PDA

View Full Version : Oh Goodie: Halliburton Subsidiary Contracted to Build Mass U.S. Detention Facilities

Nbadan
01-24-2006, 05:28 PM
W's final solution?

http://www.columban.org/magazine/6-04_images/cullen.jpg
Illegal Immigrant? Liberal? Anti-War?

SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) -- KBR, the engineering and construction subsidiary of Halliburton Co. (HAL) , said Tuesday it has been awarded a contingency contract from the Department of Homeland Security to supports its Immigration and Customs Enforcement facilities in the event of an emergency. The maximum total value of the contract is $385 million and consists of a 1-year base period with four 1-year options. KBR held the previous ICE contract from 2000 through 2005. The contract, which is effective immediately, provides for establishing temporary detention and processing capabilities to expand existing ICE Detention and Removal Operations Program facilities in the event of an emergency influx of immigrants into the U.S., or to support the rapid development of new programs, KBR said. The contract may also provide migrant detention support to other government organizations in the event of an immigration emergency, as well as the development of a plan to react to a national emergency, such as a natural disaster, the company said.

Market Watch (http://www.marketwatch.com/news/newsfinder/pulseone.asp?dateid=38741.5136277662-858254656&siteID=mktw&scid=0&doctype=806&)

Emergency influx of Immigrant situations? Who the Fuck are they kidding?

:hat

Neuromancer
01-24-2006, 05:37 PM
When will the common american realize that this is all a contingency plan to lock up and murder our own people?

They cover up such actions with explanations which are "acceptable". Every step of the way the noose gets tigher, tighter. What will the blind say when that noose is choking the life out of them? Hopefully I will not be alive to witness such a sad sight.

Neuromancer
01-24-2006, 05:40 PM
The camps are being built countryside for a multitude of reasons. They are telling us they are making the camps. They realize that, as a whole, we are that stupid.

xrayzebra
01-24-2006, 05:43 PM
The camps are being built countryside for a multitude of reasons. They are telling us they are making the camps. They realize that, as a whole, we are that stupid.

And when are they coming to pick you up? I know a booking agent that
can get you a nice soft bed in Arizona. Or better yet, you can man the
goodwill wagon for the Mexican troops that keep coming onto our
territory.

Get a life and quit acting stupid!

Nbadan
01-24-2006, 05:45 PM
And when are they coming to pick you up? I know a booking agent that
can get you a nice soft bed in Arizona. Or better yet, you can man the
goodwill wagon for the Mexican troops that keep coming onto our
territory.

Get a life and quit acting stupid!

:lol

Mexican troops coming into our area? :lol

So now were gonna lock up the Mexican Army for chasing Drug dealers into U.S. territory?

Neuromancer
01-24-2006, 05:48 PM
The mass immigration from Mexico is a problem for the common United States citizen. But don't let shortsightedness dominate your perception.

They even use the word "camp"

xrayzebra
01-24-2006, 05:53 PM
^^does anyone know what this guy is saying? Problem for the "common" US
citizen. "Shortsightedness" dominate your perception.

Neuromancer
01-24-2006, 05:55 PM
The worst decisions are made based on obsolete assumptions.

xrayzebra
01-24-2006, 06:01 PM
:lol

Mexican troops coming into our area? :lol

So now were gonna lock up the Mexican Army for chasing Drug dealers into U.S. territory?

You know Dan, did you read my little article I posted earlier.

Texas Officers Involved in Standoff at Border

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

SIERRA BLANCA, Texas — Men dressed as Mexican Army soldiers, apparent drug suspects and Texas law enforcement officers faced off near the U.S.-Mexican border after three suspicious SUVs attempted to flee state authorities, officials said Tuesday.

Andrea Simmons, an agency spokeswoman in El Paso, told The Associated Press that Texas Department of Public Safety troopers chased three SUVs, believing they were carrying drugs, to the banks of the Rio Grande during Monday's incident.

Men dressed in Mexican military uniforms or camouflage were on the U.S. side of the border in Texas, she said.

Simmons said the FBI was not involved and referred requests for further details to U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

The Inland Valley Daily Bulletin of Ontario, Calif., reported Tuesday that the incident included an armed standoff involving the Mexican military and suspected drug smugglers. The incident follows a story in the Bulletin on Jan. 15 that said the Mexican military had crossed into the United States more than 200 times since 1996.

In a news conference, Rick Glancey of the Texas Border Sheriff's Coalition, said three Hudspeth County deputies and at least two Texas Department of Public Safety troopers squared off against at least 10 heavily armed men from the Mexican side of the Rio Grande.

U.S. officials who pursued three fleeing SUVs to the Mexican border saw what appeared to be a Mexican military Humvee help one of the SUVs when it got stuck in the river, he said.

When that didn't work, a group of men dressed in civilian clothes started unloading what appeared to be bundles of marijuana from the SUV, and the stuck vehicle was then torched, he said. A second SUV had a flat tire and was left behind in the United States and its occupant ran across the border, he said.

Glancey said he could not confirm whether the armed men seen at the site were Mexican Army, police officers, or drug dealers, and would not detail what markings deputies may have seen on the men's uniforms or the Humvee.

Chief Deputy Mike Doyal of the Hudspeth County Sheriff's Department said that Mexican army personnel had several mounted machine guns on the ground more than 200 yards inside the U.S. border, the Daily Bulletin newspaper reported earlier.

"It's been so bred into everyone not to start an international incident with Mexico that it's been going on for years," Doyal said. "When you're up against mounted machine guns, what can you do? Who wants to pull the trigger first? Certainly not us."

Hudspeth County Sheriff Arvin West, whose officers were involved in a similar incident last year, said he is certain that Mexican authorities know who was involved.

After the newspaper reported on Mexican military crossings earlier this month, Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff said the report was overblown and most of the incursions were just mistakes.

In eastern California, Arizona and New Mexico, the U.S.-Mexico border is largely unmarked. But in Texas, the Rio Grande separates the two countries and even when dry, is a riverbed about 200 feet wide.

In November, Doyal said Border Patrol agents in the border town of Fort Hancock called for help after confronting more than six men dressed in Mexican military uniforms. The men allegedly were trying to bring more than three tons of marijuana across the Rio Grande, Doyal told the newspaper.

Now, I don't think you would say they were "chasing" annyone, except
the almight dollar.

Dos
01-24-2006, 06:11 PM
yes dan will ignore the article cause it's not from the NYT or some other looney left website....

Nbadan
01-24-2006, 06:29 PM
yes dan will ignore the article cause it's not from the NYT or some other looney left website....

:rolleyes

If this article is so credible than why is Xrayzebra so afraid to post a link? No doubt is from a looney right-wing site repeating a report from another right-wing propaganda site, a report mind you that has already been debunked by U.S. authorities, the Mexican government and US consulates office in Mexico. If you would like me to go to the trouble of providing you links to prove my case I will, but for now, I have more important things to do.

xrayzebra
01-24-2006, 09:51 PM
Dan, the following is for your edification. AP is not what I would call a right
wing propaganda site.

© Associated Press. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Copyright 2006 FOX News Network, LLC. All rights reserved.
All market data delayed 20 minutes.

The link is:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,182650,00.html

Now, tell me all about the U.S. Authorities and Mexican Government and U.S.
Consulate. I will take a sheriffs word and DPS troopers word before any of the
above "authorities". And don't bother providing links to your rinkie dink left
leaning sites.

Put your pink shades on and get on with your important things. We will wake you
when we need you.

xrayzebra
01-25-2006, 10:45 AM
And then you have this sort of thing from our friends to the South.
Dan, this was taken from the right wing unit of the Republican party BBC

Mexican migrants to get US maps
A Mexican government agency is to issue some 70,000 maps marking main roads and water tanks for people wanting to cross illegally into the US.
The National Human Rights Commission says the maps will be aimed at cutting the death toll among migrants.

US advocates of tougher border controls have criticised the move, saying it will encourage illegal immigration.

Relations between the US and Mexico have cooled recently over US plans to build a fence on parts of the border.

The map plan is backed by Humane Borders, a US-based organisation which operates about 70 emergency water stations near the 3,200-km (2,000-mile) border.

'Not helpful

Launching the project in Mexico City, officials from Mexico's Human Rights Commission (HRC) flatly denied they were trying to encourage greater migration.

"The only thing we are trying to do is warn them of the risks they face and where to get water, so they don't die," said Mauricio Farah of the HRC.
But a spokesman for the US homeland security department said maps would not improve safety for those trying to cross the border.

"It is not helpful for anyone, no matter how well intended they might be, to produce road maps that lead aliens into the desolate and dangerous areas along the border, and potentially invite criminal activity, human exploitation and personal risk," said Russ Knocke.

Each year thousands of Mexicans breach the frontier and attempt to cross the parched Sonoran Desert.

Some 500 died last year while making the journey, the HRC said.

Last year the Mexican government issued comic-book style pamphlets warning of the dangers of illegal migration, while also giving advice on how to stay safe.

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/2/hi/americas/4645782.stm

Published: 2006/01/25 08:47:21 GMT

© BBC MMVI

ChumpDumper
01-25-2006, 10:50 AM
Lighten up X. Someone has to raise our government officials' kids.

xrayzebra
01-25-2006, 03:36 PM
bump for Dan's convience.

xrayzebra
01-25-2006, 05:53 PM
Another Bump for Dan. He thinks that anyone can buy a Humvee in Mexico with
mounted 50 cal machine guns.....I want to see his rinkie dink sites to explain this.

Come on Dan, give it your best shot.

Nbadan
01-25-2006, 05:59 PM

Don't hijack this thread with crazy conspiracy theories.

xrayzebra
01-25-2006, 06:15 PM

Don't hijack this thread with crazy conspiracy theories.

Huh? Do you ever watch the real news? You have lost all relevance to these
threads. Hijack, that is a Mexican thing isn't it? Their government almost
bankrupt the country in the 70's and looks like they will again.

You are such a twerp. pseudo-intellect.

Vashner
01-25-2006, 06:17 PM
NBADan you retard..

This is why I don't think you actually LIVE in Texas...

Dubya did a lot for the migrants in terms of the processing when he was Governer. And if he wanted to the border would of been militarized a long time ago.

Dumbass...