PDA

View Full Version : Dear Nazr....

fraga
01-19-2006, 09:28 AM
SLAM THE F*CKING BALL ALREADY...

Am I the only one getting tired of his weak ass layups right under the basket...I mean...is he required in his contract to get blocked by any and everyone at least once a game....dammit...Tim Duncan seemed to figure it out last night...when he was close enough...bamm...just slammed it home...but I've been noticing that at least once a game...Nazr will bring some weak slam turned layup that will just get stuffed...son of a dammit...

Rick Von Braun
01-19-2006, 09:30 AM
SLAM THE F*CKING BALL ALREADY...

Am I the only one getting tired of his weak ass layups right under the basket...I mean...is he required in his contract to get blocked by any and everyone at least once a game....dammit...Tim Duncan seemed to figure it out last night...when he was close enough...bamm...just slammed it home...but I've been noticing that at least once a game...Nazr will bring some weak slam turned layup that will just get stuffed...son of a dammit...
You could say the same thing for Rasho and his weak ass 5ft hooks.

Slam the freaking ball big boy.

fraga
01-19-2006, 09:32 AM
Yeah but he usually makes those...that's one good thing about Rasho...he may be slow as dirt...but he can hit that shot...

Obstructed_View
01-19-2006, 05:23 PM
Yeah but he usually makes those...that's one good thing about Rasho...he may be slow as dirt...but he can hit that shot...
He missed about four of them against the Grizz.

Mixability
01-19-2006, 05:27 PM
Our big men don't like to be cocky, thats why they don't dunk. We're more low key. :lol

spurjur
01-19-2006, 05:34 PM
I think this goes for Tim and Rasho as well. Rasho always seems to shoot that little hook when he can dunk it. That is freaking weak. I know if I had his height and I got near the basket with the ball in my hands, I'd throw it down even if there was a chance of my dunk getting blocked.

Tim needs to stop shooting it from the outside and stop shooting the bank shot. He needs to go to the basket more. Sean Elliott touched on this yesterday. He pointed out the fact that Tim is more effective when he makes his move to the basket right away instead of letting his defender get set.

Cant_Be_Faded
01-19-2006, 05:38 PM
Ummm, Rasho misses like 5 baby hooks for every 1 he makes

Did anyone catch the play against memphis where Nazr got the ball baseline about 7 feet from the basket, noone was around him, yet he pump faked, then went for a layup that was easily anticipated by everyone else on the grizzlies team?

Funny.

spurjur
01-19-2006, 05:40 PM
Time and time we hear again how Pop wants Rasho to be more aggressive when he has the ball on the offensive side. How long does Pop wait for him to be more aggressive? I know I have lost my patients.

StillBorn
01-19-2006, 05:45 PM
I think this goes for Tim and Rasho as well. Rasho always seems to shoot that little hook when he can dunk it. That is freaking weak. I know if I had his height and I got near the basket with the ball in my hands, I'd throw it down even if there was a chance of my dunk getting blocked.

Tim needs to stop shooting it from the outside and stop shooting the bank shot. He needs to go to the basket more. Sean Elliott touched on this yesterday. He pointed out the fact that Tim is more effective when he makes his move to the basket right away instead of letting his defender get set.

I agree. Tim always has many oppurtunities to dunk the ball and he lays it in. Now I know that a dunk is only 2 points but I think a dunk fires up the team and crowd. And he'll miss those close shots when he could have dunked it.

Maybe it's cuz he is not atheletic enough???????

ChumpDumper
01-19-2006, 05:46 PM
I know I have lost my patients.You must be a crappy doctor.

leemajors
01-19-2006, 05:46 PM
maybe it hurts his foot to go up for a dunk...

spurjur
01-19-2006, 05:52 PM
maybe it hurts his foot to go up for a dunk...

Good point. It could be.

leemajors
01-19-2006, 06:00 PM
from all indications pf may not limit his physical abilities, but having a foot that hurts constantly might make you subconsciously wary of straining it.

rashofan1
01-19-2006, 06:39 PM
What gets to me the most is how everybody and their grandma is ready to slam Rasho. When he does good nobody gives him the respect that they give to all the other spurs.Rasho is a SOOOOOOOOO MUCH BETTER THAN Nazr.If Rasho was not better than Nazr Pop would start Nazr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EAGLES2008
01-19-2006, 06:41 PM
rashofan1 stop talking about rasho so much he cant play neither can Nazr

rashofan1
01-19-2006, 06:43 PM
For your information RASHO can play.HE IS BETTER than they give him credit for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !! I LOVE RASHO

Pero
01-19-2006, 06:49 PM
Russians soft? You don`t know what you`re talking about... And AK 47 being better... He should be, considering he`s the first man of his team...

Brutalis
01-19-2006, 07:03 PM
Dear Nazr,

Enjoy being on a winning team while it lasts.

Sincerely,
Wayne

doldrums
01-19-2006, 07:03 PM
Russians soft? You don`t know what you`re talking about... And AK 47 being better... He should be, considering he`s the first man of his team...

I believe he was distinguishing slovenians from Russians. So, I think he was painting Russians in a positive light for what it's worth.

Pero
01-19-2006, 07:08 PM
Not that Slovenians are soft... :)

Rick Von Braun
01-19-2006, 08:56 PM
I know I have lost my patients.
You must be a crappy doctor. http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif

5ToolMan
01-19-2006, 09:55 PM
rashos a candy ass. are solovienians like soft ass russians or something? so far ak 47 is better then rasho, beno and that skinny laker dude put together

You sound like the idiots who used to say European players were soft. After the Spurs won TWO NBA titles with the most European players in the NBA on their roster, the fools shut up and crawled away.

Hmmm ... why are you still here?

Peter
01-19-2006, 10:52 PM
Spurs have won a championship with Nazr starting at center.

Peter
01-19-2006, 10:54 PM
rasho need more muscle in his arms.

Rasho needs more than muscle. He needs a willingness to make contact and make mistakes. He seems to be so afraid of making an error that he plays tentative on the court. I think he's done for. There's no hope with him.

SenorSpur
01-19-2006, 11:19 PM
I agree. Tim always has many oppurtunities to dunk the ball and he lays it in. Now I know that a dunk is only 2 points but I think a dunk fires up the team and crowd. And he'll miss those close shots when he could have dunked it.

Maybe it's cuz he is not atheletic enough???????

Besides that, the dunk in the highest percentage shot in basketball.

Obstructed_View
01-20-2006, 02:42 PM
Sean Elliott suggesting that anyone needs to be more aggressive and go to the basket is laughable. He was the poster child for non-aggression.

fraga
01-20-2006, 03:18 PM
We'll see tonight if our bigs puss out or not...they'll most likely get some good passes or catches right under the basket...hopefully...Nazr won't pump fake like he's f*ckin break dancing...and Rasho will make his little 5 footers...

Slomo
01-20-2006, 05:03 PM
Spurs have won a championship with Nazr starting at center.No they didn't.

Rasho was the center until his injury and actually played more games/minutes than Nazr at center so this "Spurs have won a championship with Nazr" stuff is ridiculous.

And don't argue how the regular season doesn't matter, and it's all in the playoffs. Ask the Pistons what they think about HCA.

Obstructed_View
01-21-2006, 08:43 AM
We'll see tonight if our bigs puss out or not...they'll most likely get some good passes or catches right under the basket...hopefully...Nazr won't pump fake like he's f*ckin break dancing...and Rasho will make his little 5 footers...
But you are focusing on points and the Spurs don't need the center position to produce points. The centers are supposed to intimidate and block shots, set screens, rebound, get back on defense, not turn the ball over and, once in a while, make a basket or two.

foodie2
01-21-2006, 08:52 AM
Anyone who is still arguing that Nazr is better than Rasho, after watching the Heat game last night, needs to have his head examined IMHO. Nazr is a train wreck.

fraga
01-21-2006, 12:33 PM
Rasho > Nazr