PDA

View Full Version : Be honest...would YOU have let Finley finish the game?

Alamode
01-19-2006, 09:27 AM
We all know Finley's performance hasn't been stellar until recently where he had the hot hand last night. Is this why you suppose Pop allowed Finley to shoot the free throws to close the game instead of the usual FT closer (Ginobili)? Because Gino seems to be a little off with his FTs will Finley continue to be the main closer (in tight games) or was this this an isolated game?

Also, as Pop--would you have handed the game to Finley with complete faith or figure a way to close the game with one of the starters?

leemajors
01-19-2006, 11:11 AM
gnob and finley were both in there. finley and bowen were being shuttled in and out for o/d purposes.

loveforthegame
01-19-2006, 11:21 AM
It depends on the situation. Are we in desperate need of offense (Fin) or in need of stops (Bowen)? If nothing else Fin is the Spurs best ft shooter (88.5%) and I would trust the ball in his hands if the other team is fouling intentionally.

Sportman
01-19-2006, 11:30 AM
I will be always quiet if manu finishes the games, because he can do everything good, pass the ball, shot or find his team mate open as yerterday with Finley.

waly.mg
01-19-2006, 11:41 AM
The best FT Shooter is Finley, so he must take the FT

But in the First play, the ball was on Manu and he made the pass and won a couples of seconds and put another great Ft Shooter like him at the Line

abelle23
01-19-2006, 11:43 AM
it always gives me comfort when manu is on the floor because he wil make things happen especially on close games like last night and the prev game w/ grizz at at&t ...he will make a pass, find an open guy and do a whatchamacallit shot...but finley is really showing up and doing a good job coming off the bench...but manu is still the man at the crunch!!!

waly.mg
01-19-2006, 11:45 AM
The little problem between Finley and Manu as who must to start is a Mistake

Manu is SG, and Filey is SF, in our team the SF is Bowen, so if you have Manu from the bench, you donīt have a SG in the Field

Hedo and Barry both are SG, but not Finley, so if you want Finley as starter, the team must to be: Parker-Manu-Finley-Duncan-Rasho and Bowen from the bench

easjer
01-19-2006, 11:53 AM

Manu is SG, and Filey is SF, in our team the SF is Bowen, so if you have Manu from the bench, you donīt have a SG in the Field

Hedo and Barry both are SG, but not Finley, so if you want Finley as starter, the team must to be: Parker-Manu-Finley-Duncan-Rasho and Bowen from the bench

Not quite. Finley is a swingman, so he can play the two or three. Just as NVE and Barry are swingmen who can play the 1 or 2.

Clearly, as we saw, Finley can start at the 2. There is little chance short of injury that Pop will ever have Finley come in ahead of Bowen, who is a linchpin of the team.

SenorSpur
01-19-2006, 11:55 AM
It depends on the situation. Are we in desperate need of offense (Fin) or in need of stops (Bowen)? If nothing else Fin is the Spurs best ft shooter (88.5%) and I would trust the ball in his hands if the other team is fouling intentionally.

Agree completely

GrandeDavid
01-19-2006, 12:51 PM
We all know Finley's performance hasn't been stellar until recently where he had the hot hand last night. Is this why you suppose Pop allowed Finley to shoot the free throws to close the game instead of the usual FT closer (Ginobili)? Because Gino seems to be a little off with his FTs will Finley continue to be the main closer (in tight games) or was this this an isolated game?

Also, as Pop--would you have handed the game to Finley with complete faith or figure a way to close the game with one of the starters?

Finley's an 85%ish free throw shooter, hence he's more money from the line than Manu. Of course you want Finley shooting them, regardless of how much time is left.

Solid D
01-19-2006, 01:14 PM
Pop wants to use Finley in crunch time. Last night, there were additional matchup reasons to use Finley.

Milwaukee went small when Magloire fouled out and brought in Simmons to fill Magloire's slot. Pop alternated Bowen and Rasho on defense and offense, respectively. Bowen to defend (Finley switched to Simmons, Bruce on Redd) and then Rasho on offense to rebound. The moves paid off because Rasho got a key offensive rebound that led to one of Finley's 3-pointers during that saved offensive possession. Finley needed to be in there for more than just FT reasons.

As mentioned before, the Bucks were collapsing all five to the lane so the Spurs needed perimeter shooters in there in order to win. Redd was majorly cheating off Finley.

Alamode
01-19-2006, 02:32 PM
Can anyone remind me of an instance (recent or last year) where Manu's (final minute/seconds of the game) set of free throws determined the Spurs win--a la Finley last night? Thanks. Can't think today.

T Park
01-19-2006, 03:18 PM
There have been.

But Finley is a stud.

Don't let the haters doubt that.

Last night showed, why you let Micahel Finley shoot whatever shot he wants.

Im ecstatic he took 12 shots.

Athenea
01-19-2006, 05:20 PM
Can anyone remind me of an instance (recent or last year) where Manu's (final minute/seconds of the game) set of free throws determined the Spurs win--a la Finley last night? Thanks. Can't think today.
I think u missed all Nuggz series last POffs...

nkdlunch
01-19-2006, 05:22 PM

how about every last minutes of every close game. when the other teams starts fouling, that's when Manu shoots FTs

5ToolMan
01-19-2006, 09:08 PM

In todays NBA, most players are combo players who can, and often do, play more than one position. Manu is a 2, who often plays the point and in some cases depending upon matchups can play 3. Dito for Barry. Finley, in my view is a natural 2, but can and does play some 3 as he did last night. Bowen almost always plays the 3 on offense, but plays from the 1 to the 4 on defense, as he did in matching up with Harrington this year, and with the Matrix, a 3 who plays the 4 in the Suns unique offense, in last years WCF. Even Tim is considered a 4, but he plays around half of his time as a 5.

SequSpur
01-19-2006, 09:19 PM
Make up your minds are you on the Finley bandwagon or not.

After the Detroit game, you all wanted him waived.

You all mofos have a short memory.

SpurDawg
01-19-2006, 10:38 PM
Give Finley some minutes to weave some Chemistry......

Dre_7
01-20-2006, 04:58 AM
The offensive team I would like to see at the end of games is:

NVE or Parker (dependant on Tonys play)
Manu
Fin (Wisconsin in da House!!)
Horry
TD

Alamode
01-20-2006, 09:54 AM
I think u missed all Nuggz series last POffs...

I did. Those were the only playoff games I missed last year and if the short-sighted NBA would let us purchase the games I would finally get to see them. I would pay a lot to see them.