PDA

View Full Version : Surprising Heroes Tonight...

1Parker1
01-20-2006, 10:44 PM
Awesome team game tonight by the Spurs:

Surprising heroes:

1) Tony Parker's Jumpshots :wow
2) Brent Barry coming out of retirement, hitting 3's, blocking shots :wow :wow
3) Bruce Bowen's stellar defense and hitting clutch FT's in the 4th when Spurs needed it
4) Rasho--never thought I'd see the day. Steals, blocked shots, layups in the 4th, awesome defense on Shaq. :wow

Solid D
01-20-2006, 10:50 PM
Parker was just out of this world offensively tonight. Best ever.

Don't forget Oberto's contributions. One of his best games as a Spur.

Sean Marks even did some good things. With Oberto and Marks out there, the Spurs kept a nice lead for a while.

Amuseddaysleeper
01-20-2006, 10:50 PM
its spelled "heroEs" not 'heros"

:angel

1Parker1
01-20-2006, 10:52 PM
Parker was just out of this world offensively tonight. Best ever.

Don't forget Oberto's contributions. One of his best games as a Spur.

Sean Marks even did some good things. With Oberto and Marks out there, the Spurs kept a nice lead for a while.

:tu You're right. It was definitely a solid team effort.

Rummpd
01-20-2006, 10:55 PM
That is the depth we are supposed to have, especially Barry and Oberto.

TDMVPDPOY
01-20-2006, 10:56 PM
barry = heroine ? :D

caŽlo
01-20-2006, 11:05 PM
say what u want but rasho and barry hit some big shots in the 4th.

cant say the same for finley though.

Horry For 3!
01-20-2006, 11:06 PM
Damn I missed Parker going off on the Heat :depressed

I was at my brother's and step-dad's games.

1Parker1
01-20-2006, 11:07 PM
I'll admit it, I was never a big fan of Rasho (Sorry Angel!). But he put forth a solid effort tonight. My thing is, why can't he put in an effort like tonight more often? Yes, his defense is usually consistent...but tonight he was aggressive, he had those steals, he wasn't afraid to take that layup in the 4th, he had blocked shots...

Maybe he did it because he knew SLOMO was in town? :lol

intlspurshk
01-20-2006, 11:31 PM
Sean Mark rule

caŽlo
01-20-2006, 11:38 PM
free the kiwi!

MI21
01-21-2006, 03:04 AM
Marks was fantastic. I loved his taking it at Alonzo despite getting blocked, good stuff.

Nothing needs to be said about Parker, he was downright amazing.

Barry was very good with those 2 clutch 3's, and he was very scrappy on defense and safe with the ball.

Oberto had his best game as a Spur. He reminded me of Danny Ferry without the 3pt range. Scrappy, annoying and hard nosed despite not having the quickness or athleticism of others.

Rasho was fantastic. Shaq schooled him at the end, but he was playing Shaq single coverage. Nobody stops Shaq with single coverage. Had that nice little finish over Shaq in the 4th too. Great game for him.

Van Exel was solid whilst out there, and those deep 3's are a sign of what we can expect in the playoffs. Ice cold baby.

Overall a very good game for almost every player. Tim wasn't great, but he would of had 20 and 11 if he hit some FT's. His rebounding in the 2nd half was exceptional.

One of my favourite games of the last couple of years, and perhaps the best game of the season. If only Manu didn't go down :(