PDA

View Full Version : Darko to Spurs?

Tek_XX
01-20-2006, 09:30 PM
ESPN mentioned that Pistons might want to Move Darko Milic. Are there any possibilities for the Spurs? Could we turn him into an NBA beast?

snowboarder
01-20-2006, 09:43 PM
Uhh No Thanks

Trapt1307
01-20-2006, 09:43 PM
The Pistons would never trade him to a rival. My prediction is he's traded to either Charlotte or Atlanta along with Arroyo in the next month.

rascal
01-20-2006, 09:44 PM
No
A big bust. And some here argued with me that he was better than Carmelo.

rascal
01-20-2006, 09:45 PM
No
A big bust. And some here argued with me that he was better than Carmelo.

Vinnie_Johnson
01-20-2006, 09:56 PM
He might pan out It won't be in Detroit.

TDMVPDPOY
01-20-2006, 09:56 PM
i dont even think his a better player compared to the shittest player on our team or the league.

Vinnie_Johnson
01-20-2006, 10:05 PM
i dont even think his a better player compared to the shittest player on our team or the league.

He has skills he is getting old he just turned 20.

ducks
01-20-2006, 10:07 PM
He Would Be Great In Sa

ducks
01-20-2006, 10:07 PM
could he be worse then what spurs have now?

ChumpDumper
01-20-2006, 10:09 PM
Did someone just say Darko is getting old?

ducks
01-20-2006, 10:11 PM
darko is also cheaper then resigning nazr

ace3g
01-20-2006, 11:17 PM
atleast darko has better hands than nazr, and would be a cheaper solution right now for a back up big man. Plus who knows he might strive in the spurs system, I am just tired of nazr

mattyc
01-20-2006, 11:21 PM
He can join our foreign union.

Pistons < Spurs
01-20-2006, 11:22 PM
Joe's not trading Darko.

At least not this year.

I hope.

Tek_XX
01-20-2006, 11:27 PM
Joe's not trading Darko.

At least not this year

I hope.

Are you calling Stephan A. Smith a liar, because if you are i would have absolutely no problem with it.

Pistons < Spurs
01-20-2006, 11:35 PM
Are you calling Stephan A. Smith a liar, because if you are i would have absolutely no problem with it.

Ya SAS has no clue what he's talking about. Joe D has always listened to offers from other teams. And he always will. But he is not intent on shopping/trading him................unless he's offered an obviously great deal like Garnett for Darko! LOL

One of the local beat writers that travels with the team today said on the radio that it was all bogus. Last night on TNT they made the same assertion that Joe was looking to unload him.

Joe took Darko so that he would be our future...meaning after Ben and Sheed couldn't do it anymore. I only hope at this point that Darko doesn't leave after next year when his contract expires.......but he likely will.

Dre_7
01-20-2006, 11:42 PM
If SA doesnt have to give up too much, I would like to see it. If he is crap than oh well, at least there is another big body with 6 fouls to give. If he blows up, than SA has the athletic big man they have desired.

No way it will happen IMO, but I wouldnt mind it.

Slo spurs fan
01-20-2006, 11:47 PM
Trade Nazr for Darko.
Darko is only 20 years old, he can still learn. Nazr is 28 (I think), he is what he is.

mikejones99
01-20-2006, 11:49 PM
Spurs cannot afford to trade anyone this year.

Brutalis
01-20-2006, 11:55 PM
ROFL Darko Milisucks.

Despot
01-20-2006, 11:56 PM
SAS always wants to seem important so he comes out with this type of "insider" news, I don't keep score, but has he ever been right? I honestly think his contacts mess around with him so that he will make a fool of himself announcing this stuff. There might be some truth to this though, when does his contract run out? Will he be restricted? Can't see him wanting to stay with the Pistons if he does not get more playing time, which I think is what he really wants now. If the Pistons wrap up home court sooner rather than later, I say they will start giving him alot more minutes so they can pimp him for an offseason trade.

A trade in the season seems to risky, the way they are playing why even think about messing with the chemistry. The only need that they need to address is to strengthen their bench anyway. I would believe his trade value is sort of low right now, doesn't make sense to trade him at this point, Sell high, buy low. I do think he will pan out though, maybe not superstar caliber, but pretty solid, looks like he's bulked up with his time off too.

Despot
01-20-2006, 11:57 PM
Oh, I can see them rounding up a couple of first rounders from a bad team for him.

SlasherX
01-20-2006, 11:58 PM
I don't know what's up with these reports.

Pistons have been listening to darko trades for 2 years but aren't looking to trade him.

Pistons said they would allways listen.

They are not calling teams around nba and trying to trade him.

exstatic
01-21-2006, 12:06 AM
I only hope at this point that Darko doesn't leave after next year when his contract expires.......but he likely will.

Maybe Dumars realizes that?

Despot
01-21-2006, 12:07 AM
And when I heard this on ESPN I had no doubt there would be a thread like this awaiting us.

Leetonidas
01-21-2006, 12:25 AM
I actually wouldn't mind having him. If he could develop into a good defender, he couldn't be any worse than Rasho, right?

milkyway21
01-21-2006, 02:04 AM
ESPN mentioned that Pistons might want to Move Darko Milic. Are there any possibilities for the Spurs? Could we turn him into an NBA beast?but we already have a mascot...:angel

are you saying The Coyote is now retiring? :D

FreshPrince22
01-21-2006, 02:56 AM
The 2 best teams in the league are NOT going to make a trade together.

T-Pain
01-21-2006, 03:10 AM
i think we have our own victory cigars

mavsfan1000
01-21-2006, 03:11 AM
You only wish the spurs could get Darko.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
01-21-2006, 03:58 AM
I heard Darko/Arroyo for TD/TP, but it's not until the SAS pick up Artest, LeBron and Bosh...

T-Pain
01-21-2006, 04:22 AM
I heard Darko/Arroyo for TD/TP, but it's not until the SAS pick up Artest, LeBron and Bosh...

one hell of a team

FreshPrince22
01-21-2006, 05:12 AM
Friggin Bosh. It still pissed me off that he let Darko outperform him in their workouts with the Pistons. :pctoss

He must have been pretty shitty! :lol

5ToolMan
01-21-2006, 08:50 AM
Ya SAS has no clue what he's talking about. Joe D has always listened to offers from other teams. And he always will. But he is not intent on shopping/trading him................unless he's offered an obviously great deal like Garnett for Darko! LOL

One of the local beat writers that travels with the team today said on the radio that it was all bogus. Last night on TNT they made the same assertion that Joe was looking to unload him.

Joe took Darko so that he would be our future...meaning after Ben and Sheed couldn't do it anymore. I only hope at this point that Darko doesn't leave after next year when his contract expires.......but he likely will.

Dumars took Darko before he traded for Sheed. Now that Sheed and Ben are expected to hold down the middle for the next several years, it does make some sence that Joe would explore other options, or even that Darko would push to be somewhere he could gain needed experience.

I have heard chatter that Darko's people have mentioned him bolting back to Europe since the Pistons full house is not giving him much of a shot of proving himself in the NBA.

rayray2k8
01-21-2006, 10:29 AM
hell no!!

SAGambler
01-21-2006, 10:35 AM
I actually wouldn't mind having him. If he could develop into a good defender, he couldn't be any worse than Rasho, right?

If you look closely at the work Rasho does, he is not nearly as bad as some make him out to be.. Remember when Tim went down last year, suddenly Rasho started having double doubles almost every game.

Right now, Darko is an unknown quality, since he gets so little PT..

I really doubt though that Dumars would trade him to the Spurs.

I'm thinking the Spurs may be looking to trade Nazr.. He really isn't showing much this year.. Hmmmm Wonder if Malik is ready to come back...

Tek_XX
01-21-2006, 04:36 PM
If you look closely at the work Rasho does, he is not nearly as bad as some make him out to be.. Remember when Tim went down last year, suddenly Rasho started having double doubles almost every game.

Right now, Darko is an unknown quality, since he gets so little PT..

I really doubt though that Dumars would trade him to the Spurs.

I'm thinking the Spurs may be looking to trade Nazr.. He really isn't showing much this year.. Hmmmm Wonder if Malik is ready to come back...

Trade Nazr for Malik.....what?

mavsfan1000
01-21-2006, 05:05 PM
The spurs with Darko equals championship. Darko>>Rasho.

ChumpDumper
01-21-2006, 05:16 PM
So Darko would've done a better job on Shaq last night?

Despot
01-21-2006, 05:23 PM
Is Darko smart enough to explain to us the defensive schemes and offensive plays that Detroit has? When I have read articles about him, It always seems that they are implying that he is a few cards short of a full deck.

mavsfan1000
01-21-2006, 05:32 PM
I've heard before that Flip's system is very complicated. The offensive system that is and if you aren't getting alot of minutes in the game to apply it than it was really hard to get used to. In practive is one thing but applying it to the games is another. Darko has 3 quality players ahead of him so he is in a bad situation. Put him in the starting lineup with Duncan would put him in the perfect situation and Detroit would not do that fearing what Darko could become.