PDA

View Full Version : Me-bury wants Garnett in NY

pache100
01-20-2006, 11:05 AM
:lol :lol

Knicks Notebook: Marbury wants Garnett in N.Y.
Friday, January 20, 2006
BY DAVID WALDSTEIN
Star-Ledger Staff
NEW YORK -- Would a reunion between Stephon Marbury and Kevin Garnett be enticing? Garnett said yes, and Marbury agrees. The only question is where?

When told that Garnett said in an interview with the Minneapolis Star-Tribune that he would love to reunite with Marbury in Minnesota, Marbury said he'd like to see it happen, too -- only in New York.

"For him to come here," Marbury said, "that would be beautiful. That would be the best thing ever."

Of course wanting to reunite with his former teammate and having it happen are two separate things. The Timberwolves may end up trading Garnett if things continue to go south in Minnesota.

Despite the common perception that Marbury and Garnett have a frosty relationship, they spoke affably before their game Monday at the Garden, and Garnett brought up Marbury's name twice unsolicited in Boston on Wednesday.

"It'd be interesting," Garnett said of a reunion. "I wouldn't oppose it. I have no beef with Steph. ... Yeah, I'd welcome Steph. I don't think Steph will come back to Minnesota, though. But I mean, New York's cold, New Jersey's cold. Who knows, man? We all mature and get older."

Garnett was asked about the possibility of him going to the Knicks, and wasn't very enthusiastic.

"I'm not New York, man," he told the paper. "I'm a Timberwolf at heart, man. But to have Steph back in 'Sota, that would be some crazy. That would be hot. That would revive the city."

Garnett and Marbury played together during Marbury's 2 1/2 seasons in Minnesota at the beginning of Marbury's career, from 1996-99.

Marbury sat out last night, his second missed game in a row, because of his sprained left shoulder, and his status is uncertain for tomorrow's game against the Hornets.

Coach Larry Brown said Marbury's shoulder was much improved, as was his range of motion. But there is still some pain in the shoulder resulting from his violent collision with Wally Szczerbiak on Monday.

Brown said he would leave it up to Marbury as to when he will return. If he skips tomorrow's game, the Knicks don't play again until Wednesday, which would give Marbury eight full days to recover.

Brown defended Antonio Davis for going into the stands to protect his wife in Chicago, and also had a unique perspective on the consequences for Davis if he hadn't gone up to defend her.

"He's a pretty special guy and I thought he handled it as well as anyone possibly could," the coach said. "He'd be in a lot more trouble if he went home that night and (hadn't) done anything about it."

Mo Taylor on the Davis incident: "In that situation, you can live with the suspension. You can't live with not going up there and something happens."

http://www.nj.com/knicks/ledger/index.ssf?/base/sports-0/113774259460250.xml&coll=1

SequSpur
01-20-2006, 11:06 AM
NBA Forum.

pache100
01-20-2006, 11:08 AM
NBA Forum.

Sorry.

TDMVPDPOY
01-20-2006, 12:09 PM
a trade that fryes not a package of this kg trade is a yes, if frye is needed in exchange then no.