PDA

View Full Version : Dumb ass vandalizes Dumb ass ref's house.

Mixability
01-18-2006, 06:16 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5257526

Ref in controversy has house vandalized

NFL referee Pete Morelli is having a rough week.

On Sunday, Morelli made one of the more controversial calls in NFL history, overturning what appeared to be an interception by the Steelers' Troy Polamalu. On Monday, his Stockton, Calif. home was vandalized, according to police reports.

Lieutenant Thomas Wells of the Stockton Police Department told FOXSports.com's Jay Glazer that a police report was filed after a rock was thrown through Morelli's living room window late Monday night after Morelli and his wife had gone to bed. Lt. Wells emphasized that police had no suspect and no motive in the case and could not say with any degree of certainty whether the act of vandalism was related to Sunday's call.

"We are aware of the situation and we're cooperating with police in any way we can," said NFL spokesman Greg Aiello.

On Monday, the NFL admitted that Morelli had erred when he used instant replay to overturn the interception. Mike Pereira, the league's VP of officiating, said in a statement that the call on the field should have stood.

"He maintained possession long enough to establish a catch," Pereira said. "Therefore, the replay review should have upheld the call on the field that it was a catch and fumble."

Fortunately for Morelli — and the Steelers — while the botched call allowed the Colts to eventually pull within a field goal, it ultimately did not play any role in the outcome of the game, which Pittsburgh won, 21-18.

samikeyp
01-18-2006, 11:19 PM
Nice to know someone has no life. Hopefully they find the dick and beat the hell outta him.

Jimcs50
01-19-2006, 09:29 AM
the ref deserved it

Hook Dem
01-19-2006, 11:11 AM
the ref deserved it
AGREED!

T-Pain
01-19-2006, 01:31 PM
AGREED!

me too

greywheel
01-19-2006, 02:22 PM
the ref deserved it

But does the ref's family?

btw. I disagree that the ref deserved it.

Jimcs50
01-19-2006, 03:42 PM

he deserves to be fired.

Mixability
01-19-2006, 03:46 PM
he deserves to be fired.

that he deserves.... to live in fear at his own house for a mistake (a big one, i know) isn't deserved.

dknights411
01-19-2006, 04:26 PM
Dude, we all make mistakes. Give the guy a break. He isn't the first ref/ump to completly blow a call, and he won't be that last.

ALVAREZ6
01-19-2006, 04:49 PM

:tu

The ref deserved it, but don't go to his house and his family...his car would have been better.

Jimcs50
01-19-2006, 04:53 PM
Dude, we all make mistakes. Give the guy a break. He isn't the first ref/ump to completly blow a call, and he won't be that last.

No, it was worse than a mistake, he was intensionally trying to give Indy the win. Had Indy made that FG and won in OT, this guy would have been a victim of a much more evil crime than a broken window, I am sure of it. There is no other explaination for this error, other than pure out and out cheating. The call was correct on the field, and this asshole reversed it when no person in the world other than he, would have done so.

FromWayDowntown
01-19-2006, 06:27 PM
It's a freakin' game.

dknights411
01-19-2006, 06:30 PM
It's a freakin' game.

Thank you!!!

Jimcs50
01-19-2006, 06:36 PM
It's a freakin' game.

No it's not.

Hook Dem
01-19-2006, 07:15 PM
I agree with Jim! He should have thought about his family before attempting to throw the game, and that part was obvious!

mikejones99
01-19-2006, 08:05 PM
that was one of the worst 10 calls in sports history and games that big can change lives. If Indy would have won then they would have to call off the Super Bowl. Ref should do 6 months in jail. If Big Ben does not make the tackle this game would be reviewed forever like that fucking cheater Drew Pearson allowed to push off. Hail this.

hussker
01-19-2006, 10:01 PM
No it's not.

Yes...it is...

No one died, no childern went unfed, the world as we know it did not change. Most of the WORLD still does not even know what you are talking about, how to say or spell football, nor do they really care. It is obvious that the game is not that crucial to survival. If it was, the Chinese would have figured out a way to play it and kick our asses a long time ago.

THEREFORE, it is a FUCKING game...

(The Seahawks will win the SB Extra Large, by the way)

T-Pain
01-19-2006, 10:43 PM
that he deserves.... to live in fear at his own house for a mistake (a big one, i know) isn't deserved.

yeah i change my stance, i think he needs to be suspended or fired. that wasnt just a blown call, the dumbass watched it over and over again on instant replay and reversed it, giving us some bullshit explanation. i was pretty pissed off when he reversed it cuz i wanted the colts to lose.

hussker
01-19-2006, 11:54 PM
It's a freakin' game.

I will post again...it is a GAME...and idiots like you let it rule your lives while the millionaires PLAYING the games take your $$ and sell you things.

P.S. Seahawks by 11 is my prediction!

T-Pain
01-20-2006, 12:21 AM
I will post again...it is a GAME...and idiots like you let it rule your lives while the millionaires PLAYING the games take your $$ and sell you things.

P.S. Seahawks by 11 is my prediction!

you wouldnt be saying the same thing if it were the huskers being victimized

hussker
01-20-2006, 12:45 AM
you wouldnt be saying the same thing if it were the huskers being victimized

Been there, done that...

We should have been the FIRST three-peats, but oh well. Life goes on...It id JUST A DAMN GAME! Ask Eric Crouch!

Chris
01-20-2006, 11:31 AM
:sleep

Guru of Nothing
01-20-2006, 01:57 PM
The police have looked at the rock and the broken glass and, upon careful review, have determined that no vandalism occurred[/plagiarized thought]

King
01-20-2006, 02:30 PM
Conspiracy theorists are out in full force.

Of course, Jim is a Redskins fan - and they'd be 17-0 if the refs hadn't screwed them in every game this season.

Tek_XX
01-22-2006, 04:52 PM
uhuh yeah its just a game. Umm where does Jack Nies live?

T-Pain
01-22-2006, 10:11 PM
The police have looked at the rock and the broken glass and, upon careful review, have determined that no vandalism occurred[/plagiarized thought]

lol