PDA

View Full Version : Hillary calls Repugs modern-day slave owners

Oh, Gee!!
01-17-2006, 07:15 PM
Sen. Clinton: U.S. House Run 'Like a Plantation'

NEW YORK — Sen. Hillary Clinton on Monday blasted the Bush administration as "one of the worst" in U.S. history and compared the Republican-controlled House of Representatives to a plantation where dissenting voices are squelched.

Speaking during a Martin Luther King Jr. Day event, Clinton also offered an apology to a group of Hurricane Katrina survivors "on behalf of a government that left you behind, that turned its back on you." Her remarks were met with thunderous applause by a mostly black audience at the Canaan Baptist Church of Christ in Harlem.

The House "has been run like a plantation, and you know what I'm talking about," said Clinton, D-N.Y. "It has been run in a way so that nobody with a contrary view has had a chance to present legislation, to make an argument, to be heard."

"We have a culture of corruption, we have cronyism, we have incompetence," she said. "I predict to you that this administration will go down in history as one of the worst that has ever governed our country."

A spokeswoman for the White House declined to comment and referred questions to the Republican National Committee.

Mr. Peabody
01-17-2006, 07:26 PM
That's a dangerous statement. I don't know that Black people like Hillary as much as they liked her husband.

jochhejaam
01-17-2006, 07:51 PM
Way to further polarize an already divided Country. It's probably safe to say that she's not running on the "I want to be a uniter" banner.

Guess she wants to be promoted as the first "Black" female President.

Squelched dissenting voices are problematic for a political Party that constitutes the minority. :cry :baby

Gerryatrics
01-18-2006, 02:16 AM
"You know, he ran a gas station down in St. Louis for two years. Do you still go down to that gas station? There's a lot of wisdom coming out of that gas station." - Hillary Clinton referring to Mahatma Gandhi

'nuff said

bigzak25
01-18-2006, 02:18 AM
who cares what that honkey thinks? :lol

Hook Dem
01-18-2006, 11:20 AM
Hillary speaking about the Repubs and the "plantation". Meanwhile, she is just manuvering to keep the "black" constituant down on "her" plantation. Nothing new! Bring her on!!!! :lol

Ocotillo
01-18-2006, 11:34 AM
She's just borrowning Newt's metaphor in the 1994 off year elections. Newt used the exact same term and took it further referring to the Republicans as slaves to the Democrats who were the majority at the time.

Now the Repubs are all shocked, shocked I say to hear such brazen language.

You Repubs slay me..

smeagol
01-18-2006, 11:57 AM
Stupid statement.

Jamtas#2
01-18-2006, 01:59 PM
Very poor choice of words. I don't think one who has lead the life of Hillary Clinton has the ability to know what life on a plantation is like.
I find it hard to believe that Hillary feels squelched.

Ocotillo
01-18-2006, 05:40 PM
Very poor choice of words. I don't think one who has lead the life of Hillary Clinton has the ability to know what life on a plantation is like.
I find it hard to believe that Hillary feels squelched.

She is speaking of how the House of Representatives is being run these days. She is not saying she is squelched. Her party is in the minority and she is airing the same complaint Newt Gingrich did when he was in the minority.

I don't find the statement out of line and it appears neither did the African American audience she was speaking to.

jochhejaam
01-18-2006, 07:41 PM
She's just borrowning Newt's metaphor in the 1994 off year elections. Newt used the exact same term and took it further referring to the Republicans as slaves to the Democrats who were the majority at the time.

Now the Repubs are all shocked, shocked I say to hear such brazen language.

You Repubs slay me..

Octillo, I don't think anyone's shocked by the stupid statement made by Hillary. However, it's not something I would expect to hear from someone that conisders herself presidential timber.

Trying to get a rise out of a Black audience by playing on their history of and sensitivity to slavery is disingenuous b.s.

She's not a viable candidate for POTUS but I wouldn't be surprised to see the Dems run her anyway.