PDA

View Full Version : How did you propose/get proposed to?

3rdCoast
01-22-2006, 11:46 PM
Anything fancy, out of the ordinary?

Kori Ellis
01-22-2006, 11:47 PM
I can't tell you, or timvp will lose all his street cred.

gatoloco
over the phone.

gatoloco
then on one knee later.

Samr
01-23-2006, 12:15 AM
Brothel.

angel_luv
01-23-2006, 12:16 AM

:lol :lol That doesn't make us want to hear it less.

pseudofan
01-23-2006, 12:17 AM
I told him he had to marry me and save me from the path I was on.

But seriously.....

He said "You've reached puberty right? Wanna get married?".

Zombie
01-23-2006, 12:18 AM
The pull out method didn't work, she got pregnant we got married! :smokin

Samr
01-23-2006, 12:30 AM
The pull out method didn't work....

Famous last words.

Samr
01-23-2006, 01:02 AM
did timvp cry?

Did he cut his hair?

Trainwreck2100
01-23-2006, 02:35 AM
She threatened to press charges, I thought the law was "if there's grass on the field, it's in play." Turns out it was drunk talk.

Shelly
01-23-2006, 10:37 AM
It's been so long that I don't remember.

batman2883
01-23-2006, 10:38 AM
at universal studios florida when jaws popped up

midgetonadonkey
01-23-2006, 10:43 AM
I plan on laying on the floor of my kitchen right before my girlfriend gets home and make her think I'm dead. Right before she calls 911 I will turn over with a ring in my hand and a shirt that says, "Will you marry me?" on it.

batman2883
01-23-2006, 10:45 AM
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha thats the most romantic thing ive ever heard...midge

midgetonadonkey
01-23-2006, 10:46 AM
I knew you would appreciate that Bat.

ObiwanGinobili
01-23-2006, 10:50 AM
he propsed twice.

1st time - on hte phone we'd been together for 1 month. he mumbled some words about "you & me" and "matrimony" and our futures" and blah blah. It was kinda hard to follow but i think i said yes 'cause after that we got a joint checking account and started saving dough and acting like we were gonna get married.

2nd time - after he got the ring. we went day camping with some friends. I pulled somethign in my back trying to fix the stupid broken BBQpit. so while everyone else went hiking emo rubbed my back. when I was good and only 1/2 way lucid from the great back rubbing , he pulls out the ring, gets on one knee and does the whole "your beautiful, I can;t imagine my life without you, your my everything, would yopu do me this honor?" shebang.
and I said yes again.
I will admit that we almost had a little nookie right then and there, but we reined it in nad waited till the wedding night.

ObiwanGinobili
01-23-2006, 10:50 AM
I plan on laying on the floor of my kitchen right before my girlfriend gets home and make her think I'm dead. Right before she calls 911 I will turn over with a ring in my hand and a shirt that says, "Will you marry me?" on it.

shit.
I'd say yes to that for sure.

ShoogarBear
01-23-2006, 11:28 AM
He lost it when he started growing his hair out.

CharlieMac
01-23-2006, 11:57 AM
Long story short, it was in my old apartment after a nice dinner. As I dropped to one knee and asked the question, my neighbor started pounding on my door to ask if I wanted some BBQ.

JoeChalupa
01-23-2006, 12:30 PM
My first proposal for wild hot sex with no committments was shot down.

So after a few months of heavy dating I proposed to my future wife over a meal at Ryan's. But I waited until after I made my 3rd trip to the buffet just incase she said no.

10 years later and she still gets to me. :elephant

Kori Ellis
01-23-2006, 01:20 PM
LJ and I knew/talked about getting married on the phone before we even met. I flew to San Antonio to meet him for the first time in April 2002 and we officially got engaged in May.

The engagement day was very romantic. I was taking a shower at his townhouse and when I came out, all the lights to the bedroom were out and the room was filled with red, white and pink candles. There were rose petals all over the bed along with a dozen long-stemmed red roses.

On the bed were also a few cute items: A Princess Barbie doll that he cut the hair a little shorter and colored the hair with a Sharpie so that it would look like me. Four stuffed animals dogs representing each of my dogs (I had 4 dogs when I lived in L.A.). Also a few cards that he had written some very nice things. This is when I thought he was going to propose. But that wasn't it.

After this whole presentation, we went downstairs to watch the NBA playoffs. At halftime, he went upstairs to get something then came back down. As I was walking across the room, he grabbed my hand and got on one knee. And said, "Princess, I love you so much. I love you so much. Will you marry me?" and presented the ring.

I said, "Of course" and we lived happily ever after.

2Blonde
01-23-2006, 02:10 PM
Awwwwww...... :spin

CharlieMac
01-23-2006, 10:14 PM
LJ and I knew/talked about getting married on the phone before we even met. I flew to San Antonio to meet him for the first time in April 2002 and we officially got engaged in May.

The engagement day was very romantic. I was taking a shower at his townhouse and when I came out, all the lights to the bedroom were out and the room was filled with red, white and pink candles. There were rose petals all over the bed along with a dozen long-stemmed red roses.

On the bed were also a few cute items: A Princess Barbie doll that he cut the hair a little shorter and colored the hair with a Sharpie so that it would look like me. Four stuffed animals dogs representing each of my dogs (I had 4 dogs when I lived in L.A.). Also a few cards that he had written some very nice things. This is when I thought he was going to propose. But that wasn't it.

After this whole presentation, we went downstairs to watch the NBA playoffs. At halftime, he went upstairs to get something then came back down. As I was walking across the room, he grabbed my hand and got on one knee. And said, "Princess, I love you so much. I love you so much. Will you marry me?" and presented the ring.

Damn. LJ wins.

Fatality.

01-23-2006, 10:29 PM
I loaded my bride in my car and took took her to a jewler's in Victoria and asked her to pick a ring out.

SpursWoman
01-23-2006, 10:45 PM
I never was ... I have no idea how I ended up married. :fro

easjer
01-24-2006, 11:22 AM
Ok. We had a date picked out and had begun referring to each other as fiance several months before the ring came. We were as good as engaged, but SFIE wanted to do it the old fashioned way. So of course, I printed out copies of the ring I wanted and emailed him sites to find diamond alternatives, and the list from theknot.com of awesome proposals and circled the ones I found romantic. But the proposal didn't happen. He had told me it would be after his birthday, but before our 18 month anniversary. I kind of thought it would be Valentine's Day, but it wasn't (his birthday is in March, but I thought he was throwing me off the scent). His birthday comes and goes. My birthday approaches a month after his. I started to get excited, since I'd mentioned a long time before that I thought that was cool.

And my birthday is here and we go out to dinner and . . . nothing. Now I'm starting to get a little worried, because we'd decided to get married a long time before, but we weren't 'engaged' until he proposed the old fashioned way. Was he changing his mind? What was going on? I finally asked him if he was changing his mind and he said he was not, but he really wanted to do it his own way, and I needed to let him.

At that point I was really ashamed and felt really bad when I realized how much I'd been pushing him and focusing on the proposal instead of our relationship, so I backed off. In return, he told me that he would propose before school was over.

So I went about my life and knew the proposal was coming soon, but nothing happened. Finally, the last day of finals came. I had the Senior Awards Banquet the following night, but Jason was leaving town that morning for a two week vacation at home. We went out to lunch, and grabbed Wendy's and sat in the parking lot under a tree eating. I finally took a deep breath and said that I didn't want to pressure him, but since he was leaving the next morning, what was going on? Had he changed his mind.

He sighed and said that I was gonna feel really bad when I found out what happened. And he told me the story. He'd found a white sapphire princess cut solitaire, which was just what I wanted, online. He'd ordered it with the help of a friend, but it had to be resized. The company offered to do it, but they had to send it elsewhere. Basically, the ring got lost in the mail. He'd wanted to have it to propose on my birthday, but it still hadn't arrived. The company had tracked it down and promised it would be there by May 7, but it wasn't.

So I felt awful and he laughed, and proposed to me over Wendy's, saying all the wonderful nice things men say when they ask women to marry them. He tried again, on one knee, when we actually got the ring, but we ended up just laughing, because we were stinky and dirty and sweaty from having moved him into his apartment.

That's how I ruined my husband's proposal. He still married me though, so I guess it worked out okay, and I like the story of the lost ring more than a standard proposal.

angel_luv
01-24-2006, 12:43 PM

Double Awwwwww!

Rocky Balboa
01-24-2006, 01:03 PM
Yo, I rememba like it was yestaday. After getting out of the hospital from fightin' Apollo, I's took Adrian to the Philadelphia zoo and proposed. I says ta myself,"you gotta be a moe-Ron to wanna marry ol' Rock", but she said yes.
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b381/livindeadboi/JB/Rocky/RockyII03.jpg

Adrian Balboa
01-24-2006, 01:05 PM
Yo, I rememba like it was yestaday. After getting out of the hospital from fightin' Apollo, I's took Adrian to the Philadelphia zoo and proposed. I says ta myself,"you gotta be a moe-Ron to wanna marry ol' Rock", but she said yes.

Oh, how could I forget? :spin

Paulie
01-24-2006, 01:09 PM
Hey, I'm the one who hooked yous both togetha, remember that. What thanks do I get?

Mixability
01-24-2006, 01:36 PM
whats the troll forum for again?

TNT21
01-24-2006, 08:04 PM
Waikiki beach, on a full moon. It was pretty romantic. What can I say, I'm pretty much the most romantic person I know!