PDA

View Full Version : What is it going to take to get Tim to shoot more?

tim_duncan_fan
01-23-2006, 07:19 PM
He doesn't seem to understand that at times the team will still revolve around him and he will need to score more for us to win. He's getting used to Tony being the leader and he seems scared to shoot most of the time. I think that he should have about 25 FGAs/game.

sa_butta
01-23-2006, 07:25 PM
Tony Parker will have to shoot less and pass more. But because Paker is getting the penetration and open shots he will take them. Duncan will get less chance and poorer shots with double teams.

Vashner
01-23-2006, 07:27 PM
Put time on ice...

TDfan2007
01-23-2006, 08:40 PM
He doesn't seem to understand that at times the team will still revolve around him and he will need to score more for us to win. He's getting used to Tony being the leader and he seems scared to shoot most of the time. I think that he should have about 25 FGAs/game.

He'd need to swap brains with Kobe to shoot 25 FGA a game. I was thinking more around 18. That bank shot of his that he's known for has been absolutely worthless this year btw. I'm not sure if you guys noticed that.

leemajors
01-23-2006, 09:13 PM
if duncan is taking 25 shots against double teams he's not gonna score any more. he takes what shots he can without forcing up trash. if we can make more outside shots it will free him up, but that hasn't happened against good teams lately. we can still eke out wins, but we need to prove we can consistently hit outside shots so our offense is freed up.

dbreiden83080
01-23-2006, 09:20 PM
A healthy right foot will get him to be more aggressive.

ducks
01-23-2006, 10:03 PM
when tp is not almost leading the nba in field goal %

when duncan is healthy

SenorSpur
01-23-2006, 10:05 PM
I'd like to see Tim trail TP on his way to the basket and when defenses collapse on him, dish the ball back to Tim for an easy dunk. Kinda like Amare trails Nash on his forays to the basket