PDA

View Full Version : They HATE Devin Brown in Utah.....Jazzfanz.com

lebomb
01-18-2006, 01:00 PM
They crucify this guy after every single game.......I dont see him last long up there.

Devin had 15pts last night and was 5-6 from the field. He then gets a hate on Devin thread. :rolleyes

Banks91
01-18-2006, 01:18 PM
he's black, their white.

Unless your a superstar, or they hope for you to be a superstar, don't expect to be well liked over there.

Rynospursfan
01-18-2006, 01:22 PM
5-6 is a good game but there is no denying that he has had a sub-par season so far. I can understand their disappointment.

lebomb
01-18-2006, 01:24 PM
5-6 is a good game but there is no denying that he has had a sub-par season so far. I can understand their disappointment.

True, but look at the Jazz team.....the only consistant one is Mehmet, the others are just as up and down. Which is a good thing, because I hate the Jazz.

Anyhow......would you rather have Devin back in place of Finley???

Jamtas#2
01-18-2006, 01:25 PM
Their forum may not be the best judge. If it was, I'd expect to see other team's forum talking about how Spurs fans have hated Tony Parker over the past few years.

lebomb
01-18-2006, 01:25 PM
Their forum may not be the best judge. If it was, I'd expect to see other team's forum talking about how Spurs fans have hated Tony Parker over the past few years.

Go over there and look......its WAY worse. We have never had threads like that about a player. Its not even close :rolleyes

MannyIsGod
01-18-2006, 01:28 PM
They're pissed because Devin has shown the things that he showcased here. Laziness and unprofessionalism.

Devin Brown isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer.

sa_butta
01-18-2006, 01:29 PM
Im sure they did not expect him to be a superstar. Kinda like Brent Barry coming here not exactly what everyone expected of him.

velik_m
01-18-2006, 01:31 PM
Go over there and look......its WAY worse. We have never had threads like that about a player. Its not even close :rolleyes

go look at some of the rasho/nazr threads... comparing to the treatment Rasho gets here, Devin just got a lovable hug

lebomb
01-18-2006, 01:33 PM
go look at some of the rasho/nazr threads... comparing to the treatment Rasho gets here, Devin just got a lovable hug

NO WAY playa.........go check it out jazzfanz.com

....like I said its not even close. :rolleyes

ChumpDumper
01-18-2006, 01:34 PM
As much as I criticized Devin while he was here, I thought he'd be pushing Giricek for minutes by now. We'll see if the Jazz pick up his option next season.

doldrums
01-18-2006, 01:38 PM
Actually they sound like us. It's not so bad and they bring out how poor he has been playing this year.

http://www.jazzfanz.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=13484

lebomb
01-18-2006, 01:40 PM
http://jazzfanz.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=13485

This is more too..................

ducks
01-18-2006, 01:44 PM
brown sucks without a headband

lebomb
01-18-2006, 01:50 PM

LOL :lol

ChumpDumper
01-18-2006, 02:15 PM
Barry for Brown and Humphries!

:drunk :drunk :drunk

Mixability
01-18-2006, 02:16 PM
and "we" wanted him back why? :wtf

vincerodriguez23
01-18-2006, 02:18 PM
LOL :lol

i say we go there and register in their forum in full force and star bashing the jazz, i hate the jazz

FromWayDowntown
01-18-2006, 02:23 PM
They're really unhappy with both Devin and Boozer right now. And Giricek. And Palacio. And Deron Williams.

Sounds like JazzFan isn't happy about much, despite a mild resurgence in the standings.

Melmart1
01-18-2006, 02:30 PM
I don't think the Devin animosity is any worse than the Rasho and Pop animosity that we see daily here, and I read more than one thread.

cecil collins
01-18-2006, 02:35 PM
Dirty mormons.

Brutalis
01-18-2006, 02:59 PM
Devin is a good bench player. That's all. They are using him and expecting him to do great things and it's just not going to happen.

Then again, all the Jazz failed playoff attempts, you can't blame Utah for damning their guys.

T Park
01-18-2006, 03:16 PM
They're pissed because Devin has shown the things that he showcased here. Laziness and unprofessionalism.

Devin Brown isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Damn.

The truth.

ANd it doesn't hurt.

mikejones99
01-18-2006, 04:36 PM
mormons and jews don't know much about basketball but maybe Devon will get 8 wives if they make playoffs

GO SPurs Go
01-18-2006, 04:51 PM
Damn.

The truth.

ANd it doesn't hurt.
What the fuck are you talking about? Not that I'm obsessed with him or anything but he is a hard worker! I hate the Jazz because if they would have given him like 300,000 less, the Spurs could have matched it and gotten him back. But whatever, he should have resigned with us (fucking money gobling basketball players) anyways. Oh well, maybe if he gets another opportunity, (which he won't) he'll take two pennies less and play for a championship team than a team that is 1 game above 500

wildbill2u
01-18-2006, 05:05 PM

yeah, that was a special high-speed, high energy headband he wore. No wonder his game has suffered. :elephant

ALVAREZ6
01-18-2006, 05:06 PM
Jazz fans are just venting because they are tired of living in Utah....

TDMVPDPOY
01-18-2006, 05:17 PM
i dont want him back

NZHayden
01-18-2006, 05:34 PM
wow they really do hate him

Old School Chic
01-18-2006, 05:38 PM
They HATE Devin Brown in Utah.....Jazzfanz.com

Devin,

We love you In SA! :spin

implacable44
01-18-2006, 05:44 PM
mormons and jews don't know much about basketball but maybe Devon will get 8 wives if they make playoffs

You are stupid enough to think that is funny. If I wrote in here something about blacks not knowing this or that would you be okay with that mike jones? Don't talk about subjects when you have no knowledge of that subject -- keep quiet in your ignorance dude. Don't poison the rest of the world with it Hitler.

and how is okur the only reliable player ? Kirilenko ? hello ... and the jazz have black players every year man - and they had the 3rd best winning percentage of any team in the league during stockton and malone's career - I hate the Jazz but how can you folks spew so much stupidity and ignorance ?

SequSpur
01-18-2006, 06:59 PM
Devin Brown > Bruce Bowen, Brent Barry, Beno Ulbie, and Mike Finley.

MannyIsGod
01-18-2006, 07:17 PM
What the fuck are you talking about? Not that I'm obsessed with him or anything but he is a hard worker! I hate the Jazz because if they would have given him like 300,000 less, the Spurs could have matched it and gotten him back. But whatever, he should have resigned with us (fucking money gobling basketball players) anyways. Oh well, maybe if he gets another opportunity, (which he won't) he'll take two pennies less and play for a championship team than a team that is 1 game above 500Devin Brown and the words hard worker do not belong in the same sentence.

mikejones99
01-18-2006, 07:34 PM
SequSpur is on crack if you think Devon is better than Bowen.

Tek_XX
01-18-2006, 08:08 PM
Devin Brown > Bruce Bowen, Brent Barry, Beno Ulbie, and Mike Finley.

Why would anyone take you seriously after this. :rolleyes

T Park
01-18-2006, 08:09 PM
Why would you take him seriously BEFORE that?

Tom_Foolery
01-18-2006, 08:54 PM
Devin Brown was never lazy.

I thought he was one of the consistent bench players the Spurs could depend on.

The reason why he left was because of his back problems and the fact that alot of teams knew how good he was, which was why he was able to get the contract he got. He was never going to get that kind of contract in San Antonio.

T Park
01-18-2006, 09:01 PM
Devin Brown was never lazy

you obviously didnt pay very much attention in 03 04.

MannyIsGod
01-18-2006, 11:22 PM
Devin Brown was never lazy? Riiiiiiiiight!

Tom_Foolery
01-18-2006, 11:59 PM
you obviously didnt pay very much attention in 03 04.

That's nice.

But on a serious note, Brown was never lazy. Some nights he performed better than others, but he was always putting 100% whenever he was on the floor and was always a positive in the locker room.

I've always loved his play.

If anyone has that crazy one handed alley oop he made on the fast break they should definitely put that up.

I kinda miss Brown.

I'd rather have Brown than Bones.

King
01-19-2006, 01:15 AM
But on a serious note, Brown was never lazy.

Er...yeah...yeah he was.

lebomb
01-19-2006, 08:19 AM
Er...yeah...yeah he was.

Give us ONE example of how.............. :rolleyes

*waiting with popcorn*

MannyIsGod
01-19-2006, 10:39 AM

*waiting with popcorn*Constant lack of effort off the court. Constantly late to practice. etc etc.

easjer
01-19-2006, 11:14 AM
The thing that was most telling to me was a comment Pop made a little after the trade about still trying to find a Bowen replacement - that Brown wasn't it. Given that? I don't miss him, and don't particularly care to have him back.

SenorSpur
01-19-2006, 12:17 PM
That's nice.

But on a serious note, Brown was never lazy. Some nights he performed better than others, but he was always putting 100% whenever he was on the floor and was always a positive in the locker room.

I've always loved his play.

If anyone has that crazy one handed alley oop he made on the fast break they should definitely put that up.

I kinda miss Brown.

I'd rather have Brown than Bones.

Bones is a better shooter, better passer and has a better handle. There's no comparisons. Just as there should be no questions as to why the Spurs let Brown go in favor of signing Finley. We're talking experienced NBA veterans with better skills.

King
01-19-2006, 01:37 PM

*waiting with popcorn*

Here's an example: his tenure with the Spurs.

Melmart1
01-19-2006, 04:13 PM
He called in sick the day after the Spurs guaranteed his contract. Now, there could be a lot of reasons for that, but at the time it was thought to be that he either was lazy and figured he could take a day off, or was hungover.

Either way, very unprofessional.

lebomb
01-19-2006, 04:16 PM
He called in sick the day after the Spurs guaranteed his contract..................... or was hungover.

Either way, very unprofessional.

No pro athlete has ever done that.........
:rolleyes

GO SPurs Go
01-19-2006, 05:52 PM
Devin Brown was never lazy? Riiiiiiiiight!
I totally agree, Brown is the laziest player to ever lay the game of basketball. He sucks so much that the should make a new minimum wage just for him. If he went to the Toronto Raptors he would be their worst player. And yet, he was good enough to play on a championship team for more than two years. Go figure........ Maybe he doesn't suck so much

lebomb
01-19-2006, 08:42 PM
Here's an example: his tenure with the Spurs.

Wow what a great argument. :rolleyes

There are tons of players that move from one team to another. I guess they all suck too.

:lol

King
01-19-2006, 11:08 PM

There are tons of players that move from one team to another. I guess they all suck too.

:lol

That wasn't even what I was talking about. I was saying he was lazy during his entire tenure with the Spurs. It was pretty much the biggest gripe about him.

50 cent
01-20-2006, 12:51 AM
Where the hell is Marcus Bryant?

This was the golden boy that we let go because we didn't want to pay $3M+ this year (after lux tax) so he could be #12 or #13 off the bench.

:lmao

MannyIsGod
01-20-2006, 01:32 AM

:lolYou completely ignored what I said. It is well known that Brown was not a hard worker in the least.

Read what Jerry Sloan has had to do and say to Brown in Utah. People don't change.

SequSpur
01-20-2006, 01:40 AM
You completely ignored what I said. It is well known that Brown was not a hard worker in the least.

Read what Jerry Sloan has had to do and say to Brown in Utah. People don't change.

You're way out of line.....
Devin Brown made it to the NBA by working his ass off. He fucking played 365 days a year, in bush leagues, NBDL, CBA, USBL, whatever... Dude was MVP of the USBL.

He was undrafted. He busted his ass in San Antonio, then Utah, they offered him a deal but he busted his ass here and fucking made it.

You have no clue as to what he has accomplished. Just because he isn't getting minutes in Utah and he is not putting up Lebron statistics doesn't mean shit.

Bruce Bowen plays 30 minutes a game, averages 4 points.. 2 rebounds and is supposed to be the Defensive player of the year but yet only averages a 1/2 a steal when Parker and Manu can get 2 a game.

Devin Brown is an example of hard work and dedication to the game.

Fuck those Mormons in Utah.

xcoriate
01-20-2006, 02:06 AM
Everybody plays a role eh Sequ?

You did make a good point in that yes he worked hard to get to the NBA, but the Spurs cut him for his lack of work ethic didn't they? Someone confirm it but I think I speak the truth.

SequSpur
01-20-2006, 02:11 AM
Devin Brown had contract in hand with the stipulation that if the Spurs signed Finley, he would have to look elsewhere.

Pop said in an interview on oai and the Pop show that if Finley chose SA, Devin would not be resigned.

So where are you getting your info?

Obstructed_View
01-20-2006, 02:50 PM
Devin Brown had contract in hand with the stipulation that if the Spurs signed Finley, he would have to look elsewhere.

Pop said in an interview on oai and the Pop show that if Finley chose SA, Devin would not be resigned.

So where are you getting your info?
I could swear that the Marks signing a week before was the reason Devin went to the Jazz.

KEDA
01-20-2006, 03:44 PM
Devin was, and still is a lazy player.

milkyway21
02-01-2006, 12:47 AM
here's the latest on Devin.

he said Pops is an Angel....:lol

Former Spur Brown: It's the language, not the volume
Johnny Ludden
Express-News Staff Writer

SALT LAKE CITY — Three months into his first season with the Utah Jazz, former Spurs guard Devin Brown has gained enough perspective to answer one of the NBA's most vexing questions.

Jerry Sloan or Gregg Popovich: Who yells the loudest?

"It's not the yelling, it's the language," Brown said, laughing. "Pop is an angel compared to what goes on around here."

Brown has been the target of at least one of Sloan's four-lettered blasts. Utah's longtime coach ripped him at a shoot-around two weeks ago for not playing hard.

Brown, who barked back at Sloan, responded by scoring 15 points on six shots in the Jazz' victory over Toronto that night. Heading into Monday's reunion with the Spurs, he was averaging 14.5 points in the six games since Sloan confronted him.

"We talked and worked everything out," said Brown, who already had raised Sloan's ire earlier in the season by publicly questioning his role.

"It was just one of those talks where he asked, 'Do you want to be here?' I said, 'Yeah.' And he was like, 'I need you to play a little harder. As long as you play hard, you'll get your minutes.'"

Brown spent parts of the previous three seasons with the Spurs and had hoped to re-sign with his hometown team last summer. But after Michael Finley agreed to join the Spurs, Brown signed a two-year, $5.1 million offer sheet — only the first season is fully guaranteed — with the Jazz.

The Spurs, who had concerns about the back injury Brown suffered at the end of last season, as well as his work ethic, declined to match.

"It's disappointing not to be able to defend (the championship)," said Brown, who will receive his championship ring when Utah visits San Antonio on April 17. "But I made it obvious if I left what the reasons were: playing time and things like that."

Brown has a similar reserve role to the one he held with the Spurs before his injury. He was averaging 8.1 points on 40.4 percent shooting before Monday and said his back hasn't bothered him.

Playing for Popovich also should have prepared Brown for Sloan.

"There's definitely a lot of similarities," Brown said. "They both want to win and they want that in all of their players.

"They don't understand when we come to practice sometimes and say we're tired. That just burns them up."

After spending most of his life in San Antonio — he starred at West Campus High School and UTSA — Brown has had to adjust to the cold weather. Instead of heading to the golf course after practice, he usually goes home to play video games.

"To be honest there are times when you wake up, walk outside and it's snowing, and ... you really think about your decision (to sign with Utah)," Brown said. "But it was for the best, and you have to make the most of it."

-----------------------
why I have the feeling that Devin isn't happy in Utah?

T Park
02-01-2006, 12:53 AM
Bruce Bowen plays 30 minutes a game, averages 4 points

averages 8 points and about 3 or 4 boards a game.

Get your stats right shorty before you pop off at the cake hole.

Forget about that ole shut down defense have you dwarfy?

T Park
02-01-2006, 12:57 AM
To be honest there are times when you wake up, walk outside and it's snowing, and ... you really think about your decision (to sign with Utah)," Brown said. "But it was for the best, and you have to make the most of it."

In other words,

I pray to god my option is shot down so I can go back to SA.

I've learned my lesson.

Bring him back, trade Barry for the first offer made.