PDA

View Full Version : These are the Spurs I know and love!

mando6599
01-21-2006, 01:46 AM
Yes! I feel this team is starting to gel much nicer as of late, especially playing on the road. They're starting to remind me of the road team we had two years ago when they had such a great road record. They're finishing quarters much stronger and, as evidenced tonight against Miami, and even against the Bucks on Wed., they're making the clutch shots down the stretch when necessary.

I can't really describe what the feeling is, but to me it feels like the Spurs are beginning to play like they have a chip on their collective shoulders. I thought that even though we did not have a good assist night, the team offense ran smoother and there was a flow to it. I know we turned it over a lot tonight, but it seemed when it came to crunch time, we didn't turn it over.

I don't know, the last two away games against the Grizz and the Heat have just seemed like our defense has stepped up and really played well. Props to Rasho tonight for an inspired effort against Shaq. I'd take that effort every night, Shaq or no Shaq. But if we were to play them in the Finals, I'd feel pretty good about it after tonight. Yes, Shaq is still working back into shape, but still. Rasho held his own and was in a lot more plays defensively than all year, to me at least. Blocked shots without fouling, boards, and tough ones at that. Pushing Shaq back out of the block more than I've seen before. If there's ever been a case for Rasho over Nazr, it's now. Nazr showed no answer tonight for Shaq when he was on him. Nazr got 3 fouls in about 3 minutes out on the court. One created a 3-point play for Shaq which capped off a spurt for the Heat.

Of course Parker was amazing and just literally punched his ticket to the ASG with his performance tonight. Came up big in so many ways and even took the hits and punishment that came with it. Huge respect for TP tonight. He had both inside and outside game working tonight and it showed how deadly he's going to be if he plays like that consistently. And to top it all off, he wasn't stopping driving to the rim and was also taking the big shots at the end! His confidence is way up and I hope the team can ride for a while, while Manu heals(again) and rests.

This team is on the right track and to me they're starting to get together.

mando

TxJudsonRocketTx
01-21-2006, 01:50 AM
Yea the long drought leading to nearly blowing the game reminds me of old times when we would be up by 17 on the Lakers and couldnt buy a point until they were within 1 or 2. Not exactly what I like to see but I guess I'll take a win.

gospursgojas
01-21-2006, 01:53 AM
I heard someone say (maybe it was in here) that the Spurs are like the Lakers of 3 or 4 years ago....coasting through the reg season and then dominating during the playoffs. I hope they don't take it too easy though

mando6599
01-21-2006, 01:59 AM
Yea the long drought leading to nearly blowing the game reminds me of old times when we would be up by 17 on the Lakers and couldnt buy a point until they were within 1 or 2. Not exactly what I like to see but I guess I'll take a win.

But I think that was to be expected, especially after Manu went down. There's always a let down with this team at points in a season and in games. What I wasn't expecting was the Spurs fortitude to fight through it and really make some clutch shots and defensive plays towards the end tonight. Awesome.

mando

mando6599
01-21-2006, 02:12 AM
Barry, what can I say, clutch! He does need to start and finish games too, if he's going to finish like that. Not only the 3's of course, but the defense too on the blocked Payton shot! That's what's going to get him more minutes in the end is defense like that.

mando

mando6599
01-21-2006, 02:27 AM
Get real, you beat a crappy team! They play in the Worst division in all of basketball. Its not like you blew them away! hah, oh my god, Wade was pretty much hurt and Shaq looked like he needed alot of Vicadin and a walker! Nobody else decided to show up either. Good job Spurs! You beat a pathetic showing by a average team. Your the greatest! Haha

You're kidding, right?

phyzik
01-21-2006, 02:32 AM
I'll agree today was a much improved Spurs team in my eyes, but its only one game.... I wont be singing their names dancing in the street until its consistent...... that and I still feel they could do better.

mando6599
01-21-2006, 02:35 AM
I'll agree today was a much improved Spurs team in my eyes, but its only one game.... I wont be singing their names dancing in the street until its consistent...... that and I still feel they could do better.

I agree about the consistency issue, totally. However, this team just feels different right now and especially playing on the road. They seem to be getting more of a killer instinct and I think their road trip will be especially revealing as to how their instincts are evolving.

mando

mando6599
01-21-2006, 02:46 AM
Your message board looks like the Grizzlies board. Your team is winning games that could go either way. Oh yah! Their gellin! Hah oh my god, just last week you guys were saying oh, its cool we dont turn it up until the PLAYOFFS! Now that you guys beat a withering Heat team your saying your playing great ball? I thought it was the ugliest game I seen in a long time on national tv. The ONLY reason you won this game is because T.Parker. Too bad he played against two guards that play no defense.

Are you a Pistons fan posing as a Spurs fan? :rolleyes

Trainwreck2100
01-21-2006, 02:46 AM
Your message board looks like the Grizzlies board. Your team is winning games that could go either way. Oh yah! Their gellin! Hah oh my god, just last week you guys were saying oh, its cool we dont turn it up until the PLAYOFFS! Now that you guys beat a withering Heat team your saying your playing great ball? I thought it was the ugliest game I seen in a long time on national tv. The ONLY reason you won this game is because T.Parker. Too bad he played against two guards that play no defense.

Actually they don't play good till March, pay attention.