PDA

View Full Version : if manu was manu this year

ducks
01-25-2006, 02:03 PM
and did not get hurt how many more wins would the spurs have?
some are saying if duncan has been duncan
well manu is not playing like the allstar he was last year either.

Ginofan
01-25-2006, 02:06 PM
Manu hasn't had the chance to play like he did last year.

But I think we'd have perhaps 3 or so more wins.

Old School Chic
01-25-2006, 02:07 PM
Cut Manu some slack. As for Duncan, he needs to liven up before Kobe replaces him next year. :spin

SA210
01-25-2006, 02:16 PM
If Manu was Manu this year, we wouldn't be debating if Tony was an MVP candidate.

Kori Ellis
01-25-2006, 02:19 PM
Cut Manu some slack. As for Duncan, he needs to liven up before Kobe replaces him next year. :spin

Not just for you Chic, but ...
I don't get why Manu is excused for injuries but not Duncan. :wtf

ALVAREZ6
01-25-2006, 02:19 PM
ducks, you are retarded....

Brutalis
01-25-2006, 02:23 PM
Exactly Kori.

People feel sorry for poor Manu but when it comes to Timmy people create harsh threads and hate on him. Maybe it's because he is the franchise player or something but I don't get it.

But Manu is the sole reason why our club has been struggling on and off. He is the missing link and I'm sure he knows inside what his duties are to this team. Although I'm not hating on him I'm just saying, get healthy soon Manu, we need ya.

vanvannen
01-25-2006, 02:23 PM

Maybe because Manu's injuries had sidelined him quite a few games while TD is looking really bad playing throw them.

BigVee
01-25-2006, 02:24 PM

Here, here. I love Manu's game, fire, intensity, etc. But what about TD. He is obviously not right....witness far inferior players getting rebounds that he just has no lift for....but not much is said about it...especially by him. He just does his best and makes no excuses. Not that Manu does...others do it for him.

spurster
01-25-2006, 02:26 PM
You're right, Kori. We should be fair and hate them all. (<--- bad joke)

SA210
01-25-2006, 02:53 PM
Manu brings it every night.

SenorSpur
01-25-2006, 02:55 PM
For whatever excuse we want to use, the Spurs should be at least 5 games better than their current 32-10 record. Consider these ones that got away:

Home losses to Chicago and Denver (what?)

Road losses to Atlanta (inexcusable), New Orleans/OK City (inexcusable), and Milwaukee (last second shot by Bogut - Duncan fouls out - where's the "D" Rasho?)

Because of the high level that Detroit is playing at now, there's no way they were going to beat the Pistons at this point.

Therefore, instead of 32-10, I say they should be 37-5. I know that's being greedy.

mavsfan1000
01-25-2006, 03:47 PM
The spurs have Finley, Barry, Van Exel, Beno. Talk about deep. They don't miss Manu that much. It also gave Parker opportunities to gain confidence in his offensive game.

ALVAREZ6
01-25-2006, 03:48 PM
Therefore, instead of 32-10, I say they should be 37-5. I know that's being greedy.
Not at all, I agree.

nkdlunch
01-25-2006, 03:58 PM
Maybe because Manu's injuries had sidelined him quite a few games while TD is looking really bad playing throw them.

Bingo, different injuries. Manu's injuries actually don't let him play at all. On the other hand Tims injury lets him play but badly. That's why spursfans are more mad at Duncan than Manu. unfair but makes sense

regarding the original question. Who cares? all that matters is the championship

FoxMulder
01-25-2006, 04:06 PM
Tim is playing injured?

SenorSpur
01-25-2006, 04:14 PM
Tim is playing injured?

Yes, he's afflicted with a chronic foot injury - Plantar Fasciitis

http://www.webmd.com/hw/foot_problems/hw114460.asp

What is plantar fasciitis?
Plantar fasciitis is the most common cause of heel pain. It occurs when the long, flat ligament on the bottom of the foot (plantar fascia) stretches irregularly and develops small tears that cause the ligament to become inflamed. Plantar fasciitis is a common problem among middle-aged adults and some athletes.

smeagol
01-25-2006, 04:14 PM
Anybody hating on Tim of Manu is a moron. Those two guys (plus TP) are the reason the Spurs will contend for years to come.

mavsfan1000
01-25-2006, 04:18 PM
Yes, he's afflicted with a chronic foot injury.
Well that sucks for Tim. Still don't notice him in any pain during the game.

FoxMulder
01-25-2006, 04:21 PM
Yes, he's afflicted with a chronic foot injury.
Bad news then... I hope they cant heal as soon as possible... but anyways the Spurs have a great roster and a great team....

Tim at 50% is still a great player....

this year it seems to be jinx

doldrums
01-25-2006, 04:23 PM
The spurs have Finley, Barry, Van Exel, Beno. Talk about deep. They don't miss Manu that much. It also gave Parker opportunities to gain confidence in his offensive game.

You're joking. None of those players have come close to filling in for him.

leemajors
01-25-2006, 04:26 PM
joking or stupid, it's really hard to tell.

Solid D
01-25-2006, 04:30 PM
Tim and Manu both want to play and, as it has been reported in the past, both try to hide their hurts when they can get away with it.

If it has been an ankle sprain, both Timmy and Manu have had to sit because it's difficult to go with those types of injuries. The deep thigh bruises were something Manu tried to hide but it was obvious to everyone he wasn't effective. When it was determined that rest was the best recovery plan for Manu, Pop sat him. It's my understanding that Plantar Faciitis isn't necessarily improved with rest. I may be wrong about that so please correct me if that's not correct. It's also my understanding that surgery doesn't always help it. Heel inserts or heel seats can help in some cases.

I don't think Manu is getting special treatment over Timmy. If anyone acts like they've been seriously injured after getting dinged, it's Tim. It's just the way he deals with it. Once the initial minutes pass, both players will go if they can convince Pop to allow them to play. I think the diagnosis and recovery plan determines what happens from there with Pop.

Obstructed_View
01-25-2006, 04:52 PM
If only if only if only. Some of you girls would be at home on a Pacers board. The season's half over, for God's sake.

BigVee
01-25-2006, 04:54 PM
Well that sucks for Tim. Still don't notice him in any pain during the game.

You may not see signs of pain, but he has been beaten to rebounds by inferior players more times this year than in all the years he has played combined.

abelle23
01-25-2006, 05:17 PM
If Manu was Manu this year, we wouldn't be debating if Tony was an MVP candidate.
i agree :spin

SA210
01-25-2006, 05:37 PM
Anybody hating on Tim of Manu is a moron. Those two guys (plus TP) are the reason the Spurs will contend for years to come.
Just because Tim will help us contend for years to come doesn't mean he's not slacking right now. You might want to retract your "moron" statement.

Kori Ellis
01-25-2006, 05:40 PM
Just because Tim will help us contend for years to come doesn't mean he's not slacking right now. You might want to retract your "moron" statement.

Is he "slacking" or hurt?

sa_butta
01-25-2006, 05:42 PM
Is he "slacking" or hurt?Who is to say cause Duncan wont admit he is hurting of course.
but most likely the latter.

Kori Ellis
01-25-2006, 05:45 PM
Well I was actually being sarcastic with the question. I think it's ridiculous for Spurs fans to complain that Tim is slacking or not bringing it every night. Of course he's hurt. The coaching staff has repeatedly said that he has a really hard time pivoting, jumping, etc. He's having a difficult time and playing through the injury.

I'm just saying that everybody gives Manu a break (he's been injured four times this season -- if he were Marcus Camby, you'd call him a china doll) and Tim is playing thru an injury and gets bashed.

Spurs fans :rolleyes

ducks
01-25-2006, 05:48 PM
I am a moron because people are saying if duncan was putting up stats like he did in the past what the spurs record is
manu last year played better at this time in the season
I am not calling him out. He has been hurt it is ok. Spurs are fine. They need him in the playoffs. I am just asking what the spurs record will be.

seems to me manu can do no wrong but everyone else can......

sa_butta
01-25-2006, 05:48 PM
I think it goes back to him being a franchise player and more is expected of him. People arent looking at an injured TD taking one for the team and playing through it. They are looking at TD going out on the floor shooting poorly and not getting a double double every night.

leemajors
01-25-2006, 05:52 PM
he's still leading the league in dub dubs

sa_butta
01-25-2006, 05:54 PM
he's still leading the league in dub dubstrue, bad example but the point is people expect him to put up MVP numbers all the time.

Kori Ellis
01-25-2006, 05:55 PM
I think it goes back to him being a franchise player and more is expected of him. People arent looking at an injured TD taking one for the team and playing through it. They are looking at TD going out on the floor shooting poorly and not getting a double double every night.

Here's the irony:

Timmy D last year

20.3 ppg
11.1 rpg
49.6 FG%
33.4 mpg

Timmy D this year

20.0 ppg
11.6 rpg
50.2 FG%
35.7 mpg

So though some nights Tim doesn't look good on the floor, lacking on D, rebounding or something else, he's still putting up the same numbers as last year.

Like I've said in several other threads, Spurs fans are spoiled.

sa_butta
01-25-2006, 05:58 PM
base on those stats he actually is better this year with the injury.
I guess things are not always as they seem. Give the guy a break besides, TP has really stepped up a notch this year which I thought would have taken away from TD's numbers but I guess not.

smeagol
01-25-2006, 06:00 PM
No, I wont retract, actually I elevate what I said to the power of two: whoever bashes Tim because of the way he is playing is a double moron.

As many people have said, he is hurt, and playing through it. It does not take a an Einstien to figure that one out.

Sportman
01-25-2006, 06:00 PM
I really dont know what would happen if manu was playing at this moment, but i can assure you he will be doing good things for the team. And as a person said before, we wouldnt discuss if tony should be a MVP................well saying it, provokes me LAUGHING lol lol lol

ShoogarBear
01-25-2006, 08:07 PM
I don't get why Manu is excused for injuries but not Duncan. :wtfGee, maybe it's because, Duncan isn't the most smartest, most hustlingest, most clutchest, most handsomest, most perfectest, most greatest player who ever lived?

ShoogarBear
01-25-2006, 08:13 PM
If Manu was Manu this year, we wouldn't be debating if Tony was an MVP candidate.Coming Up Next: the thread about how Tony is actually CAUSING Manu's injuries.

1Parker1
01-25-2006, 08:46 PM
Gee, maybe it's because, Duncan isn't the most smartest, most hustlingest, most clutchest, most handsomest, most perfectest, most greatest player who ever lived?

You're right. Tony is :spin :lol

IceColdBrewski
01-25-2006, 09:10 PM
Kinda hard to play at his usual All-Star level when he's battling injuries. He's still the 2nd best player this team has.

1Parker1
01-25-2006, 09:12 PM
Kinda hard to play at his usual All-Star level when he's battling injuries. He's still the 2nd best player this team has.

:lol

ALVAREZ6
01-25-2006, 09:14 PM
What's so funny????

:lol

IceColdBrewski
01-25-2006, 09:32 PM
What's so funny????

She's just a parker homer. Try not to stare.

ALVAREZ6
01-25-2006, 09:39 PM
:lol I know, of course she is, I was bein sarcastic by asking her what is so funny, meaning the Manu comment is true...

SequSpur
01-25-2006, 09:57 PM
Ducks,

Manu is Manu, you fucking idiot.

ShoogarBear
01-25-2006, 10:25 PM
Ducks,

Manu is Manu, you fucking idiot.:lmao :lmao

Thanks, Sequ. I don't have to do any situps tonight after busting my gut.

T Park
01-25-2006, 10:33 PM

yeah cause Parker hasn't done shit this year.

No suprise

lack of posting = Parker's best season ever

IceColdBrewski
01-25-2006, 10:49 PM

No suprise

What? :lol

Nobody is denying that Parker has finally improved enough to live up to the pole-smoking that guys like you thought him worthy of years ago. But I've already said before, I'm holding out final judgement until I see him bring it in the playoffs without pulling the disappearing acts. But even if he does, you'll never convince me that Parker is a better baller than Manu. N-E-V-E-R.

1Parker1
01-26-2006, 11:11 AM
:rolleyes, Yes I'm a Parker homer and you're a Manu homer. What's your point?

You're like a broken record, Ice, you never bring anything new to the table.

ALVAREZ6
01-26-2006, 12:25 PM

No suprise

Why are you so anal??? It was a joke...chill