PDA

View Full Version : Parenting Advice From The Childless

pseudofan
01-23-2006, 12:15 AM
Why can't parents just raise their damn kids instead?

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

I love it! Like it's just a piece of cake to protect your kids from everything that's out there now. Especially with the internet. Yeah, you can install parental control programs, but really, how long do you think it will take for them to figure out a way around that shit? Kids aren't dumb, and are way more wordly than when we were young. And so are their friends. What they cant' figure out on their own, they will get help with from their friends. Whether it's hacking into a computer, uninstalling programs, stealing music files, etc....

It's not easy to be a good parent. I know that for a fact because I am one. You practically have to hate everyone (especially if you have girls) just to get through a day without exposing your kids to some sicko! I promise to kill anyone that touches my kids. I swear. And I don't make it a secret either.

Kids are really smart. Just look at the classes they have to take in Elementary. Algebra? In elementary? Shit I didn't have to take that until my last year in high school!

Parenting advice from the childless totally makes me laugh. Everytime I hear someone without kids (or children they are responsible for) talk about how to be a good parent, it reminds me of a girl I've worked with for a very long time. We were throwing a baby shower for a girl in the office and at the time my now 16 year old daughter was 2. Well, my daughter wanted to see all the pretty gifts and eventually asked if she could help open them. And my co-worker leans over to me and says "you should just hit her". Well, now 14 years later she has two boys of her own that are completely out of control. She looks worn and beyond her years. I think her kids are like 10 and 7 or something. They don't listen to a damn thing she or her husband say. I LOVE IT! Once when I ran into them at a gathering, and her kids were running rampant, I said to her "you should just hit them". She looked like she wanted to cry :lol :lol :lol :lol

So just you be careful what you say, it may come back to bite you on the ass! And I assure you that others will relish in your despair.

SpursWoman
01-23-2006, 07:16 AM
:tu :tu :lol

Oh, yes ... no one is human, either. Once you become a parent four more sets of eyes sprout out of your head and you acquire this phenomonal ability to never get tired or sick. It's unbelievable.

And you also become a computer geek as soon as the umbilical cord it cut. Knowing everything there is to know about the internet and every piece of software or gadget out there to fix it, hack it, etc. So your kids will never, ever be able to outsmart you. Well, they couldn't anyway...cuz they are never smarter about certain things than their parent.

travis2
01-23-2006, 07:57 AM
And another :tu:tu pseudo...

MannyIsGod
01-23-2006, 08:04 AM
Well, you all can take those thumbs and stick them where the sun doesn't shine, because I don't think I was giving advice to anyone. The origional post was about government regulation of the internet for the protection of the children.

Yes, I think it is a parents responsiblity and not the governments to monitor what their child watches on TV and on the internet.

Are you all going to disagree with me on that?

travis2
01-23-2006, 08:08 AM
I was just speaking generally, Manny. And yeah, I don't care for people telling me how to raise my kids, because I think I do a pretty damn good job. Not saying you were telling me I wasn't, just agreeing/commiserating with pseudo.

Lighten up a little!

So where's this thread? I don't go into the Politics sewer much anymore...

MannyIsGod
01-23-2006, 08:09 AM
Its the myspace thread in here.

travis2
01-23-2006, 09:39 AM
Its the myspace thread in here.

Ah...ohbeekaybee...thanks!