PDA

View Full Version : Barkley gets into brawl at local bar

Pistons < Spurs
01-24-2006, 12:26 PM
http://thebirminghamtimes.com/News/article/article.asp?NewsID=65606&sID=4

Former NBA basketball great, Charles Barkley and two of his colleagues walked into an On Tap Sports Bar and Grill located on Highway 31 in Hoover to have a couple of drinks on Sunday, January 15. Shortly after sitting down, according to an eyewitness, someone purposely threw a plastic cup at the six foot six NBA legend. Barkley immediately got up and, without hesitation, initiated a physical altercation with a Caucasian male sitting next to the young man who originally threw the cup.

Hoover police were called shortly after, but reportedly no one was severely injured or arrested and no charges were pressed against Barkley. Deputy Chief A.C. Roper of the Hoover Police Department stated to The Birmingham Times that there were many conflicting stories told by eyewitnesses about how the very brief brawl got started. However, all eyewitnesses do agree that Charles Barkley was taunted which resulted in a confrontation.

Known for his temper on and off the basketball court, Barkley has had numerous bar scuffles across the country but has never been convicted or found liable in civil suits.

sa_butta
01-24-2006, 12:31 PM
What is with people throwing cups at basketball players?
Stupid asses.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
01-24-2006, 08:12 PM
It's like those 2 guys who started trouble with Mike Tyson in an elevator, and got the living hell beat out of them.

ABDENOUR POWER
01-24-2006, 08:57 PM
Charles Artest. :lol

AZLouis
01-24-2006, 10:06 PM

Now we'll have to wait and see if Round Mound of Sound will request a trade to ESPN Ocho.

T-Pain
01-24-2006, 11:32 PM

more like Ron Barkley

mavsfan1000
01-25-2006, 01:35 AM
Proof that Barkley is an idiot. The guy is talented but a dumbass.

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-25-2006, 02:12 AM

'Cause I'm sure you would have just taken it.

mavsfan1000
01-25-2006, 02:42 AM
'Cause I'm sure you would have just taken it.
yeah I don't lose my temper so easily though I've never been tested but Barkley does alot of stupid things.

Obstructed_View
01-25-2006, 09:21 AM
yeah I don't lose my temper so easily though I've never been tested but Barkley does alot of stupid things.
But at least he speaks the truth about the Mavericks. I'm sure that has nothing to do with your view on this issue.

Phenomanul
01-25-2006, 10:34 AM
But at least he speaks the truth about the Mavericks. I'm sure that has nothing to do with your view on this issue.
:lol :lol

nkdlunch
01-25-2006, 11:59 AM

defending yourself is proof that you're an idiot??? no wonder you're a Mav fan

Despot
01-25-2006, 12:22 PM
Mavs fans sure do hate Barkley now. Get a grip, Barkley rips on all teams from time to time and the fans don't get all upset and want to crucify him like the mavs fans, there must be something more to this. My theory? I think it may be caused by sand in their vaginas.

Obstructed_View
01-25-2006, 01:11 PM
Mavs fans sure do hate Barkley now. Get a grip, Barkley rips on all teams from time to time and the fans don't get all upset and want to crucify him like the mavs fans, there must be something more to this. My theory? I think it may be caused by sand in their vaginas.
They repeat whatever their moron owner says. There are very few original thoughts up here when it comes to the Mavericks. Dallas just isn't a basketball town. Cowboys fans can speak critically of the Cowboys because they want the team to win, but Mavs fans are cult members for little frankenstein's party machine.

mavsfan1000
01-25-2006, 03:45 PM

Mavs hate Barkley as much as the spurs hate Stephen A. Smith. The spurs were once a regular season team as well. See 1995. They finally added some defense and that is what won them their first title. The mavs are doing the same thing now.

ALVAREZ6
01-25-2006, 03:52 PM
Charles should have whooped his ass.

Big Pimp_21
01-25-2006, 04:20 PM
This is just another reason not to sit next to a guy with who may throw a cup. Its always the guy sitting next him that gets his ass kicked. (see Artest)

Obstructed_View
01-25-2006, 05:01 PM
Mavs hate Barkley as much as the spurs hate Stephen A. Smith. The spurs were once a regular season team as well. See 1995. They finally added some defense and that is what won them their first title. The mavs are doing the same thing now.
The '95 Spurs had three of the best defenders in the league, one first team all-defense, one first team all-defense and MVP. One of them was third in the league in blocks and the other led the league in rebounds. What defense did they add to that again?

Vashner
01-25-2006, 05:39 PM
He should of paid someone (bodyguard) to kick his ass..

Like just snap the fingers...

Guess he's not that rich anymore...

mikejones99
01-26-2006, 12:46 AM
He should go out with Stephen Jackson next time. If the cops let Barkley beat the shit out of these people this kind of thing will end and even Detroit fans will be careful.