PDA

View Full Version : Redd is killing the Pistons

Jimcs50
01-25-2006, 10:05 PM
Has 39 in OT

Jimcs50
01-25-2006, 10:07 PM
99-98 Pistons, 5 straight points, after Redd's last basket.

Damn.

50 secs left, Bucks' ball

Jimcs50
01-25-2006, 10:09 PM
Billups another 3....&^^%%$##

Pistons up 4 now....8 straight points in last 40 secs

Trainwreck2100
01-25-2006, 10:10 PM
you jinxed them, hurry up and say Milwaukee sucks

malkool52
01-25-2006, 10:11 PM
Eat some crow.

Jimcs50
01-25-2006, 10:13 PM
I was reporting the game to you guys...there was no jinx, them Bucks had 4 pt lead and ball with 2 mins left in OT, then gave up 10 straight points.

circles_eternal
01-25-2006, 10:14 PM
chauncey...

sick.

mike detroit
01-25-2006, 10:24 PM
all i can say is LOL

(though i must admit i was worried for a minute there)

Solid D
01-25-2006, 10:41 PM
Like a broken record...when Detroit needs to score, they go to the Billups/Rasheed high screen play every trip and they make up a 4-point deficit in OT in the final 2 minutes to win it.

FreshPrince22
01-25-2006, 10:41 PM
ugghhh... That game was annoying. The Pistons were draggin' ass tonight on the 2nd of a back to back. Redd was absolutely ON FIRE. He and Mo Williams wouldn't miss in the 4th quarter. Luckily Mr. MVP came to our rescue.

FreshPrince22
01-25-2006, 10:44 PM
Like a broken record...when Detroit needs to score, they go to the Billups/Rasheed high screen play every trip and they make up a 4-point deficit in OT in the final 2 minutes to win it.

It's un-guardable in the clutch. If you try to overplay on Chauncey, Rasheed will knock down that trey. If you stay home on Sheed you're at Chauncey mercy for the trey or the drive. You just have to hope they miss.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
01-25-2006, 10:59 PM
ugghhh... That game was annoying. The Pistons were draggin' ass tonight on the 2nd of a back to back. Redd was absolutely ON FIRE. He and Mo Williams wouldn't miss in the 4th quarter. Luckily Mr. MVP came to our rescue.

Kobe Bryant??

Brutalis
01-25-2006, 10:59 PM
mr. MVP ahahahahah :lmao

Nice clutch play once again though.

ABDENOUR POWER
01-25-2006, 11:04 PM
35-5 baby.

Vinnie_Johnson
01-25-2006, 11:09 PM
Billips is having a great year but with the amount of stars The Pistons have he won't be the MVP he may get some MP3 votes.

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-25-2006, 11:10 PM

Interesting that they now have their go-to play in the clutch. They are really closing teams out this year and it's scary. It appears that Flip is a better coach for these guys than that Larry guy.

How many times did the Spurs clear out and run the offense through Manu the last minute of playoff games last year? And he came through over and over again by either scoring or hitting someone open from his double-teams. Now Detroit has their version of last minute clutch.

They might be pretty good.

DDS4
01-25-2006, 11:19 PM
That high pick-n-roll with Billups and Sheed is pretty deadly.

bdubya
01-25-2006, 11:20 PM
Seems like Redd always feels right at home in the Palace....gonna have to work on that.

FreshPrince22
01-25-2006, 11:25 PM
Seems like Redd always feels right at home in the Palace....gonna have to work on that.

He is about a 60% career 3 point shooter against us. He was 55% before today (hit 5 of 6). It's just stupid. Seems like he's about to grab the pass, and by the time you see him, the shot is already halfway to the rim. It's just so quick. He hits some TOUGH shots. On top of all that scoring, he had 8 boards and 9 assists today. :pctoss

mike detroit
01-26-2006, 01:10 AM
redd is a fucking badass, i'd love to have him on my team. he's just tough for anyone to guard. if he had anyone around him, he'd be amazing.

Carrera_4S
01-26-2006, 01:45 AM
Interesting that they now have their go-to play in the clutch. They are really closing teams out this year and it's scary. It appears that Flip is a better coach for these guys than that Larry guy.

How many times did the Spurs clear out and run the offense through Manu the last minute of playoff games last year? And he came through over and over again by either scoring or hitting someone open from his double-teams. Now Detroit has their version of last minute clutch.

They might be pretty good.

Last time I checked, we've beaten you twice this season...with AND without Manu. That being the case, If we might just be "pretty good", where does San Antonio fall?

mike detroit
01-26-2006, 01:49 AM
actually if you follow espn, there are no good teams in the nba this year. there's a bunch of teams around .500, anyone else doesn't warrant a mention.

Solid D
01-26-2006, 01:58 AM
Detroit is clearly the best team in the NBA through the first half of the season. The question is, do they continue on and finish the deed like the 1984 Detroit Tigers, starting fast and finishing strong? Or, will they be like the Indianapolis Colts rolling along undefeated and then lose their way due to a loss of intensity and some uncontrollable event?

Life is a box of chocolates. Let's play it out and see who ends up with the piece that looked so good on the outside and .......

Carie
01-26-2006, 08:43 AM
Last time I checked, we've beaten you twice this season...with AND without Manu. That being the case, If we might just be "pretty good", where does San Antonio fall?
Carrera I think he was being sarcastic.

Pistons < Spurs
01-26-2006, 09:17 AM
Or, will they be like the Indianapolis Colts rolling along undefeated and then lose their way due to a loss of intensity and some uncontrollable event?

Uncontrollable events can always derail a team, but the difference w/ Detroit and the Colts is that the Pistons are a Championship caliber team familiar with the rigors of the playoffs. They simply know what it takes to win. Whereas the Colts ended up doing what they do every year.

I see no reason to even comtemplate the Pistons not being in the Finals......But like they say, that's why you play the games.

1Parker1
01-26-2006, 11:07 AM
Detroit is clearly the best team in the NBA through the first half of the season. The question is, do they continue on and finish the deed like the 1984 Detroit Tigers, starting fast and finishing strong? Or, will they be like the Indianapolis Colts rolling along undefeated and then lose their way due to a loss of intensity and some uncontrollable event?

Life is a box of chocolates. Let's play it out and see who ends up with the piece that looked so good on the outside and .......

Normally I'd agree with you. But with the way the Pistons have been playing so far, and with their talent and experience....I still can't figure out what the heck their weakness is this season! Overconfidence? Well, you could argue they had that last season also...and it still got them to a Game 7 in the Finals.

Budkin
01-26-2006, 11:13 AM
The only thing that will stop the Pistons from getting to the Finals is if they burn out from pushing it so hard in the regular season or if there is an injury to one of their starters.

bdubya
01-26-2006, 11:26 AM
xperience....I still can't figure out what the heck their weakness is this season! Overconfidence? Well, you could argue they had that last season also...and it still got them to a Game 7 in the Finals.

I think "overconfidence" is unlikely for a team that's owned the trophy and then seen it taken away. My big fear is if they're peaking too early; if a team like the Spurs or MIA is getting it together when it really counts, the great start won't mean a whole lot. The way they're playing now is great, but "now" is still January....

FreshPrince22
01-26-2006, 11:52 AM
The only thing that will stop the Pistons from getting to the Finals is if they burn out from pushing it so hard in the regular season or if there is an injury to one of their starters.

Honestly they don't appear to be "pushing it" more than last year. They can just score more easily now. If anything it takes less energy since they don't have to worry about locking down defensively for 48 minutes just to win against lesser teams.

leemajors
01-26-2006, 12:20 PM
redd is like marino, blink and the ball is gone.

JamStone
01-26-2006, 12:42 PM
Every team still tries to win each game. The fact that the Pistons actually are winning more games that they may have lost in previous years doesn't mean they're "pushing it" more than in previous seasons. I think it means they're just better this year in closing out games, and that they've been pretty lucky in terms of getting the right bounces in certain games and the core players have stayed relatively healthy all season long.

I don't think the Phoenix Suns burnt out last season, and their system of play is more condusive to getting burnt out at the end of the season. I think the Suns just got beat by a better team.

If other teams' fans' best hope against the Pistons is if they either get burnt out or get injured, then I think the Detroit Pistons are in pretty good shape.

BigVee
01-26-2006, 01:43 PM
Detroit is in another world right now. But I agree with JamStone, things have gone their way. When they have needed a bucket, they get one, when they need a long rebound it goes that way, etc. They aren't lucky, they are damn good, but along with being so good, they are getting the breaks as well. Sometimes that changes, sometimes it stays that way all year. We will see. Being a great team and getting the bounces and health is a deadly combination. If the playoffs started today....16-0 would be a real possibility.

himat
01-26-2006, 04:15 PM

the difference is that in the nba it's a 7 game series not a single elimination. plus colts are known for choking pistons have been known for pulling off so called upsets.

Carrera_4S
01-27-2006, 10:58 PM
Carrera I think he was being sarcastic.

LOL... I wasn't...

Supreme Allah
01-30-2006, 07:20 PM
redd is a fucking badass, i'd love to have him on my team. he's just tough for anyone to guard. if he had anyone around him, he'd be amazing.

I cant wait until Ford, and Bogut mature more as players. We will be dominating.

jochhejaam
01-30-2006, 08:18 PM
I cant wait until Ford, and Bogut mature more as players. We will be dominating.
I don't know about dominating but you've got a nice young team on the rise there.