PDA

View Full Version : American Idol Season 5

Sonia_TX
01-17-2006, 07:23 PM
Does anybody here watch this besides me? lol Probably not...but if so maybe this can be the Official Thread.

It starts tonight just in case anybody wanted to know.

Brutalis
01-17-2006, 07:27 PM
Nah... Idol is one of those glossed over shit runners that America's teenagers made popular.

As for being entertained, yuck. I'd rather watch Survivor which still hasn't been canceled.

2centsworth
01-17-2006, 07:32 PM
I'm not admitting to anything.

Melmart1
01-17-2006, 07:37 PM
I only watch the first few shows where the William Hung-types are on for a laugh. Other than that, I could care less who wins, all the winners have sucked as far as I am concerned, although my oldest nephew has a huuuge crush on Kelly Clarkson.

IceColdBrewski
01-17-2006, 07:46 PM
I only watch the first few shows where the William Hung-types are on for a laugh. Other than that, I could care less who wins...

Exactly. The auditions are hilarious. Some of those kids throw major hissy fits when they're told they can't sing. And Simon always manages to make a few of them cry. Now THAT'S what I call entertainment.

TheTruth
01-17-2006, 07:55 PM
I'm with 2cents.....

lilmads
01-17-2006, 08:34 PM
it's on right now:)
My sister's watching it and all I can say is that someone sounds horrific!

TheTruth
01-17-2006, 08:44 PM
those twins sounded good..

Taco
01-17-2006, 08:45 PM
I like to watch the first episodes they are the funniest

Trainwreck2100
01-17-2006, 08:51 PM
Funny how they don't mention how the girl host tried to help that contestant that she was having an affair with last year.

samikeyp
01-17-2006, 08:55 PM
these are the only episodes I watch...the rejects...the deputy sheriff had me rolling! :lmao

lilmads
01-17-2006, 09:30 PM
OMG, that girl's tan.... :throwupsp

dawn
01-17-2006, 10:07 PM
I Love American Idol. Reality TV Junkie that I am. :spin

spurs=bling
01-17-2006, 10:13 PM
i stopped watching after the third season

Samr
01-17-2006, 10:27 PM
I stop watching once they start getting good. Only one I watched the entire way through was the first one, and it's funny how they don't even mention Justin Guar...whatever his name is. Even though he won, they always show Clarkson in posters and shit.

The first few episodes are unintentional commedy in its purest form. The rest is complete, pop-culture crap.

dawn
01-17-2006, 10:28 PM
No, Kelly won the first season. They do not mention Justin because he sued them and broke contracts with them.

Last season was the best. I love Bo Bice and his new album. Carrie is a great singer also and has a huge future ahead of her in country music.

Sonia_TX
01-17-2006, 10:36 PM
Some of those people in Chicago were crazy! The last set of twins were great. The song they sang, Superstar, is one of my favorites. Nice.

My aunt can imitate (sp) anybody and she called us imitating that Ukrainian girl. I just about peed in my pants. I love my aunt, she's nuts. :)

Samr
01-17-2006, 10:44 PM
No, Kelly won the first season. They do not mention Justin because he sued them and broke contracts with them.

No, I think Justin won. I remember being pissed because Kelly was obviously the better singer and as an added bonus she didn't look like Sideshow Bob.

Didn't know about the lawsuit, though. What'd he sue for? Lack of a career?

Sonia_TX
01-17-2006, 10:45 PM
No, I think Justin won. I remember being pissed because Kelly was obviously the better singer and as an added bonus she didn't look like Sideshow Bob.

Kelly won.

Leetonidas
01-17-2006, 10:46 PM

Kelly Clarkson won the first AI.

Samr
01-17-2006, 10:48 PM
Well damn. Shows how much I care.

Trainwreck2100
01-17-2006, 11:25 PM

Last season was the best. I love Bo Bice and his new album. Carrie is a great singer also and has a huge future ahead of her in country music.

Clay Aiken was the one that sued, and he sued to be released from his contract, because that contract gives Simon a shitload of money

Vashner
01-18-2006, 12:51 AM
William Hung friggin rocks...

As far as sueing on the contract... that's bullshit Clay was NOTHING before Simon's bus rolled into his town. You should not sign it if you don't want it. The deal was to get you started with your own record deal. Not to give you ALL the money for the show...
He's a little BEEEPot anyway..

Horry For 3!
01-18-2006, 01:06 AM
I watch the Auditions and thats bout it.

Vashner
01-18-2006, 03:22 AM
I wish they would find someone like Elvis.. you know.. a real Jackpot...

Got to be something fresh out there... I am tired of the same old same...

iminlakerland
01-18-2006, 04:44 AM
Kelly Clarkson left their label as well...

Kdfelicity
01-18-2006, 11:58 PM
Some of those people in Chicago were crazy! The last set of twins were great. The song they sang, Superstar, is one of my favorites. Nice.

ME TOO!!!! I couldn't believe that a 16 year old much more 2 would know that song...crazy... Even friends my age(22) don't know that song. Those two were my favorite of last night and then the cute dude that sang "Summer Wind" by Frank Sinatra, it impressed me that he knew that song.

Yea, I was really impressed with them.

I admit it, Idol is my guilty pleasure...

I like watching mostly to see what songs they choose. I almost stopped watching after Fantasia won, I was pissed. She's too nasal for me, the other black chick(I can't remember her name) was better than Fantasia by 3 times.

dawn
01-19-2006, 12:08 AM
http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/original-idol-runner-up-justin-guarini-dropped-by-rca-records-2049.php (http://)

I remember this and hearing him talk about a lawsuit after. That is what I mentioned earlier. He does have a new album out now though I believe. :blah

Zombie
01-19-2006, 12:11 AM
pop music, sucks! :rolleyes

SpursWoman
01-19-2006, 07:20 AM
I watched that for the very first time last night while I was waiting for the Spurs game to come on. OMG, I was laughing my ass off. Did ya'll see the tranny guy? :wow

My favorite was a toss up between the inventor guy and the "entrepreneur". :lmao

Ginofan
01-19-2006, 07:57 AM
I watched that for the very first time last night while I was waiting for the Spurs game to come on. OMG, I was laughing my ass off. Did ya'll see the tranny guy? :wow

My favorite was a toss up between the inventor guy and the "entrepreneur". :lmao

That tranny guy was soooo fucked up. He acted like he didn't dress like a girl or act like a girl on purpose. When they asked him if he was a girl or guy...he played it off and says "I'm a guy! I think it's soooo funny when people think i'm a girl blah blah blah". wtf!

That girl trying to do Gretchen Wilson totally sucked ass I was laughing sooo hard. And that kid that had only sang in front of turkeys....:lol oh god!

SpursWoman
01-19-2006, 09:12 AM
And that kid that had only sang in front of turkeys....:lol oh god!

I was so embarrassed for him ... :oops :lol ... he did have a good voice, though.

My *good* favorite(s) was the girl who sang Chain of Fools, and that shaved-headed guy that was in a band....Chris.....who married an older woman and "took on her two kids." That was kind of trippy. :wow :lol

The girl who did the Bjork song was really good ... I'm just trying to figure out if not having *the look* is going to hurt her. Does it usually turn out that way? :depressed

Ginofan
01-19-2006, 09:28 AM
I was so embarrassed for him ... :oops :lol ... he did have a good voice, though.

My *good* favorite(s) was the girl who sang Chain of Fools, and that shaved-headed guy that was in a band....Chris.....who married an older woman and "took on her two kids." That was kind of trippy. :wow :lol

The girl who did the Bjork song was really good ... I'm just trying to figure out if not having *the look* is going to hurt her. Does it usually turn out that way? :depressed

Yeah I liked that guy Chris too! And the bjork chick was fun. I'm not sure if it would hurt her at this point or not, possibly if she made it to the top 10, even then it's real crappy that it would hurt her chances just beause of the way she looks. I just read that those twins from the premiere episode are in jail lol
Check it out! (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060119/ap_en_tv/idol_twins;_ylt=AoyfyGw5ehPadXasVYVO.cSs0NUE;_ylu= X3oDMTA3YXYwNDRrBHNlYwM3NjI-)
MEMPHIS, Tenn. - They sang like angels for their audition on Tuesday's 'American Idol' premiere, but a pair of Memphis twins may sound more like jailbirds by the time the show goes live from Hollywood.

Terrell Brittenum, 28, has been in jail since Jan. 10 on an outstanding warrant for charges related to the illegal purchase of a car in Rockdale County, Ga., east of Atlanta.

He and his brother, Derrell, are accused of using another man's identity to buy a 2005 Dodge Magnum in June.

Derrell was expected to turn himself in on the same charges of forgery, theft by deception and financial identity fraud, The Commercial Appeal newspaper reported.

The brothers auditioned together in September for the hit TV show 'American Idol' and impressed the show's prickly judges to continue to the next round. Segments of the show have already been recorded and will air during the next few weeks.

Fox Broadcasting Co. refused to discuss the Brittenums

samikeyp
01-19-2006, 09:44 AM
I watched that for the very first time last night while I was waiting for the Spurs game to come on. OMG, I was laughing my ass off. Did ya'll see the tranny guy?

My favorite was a toss up between the inventor guy and the "entrepreneur".

"our motto is...your house, and well...uh clothes...uh....will smell like, like paradise when we're done!...yeah..that's it!" :lmao

yes...."Zachary" was funny too....but the whole Simon and Randy "are you a girl?" was priceless.

Is anyone else like me and only watches this show during the reject phase? Is that wrong? :)

Summers
01-19-2006, 10:00 AM

Welcome to the fold! :lol I have loved American Idol since Season 2. I'm addicted. I cried when Clay won... Ruben was robbed. Ruben's voice made me melt like butter!

Sonia_TX
01-19-2006, 04:47 PM
Welcome to the fold! :lol I have loved American Idol since Season 2. I'm addicted. I cried when Clay won... Ruben was robbed. Ruben's voice made me melt like butter!

Ruben won. I love Ruben. When he first sang Superstar (as I stated earlier I LOVE that song) I cried. I'm such a sap. His voice is amazing.

Last night was pretty good but not as good as Tuesday nights. I really liked Chris and felt bad for Turkey guy, Garet. I was hoping he would make it though. Poor kid! I kept getting text messages from friends "I almost cried" when that part came out. lol I have friends that are saps too. haha

My aunt wants to start a Turkey Guy Garet Fan club...i'm sure she was joking but it was hilarious at the time.

Did anybody else think ACE was hot? Wow! I normally don't like long hair...well ok, I didn't like it on him...but when he smiled...WOW! He's beautiful! That's it!

I can't wait for the San Fran auditions. Two of my friends auditioned (didn't make it past round 2) and one of them said that the cameras filmed them leaving. They are on the Idol website

http://www.idolonfox.com/photos/?cat=1&sub=1&pic=102

I hope that works. Jamie is on the left and Teresa is on the right.

Taco
01-19-2006, 04:50 PM
I got one Question

Where can i get a Cosmic Coaster? :lol

SpursWoman
01-19-2006, 05:12 PM
:lmao

Shelly
01-19-2006, 05:13 PM

How the hell do you sing a Bjork song? :lol

SpursWoman
01-19-2006, 05:15 PM
I don't know what the hell it was, but whatever it was...she was very entertaining. :lol

The judges seemed surprised when they asked her what she was going to sing and she said something by Bjork, too. :lol

Shelly
01-19-2006, 05:16 PM
I just find that funny because Bjork and her voice are so unique. Were they wearing the swan dress that she wore to the Oscars?

SpursWoman
01-19-2006, 05:20 PM
No .... she was wearing some red, flower-y kind of dress. With a matching hair band thingy that I probably would have skipped. :lol

Shelly
01-19-2006, 05:22 PM
No .... she was wearing some red, flower-y kind of dress. With a matching hair band thingy that I probably would have skipped. :lol

Well, that's kinda Bjorkish!

Summers
01-19-2006, 05:48 PM
How the hell do you sing a Bjork song? :lol

She sang Falling in Love, but I don't think that's the name... It's like a real song and everything. :lol I only say that because that's not what Bjork is known for... but it's that old (I'm not sure) Sinatra song or something like that. "You fall in love, bang boom, the sky up above (?), zee, zoo, so what's the use ... of falling in love?!" Cute song. But I was shocked they put her through because Simon's very anti-chubby-white-girl.

Summers
01-19-2006, 05:50 PM
Ruben won.

Did he? Well, now I feel like an idiot. :lol

SpursWoman
01-19-2006, 05:53 PM
But I was shocked they put her through because Simon's very anti-chubby-white-girl.

He was the only one who looked like he really struggled with the "yes" :fro

Sonia_TX
01-19-2006, 11:26 PM
Did he? Well, now I feel like an idiot. :lol

LOL...yea he did. I was happy because I can't stand Clay. But I guess overall Clay did win because he had the better record sales and such but Ruben has the official title.