOT in Vegas(like last yr).

my only Q is: will Parker be invited?

1Parker1
01-18-2006, 08:56 AM
<-------------Parker will be voted in my the coaches. Book it. Almost every team we've played this season, the coach has said that the team's pre-game strategy was to keep Parker out of the lane and many have praised his speed and improvement this season.

1Parker1
01-18-2006, 08:58 AM
Question: Was Manu voted in by the coaches last year or fans? I can't seem to remember.

Athenea
01-18-2006, 09:59 AM
Coaches

ducks
01-18-2006, 11:49 AM
Bucks Visit Spurs Tonight
Wire Reports - Comtex AP
Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Milwaukee (19-17) at San Antonio (29-9)

Game Info: 7:30 pm CST Wed Jan 18, 2006

TV: WCGV, FxSW

The San Antonio Spurs are getting a big lift from one of their smallest players.

Led by 6-foot-2 guard Tony Parker, the Spurs look for their ninth win in 11 games when they host the Milwaukee Bucks.

Parker converted 11 layups and scored 28 points in San Antonio's 93-83 win over Memphis on Monday. Parker, the NBA leader in points in the paint, shot 12-for-13 from the field and rebounded his only miss for a layup. He also hit all four of his free-throw attempts.

"If Tony can take what he did tonight and continue to improve, we're obviously going to be a much better team than the way we've been playing," Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said. "I thought he did a great job of getting to the lane and more importantly finishing."

Parker is shooting 54.4 percent from the field and averaging a career-high 19.4 points per game. His output against the Grizzlies was his best since a 30-point effort against Dallas on Dec. 1.

Parker has 488 of his 736 points this season in the paint, a place where centers and forwards, not point guards, usually thrive.

"When he's got his mind made up that he wants to get to that paint, he gets to that paint," said Memphis guard Bobby Jackson. "I can see why he leads the league in points in the paint because he's fast, he's effective. He knows how to score and how to finish at the basket."

San Antonio is 26-3 when scoring at least 90 points.

The Spurs, a league-best 18-2 at home, play three of their next four games at the newly renamed AT&T Center.

The Bucks continued their disappointing play this month with a 114-95 loss to Dallas on Monday, Milwaukee's sixth defeat in eight games.

"Like most teams, we have our ups and downs," Milwaukee coach Terry Stotts said. "We are struggling a little bit right now. We are turning the ball over too much right now. They outrebounded us and that has been a strength for us.

"Every team goes through some lulls and we are going through one right now."

The Bucks had a season-low 31 rebounds against the Mavericks and turned the ball over 18 times. Milwaukee has allowed 100 points or more in four consecutive games while scoring that many only twice in its last 12 games.

Since 1985, Milwaukee has won only four times in 18 games at San Antonio.

STANDINGS (through Jan. 16): Bucks - 4th place, 11 1/2 GB, Central Division. Spurs - 1st place, Southwest Division.

PROBABLE STARTERS: Bucks - F Andrew Bogut, F Bobby Simmons, C Jamaal Magloire, G T.J. Ford, G Michael Redd. Spurs - F Bruce Bowen, F Tim Duncan, C Rasho Nesterovic, G Manu Ginobili, G Parker.

TEAM LEADERS: Bucks - Redd, 24.8 ppg; Magloire, 9.6 rpg; Ford, 6.5 apg. Spurs - Duncan, 20.3 ppg and 11.7 rpg; Parker, 5.9 apg.

SEASON SERIES: Bucks, 1-0.

LAST MEETING: Dec. 20; Bucks 109-107, OT. At Milwaukee, Bogut hit a fadeaway jumper as time expired in the extra period to lift the Bucks. The No. 1 pick in the draft finished with 19 points, nine rebounds and two blocks, his best game of the season.

ROAD/HOME RECORDS: Bucks - 9-9 on the road; Spurs - 18-2 at home.

FromWayDowntown
01-18-2006, 12:21 PM
I'll say this: last year with Manu's campaign to make the All-Star team, there was at least some controversy among the commentators, some for him, others against him, and most saying it was a close call.

Reading comments this week about who should be All-Stars, the commentators I've read are all saying that Tony is a no-brainer as one of the two backup guards in the West.

I think that's probably right.

Bruno
01-18-2006, 12:52 PM
Parker's interview (http://www.tp9.net/en/itw.php?id=107)

Tony, what do you think about the World Championship draw ?
When I knew we were going to play Argentina, I was extremely happy. Personally, I think it is the best team from these past couple of years. To play them in our opening game does not bother me. We will thus enter immediately in the heart of the debate and this game will work as a test.

Did you talk about this with Manu Ginobili ?
Of course ! Yesterday, when we were flying to Memphis, we were starting to “talk shit” to one another. Remember that Manus is not the only one to talk to as there is also Fabricio Oberto who happens to know Cyril Julian very well as they played together in Valencia, Spain.

Following this Argentina game, you’ll have to face Serbia.
We can imagine that the Serbs will be motivated as their loss in Novi Sad must still be in everyone’s heads. The question is which team will be in Japan ? Since the Euro, it is a bit messy in Serbian basketball. We have yet to know who is the coach and we don’t know if all the players will be on hand. There remains a lot of uncertainty surrounding this team.

Do you know anything about your other opponents : Lebanon, Nigeria and Venezuela ?
Absolutely not as I have never had the opportunity to see them play. I have asked a few questions to Manu about Venezuela. He told that they were not as good as Brazil and that is was a team that could be beaten. We have to remain careful as anything can happen during a game.

We know the US are in the midst of naming their team and that the encounter a few difficulties to reach their star players. Any thoughts about this ?
Fifteen years ago, the Jordan, Bird, and Magic were proud to represent their country. It was very important for them to play in international competitions, to win the gold and to show the world that US basketball was dominant. Today, the motivations are not the same and when I see Tim (Duncan), I find it a bit too bad for US basketball. Nonetheless, I understand Tim's beeing somewhat frustrated with European style of basketball. The Olympic Games were a nightmare for him as he encountered a lot of difficulties with the officiating. For me, if I was American I would want to bring with me the best players. Can you imagine a team made up of Shaq, Duncan, Bryant, Iverson, Garnett, Allen, Ben Wallace, Billups and Bruce Bowen !

You’ve just won, yesterday in Memphis (93-83). How do you see this win ?
It is a very good win from the Spurs. It isn’t easy to win in Memphis and we did so with authority. I am extremely happy for the team. As I often say it, Memphis is a very good team and they resemble us a bit in their style of play. Team playing comes ahead of individuals.

Despite a very good first quarter from the Spurs (27-19), Memphis was leading by one at the half (42-41). What happened ?
We could not dream of a better start, everything was going in. Then Pau Gasol hurt us and we could not contain him (17 points in the first half). We thus had to change our strategy in the second half. We double teamed him and stopped the bleeding. We then only needed to finish the work on the offense.

This is just what you did by scoring 28 points with a great 12/13 shooting.
Do not ask me to do this every night ! (laughs) It is incredible to end with such shooting percentage. I played well throughout the game: 10 points in the first half, 11 in the 3rd quarter and 7 in the 4th. By scoring 7 points in the last three minutes of the 3rd quarter we have succeeded to create a gap in the score. Such series of basket was very important.

Have you ever had such success shooting ?
No, this the first time that I end a game with more than 20 points with only one missed shot. I have had my best series of the year against Golden State by scoring 26 points but had missed 2 shots (11-13). Last night, I scored seven lay ups, four tear drops and mid-distance shot. On the only shot that I missed, I was able to get my own rebound to score the two points.

In what type of mind frame where you during this game, did you have the feeling to be invincible ?
Absolutely not; not one second I thought that nothing could happen to me. I thoughts that did not perform to the team’s expectations during the past two games and what I brought to the team was insufficient. Last night, I only wanted to do something good, I did not put any pressure on myself; I was only trying to bring a little plus. In the end, everything was good.

Tim Duncan ended the game with only ten shots… (he cuts me)
This is how you recognize the great players. Tim saw that I was hot. Instead of taking fifteen shots, he preferred to dish out the ball. I know that some players would not have asked themselves the same question. Tim, is a very intelligent player. This is what he has been doing in the past and the reason why he had been so dominant in the NBA for the past couple of years.

ChumpDumper
01-18-2006, 12:54 PM
(he cuts me)Wow.

Street cred....

1Parker1
01-18-2006, 01:01 PM
:lol

lilmads
01-18-2006, 01:13 PM
Nice...

Go Tony Go:)

boutons_
01-18-2006, 01:24 PM
"Tim, is a very intelligent player."

iow, "Tim passes Tony the ball" :lol

milkyway21
01-18-2006, 08:42 PM
For me, if I was American I would want to bring with me the best players. Can you imagine a team made up of Shaq, Duncan, Bryant, Iverson, Garnett, Allen, Ben Wallace, Billups and Bruce Bowen !

:tu You just made a REAL Dream Team, there, Tony. and I can see how you respect Bruce Bowen's contribution to Spurs team winning championships.

ducks
01-20-2006, 10:37 PM
Doing Again!

phyzik
01-21-2006, 12:40 AM
that steal on the inbounds pass from Posey to Payton after Posey nailed him was freaking sweet. Especially being a trey right in front of Paytons face.

ChumpDumper
01-21-2006, 12:43 AM
These "messge sending" hard fouls only seem to make Tony more aggressive. This was a real coming out party for Tony's jumper.

samikeyp
01-21-2006, 12:45 AM
that steal on the inbounds pass from Posey to Payton after Posey nailed him was freaking sweet. Especially being a trey right in front of Paytons face.

That was awesome! Payton's face was priceless.