PDA

View Full Version : Duncan's shoes

romsey31
01-25-2006, 01:30 PM
Can LeBron keep Nike on top even though Adidas has T-Mac, KG and Tim Duncan, who's got some new sneak with a computer chip in it coming out around the All-Star break?

The LeBron's and T-Macs go for $125, while the new Duncan's will go for $250.

Luckily, I've got two girls who are into gymnastics instead of hoop. Otherwise, I'd be roaming around the mall looking in vain for a $30 pair of basketball shoes

Whos gonna get the new Duncans? :oops

sa_butta
01-25-2006, 01:36 PM
Can LeBron keep Nike on top even though Adidas has T-Mac, KG and Tim Duncan, who's got some new sneak with a computer chip in it coming out around the All-Star break?

Luckily, I've got two girls who are into gymnastics instead of hoop. Otherwise, I'd be roaming around the mall looking in vain for a $30 pair of basketball shoes

Whos gonna get the new Duncans? :oopsAre there any pics out yet or will they be debut at the all-star game?

romsey31
01-25-2006, 01:38 PM
Are there any pics out yet or will they be debut at the all-star game?

I havent seen any pics...If I do I'll post them.

sa_butta
01-25-2006, 01:42 PM
These are what he wears now...

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20060125/capt.txbo10201250226.bobcats_spurs_basketball_txbo 102.jpg

ALVAREZ6
01-25-2006, 02:52 PM
These are what he wears now...

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20060125/capt.txbo10201250226.bobcats_spurs_basketball_txbo 102.jpg
Those are a couple of years old...

ALVAREZ6
01-25-2006, 02:54 PM

Whos gonna get the new Duncans? :oops
Are you sure they're gonna be $250 ??? I highly doubt it....

The last bball shoe to go that high was what?? Those jordans a few years back??? I remember Finley endorsing them...and all jordans typically start at at least 150, because they're Jordans...they always have.

I doubt that Duncans will be 250...I'd be really surprised if they go over 150.

sa_butta
01-25-2006, 03:04 PM
$150 is alot to begin with but $250 is insane for B-ball shoes.
I pay between $100-125 for my shoes normally.

IX_Equilibrium
01-25-2006, 03:05 PM
I'd bet alot of people would buy them just because they are $250.

pache100
01-25-2006, 03:13 PM
Are you sure they're gonna be $250 ??? I highly doubt it....

I doubt that Duncans will be 250...I'd be really surprised if they go over 150.

http://www.cavsnews.com/2006/01/05/

(don't know how reliable this source is)

Archive for January 5th, 2006
NBA stars battle to be sneaker king of the court
Stephanie Kang of the Wall Street Journal reports “Some of the fiercest competition in the National Basketball Association this season is happening off the court. A crowd of expensive signature shoes linked to pro players is challenging the market for high-performance, high-profile sneakers.

The shootout features some of the biggest names in basketball. Nike Inc. has new shoes from the Cleveland Cavaliers’ LeBron James, the Denver Nuggets’ Carmelo Anthony, the Los Angeles Lakers’ Kobe Bryant and (from its Converse unit) the Miami Heat’s Dwyane Wade. That’s in addition to a new model from the all-time champion of basketball shoes, Michael Jordan. Germany’s Adidas-Salomon AG is countering with shoes from Houston Rockets star Tracy McGrady and the Minnesota Timberwolves’ Kevin Garnett. Reebok International Ltd. is in the game with star guard Allen Iverson of the Philadelphia 76ers.

That’s an All-Star Game’s worth of talent angling for the title of sneaker king that has long belonged to Jordan. With high prices—Jordan’s new Air Jordan, to be launched in February, XXI, will retail for $175, and many others sell for $125—most of the shoes come with a style or technology gimmick and are often backed by big ad campaigns.

McGrady’s $125 shoe, for example, comes with small pieces of wood from an actual basketball court embedded in the heel and outsole (to symbolize McGrady’s desire to “put a piece of the court” into his shoes, according to the company). Reebok’s $125 Allen Iverson shoe, the Answer IX, uses a revamped version of the company’s Pump technology to fill up chambers throughout the shoe with air as the player moves. Nike’s Zoom LeBron III, which sells for about $125, boasts twice as much cushioning as most Nike shoes.

But while sales of so-called marquee footwear have been strong, there are indications the public’s interest may be waning, especially at the highest prices. For the 12 months ending Nov. 30, sales of basketball sneakers for men were down 4 percent from the year-earlier period, according to NPD Group, a market-research firm based in Port Washington, New York.

Customer satisfaction with athletic shoes is at a four-year low, according to the American Customer Satisfaction Index. The culprit is price, says Claes G. Fornell, a business professor at the University of Michigan, which compiled the data. He noted men’s athletic shoes are priced about 5 percent higher, and women’s almost 10 percent higher, than a year ago. Customers are “as pleased with the product as before, but they’re not pleased with what they’re getting for their money,” Fornell says.

One of the strongest sellers of the new sneaker entries has been the least expensive: Converse’s “Wade” shoe, which has a comparatively low price of $90. It is benefiting from interest in Wade, currently among the top 10 scorers in the NBA.

There’s also evidence that the teen consumers who drive athletic-footwear sales may be turning to cheaper and more fashion-forward styles from European companies like Puma AG.

While most sneaker shoppers are more likely to run up and down the supermarket aisle than the basketball court in their high-performance shoes, many buyers of high-end sneakers want the latest technology. At $100 or more, consumers can buy sport shoes that are laced with technologies that provide better fit, more cushioning, last longer and often include materials such as suede or metal that don’t make it into lower-end models, says Ernest Kim, who tests and reviews basketball shoes for Sole Collector magazine. Other elements simply add style. Metal eyelets instead of plastic in the Zoom LeBron and a synthetic suede-like upper in the Jordan Melo 5.5 are small details that help drive up the production cost.

Customers have balked at price increases before. Nike’s Air Jordan franchise is the best-selling shoe brand of all time, but when the company tried to sell a $200 shoe in 2002 that came in a flimsy metal case with a CD-ROM, sales tanked. Still, Adidas this year will launch a basketball shoe with a computer chip imbedded in the midsole. San Antonio Spurs’ center Tim Duncan will wear the show in the All-Star Game next month. The price: $250.”

Brutalis
01-25-2006, 03:14 PM
Somebody hook me up with the Duncans. :)

I got the 2001 KG's. I still think they are one the most badass shoes ever. I haven't glossed and cleaned them in forever though.

Yes. Size 13. I know. My feet are huge. But I am 6-3 so stfu!

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d82/sofullofwayne/S3010031.jpg

sa_butta
01-25-2006, 03:21 PM
^^those are sweet but, I like my ballin shoes to be all black.

WTF is the computer chip for?

Brutalis
01-25-2006, 03:32 PM
nevermind!

Spurminator
01-25-2006, 03:35 PM
I don't think I've ever spent more than $60 on a pair of shoes.

ALVAREZ6
01-25-2006, 03:44 PM
This is why I rarely buy basketball shoes anymore, I just buy one pair to wear for playing the actual sport, then the rest are casual shoes. Bball shoes are so damn expensive...

WTF is the point of a computer chip, what's the theory/idea behind this one??

dmac
01-25-2006, 04:19 PM
This is why I rarely buy basketball shoes anymore, I just buy one pair to wear for playing the actual sport, then the rest are casual shoes. Bball shoes are so damn expensive...

to track your vertical leaping ability???

pache100
01-25-2006, 04:30 PM

http://www.adidas.com/campaigns/innovations/content/microsites/adidas_1/launch.asp?strCountry_adidascom=us&strBrand_adidascom=performance&CMP=

Either run your mouse over the spot that says "Home.00" or wait until the film runs and get the full menu. When you see the menu, click on "The Technology" and it will show you where the chip is and what its purpose is.

Carie
01-25-2006, 04:56 PM
Hasn't Tim worn his old shoes since his ankle injury? If so, doesn't say great things about the new ones. :)

sa_butta
01-25-2006, 05:08 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/2005-03-02-smart-usat_x.htm

ALVAREZ6
01-25-2006, 05:36 PM
they are ugly...and WTF, they're running shoes...Tim is gonna break an ankle.

sa_butta
01-25-2006, 05:40 PM
they are ugly...and WTF, they're running shoes...Tim is gonna break an ankle.Those are not the Duncans that is a running shoe with the chip. I just provided the link to inform of the technology. I dont think the Duncans have been debut yet.

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-25-2006, 05:40 PM
I can't wear Adidas because I re-injure my right ankle (badly) every time I've tried a pair. Their ankle support sucks.

SouthernFried
01-25-2006, 06:23 PM
Man, they haven't made decent looking basketball shoes in like a decade. I rememeber the Chris Webbers when he first came into the league were ok. Before that, most of the Michael Jordans were nice...then they screwed em up. I still have 4 pairs of MJ's shoes from the late 80's and early 90's. Even have an old pair of David Robinsons pump-ups. They say the Japanese pay big bucks for used tennies...lol.

Haven't seen a basketball shoe I've liked in a very long time. I just buy well made running shoes....whatever's on sale ;)

Phenomanul
01-25-2006, 06:38 PM
I can't wear Adidas because I re-injure my right ankle (badly) every time I've tried a pair. Their ankle support is retarded.

corrected... (now it is in Duncan slang)

SequSpur
01-25-2006, 06:40 PM
Tpark wears SAS shoes.

http://shop.com.edgesuite.net/ccimg.catalogcity.com/210000/212700/212798/products/6035764.jpg

ALVAREZ6
01-25-2006, 07:11 PM
Those are not the Duncans that is a running shoe with the chip. I just provided the link to inform of the technology. I dont think the Duncans have been debut yet.
Oh, ok, I hoped so :lol

ALVAREZ6
01-25-2006, 07:13 PM
I can't wear Adidas because I re-injure my right ankle (badly) every time I've tried a pair. Their ankle support sucks.
Yeah, their ankle support sucks...I wear adidas, but not adidas basketball shoes, just casual.

I used to have T-Macs and I've sprained my ankle a couple of times in them. They suck.

All adidas bball shoes tend to be out of proportion in a way that the soles of the shoes are much heavier than the padding around your ankle...making it easy to get injured.

Nike and Reebok's shoes are good for basketball.

raspsa
01-25-2006, 09:33 PM
What will the computer chip do, flash a red light when its time to rest his feet from all that pounding?

T-Pain
01-25-2006, 10:26 PM
WOW, i didnt know duncans were gonna have a chip in it, i think the new KG's are badass, cant wait to see what tims gonna look like.

spursjustice
01-26-2006, 08:54 AM
What will the computer chip do, flash a red light when its time to rest his feet from all that pounding?

It's supposed to adjust the cushioning depending on the force placed on the shoe or some shit like that... why can't they use that technology and make a shoe that will give unathletic guys like me a 42 inch leap?

My all time favourite shoe, (call me old fashioned), Reebok Pumps :P

sa_butta
01-26-2006, 10:30 AM
It's supposed to adjust the cushioning depending on the force placed on the shoe or some shit like that... why can't they use that technology and make a shoe that will give unathletic guys like me a 42 inch leap?

My all time favourite shoe, (call me old fashioned), Reebok Pumps :PI guess you never tried Karl Malones Catapults back in the day. :lol Man the shit they come up with. I just buy Jordans to play ball in cause they are comfortable and they last me. I still use ankle braces to support my ankles though cause I have sprained both of my ankles 4 times.

MI21
01-27-2006, 12:34 PM
I'll stick to high end Jordan and Nike brand shoes. Had nothing but bad experiences with every other brand (barring a few exceptions) over the years, and I consistently buy 8-10 pairs of shoes a year and probably have around 70 at the moment.

Gotta admit I am curious as to what these computer chip ones are like though, but that price is just amazing.

nkdlunch
01-27-2006, 12:47 PM
it's lojack chip, so u can find the bastard who stole them and kick his ass

Mixability
01-27-2006, 01:25 PM
I guess you never tried Karl Malones Catapults back in the day. :lol

Damn, going way back! Those were stupid. But I knew a few morons that bought them and still got schooled on the court.

Marklar MM
01-27-2006, 03:23 PM
why can't they use that technology and make a shoe that will give unathletic guys like me a 42 inch leap?

Moon Shoes have been around forever my friend.

romsey31
02-06-2006, 06:17 PM
Somebody hook me up with the Duncans. :)

I got the 2001 KG's. I still think they are one the most badass shoes ever. I haven't glossed and cleaned them in forever though.

Yes. Size 13. I know. My feet are huge. But I am 6-3 so stfu!

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d82/sofullofwayne/S3010031.jpg

LMAO I'm around 6 4 and I wear a size 10. Your foot is HUGE!!!!!!!

Kori Ellis
02-06-2006, 06:20 PM
LMAO I'm around 6 4 and I wear a size 10. Your foot is HUGE!!!!!!!

Or yours is small. :spin

My husband is 6' and wears 14.

romsey31
02-06-2006, 06:27 PM

Try Carmello's new kicks, they really support your feet, or the Barkleys. Most comfy ball shoes ever. I got the new Tmacs with the wood in them, they snug your foot, with the strap & all but not as comfy as the Mellos imo.

romsey31
02-06-2006, 06:28 PM

Btw small feet doesnt mean anything ok :angel

romsey31
02-06-2006, 06:30 PM
I'll stick to high end Jordan and Nike brand shoes. Had nothing but bad experiences with every other brand (barring a few exceptions) over the years, and I consistently buy 8-10 pairs of shoes a year and probably have around 70 at the moment.

Gotta admit I am curious as to what these computer chip ones are like though, but that price is just amazing.

IMO MJ doesnt make good ball shoes anymore. I buy them to wear out, they just arent that comfy anymore, thats my opinion.

SouthernFried
02-06-2006, 07:43 PM
I actually looked at shoes this weekend. Man, what crap. The stupid glitz they put on shoes these days is just silly. Gimmicks out the ass. Just give me an all leather tennis shoe, thats made well. All I asked...and couldn't find.

Nephets
02-06-2006, 08:44 PM
300 bucks for something that is very likely to get dirty and only costed about 5 dollars to make.

I have a good pair of Nike and And1 basketball shoes that costed like 70 dollars, more reasonable than spending 300+ dollars for a name on a shoe.

SoCalSpursFan
02-06-2006, 08:58 PM
I went to Nike.com and built my own pair of Kobe's Shoes, but in Spurs colors and with 21 instead of 8. If you havn't built your own shoe yet it is pretty cool, I would recommend it.

Also, 250 is soooooo much $ for a shoe!

If I bought it, would it automatically lower my FT %?

j/k I love Timmy. :elephant

ABDENOUR POWER
02-06-2006, 09:56 PM

:lmao

TDMVPDPOY
02-07-2006, 12:42 AM
i just buy casual shoes and play in them

the good shoes were the first webber airmax and the barkleys

Kori Ellis
02-16-2006, 07:42 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/features/allstarShoeGallery

Whose shoes do you like the most?

I think I like Kobe's.

Summers
02-16-2006, 07:53 PM

I think I like Kobe's.

The "phallic" logo... :lol I wouldn't have noticed it if they hadn't pointed it out. Yeah, his and Timmy's are my favorite... just plain, simple, lace-ups. I don't like velcro or too much color (I get that the all-star shoes are flashier than usual). I've always hated LeBron's shoes... like S&M in a tennie! Oh, and I thought the flame pattern was cool on Shaq's.

Kori Ellis
02-16-2006, 07:54 PM
The "phallic" logo... :lol I wouldn't have noticed it if they hadn't pointed it out. Yeah, his and Timmy's are my favorite... just plain, simple, lace-ups. I don't like velcro or too much color (I get that the all-star shoes are flashier than usual). I've always hated LeBron's shoes... like S&M in a tennie! Oh, and I thought the flame pattern was cool on Shaq's.

I think LeBron's and Iverson's are horrible.

1Parker1
02-16-2006, 07:57 PM
I think LeBron's and Iverson's are horrible.

:tu Lebron's are UGLY~!

I like Kobe's and Duncan's...but my fav are the Jordans!

Duncan's are the only shoes that don't have a bright blue or red color :lol

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
02-16-2006, 07:57 PM
I like Vince's

clooneyschick04
02-16-2006, 07:58 PM

I think I like Kobe's.

I quite like Nash's.

KEDA
02-16-2006, 08:17 PM
Ill be getting the Duncans

Ill also be getting the Jordans, hopefully the UNC color scheme will be on its way soon, or the black ones, I like the white ones but they are already sold out in my size (11.5)

tw05baller
02-16-2006, 08:25 PM
i like yao's

Kori Ellis
02-16-2006, 08:26 PM

Ill also be getting the Jordans, hopefully the UNC color scheme will be on its way soon, or the black ones, I like the white ones but they are already sold out in my size (11.5)

Wow, you'd be willing to pay $250 for the Duncans? They don't seem worth it.

tw05baller
02-16-2006, 08:26 PM

.................................................. ......................so am i ^^ so do i^^

romsey31
02-16-2006, 08:43 PM

I think I like Kobe's.'

I bought the Kobe's but if i had seen the lebrons..........dammm
:elephant

lilmads
02-16-2006, 08:49 PM
Wade's and Bryant's are my favs

romsey31
02-16-2006, 08:49 PM
OMGGGGG check out the TMACSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS (drolling)

KEDA
02-17-2006, 07:06 AM

yeah, I like them.

and I found out that the Jordans havent been released yet, the website had already sold out of my size through pre-order.

romsey31
02-17-2006, 07:27 AM
yeah, I like them.

and I found out that the Jordans havent been released yet, the website had already sold out of my size through pre-order.

The jordans has been released, I saw them with my own eyes in st maarten, well not that color. Maybe its the colour they are releasing tomorrow.

polandprzem
02-17-2006, 08:34 AM
1.Jordans
2.Nash's
3.Kobes
4.Mings
5.Duncans

101A
02-17-2006, 09:39 AM
... the website had already sold out of my size through pre-order.

6 1/2 's ?

LilMissSPURfect
02-17-2006, 09:53 AM
Tpark wears SAS shoes.

http://shop.com.edgesuite.net/ccimg.catalogcity.com/210000/212700/212798/products/6035764.jpg
:D :D :D

ALVAREZ6
02-17-2006, 09:54 AM
The Jordans are sick.

I like Yao's shoe a lot too.

ALVAREZ6
02-17-2006, 09:58 AM
T-MAC's

http://www.finishline.com/store/images/products/xl809090brn.jpg

gospursgojas
02-17-2006, 10:02 AM
I like Lebron's and VC's, and sorry but Timmys are way to expensive for a shoe that isnt that great looking, in fact I think they are ugly. It looks like a high top running shoe....

Phenomanul
02-17-2006, 10:07 AM
What is up with the color on the Duncans???? Urine color???

WalterBenitez
02-17-2006, 01:15 PM
"The Adidas 1 uses a sensor, a microprocessor and a motorized cable system to automatically adjust the shoes' cushioning. The sensor under the heel measures compression and decides whether the shoe is too soft or firm. That information is sent to the microprocessor and, while the shoe is in the air, the cable adjusts the heel cushion. The whole system weighs less than 40 grams."

This tech shoes will prevent TD from a new injury?

about shoes, I'll go with

TIM > WADE > MJ > Nash ... Nash's ones ($75) are probably the only one I coud buy with my salary :blah

WalterBenitez
02-17-2006, 01:16 PM
:lmao

KEDA
02-17-2006, 02:09 PM

101A

is reading a new thing for you?

ALVAREZ6
02-17-2006, 02:34 PM
I just got back from the mall, a saw the those Kobe's, the AI's, and the Yao's, oh yeah and the VC shox.

KEDA
02-17-2006, 07:27 PM
I called a friend of mine who works at the Finish Line at Ingram, they will be opening an hour early for the release of the Jordan XXI

so I know where Ill be in the morinig.

thekingrobert
02-17-2006, 11:42 PM
i like these and they are cheaper
http://cgi.ebay.com/neW-Adidas-foRum-miD-tiM-dunCan-10-5-10-UK_W0QQitemZ7709355202QQcategoryZ63850QQssPageName ZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

KEDA
02-17-2006, 11:44 PM
and those would be knock offs

T-Pain
03-09-2006, 05:52 PM
hey when do the duncans come out again? someone asked me that at work and i was embarassed cuz i didnt know when. i just didnt know because these shoes are so expensive i dont even care to know when it comes out.

KEDA
03-09-2006, 05:57 PM
The Addidas 1 Basketball shoe is due out in September, if I remember correctly.

BTW I have had my Jordan XXIs for about a month now, and I like them alot. The VIs and the IVs are going to be retroed this year so I will be getting those too.

T-Pain
03-09-2006, 05:59 PM
how are those XXI's? are they comfy?

for those interested theres a forum called niketalk.com. its got all the release dates for all major brands. its pretty sweet.

www.niketalk.com

KEDA
03-09-2006, 06:00 PM
uptempoair (http://www.uptempoair.com)

this site has authentic NIB Jordans and other old school basketball shoes for sale, and they are all authentic!!!

Im looking at getting the 17s all black in suede, next to the XIs those were my favorite!