PDA

View Full Version : Tim looked awful out there

TDfan2007
01-21-2006, 04:47 PM
I'm usually not a big critic of Tim but last night @ Miami he looked awful. His defense was deplorable and his complete and total lack of agression and complacency worry me. Tim needs to demand the ball in the 4th quarter in a close game and finish. He used to do this perfectly but this year he's just taken a back seat in the 4th quarter. Now I'm not asking Tim to pull a Kobe, but I'd like to see Tim be more aggressive offensively like he has briefly showed this season (the two games against Milwakee).

Now, I know that Tim is hurting w/ his plantar fasciitis but he can still be aggressive.

Props to Tony and Barry for bailing us out yesterday.

Tek_XX
01-21-2006, 04:52 PM
I disagree, Tim looked better than he has of late. Point wise it may have been the same but he looked aggressive.

koopa
01-21-2006, 04:56 PM
well i think this might be good for the team in the long run. tim is showing that he has confedence in his teammates to actually step up when it matters most. parker usually disappears in the fourth so this is awesome that he is finally finishing games.

Extra Stout
01-21-2006, 05:44 PM
Parker was having a career night. Tim was making Shaq look like Rick Barry from the line. Why exactly did Tim need to demand the ball?

Lady M
01-21-2006, 07:47 PM
well i think this might be good for the team in the long run. tim is showing that he has confedence in his teammates to actually step up when it matters most. parker usually disappears in the fourth so this is awesome that he is finally finishing games.
for a man who disapear in the fourth his place in the crunch is odd

he 's 5th today
http://www.nba.com/features/nestle/crunch_time_stat.html

Banks91
01-21-2006, 07:59 PM
I don't get to see spurs games often, so if ya'll saying that yesterday's performance was his most aggressive in a while, then Daaaamn, he's fallen off this year for real.
(i know its the injury, but still).

Also, it's gotta be a bit worrying that all that "aggressiveness" led to 3 2nd half points, none in the 4th. Especially since that's when the game got serious and his contribution could've made the game easier for the spurs.

Oh well, if he's aight for the playoffs and the finals, all's well that ends well.

gmanrulz
01-21-2006, 08:13 PM
i shouldve told tim he sucked. i saw him last night at ihop at 2:30 again. He seems to like goin there after road games ive seen him a few times. hes got some contract thing with them.

valluco
01-22-2006, 12:51 AM
5 for 10 from the field with 11 rebounds is not what I would call awful, and 2 of those 11 rebounds were big ones off of the offensive glass. His defense looked better but his FT shooting sucked ass.

Spurs rock
01-22-2006, 03:09 AM
I hate to say this but I think Tim Duncan is past his prime.

raspsa
01-22-2006, 03:21 AM
His outside shot has all but disappeared.. when was the last time he made a jumpshot off the glass?

MI21
01-22-2006, 06:57 AM
His rebounding and defense in the 2nd half was very very good. I wish he would shoot more (he only took 2 shots in 2nd half) but if he had of made 9/12 on FT's, he would of had 19/11 on 10 shots. Not to bad considering another player was having a career game.

td4mvp21
01-22-2006, 10:07 AM
^You are right, his defensive game stepped up in the second half. In the first half he looked pretty good on offense. But again, when your second scorer is going off, give it to him.

SA210
01-22-2006, 11:56 AM
Tim is not playing to his capable level. I hope he steps it up and becomes more agressive. And yea, his bank shot has not been there.

SenorSpur
01-22-2006, 10:34 PM
He is fucking up BIG TIME. Other than free throws (which ARE a big flaw of this), I rarely get upset with Tim. However, today he was absolutely HORRIBLE. The turnovers, careless passed, not going up strong, getting his shotd blocked, holding the ball WAY too long and allowing the defense to pack him in and of course, FUCKING free throws again.

This guy is not looking like his superstar self and it's hurting the team. He was bad against Miami, but Parker's performance was enough for the Spurs to overcome Duncan's poor play.

Against Denver, his excaberbated his poor play with costly turnovers.