PDA

View Full Version : Funny Article :Pistons Wants Multiple All-Star Appearance,Sheed wants Out

milkyway21
01-19-2006, 03:11 AM
:huh :lol

AUBURN HILLS, Mich. (AP) -- The Detroit Pistons have had only one All-Star the past three seasons despite being one of the NBA's best teams.

That may soon change.

With the top record in the league, the Pistons might have multiple All-Stars next month for the first time in six years.

Boston Celtics coach Doc Rivers said Detroit's entire starting five should be on the Eastern Conference team Feb. 19 in Houston.

"They have stars," Rivers said Monday before losing to the Pistons 94-84. "Who is the one guy? Is it Ben Wallace? Is it Chauncey [Billups]? Is it Rip [Hamilton]? You can make a case that Tayshaun [Prince] is the MVP of their team."

"I think all of them should be on the All-Star team," he added. "That's how I'm voting. I'm not joking. I'm voting for all five of those guys."

Fans vote for the All-Star starters, and the Pistons are not expected to crack the starting lineup with one player when the polls close Sunday. Head coaches will select the reserves. They're prohibited from voting for their players, and their choices will be announced Feb. 9.

If Detroit (30-5) maintains the best record in conference, Flip Saunders will coach the East.

Ben Wallace hopes to be an All-Star for a fourth straight year, and would like some company.

"We have guys that deserve to go as much or more than me, so at least two of us should be All-Stars," he said. "All-Stars are elite players, and obviously, we're an elite team."

Detroit hasn't had two All-Stars since 2000, when Grant Hill and Jerry Stackhouse were selected. It hasn't had three since 1992 -- Isiah Thomas, Joe Dumars and Dennis Rodman.

The Pistons, who have advanced to the conference finals three straight years, won the 2004 NBA title and fell just short of repeating last year.

Unlike most top teams, they have extraordinary balance. That helps them win but cuts down on individual recognition. Billups and Hamilton are among the best players in the league without an All-Star appearance. This could be their year.

Billups is averaging career highs with 19 points and 8.6 assists. Hamilton is averaging a career-high 21.5 points and is having his best shooting year, 50 percent overall and 45.8 on 3-point shots.

"Nobody cares who gets the glory," Billups said. "We just care about winning and playing for each other, not anyone else."

Billups will be disappointed if only one Piston is an All-Star.

"I don't put any energy into it, but people do need to appreciate what we've got here," he said. "But that's not what we're focused on. We want to keep that five number [of losses] at five as long as we can."

Rasheed Wallace hopes coaches don't cast All-Star votes for him.

"Vote for them four, don't vote for me," he said. "I don't want no All-Star votes for two reasons. One, that's not my goal -- I would rather win a championship. Plus, I want to be down on the beach having a couple cocktails with my wife at All-Star break."

.......:lmao I didn't know what a funny guy you are Rasheed :tu

TDMGTP
01-19-2006, 03:33 AM
sheed is a cool dude, especially after portland. funny no one wanted him, we should of tried trading for him.

xcoriate
01-19-2006, 03:44 AM
Anyone that ever tries to to argue Tayshaun is the MVP of the current Pistons lineup is an idiot. I dont care about anything else they've ever done. Idiot.

Rick Von Braun
01-19-2006, 09:22 AM
Anyone that ever tries to to argue Tayshaun is the MVP of the current Pistons lineup is an idiot. I dont care about anything else they've ever done. Idiot. The Pistons have the best point differential rate (http://www.82games.com/0506/0506DET.HTM) when Prince is on the court and the worst (http://www.82games.com/0506/0506DET.HTM) when he is off the court.

Here is the list of the top 5:

Player On Court +/- Off Court +/- Team Net +/-
Prince (http://www.82games.com/0506/05DET6D.HTM) +12.9 -3.5 +16.3
B.Wallace (http://www.82games.com/0506/05DET12D.HTM) +12.8 -3.3 +16.0
Billups (http://www.82games.com/0506/05DET2D.HTM) +12.1 -0.6 +12.7
Hamilton (http://www.82games.com/0506/05DET5D.HTM) +11.7 -0.3 +12.0
R.Wallace (http://www.82games.com/0506/05DET9D.HTM) +11.9 +0.8 +11.1

I don't think he is the MVP of the team for different reasons, but certainly an argument could be made. You could put me in your idiot category for this.

Wallace ²
01-19-2006, 09:26 AM
The only argument I could make is that most of the time he is the one guarding the other teams best player and usually does a pretty good job in limiting their points.

SpursWoman
01-19-2006, 09:32 AM
I've always liked Sheed, head case or not....and now that he's away from that dysfunction capital of the NBA, he doesn't seem quite so mental. :tu :lol

samikeyp
01-19-2006, 11:15 AM
I don't blame Sheed at all! I am with SW...I have been a fan of his since Carolina. When he shuts his mouth and plays ball, he is one of the best in the league...he had proven that in Detroit.

easjer
01-19-2006, 12:05 PM
I like Sheed too, especially his overly-dramatic temper tantrums when a call goes against him. I'm not kidding, he's fun to watch. It doesn't matter if it's a questionable call that might give the other team a chance to take the lead from the line or a totally legit foul in the first quarter. He's always arguing it over or flopping on the floor in a great show of self restraint.

And he's a pretty good player.

Budkin
01-19-2006, 12:12 PM
"Both teams played hard."

Marklar MM
01-19-2006, 03:09 PM
"It was a good game. Both teams played hard."

theMUHMEshow
01-19-2006, 04:41 PM
I was in the locker room when Sheed made those comments...What I thought was funny was what he said about the olympics. Some writer in Chicago thought that Rasheed would be a great addition to the olympic team and a reporter from Fox Sports Radio asked Sheed if he would ever consider if he were asked...He was like "NO!" he went on to say that he could "give a crap about a gold medal" he is here to win championships...

milkyway21
01-19-2006, 07:43 PM
I was in the locker room when Sheed made those comments......really? how come you were there? Are you a reporter or a member of Detroit staff? or just a fan trying to catch a player for an autograph :D he :D he

ShoogarBear
01-19-2006, 07:50 PM
really? how come you were there? Are you a reporter or a member of Detroit staff? or just a fan trying to catch a player for an autograph :D he :D he

He was dressed up as the Eagles' mascot . . .

milkyway21
01-19-2006, 08:09 PM
He was dressed up as the Eagles' mascot . . .whoaaaaaaaaaaa:lmao

mike detroit
01-19-2006, 10:47 PM
really? how come you were there? Are you a reporter or a member of Detroit staff? or just a fan trying to catch a player for an autograph :D he :D he

he works for a detroit sportstalk radio station, IIRC.

janos
01-19-2006, 11:02 PM
he works for a detroit sportstalk radio station,

Getting coffee and sharpening pencils for the jocks is considered work?

FreshPrince22
01-19-2006, 11:21 PM
Anyone that ever tries to to argue Tayshaun is the MVP of the current Pistons lineup is an idiot. I dont care about anything else they've ever done. Idiot.

He was the Pistons MVP last year, no doubt. This year, he's not. Last year he was their "broken play guy". Whenever things weren't flowing they'd toss it to him in the post. And in LB's offense that happend alot. He was the leading scorer from Jan-April on the team. The difference is that this year, they don't have to break off plays because Flip's offense eats people and spits them out. The Pistons just get whatever they want, so he plays a different role. He's in a bit of a slump at the moment as well. Tonight he hit four treys so hopefully that snaps him out of it.

Vinnie_Johnson
01-19-2006, 11:35 PM
Ball Don't Lie

milkyway21
01-19-2006, 11:57 PM
he works for a detroit sportstalk radio station, IIRC.:tu