PDA

View Full Version : Dear Nick Van Exel...

fraga
01-22-2006, 04:55 PM
Stop hiking up the f*cking 3 ball every f*cking chance you get...if you're not making them...you're not making them....at least let Tim touch the f*cking ball once....sh!t....dammit......crap...

usckk
01-22-2006, 04:56 PM
WTF? He didn't take any bad shots.

remingtonbo2001
01-22-2006, 05:01 PM

Your right, they weren't bad shots, they were fucking HORRIBLE

Tek_XX
01-22-2006, 05:06 PM

Yes he did. The one where he didn't know what to do with it so he just threw it up was indeed a bad shot at a crucial time. Not Spurs basketball.

SenorSpur
01-22-2006, 08:48 PM
NVE is an old age, on court cancer

sprrs
01-22-2006, 10:00 PM
When NVE gets hot, he gets HOT. Then you won't be complaining everytime he jacks it up. I believe that's what he was signed for.

Rummpd
01-22-2006, 10:07 PM
Meanwhile a promising distributive point guard, called a steal by many in the media sits and sits and sits - who by the way was a pretty good three point shooter, alas Beno will never get to show this true potential it looks like.

MI21
01-22-2006, 10:16 PM
There will be many Van Exel fans come playoff time.

Raise the roof, mofo's :fro

fraga
01-22-2006, 10:17 PM
When NVE gets hot, he gets HOT. Then you won't be complaining everytime he jacks it up. I believe that's what he was signed for.
I can't seem to remember...when exactly WAS the last time that happened...

boutons_
01-22-2006, 10:21 PM
"When NVE gets hot, he gets HOT"

But he's cold a lot, too.

He's a career FG 40%, so overall, he's not a scorer, no matter how well-placed or memorable a few of his 3Gs have been.

Brent, Michael, and Manu all shoot much better than Nick, but Brent and Michael are both, like today, shooting very cold as Spurs.

SenorSpur
01-22-2006, 10:28 PM
When's the last time he actually performed on the primary PG responsibilities - setting up a teammate for an easy basket off an assist.

The problem with him is when he is in the game, the ball does not rotate well, the offense become stagnate and other player must run back quickly on defense after his
"quick shots". I guess that's why he's called Nick the Quick.

Fuck his reputation, I don't like what he brings to the team.

fraga
01-22-2006, 10:48 PM
I think he's a good player...but f*ck when you're off you're off...don't try and get it going when we're down by five and there's time to get back in it....he was just f*cking up tonight...I think he relies on that 3 shot waaaaaaaaay too much instead of penetrating and making something happen...

mikeanthony21
01-22-2006, 11:12 PM
Meanwhile a promising distributive point guard, called a steal by many in the media sits and sits and sits - who by the way was a pretty good three point shooter, alas Beno will never get to show this true potential it looks like.

You never know, NickyVan might slip in his kitchen tomorrow morning and be out for the season. Voila! BENO! :hat

Marcus Bryant
01-23-2006, 01:07 AM
NVE has the green light from Pop to take those shots. He also has the ability to handle the rock against pressure, something that continues to elude Boy Beno.

T Park
01-23-2006, 01:13 AM
He also has the ability to handle the rock against pressure, something that continues to elude Boy Beno.

yuuuup.

Once again.

Without Van Exel and Mohammed giving a crap in this game, this is another Pistons like embarassing performance.

Trainwreck2100
01-23-2006, 01:23 AM

NVE has maybe two years left, we have Beno longer than that.

Brutalis
01-23-2006, 01:35 AM
Stop hiking up the f*cking 3 ball every f*cking chance you get...if you're not making them...you're not making them....at least let Tim touch the f*cking ball once....sh!t....dammit......crap...
Agreed. But there's been several NVE posts such as this to reply in instead.

TDMVPDPOY
01-23-2006, 02:15 AM
NVE thinks his kome, can throw up any shot when he feels like it :(

Dingle Barry
01-23-2006, 02:32 AM
He was 1-4 from 3, while Barry was fucking 2-9

sprrs
01-23-2006, 02:52 AM
I can't seem to remember...when exactly WAS the last time that happened...

'03 playoffs ring a bell? We got a front row seat.

FreshPrince22
01-23-2006, 03:31 AM
The problem with guys like Nick is that they hit one shot, and then think they can't miss so they get selfish. Today, Nick hit a shot with about 4 minutes to go, then proceeded to brick 3 shots in a row in the last 3 minutes. That's how guys like him are.

Gerryatrics
01-23-2006, 05:07 AM
He was 1-4 from 3, while Barry was fucking 2-9

Yeah, but a couple of Barry's threes were just jacked up to beat the shot clock. NVE was jacking up threes early in the shot clock, without a good look or without numbers in transition. Say what you will about Bones, but the Spurs played a hell of a lot better with him running the offense.

fraga
01-23-2006, 08:45 AM
Exactly...this wasn't a couple of games ago....or three months ago...that was 3 YEARS AGO...

FreshPrince22
01-23-2006, 09:02 AM

You mean the series when he shot exactly 37.5% from the floor? Hell, when he was coming off the bench in the first few games of that series he shot 32.5% on 49 shots. The guy is a bulk shooter. He has to get up a ton of shots to have one of those "on fire" moments. Otherwise they are very few and far between.

easjer
01-23-2006, 09:50 AM
The one that killed me was the one that turned the game. They'd gotten back within two with something like 3 minutes left, and he jacked one up with 20 seconds left on the shot clock from horrible position, in transition, so there was no hope of an offensive rebound, but not enough time for the defense to set. There was no way in hell it was going in. We went from down by two with a great chance to tie and take it back (momentum was swinging our way) to down by 6 in 30 seconds. And that was it. We never recovered.

Frankly, I'd really like to see a lot more Beno. He's not going to improve in that big game time unless he actually, you know, plays some. If you think he sucks that much, split his minutes with NVE and let NVE play in the crunch time (though I'll be holding my breath and shuddering the entire time).

leemajors
01-23-2006, 10:39 AM
i would rather have barry run the offense. from what i saw in the 2nd and 3rd quarters, the offense was running a lot smoother with barry handling the ball.

sprrs
01-23-2006, 11:30 AM
Exactly...this wasn't a couple of games ago....or three months ago...that was 3 YEARS AGO...

Age doesn't exactly remove one's "clutchness", ask Robert horry.

sprrs
01-23-2006, 11:32 AM
You mean the series when he shot exactly 37.5% from the floor? Hell, when he was coming off the bench in the first few games of that series he shot 32.5% on 49 shots. The guy is a bulk shooter. He has to get up a ton of shots to have one of those "on fire" moments. Otherwise they are very few and far between.

Horry doesn't exactly shoot that great of a % either

FreshPrince22
01-23-2006, 11:57 AM
So you're gonna play a guy who shoots you out of games and can't defend because he MIGHT hit a big shot for you? I don't know if I see the same things you do, but Horry, in general, makes smart plays throughout the game. He may coast, but he won't do things that hurt the team like Van Exel. Which is why Horry is second to only Tony in overall +/- on the team, and Van Exel is only better than 2 scrubs (Oberto and Marks).

sprrs
01-23-2006, 02:11 PM
I'm aware that Horry is a -much- more efficient player than Van Exel. My point is that shooting percentage doesn't necessarily affect one's ability to hit big shots.

Although yesterday's game was still winnable at the end, it only got that way because of some big shots Van Exel hit late.

Dre_7
01-23-2006, 02:17 PM
So you're gonna play a guy who shoots you out of games and can't defend because he MIGHT hit a big shot for you? I don't know if I see the same things you do, but Horry, in general, makes smart plays throughout the game. He may coast, but he won't do things that hurt the team like Van Exel. Which is why Horry is second to only Tony in overall +/- on the team, and Van Exel is only better than 2 scrubs (Oberto and Marks).

Horry absolutely SUCKED in qtrs 1, 2, and 3 in Game 5 of the Finals last year. But he stayed in the game cuz you never know when he could catch fire. Which is what happened. Had Pop pulled him cuz of his bad play, we may be talking about Detroit chasing 70 wins AND a third straight title.