PDA

View Full Version : Tell me, fellow San Antonians...

Oh, Gee!!
01-23-2006, 12:46 PM
who serves the best pizza in town? This is not a poll, I just want some ideas for the next time I'm in the mood for 'za.

davi78239
01-23-2006, 12:58 PM
I like Grant Street and Goombas from what I've tasted. A lot of people say Big Lou's is good and that other one on Broadway(forgot what it's called), but haven't tried those.

MrChug
01-23-2006, 01:03 PM
Pizza Italia @ Jones Maltsberger & Thousand Oaks. I call it hands down the best pizza in SATX. I recommend it all the time and have never gotten anything less than a rave ass review and the proverbial "How did you find it!". It's a Mom N Pop that has been in the area for a while. Awesome moderately priced pizza and tons of imported beers and wines too. A jeans and t-shirt place. Enjoy it and relax. I love pizza and reeeeeeaaallly gave Goomba's a chance. Ummm :oops

Shelly
01-23-2006, 01:09 PM
Main Street Pizza is pretty damn good.

YourConscience
01-23-2006, 01:11 PM
You should have a salad instead.

:angel

ObiwanGinobili
01-23-2006, 01:14 PM
I like Grant street.

pache100
01-23-2006, 02:16 PM
who serves the best pizza in town? This is not a poll, I just want some ideas for the next time I'm in the mood for 'za.

It's not in San Antonio...the best pizza by far in this area is Catalano's in Cibolo. We go just about every Wednesday night for the buffet. It's a little hole-in-the wall place in one of those old storefronts at the railroad tracks in old downtown Cibolo. He'll make any kind you want for the buffet. It's probably the best pizza I have had in 30 years, I know it's the best I've ever had in Texas.

If you live near Cibolo or find yourself in the area, try it. The barbecue place right next door, Harmon's is outstanding, too.

If you go into Catalano's, check out the fish tanks and the lizards and geckos in the back room...fascinating! (they have a baby gecko, born around Christmas, that looks exactly like the Geico gecko...wonder if he has a British accent, too?)

midgetonadonkey
01-23-2006, 02:24 PM
Has anyone had the Pizza Patron on Military. I want to try it just because of the name.

T-Pain
01-23-2006, 02:41 PM
Papa Johns Pizza on Fredericksburg Rd.

Kdfelicity
01-23-2006, 02:56 PM
Double Dave's and Rome's are good choices.

But...Mr. Chug is right. Pizza Italia gets my vote for Best Pizza around...