PDA

View Full Version : DerMarr Johnson

ambchang
01-18-2006, 12:28 PM
The guy is definitely in George Karl's doghouse right now, but he can play when given the time. He is a very long, atheletic perimeter defender, very active. Not a particularly strong shooter, but practice makes perfect, and he could be a decent outside shooter given his past percentage.
He could be a good replacement for Bowen in a few years, and his stock is at a low right now, the Spurs can probably get him for some scrubs.
Another two guys I think are great for the Spurs are Mo Pete and Jeff Foster, but I don't think the Spurs have the assets to pull off these trades.

spurs_fan_in_exile
01-18-2006, 12:31 PM
There was a good amount of talk about this guy over the summer. A lot of people were of the opinion that he's not a good locker room guy.

vincerodriguez23
01-18-2006, 12:34 PM
The guy is definitely in George Karl's doghouse right now, but he can play when given the time. He is a very long, atheletic perimeter defender, very active. Not a particularly strong shooter, but practice makes perfect, and he could be a decent outside shooter given his past percentage.
He could be a good replacement for Bowen in a few years, and his stock is at a low right now, the Spurs can probably get him for some scrubs.
Another two guys I think are great for the Spurs are Mo Pete and Jeff Foster, but I don't think the Spurs have the assets to pull off these trades.

i doubt we'll get Mo Pete, maybe Foster or Johnson, but i dont think Toronto will let him go

Brutalis
01-18-2006, 12:48 PM
He's a crying ass bitch with a poor attitude.

Please, avoid SA.

DieMrBond
01-18-2006, 10:57 PM
Wasnt he one of the thugs that hammered Manu every chance he got in the playoffs? Why would we want that in the spurs locker room? Plus, the spurs are fairly deep at his position... so?

exstatic
01-18-2006, 11:17 PM
DerMarr disappointed me. Normally, when players have a career threatening injury, it matures them, and makes them appreciate what they have. He's still a punk, which means he likely always will be.

xcoriate
01-19-2006, 02:05 AM
How are we deep at the 3?

We have hmmmm zero players at 6'7 plus who can play on the perimeter.

I didn't notice DeMarr hitting manu either. Oh btw, remember when Bowen and Finley were pushing each other a few years back?

DieMrBond
01-19-2006, 04:34 AM
Isnt DeMarr a 2? i thought he was a 2 over in denver, with carmello the 3? & i thiught he was the first to hit manu b4 carmello did (when he got ejected?)

oh well, if im wrong - fair enough.

and ssh about finley ;)

xcoriate
01-19-2006, 05:15 AM
DeMarr is 6'9, and plays a reserve role behind Carmelo this year last year he started at 2 in place of Voshon lenard. His a 6'9 swingman.... he is a fabled long 3.

A poor mans Tayshaun perhaps.

DieMrBond
01-19-2006, 06:08 AM
Oh fair enough, i was mistaken by him playing 2 last year. I stand corrected.

CannotArrestManu
01-19-2006, 06:15 AM
We really don't want this guy. His problems have gotten even worse. DJ and Voshon are the only guys that don't make it off the bench in Denver. One reason why: They've already skipped two practices together this year. DJ had a chance in the starting lineup a few weeks ago, but in the fourth quarter during a game against GS Karl replaced him with Earl Watson and DJ had some unkind words for Karl. DJ hasn't gotten much burn since.

SpursIndonesia
01-19-2006, 06:44 AM
If it only takes a dime to get him (no pick, even 2nd rounder) then why not ? SJax isn't a well known good locker room character either as far as i'm concerned

xcoriate
01-19-2006, 06:56 AM
G-Rob had fallen so out of grace in Philly it wasn't funny, apparently we were the only team in the league in need of a multiple all-star with a career 20ppg average. Point is the Spurs have taken bigger risks in the past and they've paid off. Stephen Jackson and Glenn Robinson being two examples.