PDA

View Full Version : I hate ABC

1Parker1
01-21-2006, 05:00 PM
For all us East-Coasters on the forum, I hate to tell you but we won't be able to see the Spurs vs Nuggets game on ABC tommorow. Instead, we lucky people get to see two first round exit teams play each other: Sixers vs Twolves.

:depressed

Why does ABC do this every year? Why not schedule games at different times and do a double header. Don't they realize that people are fans of teams outside of their region?

angel_luv
01-21-2006, 05:04 PM
All the more reason for you to move here- no more missed Spurs games.

Instead of being a Winter Texan, you could be a Spurs season Texan. :lol

Marklar MM
01-21-2006, 05:05 PM
AI and CWebb vs KG. A much more marketable game, in their minds. Who knows really.

Stephen A Smith
01-21-2006, 05:09 PM
For all us East-Coasters on the forum, I hate to tell you but we won't be able to see the Spurs vs Nuggets game on ABC tommorow. Instead, we lucky people get to see two first round exit teams play each other: Sixers vs Twolves.

:depressed

Why does ABC do this every year? Why not schedule games at different times and do a double header. Don't they realize that people are fans of teams outside of their region?

Quite frankly, I am coinfident you will love it Sister...who wants to watch those podunks living in the squalor of San Antone anyway, quite frankly.

1Parker1
01-21-2006, 05:10 PM
All the more reason for you to move here- no more missed Spurs games.

Instead of being a Winter Texan, you could be a Spurs season Texan. :lol

:lol This might just be the thing that pushes me to move!

lilmads
01-21-2006, 05:42 PM
I'm pretty much east coast dependent... But I do have satellite so hopefully I can catch the game on abc-w....

ALVAREZ6
01-21-2006, 05:55 PM
1Parker1, aren't you used to this by now??? We get jipped every year...it's a routine.

FromWayDowntown
01-21-2006, 06:27 PM

I'm not trying to be insensitive here, but there's a legitimate business reason for the schedule tomorrow.

They're not scheduling the games at different times tomorrow because ABC doesn't want to try to run regular season NBA games against the AFC and NFC Championship games. They are running the NBA games early to get them on when there is no competition, and they're running the games regionally to ensure the widest total audience. It's not as if San Antonio/Denver would be a huge ratings-getter on the East Coast; if the game had been San Antonio and Detroit or Miami or Cleveland or Lakers or something like that, there probably wouldn't be any need for a regional split.

If you want to see the game, I'd be willing to bet that there are restaurants/bars that will be showing both games. It's not as convenient, but it would at least give you a chance to see the game.

himat
01-21-2006, 06:30 PM
i get to watch all my piston games, and allen iverson is my favorite player so i'll be able to see him play tommorow.

ALVAREZ6
01-21-2006, 06:49 PM
If you want to see the game, I'd be willing to bet that there are restaurants/bars that will be showing both games. It's not as convenient, but it would at least give you a chance to see the game.
1Parker1, I bet you that Champs Sports Bar (or whatever it's called) at the downtown Marriot will show it, they have a bunch of big screen TV's around the walls, I would try that place...and the food is good too.

It's really close to city hall, on Market Street...next to Hard Rock Cafe.

1Parker1
01-21-2006, 08:49 PM
they're running the games regionally to ensure the widest total audience. It's not as if San Antonio/Denver would be a huge ratings-getter on the East Coast.

You're right. But honestly, I'd think people would be more interested in watching the defending champs against Carmelo, K-Mart and co. than barely .500 teams play some basketball. And they wonder why ratings are so low? I know, I know Sixers vs Twolves has the Super-stars, AI, Webber, Garnett. But it still sucks for us :(

2centsworth
01-21-2006, 08:51 PM
Dude if I didn't live in SA I would have NBA League Pass so I would never miss a game.

dknights411
01-21-2006, 08:56 PM
I don't really care about national television games and matchups and stuff myself. All that matters is that the Spurs are playing tommorow.

efrem1
01-21-2006, 09:35 PM
Well, it is on here in Sacramento manana, but I go to church in the morning so it is VCR time.

UtownSpur
01-21-2006, 10:07 PM
Its just like the NFL does with its regular season games...they do regional broadcasts...its not a slight against the spurs.

missmyzte
01-21-2006, 10:30 PM
Dude if I didn't live in SA I would have NBA League Pass so I would never miss a game.
When it's on ABC, it's not on League Pass, you would still miss the game.

Makes me glad I'm on the West Coast right now, I'll get to see the Spurs.

StillBorn
01-21-2006, 10:45 PM
I'm sure there are Sixer fans here that feel the same way.

it's a lose/lose or win/win...tsk,tsk

Melmart1
01-21-2006, 11:03 PM
:pctoss

We get Philly stations here in South NJ so I am guessing it's the same here. Oh well, I guess I will have to go shopping instead... :spin

Rummpd
01-21-2006, 11:07 PM
I live in Philly area, and can watch all their games free anyway but also have league pass

BUT WILL NOT GET THE FRIGGIN GAME EVEN WHEN I PAY FOR LEAGUE PASS - INANE!

sanman53
01-21-2006, 11:15 PM
DANG!

I have looked forward to watching this game for two months! ABC is the only channel I get on this cheap attenna. I wish vbookie was real, cuz Id get some satellite up here with my cash.

Always happens though, fig Id get used to it by now. And I agree angelluv, maybe one day I will move out there! maybe one day...

missyy0867
01-22-2006, 02:40 AM
woah i just saw it starts at 12:00...i hope im up by then

T Park
01-22-2006, 02:55 AM
I just got off my satellite for the night, and it shows Nuggets VS Spurs on the League Pass deal.

Don't know if that means they are showing it or not.

Spurs rock
01-22-2006, 02:58 AM
I hate ABC too, NBA on NBC was much better.

supaphly119
01-22-2006, 04:37 AM
out here in phoenix i had to get league pass in order to watch any spurs games that didn't involve the suns...oh well, thats life i guess.

Gerryatrics
01-22-2006, 05:24 AM
Is the replay on ESPN region dependent too? Because Directv shows Nuggets @ Spurs at 3:00 am EST.

StillBorn
01-22-2006, 06:39 AM
All I know is that I'll be able to watch it here in SA. That's all that matters. :lmao

Melmart1
01-22-2006, 09:17 AM
All I know is that I'll be able to watch it here in SA. That's all that matters. :lmao

:flipoff

bigbendbruisebrother
01-22-2006, 11:16 AM
The other thing that sucks about ABC/ESPN is that they don't extend programming past the scheduled end time (which is never long enough). So if you set your TIVO or DVR to coincide with the game, you'll almost always lose the last two minutes.

So if you want to get the whole game, extend your TIVO/DVR time an hour or so.

1Parker1
01-22-2006, 11:30 AM
I'm sure there are Sixer fans here that feel the same way.

it's a lose/lose or win/win...tsk,tsk

:lol There are Sixers fans outside of Philly??? Hell, there are barely Sixers fans in Philly!! Poor Sixers get booed a lot by the home crowd when they're getting beat badly.

Brodels
01-22-2006, 12:05 PM
Count me among the complainers. I'll also be watching Minny and Philly today.

I miss NBC.

Dre_7
01-22-2006, 12:30 PM
Same here. Since I am in Wisconsin, I will be seeing the TWolves. :pctoss

sanman53
01-22-2006, 01:05 PM
WOW, the Minn/Philly game is so exciting! Thanks ABC!

ALVAREZ6
01-22-2006, 01:11 PM
:lol There are Sixers fans outside of Philly??? Hell, there are barely Sixers fans in Philly!! Poor Sixers get booed a lot by the home crowd when they're getting beat badly.
:lol
It is so true.

Spurologist
01-22-2006, 01:13 PM
I just turned off the tv b/c minny - philly game is putting me to sleep. ABC SUCKS.

sanman53
01-22-2006, 01:17 PM
At least east coast ABC viewers can watch Desperate Housewives tonight

Dre_7
01-22-2006, 01:23 PM
I am sick today and just sitting at home all day, so I manned up and bought audio pas for the 20 bucks. So now I can listen to all the games.

Melmart1
01-22-2006, 01:35 PM

So true! There are more hockey fans here than Sixers fans. I was at a bar in Cherry Hill when the Pistons were playing the Spurs two weeks ago, and there were 20 TVs. I had to BEG to watch the game.. they were like 'you want to watch basketball? we didn't know there was any on". Twenty TV's, and I get the smallest one.. .then people started bitching and I missed the 4th qtr so they could have one more game on the Flyers. Hockey sucks!

ShoogarBear
01-22-2006, 03:26 PM
Guess it's a good thing I didn't get to see it. Sounds like it would have just pissed me off royally.

Plus, Sixer-Wolves turned out to be a CLASSIC! Wow, what a shot Igoudala just put in!

1Parker1
01-22-2006, 03:40 PM
Guess it's a good thing I didn't get to see it. Sounds like it would have just pissed me off royally.

Plus, Sixer-Wolves turned out to be a CLASSIC! Wow, what a shot Igoudala just put in!

:lmao Seriously! I take it back....the Sixers game turned out to be so much better. Down 24 at one point, Sixers rally back with that crazy Igoudala putback! Either T Wolves really, really suck....or Sixers are better than I thought. I can't decide which :lol

T-Pain
01-22-2006, 09:13 PM

yeah, one hell of a shot

T-Pain
01-22-2006, 09:14 PM
:lmao Seriously! I take it back....the Sixers game turned out to be so much better. Down 24 at one point, Sixers rally back with that crazy Igoudala putback! Either T Wolves really, really suck....or Sixers are better than I thought. I can't decide which :lol
its badass u like the spurs, u like the sixers too?

1Parker1
01-23-2006, 09:51 AM
its badass u like the spurs, u like the sixers too?

Yup, second fav team is the Sixers. Afterall, I am a Philadelphian :)

Oh, Gee!!
01-23-2006, 12:54 PM
Sometimes watching the Spurs (win even) is almost unbearable for Spurs fans. They're not the most exciting game in the NBA, and we shouldn't expect them to have mass audience appeal.

leemajors
01-23-2006, 01:02 PM
i agree with oh, gee. it is hard to watch a lot of their games, especially the slowed down games. there were several times i thought they would pull away, but just made silly mistakes. i went to watch the nfl playoffs hoping they would pull it out, but the nfl games weren't any better

himat
01-23-2006, 05:20 PM
iverson just took over that game. webber hit a huge 3, and of course iguodala hoit that wild putback. trenton hassel schooled kyle korver. and what was up with all those fouls at the end not being called marko jaric pushed iverson 10 times, and iguodala got fouled on that dunk.

ALVAREZ6
01-23-2006, 05:44 PM
http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/3822/abcsucks1ip.png