TDMVPDPOY
01-19-2006, 03:40 AM
If pop doesnt show up, then PJ can have his job :D

xcoriate
01-19-2006, 07:05 AM
eh?

Pistons < Spurs
01-19-2006, 08:37 AM
>>>THIS BAD TEAM(SPURS)WILL SUCK YOU TO THE FINALS.

:spin

Rick Von Braun
01-19-2006, 08:40 AM
For some people that may be misinformed:

Bucks > .500

They are not a contender but they are not the Hawks.

lilmads
01-19-2006, 09:45 AM
Nice article:)

boutons_
01-19-2006, 09:50 AM
For some homers:

Bucks < .500 on the road

Spurs = .900 @att

missmyzte
01-19-2006, 09:53 AM
Ooooh, so Dallas is a game behind us. What’s the worst that can happen, they take over first place? Ok fine, so we’ll be the second seed then we’ll steamroll everyone until we get to the finals.
The person who wrote this article missed one point, if the Spurs let Dallas overtake them, they become the 4th seed, not the 2nd seed. Aside from that, funny satire.

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-19-2006, 10:29 AM
Damnit, better trade Tim and Manu from my Fantasy squads before this get around. :lol

abelle23
01-19-2006, 10:38 AM
:lol good read :lol

ambchang
01-19-2006, 01:21 PM
this sucks, remember the days when the lakers were so hated because of their cockiness? this is the exact same crap that was spewed back then.
the Spurs are not not trying, they are just not in sync, there are a lot of holes in their game, especially on defense. look at how many layups and dunks the bucks had last night, that is just not acceptable.
i know it's still a reg game vs. a decent team in the middle of january, but there are no switches to turn on and off, momentum and confidence takes time.
anyways, the Spurs need not play like it's game 7 of the finals everygame, but if they are still playing like this at the end of March, I would be one worried fan.

dknights411
01-19-2006, 01:30 PM
“What’s the point anyway? We can’t suck even if we try."

:lmao

nkdlunch
01-19-2006, 01:56 PM
this sucks, remember the days when the lakers were so hated because of their cockiness? this is the exact same crap that was spewed back then.
the Spurs are not not trying, they are just not in sync, there are a lot of holes in their game, especially on defense. look at how many layups and dunks the bucks had last night, that is just not acceptable.
i know it's still a reg game vs. a decent team in the middle of january, but there are no switches to turn on and off, momentum and confidence takes time.
anyways, the Spurs need not play like it's game 7 of the finals everygame, but if they are still playing like this at the end of March, I would be one worried fan.

hello??? it's an article written by a random dude w/no links to the spurs for comedic purposes.

It's funny as shit though

mavsfan1000
01-19-2006, 01:56 PM
Or maybe is due to an aging bench that makes it look like they're not trying. I guess when it comes to minutes the starters will play alot more when the playoffs start due to a low energy bench.

ChumpDumper
01-19-2006, 02:12 PM
A negative post from a Mav fan?

Who'd a thunk it?

doldrums
01-19-2006, 02:39 PM

This is satire, SATIRE.
sat·ire (săt'īr')
n.

A literary work in which human vice or folly is attacked through irony, derision, or wit.
The branch of literature constituting such works. See synonyms at caricature.
Irony, sarcasm, or caustic wit used to attack or expose folly, vice, or stupidity

Oh, Gee!!
01-19-2006, 02:41 PM
:fro ...WHAT A NICE WORDS THAT I READ....I FEEL SO DAMN GOOD UPON READING THIS....SPURS WILL SHOCK THEM THIS FINALS......I UNDERSTAND POP WISDOM...THEN JUST DO WHAT THE BEST THING POP...I SEE THE SPURS ARE SLOWLY PLAYING THIS SEASON BUT THEY ARE RESTING UNTILL THE FINALS BEGUN... :elephant .THEY'RE JUST PLAYING THE RULES AND MOVE GAME TO BE PERPECT..THEY ARE NOT RUSHING TO WIN....LOOK THE DALLAS THEY ARE RUSHING...EVEN THIER FACE LOOK GOT TIRED..TRY TO SEE NOWITSKI HE'S RUNNING OUT OF GAS SOON IF THE FINALS BEGIN...HEHEHE....EVEN THE PISTON.THEY TRYING TO BE A MULITPLE ALL STAR<<<<OHHHH MY<<<<BUT HERE IS THE SPURS..I FELT THEY JUST PLAY THE MIDDLE OF THE GAME...LEARNING WHAT POPS WANT BEST FOR THEM....OHHHH MARK MY WORDS>>>THIS BAD TEAM(SPURS)WILL SUCK YOU TO THE FINALS..IM SORRY BUT THAT WHAT I FOUND....... :princess

^^doesn't get it^^ Must be a cultural thing

Parkersgirl9
01-19-2006, 03:16 PM
:lol thats funny.

ShoogarBear
01-19-2006, 03:55 PM
This was pretty damn funny.

It would have been much funnier about the Shaq Lakers, because there would have been more truth to it.

But it's still comical trying to picture guys like Bruce or Pop saying these things.

polandprzem
01-19-2006, 04:01 PM
This was pretty damn funny.

It would have been much funnier about the Shaq Lakers, because there would have been more truth to it.

But it's still comical trying to picture guys like Bruce or Pop saying these things.
So you are saying it was made up?

Ripper
01-19-2006, 04:22 PM
http://www.thebrushback.com/Archives/glenrobinson_full.htm

:lol

ShoogarBear
01-19-2006, 04:31 PM
So you are saying it was made up?

polandprzem
01-19-2006, 04:38 PM
http://www.thebrushback.com/Archives/glenrobinson_full.htm

I fell off my chair and I can't stand up :lmao

ShoogarBear
01-19-2006, 04:50 PM
That is a great site.

ambchang
01-19-2006, 05:24 PM
This is satire, SATIRE.
sat·ire (s?t'?r')
n.

A literary work in which human vice or folly is attacked through irony, derision, or wit.
The branch of literature constituting such works. See synonyms at caricature.
Irony, sarcasm, or caustic wit used to attack or expose folly, vice, or stupidity
I understand that, but it is still cocky.

Mixability
01-19-2006, 05:26 PM

Its FAKE! Cmon, buy a sense of humor. :shootme

Summers
01-19-2006, 05:41 PM

The Spurs didn't write it! How is it cocky?

I figured ‘why not?’ No matter how mediocre we are in the regular season we always kick the shit out of people in the playoffs.

:lmao I can actually picture Pop saying that.

polandprzem
01-19-2006, 05:48 PM
The best of all is when you imagine those people (who you know from the interviews) speaking that words it's just killing you.

Somebody got a talent

Manu20
01-19-2006, 05:53 PM
http://www.thebrushback.com/Archives/nbafouls_full.htm

:lmao :lmao

sa_butta
01-19-2006, 05:57 PM
Damn that site is hilarious

ambchang
01-19-2006, 06:16 PM
The Spurs didn't write it! How is it cocky?

same thing about all those lakers articles back then, the lakers didn't right it, the sportswriters did, it still pisses people off.
and yes, it is funny.

zeleni
01-19-2006, 06:16 PM
Spurs courtside seats (http://www.thebrushback.com/glenrobinson_full.htm )

:lol Talk about cruel reality...

NBA Finals 2003 (http://www.thebrushback.com/Archives/gbaydetainees_full.htm )

SpursWoman
01-19-2006, 06:44 PM
>>>THIS BAD TEAM(SPURS)WILL SUCK YOU TO THE FINALS.

Damn, I got all excited there for a minute. :baby :smokin

ROFLMFAO @ that article :lmao :lmao

himat
01-19-2006, 07:33 PM

yeah if i was a spurs fan i'd be pissed off right now. for some reason everyone is happy when there team isn't even trying? maybe it's because i'm used to the piston players having to work there ass off every night to get the job done. you know it's only bad for your team it's going to catch up on you guys. keep thinking you're team will somehow be great after no trying i just have to wait about 4 months until you guys understand.

SpursWoman
01-19-2006, 07:42 PM
Since apparently some of you don't understand what satire is...I'll explain it to you like you're a 3 year old:

IT'S A JOKE

IT'S A JOKE

IT'S NOT A REAL REPRESENTATION OF WHAT IS GOING ON IN THE SPURS ORGANIZATION AT ALL

I REPEAT: IT'S A JOKE

IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE FUNNY

IT IS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY

THE SPURS ARE NOT BLOWING OFF THE REGULAR SEASON

IT'S A JOKE.

Gotdamn. :shootme :shootme :shootme

ShoogarBear
01-19-2006, 07:46 PM
You're right. The Spurs are treating the regular season like it's a joke. Pisses me off.

milkyway21
01-19-2006, 08:03 PM
weird. this is just like the old Lakers that I used to hate bec I thought they were just too arrogant to admit there were teams such as the 2003 Spurs, who swept them in the regular season of 2002-03, who were better than them.

and it's not just like Pops & Duncan's character at all:rolleyes.

but it's okay. like last yr we all know that gaining the best record and home court adv(Suns) throughout the playoffs doesn't guaranty one team of winning it all.

SpursWoman
01-19-2006, 08:20 PM
:cry

T Park
01-19-2006, 08:36 PM
are the people that are seriously responding to this.

REALLY THAT FUCKIN STUPID?!?!

ShoogarBear
01-19-2006, 09:29 PM

Trainwreck2100
01-20-2006, 02:41 AM
yeah if i was a spurs fan i'd be pissed off right now. for some reason everyone is happy when there team isn't even trying? maybe it's because i'm used to the piston players having to work there ass off every night to get the job done. you know it's only bad for your team it's going to catch up on you guys. keep thinking you're team will somehow be great after no trying i just have to wait about 4 months until you guys understand.

TDMVPDPOY
01-20-2006, 02:47 AM
if the spurs goin to keep on coastin and tds stats decline, then looks like he wont be mvp this season and ppl will challenge him for the allnba teams n defensive teams :(

Trainwreck2100
01-20-2006, 03:01 AM
if the spurs goin to keep on coastin and tds stats decline, then looks like he wont be mvp this season and ppl will challenge him for the allnba teams n defensive teams :(

SpursWoman
01-20-2006, 07:16 AM
:bang :bang :bang :lol

polandprzem
01-20-2006, 08:18 AM
You're right. The Spurs are treating the regular season like it's a joke. Pisses me off.

teah , me too

Extra Stout
01-20-2006, 11:06 AM
The Spurs are the worst 30-9 team in history!

polandprzem
01-20-2006, 11:12 AM

You are absolutely right. I was telling that since they were 1-0 :smokin

TDMVPDPOY
01-20-2006, 12:06 PM
we are still on target for 73-9 record

Trainwreck2100
01-20-2006, 12:06 PM

Didn't you read, they couldn't suck if they tried.

Summers
01-20-2006, 03:57 PM
:bang :bang :bang :lol

You did your best. You can lead a horse to water and all that. :lol

ShoogarBear
01-20-2006, 05:00 PM
You can lead a championship basketball team to the court but you can't make them win if they have decided to stop trying . . .