PDA

View Full Version : Why can't Dallas lose!!

efrem1
01-20-2006, 11:43 PM
63-39 at the half. Doesn't look like the team will get any breathing room tonight. :depressed

Pandaemonaeon
01-20-2006, 11:52 PM
That's because it's not the playoffs yet.

Tek_XX
01-20-2006, 11:54 PM
Ya gotta put a little defense on em, and they fold like a two dollar ho.

Brutalis
01-20-2006, 11:56 PM
:lol :lol :lol

StillBorn
01-20-2006, 11:57 PM
Worry about your team.

Not other teams.

exstatic
01-21-2006, 12:01 AM
Their fans are probably saying the same thing about us. :lol

Rummpd
01-21-2006, 12:04 AM
I thought Dallas would be good but this team is playing impressive, they often blow teams out but also have won a number of clutch close games so far.

An advantage Spurs have is next two games with them at home - it would be great to see Spurs win both to get the tie breaker.

Vinnie_Johnson
01-21-2006, 01:58 AM
We have a pay back at The Palace waiting for them.

mavsfan1000
01-21-2006, 02:21 AM

Yeah and Dirk having Bronchitis had nothing to do with it last year. Hope these freak situations don't happen this year to cause the mavs to lose. They are even better this year than last year.

Sense
01-21-2006, 02:48 AM

:tu

Pistonfan1
01-21-2006, 02:57 AM
Yeah and Dirk having Bronchitis had nothing to do with it last year. Hope these freak situations don't happen this year to cause the mavs to lose. They are even better this year than last year.

I think you mean Choking. Please dont use that crap as an excuse for him falling apart in the playoffs it will not pass. Then again that piece of shit sat out in the 2003 WCF with a "sore knee". He is a pussy plain and simple and will fold when he faces playoff adversity then chew out his teamates to the press about not bailing him out. And BTW I have seen GREAT players (Irk is not in this class) play through ALOT worse.

mavsfan1000
01-21-2006, 03:07 AM
I think you mean Choking. Please dont use that crap as an excuse for him falling apart in the playoffs it will not pass. Then again that piece of shit sat out in the 2003 WCF with a "sore knee". He is a pussy plain and simple and will fold when he faces playoff adversity then chew out his teamates to the press about not bailing him out. And BTW I have seen GREAT players (Irk is not in this class) play through ALOT worse.

55 worthless post. You just use name calling to prove your points which means you don't have any points. Dirk's stats in previous playoff series proves you are wrong. Bronchitis can last awhile also and it causes fatigue. Freak like occurence but oh well. You need to watch more mavs games because Dirk is lighting up teams even on his bad nights. He will catch on fire at one point and kill you. Yeah Jordan played through alot worse but this MICHAEL JORDAN. The guy is superman.

Tek_XX
01-21-2006, 03:19 AM

Hmm his lungs seemed to be working fine last year considering all the screaming he did at his teammates.

mavsfan1000
01-21-2006, 03:24 AM
Hmm his lungs seemed to be working fine last year considering all the screaming he did at his teammates.

I don't get why people are making such a big deal about this. Some of the decisions by his teammates were just ridiculous. Seems like people are trying to find faults in Dirk rather than seeing how great he is. Jordan did the same thing and probably could get away with anything without getting talked about. Being harsh on your teammates can really be beneficial. It shows how much you want to win and not let anyone slack off.

Sense
01-21-2006, 03:26 AM
I don't get why people are making such a big deal about this. Some of the decisions by his teammates were just ridiculous. Seems like people are trying to find faults in Dirk rather than seeing how great he is. Jordan did the same thing and probably could get away with anything without getting talked about. Being harsh on your teammates can really be beneficial. It shows how much you want to win and not let anyone slack off.

I thought they couldn't be compared...

Choose a side and stick to it.

Your arguments are confusing.

Tek_XX
01-21-2006, 03:27 AM

I think its because he came off as a little bitch. I don't think Jordan hysterically went off on his teammates on the court. And please don't mention dirk with jordan ever again, thanks a bunch.

Pandaemonaeon
01-21-2006, 03:49 AM

I think the Mavs are better this year as well but with regards to winning the title, I'm not so sure of that. We don't have a low post guy, we still have problems dealing with the pick-and-roll and penetration, and there's still the question of us bringing our regular season success to the playoffs.

He is a pussy plain and simple and will fold when he faces playoff adversity then chew out his teamates to the press about not bailing him out. And BTW I have seen GREAT players (Irk is not in this class) play through ALOT worse.

"Fold when he faces playoff adversity"? Are we going to just use his ONE TERRIBLE SERIES against Houston (whether because of bronchitis or not is irrelevant) and forget about the big games he's had against the top power forwards/defenders of the league?

SenorSpur
01-21-2006, 04:27 AM
Avery's got them focusing on playing defense first for the first time in franchise history. We'll still take them down in a 7-game series, though.

ALVAREZ6
01-21-2006, 09:15 AM
Fuck _allas.

Ishta
01-21-2006, 12:38 PM
They will fold come playoff time..We've all seen it before Dirk The dumbass has no balls, and will cry about his teamates lack of "smart" Play as an excuse when he will be the one to choke..This shit is getting old :sleep:sleep:sleep

SMLT
01-21-2006, 12:47 PM
You should give credit where it's due. Dirk deserves better from basket ball fan. I'll be glad to have him on our roster. Champion for the next three or four years to come (till Tim retires). You sound, at best, jalous of Dallas.

Ishta
01-21-2006, 12:51 PM
You should give credit where it's due. Dirk deserves better from basket ball fan. I'll be glad to have him on our roster. Champion for the next three or four years to come (till Tim retires). You sound, at best, jalous of Dallas.No, just honest...Dallas has folded in the playoffs the last several years..Remind me again how many rings they have? Oh that's right they don't. I hate...HATE Dallas the team,and the city jealousy has nothing to do with it.:lol

pking
01-21-2006, 02:08 PM
I'm a big Mavs fan but blaming last years playoff woes on his supposed case of bronchitis is a little weak. He didnt look good, didn't play as well as he could have, for the first time didn't elevate his game in the post season and we lost fair and square...that's it. Not that I believe in any way that it's "all dirk's fault"..winning in general is a team thing, not solely put on the shoulders of one player. The playoffs weren't lost because Dirk was not as good as he could have been, they weren't lost because Jason Terry left Steve Nash in the final seconds of regulation in game 6, they weren't lost because Dampier is not the second best center in the west and they certainly weren't lost because Avery Johnson was a brand new coach. Whatever excuses people want to bring up -- maybe they're right, but it's all combined with other issues. The Suns came up bigger than us. It's over.

Sorry, I just think some Mavs fans (well, fans of any team actually) make all fans of that team look like major excuse makers. It's weak.

Maybe we'll be this better this year -- I have hope. We'll never get any credit until we do because there's no even considering from fans of other teams that the Mavs will win anything, just based on years past. Kinda fair in a way I guess, but this is a different team so no one really knows yet how it'll all end up.

Viva Las Espuelas
01-21-2006, 02:41 PM
55 worthless post.
i really haven't grasped the whole concept on parelleling low post counts and not "knowing basketball" and people believing they invented the whell whenever they point it out. get over it. if your favorite sports guru were to join would you give them shit? nothing like making an example out of a mavs fan. nothing at all

koopa
01-21-2006, 03:48 PM
the mavs have been having good regular seasons these past few years, they ain't a real threat when it comes to playoff time. dirk will call out his team again and end up choking just like last year.

mavsfan1000
01-21-2006, 04:05 PM
i really haven't grasped the whole concept on parelleling low post counts and not "knowing basketball" and people believing they invented the whell whenever they point it out. get over it. if your favorite sports guru were to join would you give them shit? nothing like making an example out of a mavs fan. nothing at all

I didn't mean low post count as being worthless or whatever. I meant all his post are about talking shit and trying to piss people off.

Pistonfan1
01-21-2006, 05:11 PM
I remember watching the Kings OWN the Mavs badly in the playoffs. Irk was making Webber look like a clutch superstar kind of player. Irk is a good player but I cant call him a great one. Great players dont play like crap and then hate on their teamates to the press for not bailing them out. Great players dont let a sore knee keep them out of 3 playoff games. I cant and wont call Irk a clutch playoff player cuz if you call him that then you have to call Chris Webber that. Webber is a clutcher player then Irk and that isnt saying much.

Extra Stout
01-21-2006, 05:39 PM
When Tim Duncan won Finals MVP last year, he just had two sprained ankles. Lucky for us he didn't have something serious like chest congestion or the Pistons would be going for a threepeat now.

GO SPurs Go
01-22-2006, 12:57 AM
You should give credit where it's due. Dirk deserves better from basket ball fan. I'll be glad to have him on our roster. Champion for the next three or four years to come (till Tim retires). You sound, at best, jalous of Dallas.
You sound at best like a dick head. Before embarrasing yourself maybe you should get hooked on Phoenix and learn how to spell JELOUS

Trainwreck2100
01-22-2006, 01:04 AM
You sound at best like a dick head. Before embarrasing yourself maybe you should get hooked on Phoenix and learn how to spell JELOUS

please tell me you are being facetious