PDA

View Full Version : Flip clinches All-Star coaching position

FreshPrince22
01-19-2006, 01:02 AM
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/38728/20060119/flip_clinches_spot_as_eastern_head_coach_for_all_s tar_game/

Press Release - Detroit Pistons head coach Flip Saunders will coach the Eastern Conference All-Stars for the 2006 NBA All-Star Game, to be played on Sunday, Feb. 19 at the Toyota Center in Houston, TX.

Saunders and the Pistons’ (31-5, .861) coaching staff earned the honor to coach the Eastern Conference All-Stars as a result of Detroit’s 117-89 defeat this evening of the Atlanta Hawks and Cleveland’s (20-16, .556) 90-89 loss to the Denver Nuggets , clinching the best possible winning percentage in the Eastern Conference through games of Feb. 5, 2006.

Head coaches for the East and West All-Star teams are based on teams with the best winning percentage in each conference following the Sunday games (Feb. 5) played two weeks prior to the All-Star Game.

:fro

T-Pain
01-20-2006, 12:58 AM
if the spurs lead the west, will pop get to coach again? or will it be avery?

jochhejaam
01-20-2006, 07:36 AM
It would be nice if he could have 3-4 of his players there with him.

http://www.whatonearthcatalog.com/graphics/products/large/AS9484.jpg

Pistons starting 5 ^^^

Marklar MM
01-20-2006, 08:17 AM

You cannot coach the All-Star game in consecutive years with the same team. I am guessing d' Antoni or however he spells it coached last year, so if Popovich didn't coach it, he is free to coach. But if he coached last year, he cannot coach unless he switches teams.

DarkReign
01-20-2006, 08:54 AM
You cannot coach the All-Star game in consecutive years with the same team. I am guessing d' Antoni or however he spells it coached last year, so if Popovich didn't coach it, he is free to coach. But if he coached last year, he cannot coach unless he switches teams.

I never knew you couldnt coach the AS Game 2 years in a row.

Seems to me to be a silly rule.

samikeyp
01-20-2006, 09:12 AM
pretty much...D'Antoni or Avery would suck for us.....Tim and Tony will play 40 min. :lol

himat
01-20-2006, 10:11 AM

of course popovich will coach if the spurs have the best record by the all star break. they might not though because according to an article the spurs are going to stop trying.

T-Pain
01-20-2006, 11:26 AM
of course popovich will coach if the spurs have the best record by the all star break. they might not though because according to an article the spurs are going to stop trying.

well pop did coach it last year, so i guess hes gonna take the week off

Mixability
01-20-2006, 11:45 AM

i hope you didn't actually believe that article was true. if so......... :depressed :lol