PDA

View Full Version : Evans' Agent Requests Trade Out Of Seattle

SenorSpur
01-23-2006, 10:26 PM
Evans' Agent Requests Trade Out Of Seattle
23rd January, 2006 - 11:31 am
Tacoma News-Tribune - The agent for Seattle SuperSonics forward Reggie Evans has asked general manager Rick Sund to trade his client.

Dan Fegan, at Sunday’s game against Phoenix at US Airways Arena, said that since new Sonics coach Bob Hill does not want to play Evans, he recently approached Sund and asked that his client be dealt to a team that could better use his services.

“Reggie wants to stay in Seattle, he likes Seattle,” Fegan said. “But clearly there is not a role for Reggie on this team. With that said, we would prefer the team trade him to a place that can better utilize his skills.”

Sund, on the trip with the team, confirmed that Fegan had made the request but declined to comment further.

:fro

I wonder what it would take to pry this guy loose from Seattle. While it's ludicrous to think he has the size needed to replace either Rasho or Nazr, I do believe his toughness and rebounding prowess could be just the key to help us in the playoffs. Especially should we run into the Pistons in Finals rematch.

After all, I remember Pop indicating that he's quite worried about the Spurs getting their asses kicked on the boards. The two games versus Detroit were prime examples of that.

Brutalis
01-23-2006, 11:02 PM
Well if he can fix his attitude I'm sure Pop would try to get him. But, I don't see it happening.

ChumpDumper
01-23-2006, 11:07 PM
I'm not sure approving a trade to the Spurs to be at best the fourth big man is what Evans has in mind at this point in his career.

Minutes = money.

Kori Ellis
01-23-2006, 11:27 PM
Dan Fegan,

End of negotiations.

exstatic
01-23-2006, 11:34 PM
^^^^Exactly. Fegan and Pop have a history, and it isn't good. Cross Reggie Evans off of your wish lists.

ChumpDumper
01-23-2006, 11:38 PM
[Still mourning what might have been]
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20060123/capt.dtp10201230039.rockets_pistons_basketball_dtp 102.jpg

Well, I guess Noel will look good without Brandon Hunter stealing all his boards. This trading for an athletic big seems like a dead end.

Of course, so did trading Malik.....

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-24-2006, 12:02 AM
Dan Fegan

See Jackson, Stephen. Contract negotiations. Good fucking riddance.

Gerryatrics
01-24-2006, 12:31 AM
If Reggie is going anywhere it's probably Portland, Evans was Nate McMillan's pet project. Nate took what would otherwise be a complete scrub, installed pure hustle and turned him into a rebounding machine. He's more or less worthless when it comes to scoring, though he'll sometimes get double digits with tip-ins and put-backs alone, but he's on the ball like a bull dog when he's on the defensive end of the court.

Vashner
01-24-2006, 12:38 AM
Use the NBA forum for this Evans and Oneil shit...

Are they spurs?