PDA

View Full Version : student wearing Broncos jersey forced to take test on floor

Pistons < Spurs
01-23-2006, 05:44 PM
WTF..................

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AvNX7R11TL28w48LmciqZcWT2bYF?slug=ap-jerseylesson&prov=ap&type=lgns

BEAVER FALLS, Pa. (AP) -- A 17-year-old high school student said he was humiliated when a teacher made him sit on the floor during a midterm exam in his ethnicity class -- for wearing a Denver Broncos jersey.

The teacher, John Kelly, forced Joshua Vannoy to sit on the floor and take the test Friday -- two days before the Pittsburgh Steelers beat the Broncos 34-17 in the AFC championship game. Kelly also made other students throw crumpled up paper at Vannoy, whom he called a "stinking Denver fan," Vannoy told The Associated Press on Monday.

Kelly said Vannoy, a junior at Beaver Area Senior High School, just didn't get the joke.

"If he felt uncomfortable, then that's a lesson; that's what (the class) is designed to do," Kelly told The Denver Post. "It was silly fun. I can't believe he was upset."

Vannoy was wearing a No. 7 Broncos jersey on Friday, because he is a fan of John Elway, the Broncos' retired Hall of Fame quarterback.

Vannoy said he was so unnerved he left at least 20 questions blank on the 60-question test, and just wants out of Kelly's class because he's afraid the teacher won't treat him fairly now that the story reached the media.

"I'm going to have to deal with him for two more nine weeks (school quarters) and he's going to want revenge somehow," Vannoy said Monday. "I took the test. I'm shaking. I'm furious. I didn't know what to do."

Kelly, who wore a Ben Roethlisberger jersey Friday, and his principal, Thomas Karczewski, didn't immediately return messages left on their school voice mail Monday.

Big Beaver Falls Area School District Superintendent Donna Nugent said she was aware of the situation, but said confidentiality rules prevent her from commenting specifically.

"We'll take whatever action we need to in order for the student to feel comfortable," Nugent said.

3rdCoast
01-23-2006, 05:53 PM
Good.

That is what Kia and Fluffy should have done to them for praising a team that is known for choking.

Horry For 3!
01-23-2006, 06:36 PM
John Elway :smokin

Brutalis
01-23-2006, 07:04 PM
That teacher needs a swift kick to the gonads.

Vashner
01-23-2006, 07:19 PM
Hopefully the teacher will face administrative punishment. 1 week suspension and mark in record at least.

chode_regulator
01-23-2006, 07:41 PM
all ih ave to say is

bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

that kid got owned. :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant

mookie2001
01-23-2006, 09:00 PM
CReg remember when you wore a kobe jersey to school and you got pushed into that puddle and got all wet?
then you left because you were wet

ALVAREZ6
01-23-2006, 09:07 PM
:lol

fuck, I start midterms tomorrow....

Trooper 2112
01-23-2006, 10:12 PM
Vannoy said he was so unnerved he left at least 20 questions blank on the 60-question test, and just wants out of Kelly's class because he's afraid the teacher won't treat him fairly now that the story reached the media.

:lmao what a pussy...

koopa
01-24-2006, 12:53 AM
if a teacher did that to me i'd jab that teacher in the mouth and then stick my pen or pencil in his eye ball and say you don't like diference of opinions then kiss my ......

T-Pain
01-24-2006, 05:42 AM
sucks for the kid lol

Wallace ²
01-26-2006, 08:24 AM
It makes a little bit of sense. This is an ethnicity class and the teacher could have been teaching about Jim Crow laws. When I took a racial diversity class in college, the first day the prof had all of the non whites sit in the hall. Half of them left, but the other half that stayed there the whole class period got 100 pts extra credit because it was a demonstration on segregation. The Prof did give the white students a chance to earn extra credit as well just to even things out.

McKenzie
01-26-2006, 05:38 PM
That teacher needs a swift kick to the gonads.

My thoughts, exactly. If I'd have done this, my ass would have been fired, like pronto. Total bullshit. In Texas, we aren't supposed at allow the jersey, one way or another, unless it's the Friday before Super Bowl and teachers sponsor the event. But, no matter what, you cannot humiliate a kid for his/her thoughts and/or affiliations. That fucking teacher should have been fired. End of story. Disregard the Bronco shirt. The actions taken are considered, nationwide, as bullying and thusly tantamount to expulsion. And that's if we are talking about kid-to-kid bullying. I've never known a teacher fucking stupid enough to pull a stunt like that.

Bring his sorry ass down here. Watch him beg to keep his job. He'd be working at Home Depot....not that there is anything wrong with that.....by the end of the day...... if Home Depot didn't kick his ass outside.

Total bullshit. I've worn MY Denver Donco's shirt to work before......:rolleyes

McKenzie
01-26-2006, 05:43 PM
Hopefully the teacher will face administrative punishment. 1 week suspension and mark in record at least.

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! A suspension? Fire that fuck head. I promise you that if that had happened in Texas, he'd be fired. Fire his ass. College lessons are one thing. A high school kid who probably lived in Denver can wear whatever fucking jersey he wants. He's a kid for crying out loud.

Extra Stout
01-26-2006, 06:12 PM
It was an ethnicity class.

The kid got singled out for being different. He "suffered" for failing to conform to the majority. That was the point. Hello, people.

But, yeah, the teacher screwed up. That exercise was too sophisticated for people to understand.

Marklar MM
01-26-2006, 06:26 PM
Kid got what he deserved. And as said, it was an ethinicty class, and easily could demonstrate racism.

Obstructed_View
01-26-2006, 10:04 PM
If you wear a jersey into enemy territory, you'd better be ready for whatever happens.

Oscar DeLa
01-27-2006, 08:35 PM
I don't know what it is but I can't clame that teacher

hussker
01-27-2006, 09:02 PM
that student is a big fat PUSSY

just like the broncos :lmao

GO BRONCOS...Take state! (Fucking should not be hard, they would play the friggin MUFFS)

hussker
01-27-2006, 09:05 PM
Kid got what he deserved. And as said, it was an ethinicty class, and easily could demonstrate racism.

OR...as Reggie "EARS" Miller called it on ESPN Radio...

an "ETHNISISSITY" class

Dumb @$$

hussker
01-27-2006, 09:11 PM
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! A suspension? Fire that fuck head. I promise you that if that had happened in Texas, he'd be fired. Fire his ass. College lessons are one thing. A high school kid who probably lived in Denver can wear whatever fucking jersey he wants. He's a kid for crying out loud.

My wife made an astute observation today...seems all the criminals (except for the TDCJ criminals that I work around) wear ORANGE...

Coincidence? I think not!!!!

BOOK'EM HORNS!!!!

By the way...I reminded HER that the TDCJ criminals I treat in clinic everyday are dressed in white...somewhat like the YELL LEADERS, only without the aTm on the pocket.

WHOOP!

Does that mean that in the world of crime, aTm is better represented and the Horns are dissed? Ponder that one...