PDA

View Full Version : We should go after Bosh!!!!!

BigBoneC
01-17-2006, 06:43 PM
I think we should go after bosh when he becomes a free agent this kid has a bright future and he is a true center

ChumpDumper
01-17-2006, 06:45 PM
1) Why would Toronto let him go?

2) Are we going to sign him with the MLE?

Bruno
01-17-2006, 06:47 PM
3) and he isn't a true center, he is a PF.

2centsworth
01-17-2006, 07:13 PM
If isiah will take Nazr, Rasho, and Barry for nobody it might just work.

Brutalis
01-17-2006, 07:17 PM
I told Athena this in the chat last night.

Bosh's idol? Tim Duncan. Just ask him.

He won't resign with Toronto, he will do a sign and trade.

San Antonio has just as much a shot to land him as anyone.

Toronto would want Nazr, or Rasho both along with either Finley/Exel or Barry.

It would be well worth it. Bosh by the fans word is better than the likes of Dwight Howard.

It is very legit and could happen.

SA will make some attempt I am sure of it.

Brutalis
01-17-2006, 07:18 PM
1) Why would Toronto let him go?

2) Are we going to sign him with the MLE?

Read my post. :)

Bosh is not happy in Toronto. That's old news.

ALVAREZ6
01-17-2006, 07:19 PM
Fuck, we should go for him if his idol is Duncan....as long as Tim, Tony, and Manu stay Spurs, it's worth it.

FromWayDowntown
01-17-2006, 07:21 PM

If only Isiah were still in Toronto.

2centsworth
01-17-2006, 07:21 PM

It would be well worth it. Bosh by the fans word is better than the likes of Dwight Howard.

SA will make some attempt I am sure of it.

I love Bosh's game, but SA doesn't have the money. Plus, Toronto is not going to take all of the spurs Stiffs so the spurs can have money to sign Bosh.

Also, I love Bosh's game but Dwight Howard is off the charts. 19 years old and had 19pts, 18rbs, 3blks his last game. Dude has a double double every freakin night.

ALVAREZ6
01-17-2006, 07:22 PM
Also, I love Bosh's game but Dwight Howard is off the charts. 19 years old and had 19pts, 18rbs, 3blks his last game. Dude has a double double every freakin night.
That's why he's on my fantasy team...

Isiah Thomas
01-17-2006, 07:24 PM
Nazr's contract ends this year also why would I want a player that I traded away to begin with.

He was talking abut unloading the contracts.

2centsworth
01-17-2006, 07:24 PM
no it still works. Spurs get nothing the knicks get our stiffs and then the spurs have dough for Bosh. Come on grand wizard keep up.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-17-2006, 07:26 PM

1. We're over the cap.
2. All young players go for the max payday first. They only worry about sentimental shit when they get older
3. See #1

2centsworth
01-17-2006, 07:26 PM
Nazr's contract ends this year also why would I want a player that I traded away to begin with.

He was talking abut unloading the contracts.
i was being facetious.

Isiah Thomas
01-17-2006, 07:28 PM
i was being facetious.

I was being sardonic

Brutalis
01-17-2006, 07:34 PM

Consider Bosh is signed around 11-14 mil first year in his deal he will get.

Consider Rasho is 7.2 next year. Barry 5.1. Finley 2.8. Hell, even Oberto is 2.5. Add it up. SA could add cash considerations to make up the difference. Even without cash options and considering Bosh makes between the amount listed,.... it could work.

Pessimistic noobs can shawtup. Teams have made worse moves before. Just ask Orlando. Besides, Toronto has high hopes for Charlie and would need some veteren leadership.

And also... Dwight place on Orlando. I know, I know, Bosh is on the weak ass Raptors. But still, Howard is the goto guy in Orlando and his stats look better than usual and will continue to do so. Not discredit his game because he has a lot of it, I just think if Bosh was switched in his position he'd do just as good.

T Park
01-17-2006, 07:49 PM
Smoking bad crack forum

Trainwreck2100
01-17-2006, 07:53 PM
Smoking bad crack forum

I'd say this kind of idea it's pretty good crack

Brutalis
01-17-2006, 08:09 PM
You guys give the brains of the Raptors owners too much credit.

FreshPrince22
01-17-2006, 08:09 PM
:lol :lmao :lmao :lmao

And the Pistons are going after Lebron and Dwight Howard.

Sorry, but some people on here are clueless.

Brutalis
01-17-2006, 08:11 PM
You are still a fucking noob.

FreshPrince22
01-17-2006, 08:11 PM
You are still a fucking noob.

At least I'm not a retard, and I know when something is incredibly fucking stupid. Like getting Bosh for your old garbage.

Just because it works on NBA Live doesn't mean it happens in reality. If that were the case Darko would be putting up 40/15/8/8 like he is on my NBA 2K6 team :lol

T Park
01-17-2006, 08:16 PM
Now I disagree with it.

But I honestly dont like Piston fan coming in and busting my fellow Spurs fan's skoochone's.

Chill Prince.

FreshPrince22
01-17-2006, 08:19 PM
Now I disagree with it.

But I honestly dont like Piston fan coming in and busting my fellow Spurs fan's skoochone's.

Chill Prince.

Who cares who I'm a fan of? I'm a fan of common sense. Thinking that the Spurs (or any other team) would get Bosh for nothing is insane. You guys would have to include Duncan for them to even look twice.

Trainwreck2100
01-17-2006, 08:19 PM
At least I'm not a retard, and I know when something is incredibly fucking stupid. Like getting Bosh for your old garbage.
l

He wasn't talking about Bosh for garbage, he said to dump the contracts so they could have the money to sign him.

T Park
01-17-2006, 08:22 PM
Who cares who I'm a fan of? I'm a fan of common sense

I care.

And I don't like fans of opposing teams coming in here and busting fellow Spurs fans chops.

Just chill out with your bossin around.

Brutalis
Yeah Boyeeee

FreshPrince22
He wasn't talking about Bosh for garbage, he said to dump the contracts so they could have the money to sign him.

The Raptors aren't going to let him walk. You could have all the capspace in the world, and it wouldn't matter. The Raptors still have his rights. Whatever you offer, they will match. Even if Bosh didn't want them to. The absolute ONLY way it could happen is if it was a sign and trade that included Duncan. And that would only be if Bosh was trying to force his way out.

2centsworth
01-17-2006, 08:23 PM
If Prince doesn't shut up we'll have the spurs trade Rasho for Ben Wallace str8 up.

FreshPrince22
01-17-2006, 08:24 PM
I care.

And I don't like fans of opposing teams coming in here and busting fellow Spurs fans chops.

I wasn't "bossin around" untill someone called me a "fucking noob" for laughing at this thread. Now, if I was the one bringing up some nonsense like this thread, then that would be fine. But I'm not.

ChumpDumper
01-17-2006, 08:32 PM

SA will make some attempt I am sure of it.Toronto wouldn't to trade their franchise player for our garbage. Guaranteed. And San Antonio has no leverage to sign him outright. Maybe RC could shake up Toronto's front office by making Babcock die of laughter, but that's about it.

As much of a shot to land him as anyone?

False.

Charlotte can offer max money -- to start. If Toronto feels like dealing they can take back any combination of Wallace, Felton, May and one of the draft picks Bernie has been stocklpiling.

Chicago can do the exact same thing, just replace the above names with Duhon, Gordon and Deng -- oh, and add a fat shoe contract for playing in a big market. You can ask Elton Brand about that one.

New Orleans might be able to find enough cap space for a max offer as well. Same goes for the Orlando team that was a plane ticket away from stealing Tim Duncan.

And finally, Toronto will have about $20 million in cap space to spend after locking up Bosh. What would make anyone think the Raps wouldn't match any offer? Poverty?

mookie2001
01-17-2006, 08:33 PM
this is the kind of thread of I would expect to find in the...

spurs forum

FreshPrince22
01-17-2006, 08:37 PM
Thank you ChumpDumper. You have to have a LOT of cap space, and a LOT of young, big time talent to give up in order to land a guy like Bosh. The Spurs have neither (contending teams pretty much never do). Even then, it's next to impossible and completely unrealistic.

Brutalis
01-17-2006, 08:59 PM
Toronto wouldn't to trade their franchise player for our garbage. Guaranteed. And San Antonio has no leverage to sign him outright. Maybe RC could shake up Toronto's front office by making Babcock die of laughter, but that's about it.

As much of a shot to land him as anyone?

False.

Charlotte can offer max money -- to start. If Toronto feels like dealing they can take back any combination of Wallace, Felton, May and one of the draft picks Bernie has been stocklpiling.

Chicago can do the exact same thing, just replace the above names with Duhon, Gordon and Deng -- oh, and add a fat shoe contract for playing in a big market. You can ask Elton Brand about that one.

New Orleans might be able to find enough cap space for a max offer as well. Same goes for the Orlando team that was a plane ticket away from stealing Tim Duncan.

And finally, Toronto will have about $20 million in cap space to spend after locking up Bosh. What would make anyone think the Raps wouldn't match any offer? Poverty?

???

I know the chance is very small. The whole point of the thread was to reply to the Spurs going after Bosh. And I replied accordingly with the best shot we would have.

I also basically said you never know. Worse things have happend.

And although I was and still am being serious, you reply like I honestly believe that would happen.

I don't. But again I say, worse things have happend.

Maybe try replying with something like, details to some sort of chance that it would take for it to happen. Like, pretend for 10 seconds that some GM's and owners have a brain fart and amaze us all sometimes.

Anyways. My whole point is declaring what it would take and the likely-hood of it happening. In which I did. Ease up.

Brutalis
01-17-2006, 09:00 PM
ps- Fresh. Keep trying dude.. your Kelso tag still stands.

ChumpDumper
01-17-2006, 09:03 PM
Maybe try replying with something like, details to some sort of chance that it would take for it to happen.Maybe you could reply with an actual sign and trade that has happened resembling the one you described between the Spurs and Raptors given the cap situations of both teams. You say worse things have happened -- I really can't recall anything quite that bad.
My whole point is declaring what it would take and the likely-hood of it happening.Well you said we have as good a chance as anyone. I disagree and listed the teams in much better positions than ours.

E20
01-17-2006, 09:04 PM
Going after Bosh is like going after Shaq, never going to happen.

Brutalis
01-17-2006, 09:05 PM
I care.

Hahaha.

Yeah.

It's the season of the confident Pistons fan. Honestly you'd think some of them would have sense enough to spend their time more wisely. Like, stalking a Pistons forum all day instead? Honestly there is 3 Pistons fans here I respect and the rest are just typical. Reminds me of the weirdo's on American Idol to be honest.

Goto Pistons.com, find the forums. See how many Spurs fans stalk it. Not near as much. Heh.

Brutalis
01-17-2006, 09:08 PM
Maybe you could reply with an actual sign and trade that has happened resembling the one you described between the Spurs and Raptors given the cap situations of both teams. You say worse things have happened -- I really can't recall anything quite that bad.Well you said we have as good a chance as anyone. I disagree and listed the teams in much better positions than ours.

Maybe... you could use your brain and think back to the 90s. Honestly, are you even aware of the Orlando fiasco's? If not I'm not going to waste my time lecturing someone so unaware.

No, I said we have just as much of a chance as anyone. And we do. Maybe not with as good of an offer but we got the same chance to make a plea. Which is my point exactly.

And yeah, other teams could produce better offers.

Why don't you tell me something I don't know in this thread... .. better yet don't bother and critique yourself somewhere else.

Brutalis
01-17-2006, 09:09 PM
Going after Bosh is like going after Shaq, never going to happen.
Spurs better try anyways. There's nothing to lose.

Pistons < Spurs
01-17-2006, 09:12 PM
No chance in hell.

Brutalis
01-17-2006, 09:15 PM
No chance in hell.
:pctoss

Trade us McDyess for Rasho. :blah

Pistons < Spurs
01-17-2006, 09:17 PM
:pctoss

Trade us McDyess for Rasho. :blah

No chance in hell.

LOL :spin

Brutalis
01-17-2006, 09:17 PM
No chance in hell.

LOL :spin

We will include um..... Manu. :angel

ChumpDumper
01-17-2006, 09:19 PM
Maybe... you could use your brain and think back to the 90s. Honestly, are you even aware of the Orlando fiasco's? If not I'm not going to waste my time lecturing someone so unaware.Please enlighten me. You can't say Grant hill because he's the Chris Bosh in this equation.
No, I said we have just as much of a chance as anyone. And we do. Maybe not with as good of an offer but we got the same chance to make a plea. Which is my point exactly.So you're basically saying that RC has a telephone. Good take.
Why don't you tell me something I don't know in this thread... .. better yet don't bother and critique yourself somewhere else.Why should I critique myself? I did a good job.

Brutalis
01-17-2006, 09:20 PM
:lol

Alright.

ALVAREZ6
01-17-2006, 09:28 PM
Nazr, Rasho, OBerto for Bosh.

ALVAREZ6
01-17-2006, 09:37 PM
http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/7317/spurschrisbosh2ug.png

He looks better in a Spurs jersey anyway...

Brutalis
01-17-2006, 09:38 PM

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

FreshPrince22
01-17-2006, 09:39 PM
ps- Fresh. Keep trying dude.. your Kelso tag still stands.

Sorry dude, you completely lost me there.

FreshPrince22

:lol

BJack24
Who cares who I'm a fan of? I'm a fan of common sense. Thinking that the Spurs (or any other team) would get Bosh for nothing is insane. You guys would have to include Duncan for them to even look twice.
You are completely right.

Some people in here think they are in some video game or something. Be realistic you all--Bosh will be getting the contract Duncan has now. How can a team afford Manu, Tony, TD, and Bosh?

The answer is, they don't. Shut the fuck up and realize what world you all are in. Damn.

Brutalis
01-17-2006, 09:42 PM
OMGAH NEWB ALERT

/conan

ALVAREZ6
01-17-2006, 09:52 PM
You are completely right.

Some people in here think they are in some video game or something. Be realistic you all--Bosh will be getting the contract Duncan has now. How can a team afford Manu, Tony, TD, and Bosh?

The answer is, they don't. Shut the fuck up and realize what world you all are in. Damn.
How can a team afford Chauncey (argueably best PG), Rip, Prince, Big Ben, and Rasheed????

:wtf

Brutalis
01-17-2006, 09:54 PM
Russian prostitutes are more convincing than you think.

Despot
01-17-2006, 09:56 PM

Oh no you didn't!!! Sounds like your a little sensitive and insecure about keeping your stars. So, when can Pao bolt Memphis?

Oh, we did not grossly overpay Manu and Tony, actually signed them for way below market value, thats why, with the right moves we can clear up quite a bit of cap space, while still retaining talent because players actually WANT to play here, and will do so for less money.

ALVAREZ6
01-17-2006, 09:56 PM
http://clicksmilies.com/s0105/musik/music-smiley-018.gifhttp://clicksmilies.com/s0105/musik/music-smiley-026.gifhttp://clicksmilies.com/s0105/musik/music-smiley-005.gifhttp://clicksmilies.com/s0105/musik/music-smiley-007.gif

BJack24
01-17-2006, 09:57 PM
Billups is not the best PG. Nash and Kidd are. Rip is decent, but isnt even as good as Pierce, Manu, Jason Richardson, or Ricky Davis. Tayshaun is a decent defender and is really long. However he chokes in the playoffs. Sheed is their best player and needs to learn to shoot more. Ben can play D but is one of the worst shooters in the world.

You all forget the Spurs are well managed. They are no Miami Heat or Los Angeles Lakers. They build real teams, not fantasy/all-star teams.

ALVAREZ6
01-17-2006, 09:59 PM
Billups is not the best PG. Nash and Kidd are. Rip is decent, but isnt even as good as Pierce, Manu, Jason Richardson, or Ricky Davis. Tayshaun is a decent defender and is really long. However he chokes in the playoffs. Sheed is their best player and needs to learn to shoot more. Ben can play D but is one of the worst shooters in the world.

You all forget the Spurs are well managed. They are no Miami Heat or Los Angeles Lakers. They build real teams, not fantasy/all-star teams.
Chauncey is the 2nd best PG behind Nash..either way, I said argueably. I'd rather have Rip over Ricky Davis and Jason Richardson, dude has an automatic jumper.

Sheed is almost impossible to guard, Prince does a little bit of everything, from blocking to 3's, to 10 dunks a game...Ben just is Ben, self-explanatory.

BJack24
01-17-2006, 10:01 PM
Oh no you didn't!!! Sounds like your a little sensitive and insecure about keeping your stars. So, when can Pao bolt Memphis?

Oh, we did not grossly overpay Manu and Tony, actually signed them for way below market value, thats why, with the right moves we can clear up quite a bit of cap space, while still retaining talent because players actually WANT to play here, and will do so for less money.
This has nothing to do with Memphis.

Manu and Tony are incredible players. And yes, they are both signed way under what they deserve. However getting Bosh is like saying LeBron and Kobe are going to be on the same team one day--absolutely ludacris.

Why don't you all appreciate what a solid team the Spurs have right now and stop dreaming about how you would love to be RC Buford and screw this team up.

FreshPrince22
01-17-2006, 10:05 PM
How can a team afford Chauncey (argueably best PG), Rip, Prince, Big Ben, and Rasheed????

Each and every one of those players was brought in when their stock was low. Bosh's stock isn't low.

Chauncey- Career journey man. Tossed from team to team. Joe saw the potential.
Rip- He fell out of favor in Washington. We traded our, then, franchise player (stackhouse) for him.
Prince- 23rd pick in the draft. 22 teams passed him up.
Ben- Most people didn't know who he was. A 6-7 Center with no offensive game? Again, Joe D. finds a diamond in the rough.
Rasheed- Misunderstood player that was looked at as a team cancer. Most people didn't/don't realize he is a great teammate that just needed a better situation
McDyess- People thought he would never play again. Joe takes a chance that pays off.

When Dumars get in trouble is when he starts getting into the "hype" players like Darko, Rodney White, etc. He's much better off looking for the hidden talent that everyone else is overlooking.

ChumpDumper
01-17-2006, 10:07 PM

:wtfBuy low.

Guru of Nothing
01-17-2006, 10:09 PM
There's a strong concentration of dumb fucking Spurs fans posts in this thread.

FreshPrince22
01-17-2006, 10:11 PM

Wow.....

Rip isn't as good as Ricky Davis?? :lol You must have missed the game yesterday where Rip held Ricky SCORELESS in 42 minutes. 0-8 from the field. Rip scores 22ppg on 50% shooting on almost all 15-20 footers. The guy has been incredible this season.

Tayshaun chokes in the playoffs? The dude made his career in the playoffs. In '03 he was a nobody (Mr. DNP) untill the Pistons called on him in the 1st round of the playoffs, down 1-3 to the magic. He shut down T-mac, and hit tons of clutch shots that year. Pistons won 3 straight with him inserted in the starting lineup. In '04: Reggie Miller... Nuff said. The single most clutch block in NBA history. He also locked down Kobe in the Finals. The reason he sucked in '05 is because he was playing on a bad ankle that he injured in the Philly series. Untill that ankle sprain in game 4 he was averaging 20/7/4 in the playoffs.

Billups > Kidd. Nuff said. It's not even that close right now.

Rummpd
01-17-2006, 10:14 PM
I agree any coach/GM worth a salt in the US would take Rip Hamilton over Ricky Davis right now - both sides of the ball!

Guru of Nothing
01-17-2006, 10:21 PM
I agree any coach/GM worth a salt in the US would take Rip Hamilton over Ricky Davis right now - both sides of the ball!

I'd take Ricky in a game of HORSE over Rip.

ETA: Does anyone actually play HORSE nowadays? Seems like BITCH would be a more fitting name for the game.

Despot
01-17-2006, 10:30 PM
This has nothing to do with Memphis.

And my post didn't have much to do with us getting Bosh, just astonishment that you come in here, telling us to STFU?

Manu and Tony are incredible players. And yes, they are both signed way under what they deserve. However getting Bosh is like saying LeBron and Kobe are going to be on the same team one day--absolutely ludacris.

Don't be so sure of yourself, remember Shaq and Kobe? The two best players in the league at the time?

How can a team afford Manu, Tony, TD, and Bosh?

And I answered your question as to how we could afford them
Here I go in detail:

Tim 15.8 Million
Tony 8.4 Million
Manu 7.4 Million
Total 31.6 Million

Nazr 5.5 Million (Expiring)
Rasho 6.7 Million (Not unthinkable we can move him for an expiring contract)
Barry 4.7 Million (Not unthinkable we can move him for an expiring contract)
Total Freed 16.9 Million (would we skip a beat? yeah, but I heard Bosh, or Pao for that matter are smart kids, they can pick up the system quick)

All our other Role players are at 3 Million or less, Another owner even helps us play one of our players!!!

With any luck, Free Agents will still come here for less because we have a great franchise to play for, if not, we are great at finding talent locally and abroad, and bringing the most out of a players ability, (Rasho is an anomaly) need I go into the talent we have stored away overseas?

Chance of getting Bosh? 2%
But then I am not arguing that point, I just will not STFU when I am told to, or fellow members here are told to do so, you know what? :stfu :idiot

Despot
01-17-2006, 10:41 PM
Oh, and BJack! Welcome to the board!! :elephant

ChumpDumper
01-17-2006, 10:42 PM
Don't be so sure of yourself, remember Shaq and Kobe? The two best players in the league at the time?West traded for Kobe beofre he bounced a ball on the court - years before he became on of the best. And Shaq was signed during a time when restricted free agency didn't exist.

ShoogarBear
01-17-2006, 11:02 PM
ETA: Does anyone actually play HORSE nowadays? I played over the holidays. My nieces smoked me.

Despot
01-17-2006, 11:02 PM
West traded for Kobe beofre he bounced a ball on the court - years before he became on of the best. And Shaq was signed during a time when restricted free agency didn't exist.

Understood, however I was mainly challenging the contention that two players with the caliber of Lebron and Kobe could not be ont the same team.
Unlikely, but possible. I'm not talking about Ego's either. If Lebron signs a 1 year qualifying offer when his contract runs out to become a free agent, I find it hard to believe LA would not go after him. Maybe Kobe will wind up riding Lebron's Coattails one day in a desperate effort to win one more 'ship.

ChumpDumper
01-17-2006, 11:08 PM
Understood, however I was mainly challenging the contention that two players with the caliber of Lebron and Kobe could not be ont the same team.
Unlikely, but possible. I'm not talking about Ego's either. If Lebron signs a 1 year qualifying offer when his contract runs out to become a free agent, I find it hard to believe LA would not go after him. Maybe Kobe will wind up riding Lebron's Coattails one day in a desperate effort to win one more 'ship.Anything is possible, but sure-fire max players don't usually go that direction.

z0sa
01-18-2006, 12:17 AM
I think if we could possibly get Bosh, we would be much better. Our only really good big man is TD. He can't get every rebound and block every shot can he? Ive been saying since DRob retired we need another big man who can score and rebound.

Despot
01-18-2006, 12:25 AM
Are 10 and 8 centers really that hard to come by?? I would be satisfied with that.
Someone that can routinely get a single double? Either Rebounds or points?

I'm kind of shocked though, just realized Rasho is only averaging 21 minutes a game.
Seemed like more.

FreshPrince22
01-18-2006, 12:34 AM
I think if we could possibly get Bosh, we would be much better. Our only really good big man is TD. He can't get every rebound and block every shot can he? Ive been saying since DRob retired we need another big man who can score and rebound.

Every team needs another big man who can "score and rebound". They are few and far between. Be thankful that you have the best "big man" in the league, and stop being so selfish! :spin

BJack24
01-18-2006, 01:36 AM
And my post didn't have much to do with us getting Bosh, just astonishment that you come in here, telling us to STFU?

Don't be so sure of yourself, remember Shaq and Kobe? The two best players in the league at the time?
Tim was better than Kobe

And I answered your question as to how we could afford them
Here I go in detail:

Tim 15.8 Million
Tony 8.4 Million
Manu 7.4 Million
Total 31.6 Million

Nazr 5.5 Million (Expiring)
Rasho 6.7 Million (Not unthinkable we can move him for an expiring contract) <------ Oh REALLY!?!? Name the team idiot
Barry 4.7 Million (Not unthinkable we can move him for an expiring contract)Pop has NO interest in moving him
Total Freed 16.9 Million (would we skip a beat? yeah, but I heard Bosh, or Pao for that matter are smart kids, they can pick up the system quick)
You are talking about 2 franchise players here. The Spurs already have 1 in Tim Duncan and two boarderliners in Tony and Manu

All our other Role players are at 3 Million or less, Another owner even helps us play one of our players!!!

With any luck, Free Agents will still come here for less because we have a great franchise to play for, if not, we are great at finding talent locally and abroad, and bringing the most out of a players ability, (Rasho is an anomaly) need I go into the talent we have stored away overseas?

Chance of getting Bosh? 2% Your only good point. HIGHLY unlikely
But then I am not arguing that point, I just will not STFU when I am told to, or fellow members here are told to do so, you know what? :stfu :idiot

z0sa
01-18-2006, 01:51 AM
Every team needs another big man who can "score and rebound". They are few and far between. Be thankful that you have the best "big man" in the league, and stop being so selfish! :spin

Some teams don't even have one big man who can score and rebound consistently. The Lakers are the most obvious choice, the Sonics, etc. So yes, I'm happy we have TD. But I'm a strong advocate of getting a young talented post player to play alongside TD and train under his wing, like Bosh, Howard, etc. I think not only would it be incredibly helpful now, but for the future of the Spurs organization.

FreshPrince22
01-18-2006, 02:00 AM
But I'm a strong advocate of getting a young talented post player to play alongside TD and train under his wing, like Bosh, Howard, etc. I think not only would it be incredibly helpful now, but for the future of the Spurs organization.

The point is.. Every single GM, Coach, Player, Fan thinks the same thing. Unfortunately, it is completely unreasonable to think a player of Bosh or Howard's calibur are a possibility. That's like me saying. Boy, I am a strong advocate of the Pistons getting Lebron James and Kevin Garnett. OBVIOUSLY it would be "incredibly helpful now, and for the future", but it is also OBVIOUSLY impossible.

The only way an already great team can get a guy like that is if their star player misses an entire season and they tank. Then they win the draft lottery, and end up with a #1 pick. "Conveniently" the year the best player of the next decade comes out of Wake Fo... I mean college. Sound like any team you know?

BJack24
01-18-2006, 02:02 AM
The point is.. Every single GM, Coach, Player, Fan thinks the same thing. Unfortunately, it is completely unreasonable to think a player of Bosh or Howard's calibur are a possibility. That's like me saying. Boy, I am a strong advocate of the Pistons getting Lebron James and Kevin Garnett. OBVIOUSLY it would be "incredibly helpful now, and for the future", but it is also OBVIOUSLY impossible.

The only way an already great team can get a guy like that is if their star player misses an entire season and they tank. Them win the draft lottery, and end up with a #1 pick, "conveniently" the year the best player of the next decade comes out of Wake Fo... I mean college. Sound like any team you know?You are a highly knowledgeable poster. Seriously.

xcoriate
01-18-2006, 02:08 AM
I got dumber reading that thread.

People shouldnt be able to propose signings or trades unless they know how it works. It's really not that hard to get the basic understanding of it either.

BJack24
01-18-2006, 02:09 AM
I played over the holidays. My nieces smoked me.
:lmao

At least you are man enough to admit it!

BJack24
01-18-2006, 02:09 AM
I got dumber reading that thread.

People shouldnt be able to propose signings or trades unless they know how it works. It's really not that hard to get the basic understanding of it either.
BINGO!

SpursIndonesia
01-18-2006, 02:24 AM

Because none of them is paid with the MAX currently. That's not gonna be the case on Chris Bosh next contract salary demand :lol

Whoever suggesting the Spurs have a SERIOUS chance of getting Chris Bosh is indeed smoking nice weed, perhaps cannabis from North Sumatera (Aceh) i guess :angel

Frenchise player
01-18-2006, 06:32 AM
I say that we should go after Kirilenko before signing Bosh.

TDMVPDPOY
01-18-2006, 07:16 AM
I say that we should go after Kirilenko before signing Bosh.

What smack are u on?? AK47 has already sign an extention or max last season.

FreshPrince22
01-18-2006, 07:40 AM
What smack are u on?? AK47 has already sign an extention or max last season.

don't you know???!?!?!?!? Like, the Spurz can trade Rasho, Brent, and Nazr 4 him. OMGz!!!11one! I can't wait!!!11!!

Gino2882
01-18-2006, 09:12 AM
Bosh is more PF than Center. But still a tremendous player.

I think all this team needs is an above average center. Because Rasho and Nazr arent doing much.

nkdlunch
01-18-2006, 10:12 AM
dumbest thread of 2006

Hassdabballman
01-18-2006, 10:43 AM
why dont you guys try gettin dirk garrnet shaq and kobe while your at it??

If bosh is on the spurs, Duncan wont be

RaptorsFan
01-18-2006, 03:10 PM
Sorry boys, but Bosh is signing for the max with Toronto. Every single player with Bird rights that has been offered the max by his previous team has stayed put. There's simply no precedent for something like this. With a person of Bosh's character, there's certainly no reason to believe that this situation will bring anything else. He's not going anywhere. Contrary to what some people in this thread arbitrarily claim, Bosh has expressed nothing but admiration for the city and has done nothing to indicate that he is unhappy in Toronto. In fact, just last week, Bosh was on a Canadian TV show and said that he was confident that the deal with Toronto would get done.

To the woefully misinformed that think that Rob Babcock would trade Bosh for scrubs and picks again, don't keep your hopes up. Imagine if RC dealt Duncan for Mark Blount, Brian Scalabrine and 2 first rounders. Do you really think he would be dumb enough to trade Ginobili for scrubs two years later? Anybody with an iota of sense will not make a mistake that large twice.

leemajors
01-18-2006, 04:51 PM
doesn't mean a better team with cap space couldn't lure him away. don't get me wrong, the spurs are capped out and have zero chance of getting bosh... but don't assume he is going to resign with toronto until the ink dries.

RaptorsFan
01-18-2006, 05:09 PM
doesn't mean a better team with cap space couldn't lure him away. don't get me wrong, the spurs are capped out and have zero chance of getting bosh... but don't assume he is going to resign with toronto until the ink dries.
It doesn't matter. The Raptors can still offer him more money than anybody else (They've been stockpiling 06-07 expiring contracts just so they have room for Bosh's max deal and have flexibility on the free agent market that summer) AND they can match any offer that another team makes.

ALVAREZ6
01-18-2006, 05:23 PM
I don't think anyone was serious about Bosh actually becoming a Spur...it's all fun and games. Those of you that thought that we were dead serious, ... I don't know what to tell you....at least I wasn't. That would be sweet though if Bosh became a Spur.

Mixability
01-18-2006, 06:28 PM
Fuck, we should go for him if his idol is Duncan....as long as Tim, Tony, and Manu stay Spurs, it's worth it.

Nazr, Rasho, OBerto for Bosh.

I don't think anyone was serious about Bosh actually becoming a Spur...it's all fun and games. Those of you that thought that we were dead serious, ... I don't know what to tell you....at least I wasn't. That would be sweet though if Bosh became a Spur.

backtracking moron. :shootme

Phenomanul
01-18-2006, 06:43 PM

The only way an already great team can get a guy like that is if their star player misses an entire season and they tank. Then they win the draft lottery, and end up with a #1 pick. "Conveniently" the year the best player of the next decade comes out of Wake Fo... I mean college. Sound like any team you know?

You do realize that our odds of winning that Lottery were lower than that of two other teams..... right???

Mark in Austin
01-18-2006, 06:57 PM
I nominate this thread for a Carlos Mencia dee dee dee award.