PDA

View Full Version : re-institute the Beno Militia NOW!!

thispego
01-24-2006, 10:49 PM
Beno Udrih:
24 minutes
17 points
8 assists

I BELIEVE IN BENO

Brutalis
01-24-2006, 10:58 PM
against ... the Bobkittens.

Buddy Holly
01-24-2006, 10:59 PM
The ball was really moving smoothly, but I'll account that on the fact we were playing a badly injured and undermanned Bobcats team.

Let's see if Beno can do this against the Pistons.

ducks
01-24-2006, 11:01 PM
duncan does not play as well against the pistons and bobcats

Brutalis
01-24-2006, 11:05 PM
.... until the playoffs.

Solid D
01-24-2006, 11:09 PM
Would Beno have made a difference versus Denver? Nobody else was stopping Boykins, and offensively, he is capable of beating the zone from the outside and working the seams. It would have been nice to have seen him given a shot at it, at least.

Guru of Nothing
01-24-2006, 11:17 PM
Would Beno have made a difference versus Denver? Nobody else was stopping Boykins, and offensively, he is capable of beating the zone from the outside and working the seams. It would have been nice to have seen him given a shot at it, at least.

Maybe if Pop had a rotation of "Miss two shots and you go to the bottom of the list." ***

*** - usual defensive expectations are implied,

spurs=bling
01-24-2006, 11:28 PM
Marks did good too.

T-Pain
01-24-2006, 11:34 PM
Beno Udrih:
24 minutes
17 points
8 assists

I BELIEVE IN BENO

lets see what happens when we go up against dallas or the lakers

angel_luv
01-24-2006, 11:37 PM
Beno's awesome! Cancel that previously discussed trip to Austin! :elephant

I didn't want him to be gone for a month anyway. :spin

T Park
01-24-2006, 11:37 PM
Did ever miss the part where the Bobcats tried a half ass press, and Beno bounced it off the opponent's foot?

Like I said to Vexler, there is a reason hes called Turnover Beno.

Keep the scared pup chained to the bench thanks.

Guru of Nothing
01-24-2006, 11:47 PM
Did ever miss the part where the Bobcats tried a half ass press, and Beno bounced it off the opponent's foot?

If I based all my opinions on a players rookie season ... You and I would be a lot alike.

T Park
01-24-2006, 11:51 PM
He still has the same problems.

Slow, cant bring the ball up the court against a team that gives a shit.

Other than that, hes not bad.

I would still listen to offers for him.

Kori Ellis
01-25-2006, 12:09 AM
Congrats to Beno, Marks, Oberto and the rest of the guys tonight.

It's good to see guys, who work so hard in practice, out on the court putting up numbers and getting some recognition while the starters cheer them on. I don't care what the competition was .. it was still nice to see and a great opportunity to get the starters some rest.

angel_luv
01-25-2006, 12:11 AM
Well said Kori! Thanks. :spin

TDMVPDPOY
01-25-2006, 12:12 AM
benos one game > nve spurs season

spurs=bling
01-25-2006, 12:27 AM
Congrats to Beno, Marks, Oberto and the rest of the guys tonight.

It's good to see guys, who work so hard in practice, out on the court putting up numbers and getting some recognition while the starters cheer them on. I don't care what the competition was .. it was still nice to see and a great opportunity to get the starters some rest.

* claps*

very well said

timvp
01-25-2006, 01:23 AM
I blame the Slovenian contingency in the stands.

angel_luv
01-25-2006, 01:27 AM
:lol Someone must have tipped Sho and Beno ( and Brezec) off.

Kori Ellis
01-25-2006, 01:29 AM
:lol Someone must have tipped Sho and Beno ( and Brezec) off.

Moreso than you think.

I guess you'll have to wait for Slomo's recap.

angel_luv
01-25-2006, 01:30 AM
Moreso than you think.

I guess you'll have to wait for Slomo's recap.

Sounds like a great story.. can't wait to hear it. :elephant

Kori Ellis
01-25-2006, 01:33 AM
I think he's uploading his pictures now and then he'll post them with his game insights.

Solid D
01-25-2006, 01:33 AM
http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/TXBO10401250352.jpg

Beno's "Murse" Militia Unite!!!

http://www.sptimes.com/2005/08/10/images-tbt/purse/m_barnes.jpg http://www.straight.com/images/FAS_Streetwise_1917.jpg

Slo spurs fan
01-25-2006, 06:29 AM
Beno in the post game interview:
Fuck you ChumpDumper, you know, I ain't gonna go to Austin, you know!!!

RashoFan
01-25-2006, 08:43 AM
Beno Udrih:
24 minutes
17 points
8 assists

I BELIEVE BENO IS HOT!!!

Fixed...
seriously though, BENO had a great night last night even if it was against the Bobcats...perhaps he did not feel alot of pressure to play good , like performance anxiety or something. he just let the MOJO FLOW.... :spin

Obstructed_View
01-25-2006, 10:06 AM

Beno had two turnovers. On one he committed a charge and the other he came up on a fast break and tried a tough pass into the post from the baseline, which went out of bounds off of a teammate's foot. Which one had anything to do with a press?

Just admit you don't like him no matter what he does, so you don't sound so ignorant trying to disguise your dislike as basketball knowledge. If you had said that his defense was terrible, I would have gone along with you. He's a good shooter, he can handle the ball, he's quick, and he makes good passes. I agree that the Spurs should try to move him if they aren't going to play him, but there'll be a lot of complaining around here when he's starting for someone else and doing well.

SA210
01-25-2006, 10:09 AM
People underrate Beno as well. Does anyone remember how well we did last season with Beno as our "ROOKIE" backup? We miss the speed and youth off the bench, period.

This year We should be better than last season, I know we have the same record so far, but we should be better, aside from injuries to Timmy and Manu, our bench isn't running the floor like last year, when we had fast guys like Barry (whom I am getting very frustrated with right now) Devin Brown, and Beno, with a mix of Manu, when He stayed on the floor.

They were fast and and in recent years past, Claxton and so forth. Last year we outran the Suns. Can we do that now? Have we done that to anyone like we were able to last year?

What happened to our easy baskets, fast breaks? Apparently that's what we lost with Van Exel and Finley. I love the guys, but think about it. Now, no Beno, no Devin Brown, no Manu or Barry, no mixture of that group on the floor together as a second unit. They've been replaced by two old men, :lol

Even though it was the weak injured Bobcats, I do ackknowledge that, but we do miss speed and youth off our bench that has been a huge part of our success in the recent past. Maybe Pop should try Beno at point a little more. He's not the ultimate savior, but last night, we saw a big part of what we are missing.

BigVee
01-25-2006, 10:16 AM
He looked faster last night. I think he is finally getting his body toned. I was most impressed that he ran away from Felton (or at least stayed ahead of him) when Barry threw the ball up court for him to go get it. His shot is still one of the best on the team.....he can obviously play with the second tier in the NBA, but, can he play against the really good defensive guards?

GoSpurs21
01-25-2006, 10:48 AM
against ... the Bobkittens.since it was the kittens as you say then why didnt NVE have a career game? Since NVE is so dam much better than Beno...

Answer cause NVE is an overrated (mainly by this forum) and over the hill PG, that continues to get burned on defense every game he plays. But you NVE fans keep believing in your delusional dreams.

So who was the jackass that got on Game Night React, gives a shout out to SpursTalk then goes on to make a complete idiot of himself by slamming Beno, the leading scorer last night? You really know your basketball numbnuts. Guess what NVE lover, it wasnt the playoffs last night and we werent playing Denver or Detroit so your lame ass argument doesn't hold up.

mookie2001
01-25-2006, 10:50 AM
the beno milita never disbanned is just failed to be well regulated

beno needs mins! I dont see how he could play worse than barry and finley

angel_luv
01-25-2006, 11:24 AM
So who was the jackass that got on Game Night React, gives a shout out to SpursTalk then goes on to make a complete idiot of himself by slamming Beno, the leading scorer last night? You really know your basketball numbnuts. Guess what NVE lover, it wasnt the playoffs last night and we werent playing Denver or Detroit so your lame ass argument doesn't hold up.

Someone from Spurs Report? :lmao :lmao :lmao

ChumpDumper
01-25-2006, 11:32 AM
Beno in the post game interview:
Fuck you ChumpDumper, you know, I ain't gonna go to Austin, you know!!!If he could do the same against Detroit, there would be no problem. I understand he's your boy, but his problems against teams that don't have the worst record in the league are very real.

I want Beno to get playing time like he did last night. I think that will help his problems that you know he has. Seeing as that Charlotte squad that played last night would have trouble beating the Fort Worth Flyers, I'm sure Beno would get plenty of PT in Austin, and I think it will make him a better player. I don't want Beno to fail like he did last year. I want him to succeed.

Kori Ellis
01-25-2006, 12:12 PM

I am pretty sure that was TPark. He said in some thread that he had told Vexler on the radio that Beno was the same thing as last season (slow, turnover prone, blah blah).

ata
01-25-2006, 12:17 PM
Who cares about TPark. He will flop again and praise Beno. It is just question of time, TPark is fastest flopper around. :blah

thispego
01-25-2006, 12:38 PM
who cares if it was "just one agme" or the "bobkittens" it was the first time he had significant playing time all season and he made the most out of every minute. fluke? maybe, but im still going to give credit when credit is due

Obstructed_View
01-25-2006, 01:19 PM
It's amazing that the guy turns the ball over a couple of times last year and suddenly "can't handle pressure". I suppose that if somebody misses three shots in a row they should be traded because they "can't make a basket". And under no circumstances should said player be allowed to play in meaningful games to have a chance to improve, because the ability to handle a full court press is something you "can't teach". We should instead run our 36 year old free agent with no cartilage in his knees to go out there and throw lob passes and shoot threes on the break. Good thinkin'. Don't under any circumstances put him in the game with one of the many big guards that can bring the ball up or, I can't belive I'm saying this, work on it in practice.

angel_luv
01-25-2006, 01:20 PM
I am pretty sure that was TPark. He said in some thread that he had told Vexler on the radio that Beno was the same thing as last season (slow, turnover prone, blah blah).

It was. I heard the call.

Peter
01-25-2006, 01:26 PM
Perhaps he helped his trade value a little. Too bad the Spurs don't want any salaries back.

So long, Beno. It's been nice.

Obstructed_View
01-25-2006, 01:30 PM
So long, Beno. See ya in the all-star game.

Slo spurs fan
01-25-2006, 01:34 PM
If he could do the same against Detroit, there would be no problem. I understand he's your boy, but his problems against teams that don't have the worst record in the league are very real.

I want Beno to get playing time like he did last night. I think that will help his problems that you know he has. Seeing as that Charlotte squad that played last night would have trouble beating the Fort Worth Flyers, I'm sure Beno would get plenty of PT in Austin, and I think it will make him a better player. I don't want Beno to fail like he did last year. I want him to succeed.
HE WAS ROOKIE LAST FUCKING YEAR!!!
Is this so hard to understand?
Was NVE an all-star caliber player against Hornets, back there when they beat Spurs?

SA210
01-25-2006, 01:36 PM
It's amazing that the guy turns the ball over a couple of times last year and suddenly "can't handle pressure". I suppose that if somebody misses three shots in a row they should be traded because they "can't make a basket". And under no circumstances should said player be allowed to play in meaningful games to have a chance to improve, because the ability to handle a full court press is something you "can't teach". We should instead run our 36 year old free agent with no cartilage in his knees to go out there and throw lob passes and shoot threes on the break. Good thinkin'. Don't under any circumstances put him in the game with one of the many big guards that can bring the ball up or, I can't belive I'm saying this, work on it in practice.
Yes, exactly. Beno had trouble under the full court press those couple of times, all of a sudden people want to try and act like it's always been a problem with him. I call baloney. He got labeled pretty quick on that one. That's just ridiculous. And do people forget he was a "ROOKIE".

I bet we'd have a better record if he got more playing time out there instead
"old knees jack up threes on the break Exel" at point.

Beno is a good shooter, he's pretty fast as shown last night, and has decent court vision and can run the fast break, we need that from our bench, period. I wish Pop all of a sudden inserted him there as the pg backup for Tony, I bet we'd do alot better, he can play Van Exel at shooting gaurd. Then Beno can find him for all the threes he wants to jack up.

angel_luv
01-25-2006, 01:44 PM
I probably should have just posted this here.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33523

Go Beno!

ducks
01-25-2006, 01:53 PM
dude it might have been the bobcats but they are still nba players

Slo spurs fan
01-25-2006, 01:54 PM
Hey Angel I always wanted to ask you WTF does "Um,Uh...You know... Whoosh! ; )"
mean?

angel_luv
01-25-2006, 02:10 PM
It's quotes from my favorite guys:

Timmy with his um uh's.

Beno and his you knows.

Rasho's " Whoosh" from the alamodome celebration.

And the wink is because Gino is always doing that. He also says "unbelieveable!" but I didn't see where it fit. ; )

Slo spurs fan
01-25-2006, 02:13 PM
It's quotes from my favorite guys:

Timmy with his um uh's.

Beno and his you knows.

Rasho's " Whoosh" from the alamodome celebration.

And the wink is because Gino is always doing that. He also says "unbelieveable!" but I didn't see where it fit. ; )
:lol

ALVAREZ6
01-25-2006, 02:19 PM
Beno > NVE

Slo spurs fan
01-25-2006, 02:23 PM
Beno > NVE
:tu

Wanna join brotherhood? :lol

Slo spurs fan
01-25-2006, 02:49 PM
So waaaasup hombre?

ALVAREZ6
01-25-2006, 02:51 PM
What's brotherhood?

SA210
01-25-2006, 02:52 PM
me too Beno>Van Exel

We can use Van exel for more of a Robert Horry role, hitting clutch shots at certain times. Beno can backup Parker.

Slo spurs fan
01-25-2006, 02:52 PM
You have all the time in the world to find out.

GoSpurs21
01-25-2006, 03:33 PM

It was. I heard the call.
I should have known it was turncoat TPark...that figures

ChumpDumper
01-25-2006, 04:24 PM
HE WAS ROOKIE LAST FUCKING YEAR!!!
Is this so hard to understand?This isn't a fucking charity.

Or a rebuilding team.

Is that so hard to understand?

If Beno holds his own against an actual NBA defense that presses him, then all is well and you can play him all you want.

Obstructed_View
01-25-2006, 04:41 PM
This isn't a fucking charity.

Or a rebuilding team.

If Beno holds his own against an actual NBA defense that presses him, then all is well and you can play him all you want.
If Beno's teammates don't leave him hanging out to dry against the press, perhaps he doesn't turn the ball over. You guys that won't let this go get stupider by the day.

GoSpurs21
01-25-2006, 04:45 PM
This isn't a fucking charity.

Or a rebuilding team.

If Beno holds his own against an actual NBA defense that presses him, then all is well and you can play him all you want.well lately this team and forum resembles a NVE and Mike Fin charity...numbnuts

so far NVE is getting burned on defense every fucking game, but like I said before there is no point trying to discuse facts with people who prefer to live in fantasy land. Enjoy your NVE man crush.

Peter
01-25-2006, 04:58 PM
So one game against what can only be described charitably as NDBL level competition warrants heavy rotation minutes?

Peter
01-25-2006, 05:02 PM
If Beno's teammates don't leave him hanging out to dry against the press, perhaps he doesn't turn the ball over. You guys that won't let this go get stupider by the day.

Beno couldn't handle the pressure. His teammates didn't do anything out of the ordinary versus the press.

Obstructed_View
01-25-2006, 05:12 PM
Beno couldn't handle the pressure. His teammates didn't do anything out of the ordinary versus the press.
Exactly. Since you said this like it's news then maybe you don't understand the way an offense beats a full-court press. Moving on...

He "couldn't handle the pressure". So that means he completely sucks and is beyond redemption. So you apply this standard to other players as well? Rasho "never dunks" so he shouldn't be allowed to get offensive boards. Nazr "always travels" so he shouldn't get the ball period. Parker "always crumbles in the playoffs" so he needs to be traded. Manu "always gets hurt" so he should be dumped. Barry "can't hit a three" so he needs to go.

Gee, pal, we're running out of players here. Is there anybody on this team that's worth a shit? The Spurs are only on pace to match their best ever record

Peter
01-25-2006, 05:14 PM
You speak as though things were not as they were. Handling backcourt pressure is not an unrealistic demand for a NBA point, especially one on a championship level team.

Beno could not keep his dribble. He never gave his teammates a chance to help his Slavic ass out.

Obstructed_View
01-25-2006, 05:17 PM
So one game against what can only be described charitably as NDBL level competition warrants heavy rotation minutes?
He had two turnovers against the team leading the league (the NBA) in steals. If he hasn't proven that he deserves some minutes in meaningful games, then he needs to be traded while he has value. I thought the Van Exel signing was to help out in the playoffs, not to completely keep the backup point guard off the floor.

If I'm the Spurs, I want to find out what I've got in a backup PG in case Van Exel isn't healthy in the playoffs, and if he's got some weaknesses, let's get them fixed.

Obstructed_View
01-25-2006, 05:21 PM
You speak as though things were not as they were. Handling backcourt pressure is not an unrealistic demand for a NBA point, especially one on a championship level team.

Beno could not keep his dribble. He never gave his teammates a chance to help his Slavic ass out.
Okay, this is stupid. You need to tell me the exact number of times this happened in the playoffs, how many points in resulted in, and the number of Spurs losses resulted. In case you forgot, the Spurs won the championship, and Beno's Slavic ass contributed to that. It's a whole lot more likely that his defensive lapses were more to blame for his benching. Again, the only thing that will allow a guy to develop is game time. It's not like there are any guards on this team not named Parker setting the world on fire. Give the little shit some time at the 2 in small lineups and let him bring the ball up on occasion.

SA210
01-25-2006, 05:32 PM
It's ridiculous to even try and talk to someone who bases Beno's whole career on a game when he was full court pressed in his rookie season.

Peter
01-25-2006, 05:40 PM
Okay, this is stupid. You need to tell me the exact number of times this happened in the playoffs, how many points in resulted in, and the number of Spurs losses resulted. In case you forgot, the Spurs won the championship, and Beno's Slavic ass contributed to that. It's a whole lot more likely that his defensive lapses were more to blame for his benching. Again, the only thing that will allow a guy to develop is game time. It's not like there are any guards on this team not named Parker setting the world on fire. Give the little shit some time at the 2 in small lineups and let him bring the ball up on occasion.

Your moniker "Obstructed View" is quite apropos.

Recall when those turnovers occurred.

Guru of Nothing
01-25-2006, 07:30 PM
Let me see if I have my facts correct:

Beno has a nice outside shot, and seems to have good basketball instincts.

Beno SUCKED in last years finals.

Beno is young.

Beno needs minutes, either on the Spurs or elsewhere.

Beno has window of opportunity to garner more minutes backing up Tony Parker (not necessarily a fact).

Did I miss anything? Anyone disagree?

cherylsteele
01-25-2006, 07:31 PM
Aaargh!
NVE played last night too against this same team and did zip, zero, zilch, nada, etc. NVE is supposed to be a veteran snd know what is needed, so far he has been almost a no-show too many times. His FT% is terrible and around 10% pts below his career avg. He is washed-up.

Beno derserves more minutes.
People what to bring in number to support NVE but when number support Beno or another player they just don't like for whatever reason they turn a blind eye.

When NVE is in the game a vast majority of the time, the ball movement is almost non-existent. I was not excited about him coming here but have been will to give him a chance, and he has not panned out. At least Finley has found a solid niche off the bench and is getting better on the "D". NVE can't even spell "D".

ALVAREZ6
01-25-2006, 07:36 PM
Did I miss anything?
You missed Beno > NVE

Guru of Nothing
01-25-2006, 07:45 PM
You missed Beno > NVE

Good catch, whippersnapper!

Ideally, I'd like to see Beno pick up where he was this time last year, but I'm still happy the Spurs have NVE around for clutch insurance come playoff time.

ducks
01-25-2006, 07:48 PM
beno should have been in austin tell about this time this year
he would have played about 30 minutes a night
then he would have improved
then be brought up

he is good but he needs to actually play in games to get better

ChumpDumper
01-25-2006, 07:51 PM
I thought the Van Exel signing was to help out in the playoffs, not to completely keep the backup point guard off the floor.You thought wrong. Nick was signed to be the backup point. And Beno didn't really show much in the preseason if you care to remember.
If I'm the Spurs, I want to find out what I've got in a backup PG in case Van Exel isn't healthy in the playoffs, and if he's got some weaknesses, let's get them fixed.Funny, I didn't hear you shouting for exploratory minutes for Wilks last year. Given Beno's injury history, that should have been a priority for you. Nonetheless I'm sure the coaching staff that sees him every day has more of a handle on his weaknesses than you have gleaned from 160 minutes this season.

T Park
01-25-2006, 07:55 PM
Which one had anything to do with a press

There was no turnover on the press.

If you had paid attention you would have heard me say on the radio, had the Bobcats gave a crap they would have stolen it.

Just admit you don't like him no matter what he does

The things he is deficient in?

He can't fix.

I dont NOT like him, Im being honest.

Sorry that honesty is "hate" to you people.

He's a good shooter, he can handle the ball, he's quick, and he makes good passes.

Good shooter? yeah, good passes?? ehhhh sometimes.

Quick??? uhhh nooo, hes slow as molasses, hence the reason for problems in the backcourt.

T Park
01-25-2006, 07:58 PM
See ya in the all-star game

pfffttt

bwahahhahahahah

what All Star game??

Euro all star game?

He will flop again and praise Beno.

When he learns to play against a press, and in crunch time situations in the playoffs, then I might.

But I doubt it.

Hes a smaller Hedo Turkoglu.

aaronstampler
01-25-2006, 08:01 PM
Look, I've never been a fan of NVE, but the fact remains that they would have never gotten Findog if not for NVE, because it was almost a package deal with NVE's recruitment of Findog.

I like Beno. He's not the greatest ballhandler out there, but when it comes to shooting, he is not afraid. He'll jack it up against anyone, anytime. Against the Pistons, and Lindsey Hunter in particular, he did look afraid though. But that was last year. Hopefully, it won't be like that ever again.

Still, I think it makes way more sense to play Beno way more minutes than NVE during the regular season because since he's still trying to prove himself, he'll take all the games very seriously. NVE is like Big Shot Bob, he doesn't have anything to prove to anyone, and he certainly won't get excited about playing 15 mins a night in a January game against the dregs of the league. Save him for the playoffs. In fact, I would dare suggest that at this point in his career, NVE is a pure chucker, and nothing more, and should be used only in blowout emergencies, like down 15 in the 4th, the way Kerr was used against the Mavs in the '03 playoffs.

T Park
01-25-2006, 08:01 PM
You need to tell me the exact number of times this happened in the playoffs

Forget the turnover in game 1 against Denver that tied it up and lost all the momentum for the Spurs?

Game 3 against Detroit where he damn near singlehandedly blew the 8 point lead.

Game 4 where the deficit went from 4 to like 12.

Forget those times of the playoffs???

T Park
01-25-2006, 08:02 PM
But that was last year. Hopefully, it won't be like that ever again.

"Hopefully" hes fixed, doesn't cut it against the Pistons in the Finals.

He was more shook than Hedo and Charlie Ward COMBINED.

T Park
01-25-2006, 08:03 PM
would dare suggest that at this point in his career, NVE is a pure chucker, and nothing more, and should be used only in blowout emergencies

good lord....

T Park
01-25-2006, 08:05 PM
If Beno's teammates don't leave him hanging out to dry against the press, perhaps he doesn't turn the ball over. You guys that won't let this go get stupider by the day

Nobody left him out to dry.

Hell, guys like Horry and Bowen were begging for the ball, and the dude dribbled right into the same traps.

Every single goddamn time.

You guys that think one game against 8 CBA players and a couple of bench NBA players means anything get more stupid by the day.

T Park
01-25-2006, 08:06 PM
I should have known it was turncoat TPark...that figures

Turncoat?

Did I go to the other side?

Did I root for another team??

Buy a clue.

ALVAREZ6
01-25-2006, 09:15 PM
NVE still blows after this game.

Peter
01-25-2006, 09:16 PM
Wow. NVE is lighting up a shit team tonight. Well, at least this one is somewhat close to .500 and not the worst team in the L who happened to be undermanned.

Obstructed_View
01-25-2006, 11:13 PM
Your moniker "Obstructed View" is quite apropos.

Recall when those turnovers occurred.
Wow. Insulting my moniker instead of answering the post. Original.

Answer to you: In the playoffs. Against playoff teams, aka teams good enough to get in the playoffs, aka teams that want to win. He turned the ball over. I'll check the box score because I'm sure he was the only person to turn the ball over.

Obstructed_View
01-25-2006, 11:16 PM
Forget the turnover in game 1 against Denver that tied it up and lost all the momentum for the Spurs?

The Spurs won four games in a row against Denver, so I guess Beno didn't cost the Spurs that much momentum. They lost game 3 to the Pistons by 17, and oh-by-the-way, never led by 8. The Pistons led by 30 in game 4. Which of those times cost the Spurs a game? You don't seem to be that rough on the starting point guard that chokes in the playoffs and at the end of games, so you might as well just give up your hypocritical argument.

Peter
01-25-2006, 11:22 PM
Wow. Insulting my moniker instead of answering the post. Original.

Not really. I just followed your lead.

Answer to you: In the playoffs. Against playoff teams, aka teams good enough to get in the playoffs, aka teams that want to win. He turned the ball over. I'll check the box score because I'm sure he was the only person to turn the ball over.

He couldn't bring the ball up against pressure, at a crucial point in the game. This team is all about winning in the postseason. Lose your Beno love and get some perspective.

Peter
01-25-2006, 11:29 PM
What is it with the irrational love of Nesterovic and Udrih in this forum? Both are weak in key skill areas of their respective positions. Both have had zilch to do with the Spurs winning a championship. Actually, if anything, both have been detrimental to the Spurs in the postseason.

Oh well, dumping Beno for a pick will spare the Spurs from the luxury tax this season. So long.

cherylsteele
01-26-2006, 09:16 AM
Yes.....if comparing it to NVE and what he is done this year.
Yes.....just because he isn't as quick as TP or some other guards doesn't make him a bad player.

John Paxson wasn't a speed demon either but he did compliment Jordan well becaause he was given a chance to succeed. Okay..Beno is slow.

It seems like some people here aren't really watching the same team as the others. Brent Barry would do better than NVE at the PG position.

If every player was evaluated based on their rookie season/early career, their would be dozens of other players who would not be playing and are good NBA players.

If you based TP's play on his first year like some of you do to Beno. TP's first year or so was a roller coaster ride....he made turnovers had trouble guarding players, etc. Then we would not have the success we do and neither would he....he would be winning in New Jersey or someplace. We gave him a chance and he has made the most of it. Doesn't Beno deserve the same.

Kibic
01-26-2006, 09:40 AM
What is it with the irrational love of Nesterovic and Udrih in this forum? Both are weak in key skill areas of their respective positions. Both have had zilch to do with the Spurs winning a championship. Actually, if anything, both have been detrimental to the Spurs in the postseason.

Oh well, dumping Beno for a pick will spare the Spurs from the luxury tax this season. So long.

Uff... Iverson, Duncan, Odom, LeBron, Marbury, ...are they good enough for NBA?
In Athens 2004 they didn't look like they are.

Peter
01-26-2006, 11:16 AM
This isn't Athens 2004. This is the NBA 2006.

Peter
01-26-2006, 11:19 AM
Yes.....if comparing it to NVE and what he is done this year.
Yes.....just because he isn't as quick as TP or some other guards doesn't make him a bad player.

John Paxson wasn't a speed demon either but he did compliment Jordan well becaause he was given a chance to succeed. Okay..Beno is slow.

It seems like some people here aren't really watching the same team as the others. Brent Barry would do better than NVE at the PG position.

If every player was evaluated based on their rookie season/early career, their would be dozens of other players who would not be playing and are good NBA players.

If you based TP's play on his first year like some of you do to Beno. TP's first year or so was a roller coaster ride....he made turnovers had trouble guarding players, etc. Then we would not have the success we do and neither would he....he would be winning in New Jersey or someplace. We gave him a chance and he has made the most of it. Doesn't Beno deserve the same.

It's not about quickness it is about the ability to deal with pressure when handling the rock. That is a key skill for a point at any level to have.

Damn, if people in this forum got their way, Nesterovic, Udrih and Marks would be getting 30 minutes a night and the Spurs would be looking at a potential 1st round exit.

Kibic
01-26-2006, 11:22 AM
This isn't Athens 2004. This is the NBA 2006.

Yes, it is diferent game. :). That was big school. Big Iverson, and even biger Timi. They can't beat Italy..Do you ever heard for eny of their players?

SA210
01-26-2006, 11:24 AM

Really? In his ROOKIE season. Wow, well I'm guessing Tony was perfect in his rookie season. :rolleyes

So we should just label him as such and not let him play and learn with NBA experience, since his legs and youth are better than "old knees jack up threes Exel".

Peter
01-26-2006, 11:25 AM
Yes, it is diferent game. :). That was big school. Big Iverson, and even biger Timi. They can't beat Italy..Do you ever heard for eny of their players?

Nah, "Big School" is NBA. Anyways, I don't seem to recall Team Slovenia doing much in Athens.

angel_luv
01-26-2006, 01:32 PM
Slovenia to take Beijing in 2008! :elephant

zeleni
01-26-2006, 03:13 PM
Nah, "Big School" is NBA. Anyways, I don't seem to recall Team Slovenia doing much in Athens.

Now, finally we agree on something. NBA has tremendous knowledge of the game. Now, why do I advertise Slovenes and Marks? They contribute to the NBA a significant part of the philosophy that NBA is lacking.
TCT=Taking Care for the Team

Slovenia had Euroleague top players, who dunked at will and were/the quality that meant something. Like USA they failed while playing bad but coherent teams. USA needed Rasho and some other players to get the lesson, lesson that was given to Eurobasket many times, even with Manu Ginobili and some other legends of our tournaments. International games gives great meaning to ONE SHOT=ONE GAME, where quality of a team must be consistent at all times during playoffs (BTW Euroleague playoffs are almost as long as the season). NBA gives a shit for more than 50 games a season.

Beno, Sean and Rasho knows how is it to play with 6 players and some scrubs, and what to do to compete then and win. All of them dominated at some point in their career. Manu and Oberto have that experience. Peter, that is why I support Rasho. He is a groundstone for our National Team and a stabile quy for any NBA team. Beno is a great player anda talent beyond recognition and Marks has patience I truly admire.

Now tell me NBA players who fit that description in this league, where there is so much knowledge, but so much bad players and coaches: Seattle, Toronto, Atlanta...

Obstructed_View
01-26-2006, 10:14 PM
He couldn't bring the ball up against pressure, at a crucial point in the game. This team is all about winning in the postseason. Lose your Beno love and get some perspective.
LOL. A crucial point in the game being the last two minutes of the first half of a game the Spurs lost by 20. You can't even manufacture a clue.

Guru of Nothing
01-26-2006, 10:27 PM
LOL. A crucial point in the game being the last two minutes of the first half of a game the Spurs lost by 20. You can't even manufacture a clue.

Spare me a vDime brother, and buy me a clue. Are you suggesting that Beno's piss-poor play in last year's finals did not affect the W column?

Obstructed_View
01-27-2006, 01:21 AM
Spare me a vDime brother, and buy me a clue. Are you suggesting that Beno's piss-poor play in last year's finals did not affect the W column?
Yes I'm sure his combined 18 minutes of play contrubuted mightily to the combined 48 point deficit in games 3 and 4. Although we could apply your logic and mention that he did play 25 minutes in games 1 and 2, games the Spurs managed to win in spite of having such a talentless slog on the floor. Let's take that further and mention that he did have 1 point in game 5, which was coincidentally the margin of victory.

SequSpur
01-27-2006, 01:22 AM
Can someone send me a PM when Beno can dribble from the opponents baseline to half court?

I'd appreciate it.

Peter
01-27-2006, 01:24 AM

Actually it was at the end of quarter 3 that Beno f'ed up. Keep digging, lil' doggie.

Solid D
01-27-2006, 01:25 AM
It's 2006. Page turning is encouraged to speed up play.

T Park
01-27-2006, 01:32 AM
They lost game 3 to the Pistons by 17, and oh-by-the-way, never led by 8

They were winning with Parker playing almost all of quarter 1 and 2, when Beno came in, he was a turnover mess who couldn't get the ball past halfcourt.

Rewatch game tape kiddo.

A crucial point in the game being the last two minutes of the first half of a game the Spurs lost by 20

Actually thats called "momentum killer"

SOmething youve yet to wrap your skull around.

NVE still blows after this game.

If he was argentinian youd be on your knees for him too, so stfu.

Obstructed_View
01-27-2006, 01:35 AM
Actually it was at the end of quarter 3 that Beno f'ed up. Keep digging, lil' doggie.
Actually, he had three turnovers, and one of them was at the end of quarter 3. Barry had one right before that and Ginobili had one just after. I'm ready to listen to you tell me how much they suck, because Ginobili had 5 turnovers in that game.

T Park
01-27-2006, 01:37 AM
Ginobili was also hurt too.

What was poor wittle beno's excuse?

Peter
01-27-2006, 01:39 AM
Actually,

The Spurs weathered the early energy provided by the sellout crowd at The Palace of Auburn Hills and Wallace. They held a 27-21 lead after one quarter and withstood a four-minute drought in the second period to cling to a 42-41 halftime lead.

In addition to Ginobili getting dinged twice, there was more rough stuff. Bowen hit Hamilton in the face after coming around a screen and Billups clobbered Parker in the head to stop a driving layup.

With Duncan off the floor, the Spurs scored seven straight points to take a 56-54 lead. They still held a 63-61 edge when Popovich rested point guard Tony Parker, who scored 21 points.

The Pistons turned up the pressure on rookie Beno Udrih and forged a 9-2 run to take the lead for good.

"We tried to give Tony Parker a rest for one minute and the dam burst from that point on," Popovich said.

http://www.nba.com/games/20050614/SASDET/recap.html

SequSpur
01-27-2006, 01:40 AM
Anybody that pleads for playing time for Rasho or Beno is stupid.

T Park
01-27-2006, 01:41 AM
he Pistons turned up the pressure on rookie Beno Udrih and forged a 9-2 run to take the lead for good.

"We tried to give Tony Parker a rest for one minute and the dam burst from that point on," Popovich said.

but but but but

Beno didn't do anything wrong!!!!

Obstructed_View
01-27-2006, 01:42 AM
They were winning with Parker playing almost all of quarter 1 and 2, when Beno came in, he was a turnover mess who couldn't get the ball past halfcourt.

Rewatch game tape kiddo.
Beno had three turnovers, none of them even remotely close together. The Spurs never had a decent lead in the game and Beno was never in the game when they had it. I'm not the one who needs his memory refreshed.

Actually thats called "momentum killer"

SOmething youve yet to wrap your skull around.
Again, the Spurs never had momentum in a game they led by no more than 6 and lost by 17.

How did Tony Parker do in his first NBA Finals? For that matter, how did he do in his second NBA Finals? Realistically, how did he do in the conference finals against the Lakers? Does that mean he can't play? Of course not. Duncan couldn't handle the double teams. Does that mean he can't play? Of course not.

This is a useless conversation. Time will tell whether or not he can play. If he becomes the next John Stockton you won't acknowledge it anyway.

Obstructed_View
01-27-2006, 01:44 AM
Actually,

http://www.nba.com/games/20050614/SASDET/recap.html
So Beno is responsible for Barry and Ginobili's turnovers, too?

T Park
01-27-2006, 01:45 AM
How did Tony Parker do in his first NBA Finals?

pretty darn good.

Look at games 2, 3, where he practically won himself.

outside of game 6, he played pretty well.

Outplayed Jason Kidd mostly.

Not too bad for a 21 year old.

Obstructed_View
but but but but

Beno didn't do anything wrong!!!!
Yes, and he's the only one on the team that did anything wrong, and any loss was directly his fault, but the wins had nothing to do with him. And oh Rasho sucks too. And oh yeah if Ginobili does anything wrong it's because he was hurt.

T Park
If he becomes the next John Stockton you won't acknowledge it anyway.

THE NEXT JOHN STOCKTON?!?!?!?

LMFAO!!

:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

T Park
01-27-2006, 01:46 AM
and he's the only one on the team that did anything wrong, and any loss was directly his fault, but the wins had nothing to do with him

awww
did beno's fans get their wittle feewings hurt.

awwwwwwwwww

Peter
01-27-2006, 01:48 AM
Beno f'ed up more than once in that sequence. He picked up his dribble at least three times in that final minute without any idea as to where he was going. You can get a TO assigned to you when your teammate is fucking up. It isn't hard.

SequSpur
01-27-2006, 01:48 AM
Obstructed view is definitely the proper name for you, because you can't see shit.

Obstructed_View
01-27-2006, 01:49 AM
pretty darn good.

Look at games 2, 3, where he practically won himself.

outside of game 6, he played pretty well.

Outplayed Jason Kidd mostly.

Not too bad for a 21 year old.
They lost game 2, numbnuts. It's amazing the slack you are willing to cut for one point guard, but not another. And oh yeah Rasho sucks.

Obstructed_View
01-27-2006, 01:51 AM
Obstructed view is definitely the proper name for you, because you can't see shit.
Welcome aboard, troll. Do you have anything of value to add for once?

T Park
01-27-2006, 01:52 AM
They lost game 2, numbnuts

not because of Tony Parker numbnuts.

It's amazing the slack you are willing to cut for one point guard, but not another

Hmmmm, one is an all star, the other is a 3rd string can't get it past 50 year old Lindsey Hunter.

Yeah I can see the similarities.

And oh yeah Rasho sucks.

Thought we were talking about Beno??

Guess when you get a wittle sad, we get angwy....

sniff sniff.

SequSpur
01-27-2006, 01:53 AM
Welcome aboard, troll. Do you have anything of value to add for once?

Yeah, I got 9820 reasons to add. Do a search on Beno and Rasho... you might learn something.

Kibic
01-27-2006, 02:02 AM
Well, they sure didn't lose against Italy...never. Played 5 or 6 times in last 10 years.

Obstructed_View
01-27-2006, 02:04 AM
not because of Tony Parker numbnuts.
So Tony Parker won the game by himself, but the team lost? Yet when he disappeared in the '03 finals, the team won, so he won. I'm starting to figure out your logic.

Hmmmm, one is an all star, the other is a 3rd string can't get it past 50 year old Lindsey Hunter.
So we are comparing the starting PG this year to the backup PG last year, but only in the 7 minutes the backup played in one game against the Pistons when the Pistons happened to go on a run, because that's when he really sucks. Okay, I guess by comparing one player's good games to another's bad games we can get a true head to head comparison.

Thought we were talking about Beno??
Don't all Slovenians suck because we only read the box score and the game recap?

Guess when you get a wittle sad, we get angwy....
sniff sniff.
Baby talk. Wow, doesn't that mean you automatically win the discussion?

SequSpur
01-27-2006, 02:05 AM
Manu Ginobili and Tim Duncan are the reasons we fucking won...

Jesus...............

T Park
01-27-2006, 02:08 AM
So Tony Parker won the game by himself

The comment is after game 3 genius, reread...

Yet when he disappeared in the '03 finals

more bullshit.

He didnt dissapear from the Finals.

Go at games 1 2 3 4 5 again.

6 was his worst game.

Whoopie.

So we are comparing the starting PG this year to the backup PG last year

You brought up Tony Parker, not me.

Don't all Slovenians suck because we only read the box score and the game recap?

No, Beno sucks because he cant bring the ball up the court past 500 year old Lindsey Hunter in a pressure situation.

Baby talk. Wow, doesn't that mean you automatically win the discussion?

When you start bringing other players in the conversation about 1 guy, then Id say I have won skippy true.

T Park
01-27-2006, 02:09 AM
Manu Ginobili and Tim Duncan are the reasons we fucking won

that cant be right

cause

Manu = Manure

SequSpur
01-27-2006, 02:11 AM
that cant be right

cause

Manu = Manure

Manu 06 = Grant Hill

T Park
01-27-2006, 02:12 AM
Manu 06 = Grant Hill

Manu has missed 4 straight years??

Interesting.......

thispego
01-27-2006, 02:13 AM
oh shit sequ

Obstructed_View
01-27-2006, 02:24 AM
Manu 06 = Grant Hill
Ah, the "grant hill jr." reference now makes sense.

GoSpurs21
01-27-2006, 12:06 PM
obstructed view, you really need to just ignore the Beno haters: T Park, SequSpur and Peter, they are too high on mass amounts of cheeze wiz to actually discuss anything logically. Most of the old timers in this forum know:

T Park is a turn coat that doesnt understand jack shit about basketball
Sequ is local bitch and will start shit with others for fun
Peter is mouse under another one of his 10k loggins and a traitor to the Spurs fans

Just watch they will all slam me for this, but arguing with them is just a waste of time
myoptic views are for morons

Peter
01-27-2006, 07:28 PM
We want to see Beno play. He's really cute. [/GoSpurs21]

velik_m
04-16-2007, 01:03 AM
Spurs have a player named Beno?

angel_luv
04-16-2007, 10:21 AM
I remember Beno. Free him. :)

Leetonidas
04-16-2007, 10:54 PM
9 assists and 0 turnovers? :wow

His shooting could've been better but he did hit some big shots.

angel_luv
04-16-2007, 11:00 PM
Yea Beno! :)