PDA

View Full Version : Anyone see the MIN/DET game?

Brutalis
01-24-2006, 10:19 PM
:rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes

If I was KG I would have knocked the shit out of the refs. Each and every one of them. But I guess good teams get good calls.

mike detroit
01-24-2006, 10:21 PM
yeah if a few calls had gone the other way, they would have lost by 16 or 17 at most.

Brutalis
01-24-2006, 10:23 PM
True. The calls didn't decide the outcome of the game. But KG got fucked is what I'm saying.

mike detroit
01-24-2006, 10:24 PM
True. The calls didn't decide the outcome of the game. But KG got fucked is what I'm saying.

they definately were letting sheed guard him very tight. some of the blocks could have been fouls, but they seemed to be calling those the same both ways.

Brutalis
01-24-2006, 10:26 PM
Nah. Sheed is no KG and for them to screw KG over, and over, and over, at his house was a weak ass way to ref a game..

But you are Pistons fan so I don't expect you to admit that much.

mike detroit
01-24-2006, 10:29 PM
Nah. Sheed is no KG

what does that even mean? I never said sheed was KG, just that the refs were letting him(rasheed) get away with some contact when he guarded him. KG probably could have got them to call it if he'd pushed the issue more, but right now he doesn't seem like he really even wants to be out there.

Marklar MM
01-24-2006, 10:29 PM
:). In my mind, the refs tried very hard to keep Minny in the game.

Brutalis
01-24-2006, 10:35 PM
Minny sucks, they got owned. I'm not defending them. I'm just defending KG. Now, if that had been Duncan, these boards would be crawling with humid and pissed Spur fans. That's all.

Why should KG have to argue his case? He obviously was so stunned he just felt like, fuck it then.

ABDENOUR POWER
01-24-2006, 10:42 PM
Did you see Amir Johnson's windmill dunk? Talk about a sick way to score your first career basket!

mike detroit
01-24-2006, 10:43 PM
Minny sucks, they got owned. I'm not defending them. I'm just defending KG. Now, if that had been Duncan, these boards would be crawling with humid and pissed Spur fans. That's all.

Why should KG have to argue his case? He obviously was so stunned he just felt like, fuck it then.

I never said he should have to argue either, though at least this time you just misunderstood instead of flat out putting words in my mouth. I said he should push the issue, as in, you know, be aggressive.

the funny part is, over on the RealGM boards, the some of the T wolves fans were joking about how one-sided the refs were in Minnesota's favor.

A Serbian Beast
01-24-2006, 10:44 PM
darko started that play....

mike detroit
01-24-2006, 10:50 PM
did either of you see the dunk that Evans got the tech for? horrible camera work there, they didn't even show that end of the court until he was already hanging on the rim.

FreshPrince22
01-24-2006, 10:58 PM
:rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes

If I was KG I would have knocked the shit out of the refs. Each and every one of them. But I guess good teams get good calls.

You obviously just caught the 2nd half. We got a few make ups for a full first half of attrocious calls against us. Someone obviously pointed it out to them at halftime. Either way, this is a 20 point game even if you give Minny every call possible.

And how about Chauncey. 0-8 to start the game for 3 points. In about 15 minutes he hit 6 of 8 threes, a few 2's and ended up with 27 points. He left the game early because it was a blowout at that point. Chauncey outscored the Wolves in the 3rd 18-13.

Amir's windmill was crazy. Mo is an animal. And don't look now, but Darko has hit all 5 of his last 5 shots. 3 of them have been 20 footers. The problem is he's so unselfish, so it looks like he's not "into it" because he likes setting other people up (shows in 5 assists in his last 20 minutes of play).

Darko's last 4 games:
20 minutes, 10 points (5 of 5 FG), 7 rebounds, 5 assists, 1 steal

I think he's earned a few decent minutes.

Brutalis
01-24-2006, 11:07 PM
Um.

I'm talking about KG only.

Not any other player on the court.

You don't give "makeup" calls against the best player on the court in KG. Maybe on Wally or some other scrub but not him.

Detroit waxed them no doubt, but KG got waxed by the refs. And with his mellow I don't give a shit anymore attitude I bet he demands a trade soon.

FreshPrince22
01-24-2006, 11:12 PM
Um.

I'm talking about KG only.

Not any other player on the court.

You don't give "makeup" calls against the best player on the court in KG. Maybe on Wally or some other scrub but not him.

Detroit waxed them no doubt, but KG got waxed by the refs. And with his mellow I don't give a shit anymore attitude I bet he demands a trade soon.

OK then, what calls are you talking about? That one travel call was questionable (should have been a no call). What others are you referring to? He didn't even look to attack the basket most of the game. He was shooting jumpers or getting dunks in transition.

SlasherX
01-24-2006, 11:55 PM
Great way to get your 1st Pro points.

Darko Steal
Amir Dunk
Darko Block
Evans Dunk (Bad Camera Work by Wb)

Video:
http://rapidshare.de/files/11774879/AmirDunk.SlasherX.avi.html

Mirror:
http://s59.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=10ELFVJSPHK7F31KJIDB87XLUR

JamStone
01-25-2006, 12:15 AM
Tayshaun got called for a five second call while he was backing down Wally Szczerbiak. I have never seen that call made when the offensive player with the ball actually was making a move towards the basket. On a shortly subsequent play, Tayshaun was called for a walk out of no where.

I know your point is that superstars like KG should get the benefit of the doubt. That just shows your bias towards a "star" dominated league. No player, superstar or not, should be immune to calls or get the majority of the benefit of the calls. I know it happens. I know when Tim Duncan is aggressive to in attacking the rim, he'll get a foul call most of the time, even if it's a 50/50 call. When there is a lot of contact on a block, Ben Wallace will get the benefit of the call when it's 50/50, and the refs will say it's clean ... unless it's against Shaq or Duncan or the like.

But, just because the Pistons, and specifically Rasheed, was a little more physical with Kevin Garnett doesn't mean that KG should just get all the calls. That's bullcrap. Let him get physical and fight back. Make him earn the calls. Like the old cliche, the referees will favor the aggressor. The Pistons were more aggressive at both ends of the floor. When KG got aggressive, he got a few calls.

I don't even understand why this thread was started ...

Brutalis
01-25-2006, 01:24 AM
Man, some of you are just plain fucking stupid. Even in a huge win you can't even admit when someone gets screwed. Buncha fucking idiots here.

Pistons < Spurs
01-25-2006, 02:07 AM
As usual Brutalis resorts to insults and name calling........ :rolleyes

FreshPrince22
01-25-2006, 02:08 AM
Man, some of you are just plain fucking stupid. Even in a huge win you can't even admit when someone gets screwed. Buncha fucking idiots here.

I'm still waiting for you to tell me all of these plays that KG got screwed on like you said.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
01-25-2006, 02:16 AM
Seemed like a normal NBA game to me...

Pandaemonaeon
01-25-2006, 02:35 AM
The best part about the game is when Dupree dunked on McDyess, stole the ball and went for a layup. He went over to the Pistons bench and they were high-fiving and congratulating him :lol

FreshPrince22
01-25-2006, 03:00 AM
The best part about the game is when Dupree dunked on McDyess, stole the ball and went for a layup. He went over to the Pistons bench and they were high-fiving and congratulating him :lol

Actually, Dice wasn't in the game, but yea it was pretty funny. Dupree was good friends with them last year before he was traded.

jochhejaam
01-25-2006, 06:54 AM
Disagreeing with you makes people F.I.'s? That's a mature take and accurately portrays why you're not among the many insightful and respected Spurs posters in this forum.

Bruno
01-25-2006, 08:28 AM
I've watched the first 3 quarters.
I've noticed nothing wrong with the refs : as usual some calls aguable but nothing more.
Both teams were cold in the first quarter (Wolves didn't score in the first 5 minutes). Wolves played a good second quarter but Mcdyess did some good post-moves.
Detroit hits its jumpshot in the third quarter and it was game over. When Prince, Sheed, Hamilton and Billups begins to hit 3's and jumpshot, Pistons are almost unbeatable.
Billups was great hiting a three one second after almost loosing the ball and another one with the ball hiting the top of the board.
A thing I really like when I see Pistons and Spurs playing is that they seem happy to play together, the atmosphere in a team is really important when you play 100 games a year.

theMUHMEshow
01-25-2006, 11:32 AM
darko started that play....

did you see the other plays Darko made? The kid is so scared he has started passing the ball out of bounds instead of shooting open jumpers.

DARKO = MESS

01-25-2006, 12:06 PM
Trade Darko/Arroyo for a solid back-up PG...

Please?

DarkReign
01-25-2006, 12:12 PM
Trade Darko/Arroyo for a solid back-up PG...

Please?

No.

FreshPrince22
01-25-2006, 12:30 PM
did you see the other plays Darko made? The kid is so scared he has started passing the ball out of bounds instead of shooting open jumpers.

DARKO = MESS

Darko is just scared that if he starts taking shot everytime he touches the ball, his teammates and coach are going to think he's selfish. He's so used to LB riding him about making the extra pass that it sticks in his head. As for the play you're talking about... That was just miscomunication between him and Maxiell. Max cut to the basket right when Darko passed it. Other wise he would have had an open jumper. Needless to say, I have a hard time criticizing Darko for going a little overboard with the unselfishness. I think he sees how much the teammates like Sheed for looking for his teammates before himself offensively and he tries to replicate it. Even though sometimes it's not the right decision.

01-25-2006, 01:11 PM
No.

Dude's gonna bolt next year, might as well get something for him...

DarkReign
01-25-2006, 01:18 PM

True. But not proven as of yet.

JoeD was semi-quoted in the Freep about a mantra he abides by.

Do no harm.

Darko on the bench isnt hurting. Judging by our record, Arroyo isnt hurting so much either (although I definately feel you on his overall game).

Hunter will be coming back and if he is healthy and rested, we should see a significant jump in bench guard play just from his defense alone. No more watching some scrub PG blow by Arroyo to the hoop every time down the court.

Regardless, I think Darko is worth MUCH MORE to the Pistons as a possible trade during the draft. Get a top 10 pick for him easily. Sweeten the package, and you mgiht even break the top 5.

That, to me, is more important.

I will end this by saying...

In Joe We Trust.

Until proven otherwise by W-L / Playoff record, I live by that mantra.

01-25-2006, 01:26 PM
Darko riding pine is fine with me. Arroyo has played like shit all year...

Nothing like seeing Arroyo dribble out the shot clock every time down the court...

DarkReign
01-25-2006, 02:00 PM

Nothing like seeing Arroyo dribble out the shot clock every time down the court...

True and DEFINATELY proven.

FreshPrince22
01-25-2006, 02:45 PM

Here's to hoping Flip works his offensive magic on Lindsey Hunter. I imagine he'll be able to come up with some sort of a scheme where he can D up, but not kill the offense like he used to. I think we'll see more Delfino with Tayshaun/Delfino doing some of the ballhandling and playmaking and Lindsey guarding the opposing PG. Hopefully Lindsey gets his 3 point stroke back. We can just use him as a spot up shooter instead of him trying to create off the dribble.

theMUHMEshow
01-25-2006, 06:03 PM
Darko is just scared that if he starts taking shot everytime he touches the ball, his teammates and coach are going to think he's selfish.

Please give me some insight as to how you obtained this information
:angel

Pistons < Spurs
01-25-2006, 10:18 PM

I may be wrong, but I believe we also have team the option for 2007/2008.

mike detroit
01-25-2006, 10:20 PM
I'm still waiting for you to tell me all of these plays that KG got screwed on like you said.

don't hold your breath. brutalis is the lowest of the low, someone that trolls his own team's message board.

mike detroit
01-26-2006, 01:01 AM
HI My Names Mike Detroit!

I like the Pistonsssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

yes i do. care to add anything actual to the conversation? I have no problem with spurs fans, I'm on this board aren't i? brutalis lately just starts topics to troll fans of other teams, mostly the pistons, but he adds nothing to spurs conversations either. he's just here to try to piss people off, giving up on his own team to try to talk shit about their rival, when the season's not even halfway done? that's really weak, and so is he.

if you want to defend his crap, here: http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33210

explain how that's not trolling? he makes a ridiculous statement slamming someone, and despite the fact that he seems to have nothing else to do but post here, he suddenly dissapears from the topic.

even in this thread itself, whenever someone actually calls him on something, he pretends the post isn't there.