PDA

View Full Version : basketball game in england where into 5 overtimes

The_Game
01-22-2006, 03:46 PM
The longest match in British Basketball League history was finally won by Genesis Brighton Bears after an epic five overtimes at DMU Leicester Riders.

The home team thought they had won it in regulation but McHenry’s dunk was wiped off for being after the final buzzer. In overtime Brighton’s Jerry Williams tied the game at the end of the first and second periods and team-mate Terrance McGee did likewise in the third and fourth stanzas.

And it was McGee who broke the game open with a three and two free throws in the fifth period to ensure the Bears travelled back to the south coast with an amazing win.

people who followed the college game will know one name there...anthony mchenry who played for georgia tech when they made the championship game

score was 107-101 after 5 overtime periods.

Vinnie_Johnson
01-22-2006, 04:19 PM
5 overtimes and they barly hit 100. Nice

angel_luv
01-22-2006, 04:52 PM
Man, I wish I could have seen it! You guys know how I love overtime(s)!

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-22-2006, 06:50 PM
And in related news:

The Durango, CO middle school Mustangs took their rival Alimosa middle school Wildcats to three overtimes before eaking out an exciting 36-35 victory. Afterwards, a jubilant coach Hank Smith hoisted his star player, little Billy Watkins onto his shoulders for a victory lap around the gym. Following the game the players all enjoyed orange slices and Gatorade and then it was off to Pizza Hut for the post-game party.

In the rest of the world, no one cared.

Chris
01-23-2006, 11:05 AM
And in related news:

The Durango, CO middle school Mustangs took their rival Alimosa middle school Wildcats to three overtimes before eaking out an exciting 36-35 victory. Afterwards, a jubilant coach Hank Smith hoisted his star player, little Billy Watkins onto his shoulders for a victory lap around the gym. Following the game the players all enjoyed orange slices and Gatorade and then it was off to Pizza Hut for the post-game party.

In the rest of the world, no one cared.

Post of the week!