PDA

View Full Version : O'Neal out 8 weeks with groin injury

ducks
01-26-2006, 03:13 PM
O'Neal out 8 weeks with groin injury

INDIANAPOLIS -- Jermaine O'Neal is expected to miss at least eight weeks with a left groin tear, leaving the Indiana Pacers without their leading scorer and rebounder.

Jermaine O'Neal
Forward-Center
Indiana Pacers

2006 SEASON STATISTICS
GM PPG RPG APG FG% FT%
35 20.9 9.8 2.3 46.886 71.429

The news came Thursday, a day after the Pacers acquired sharpshooter Peja Stojakovic from the Sacramento Kings for the volatile Ron Artest.

The Pacers described the injury as "significant," but said it was doubtful he would need surgery.

O'Neal injured his groin in the fourth quarter of Indiana's loss at Cleveland on Tuesday.

After the game, O'Neal said, "We sure have had enough bad luck for a year. I'm really, really concerned. I heard it pop. Hopefully, I won't need surgery."

O'Neal leads the Pacers with 20.9 points and 9.8 rebounds per game. When he joins the team, Stojakovic has a 16.5-point scoring average.

Indiana has a 21-20 record and is third in the Central Division.

JamStone
01-26-2006, 03:34 PM
Remember in the off-season all of the "PACERS v. SPURS in the 2006 NBA FINALS" guarantees from Pacers fans?

Where are those guys?

ZStomp
01-26-2006, 03:35 PM
Of course he his. his team sux and wants no part of it.

now that they traded Artest..he's crying and this is how he is dealing with it.

SilverPlayer
01-26-2006, 03:35 PM
Time to tank the season for a lottery pick....

gospursgojas
01-26-2006, 03:42 PM
Damn...when was the last time the Pacers had the whole team available to play???

Rick Carlisle is gonna go insane before the year is up....

Horry For 3!
01-26-2006, 03:59 PM
Thats gotta suck. Hopefully Granger gets more playing time though.

angel_luv
01-26-2006, 04:09 PM
Geesh! Poor Pacers! I am not a fan of any of the people on that team but still you hate to see all that injury happen to anybody.

midgetonadonkey
01-26-2006, 04:14 PM
Dammit. The only one he is hurting by sitting out is me and my fantasy team. The Dirty Sanchez Boys will never be the same. :pctoss

leemajors
01-26-2006, 04:21 PM
Of course he his. his team sux and wants no part of it.

now that they traded Artest..he's crying and this is how he is dealing with it.

?? oneal wanted artest gone, and the only thing i think he is crying about is his torn groin, which i bet is damn painful.

alamo50
01-26-2006, 04:51 PM
Pooh.

FreshPrince22
01-26-2006, 05:09 PM
They are most the fragile, injury prone team in the history of the NBA. Jamaal "Flu like symptoms" Tinsley, Jermaine Oneal, Jonathan Bender, Jeff Foster, etc. Now they just traded for Peja "Bad back" Stojakovic, and drafted a kid that fell in the draft due to injuries (even though I like him, it's the truth). You can't win with these guys that are never going to be healthy at once.

Kori Ellis
01-26-2006, 05:10 PM
They are most the fragile, injury prone team in the history of the NBA. Jamaal "Flu like symptoms" Tinsley, Jermaine Oneal, Jonathan Bender, Jeff Foster, etc. Now they just traded for Peja "Bad back" Stojakovic, and drafted a kid that fell in the draft due to injuries (even though I like him, it's the truth). You can't win with these guys that are never going to be healthy at once.

True. I used to think they were just unlucky, but they are always injured.

They need to drink milk, take vitamins, or something.

leemajors
01-26-2006, 05:53 PM
how can my bones be brittle, i drink plenty of... malk?

sa_butta
01-26-2006, 05:57 PM
Damn I thought it was going to be Shaq. Oh well too bad for the Pacers. I guess now they rely more on Peja for some more scoring for a while.

ABDENOUR POWER
01-26-2006, 06:15 PM
Does this mean that since J.O. can't play in the All-Star game Sheed will step into his starting spot because he has the next highest number of fan votes?

leemajors
01-26-2006, 06:16 PM
it may be a coach's pick situation, i am not sure.

2centsworth
01-26-2006, 07:33 PM
Pacer fans have got to be some of the most irritating I've ever seen on this site. They are right up there with the one Wolves fan.

ALVAREZ6
01-26-2006, 07:40 PM
ouch...

midgetonadonkey
01-26-2006, 10:23 PM
I miss that Artest Factor dude. He made me laugh.

Mr. Body
01-26-2006, 10:55 PM
The Artest Factor has to come in here and start flogging how great Sacramento is now. Tough and brutal and manly and everything and how Brad Miller will block every shot Duncan ever takes.

But yeah, key members of the Pacers are tremendously injury prone. O'Neal and Tinsley are Exhibits A and B.

1Parker1
01-26-2006, 11:59 PM
Is it just me, or is JO seriously injury-prone? He misses a lot of games due to serious injuries every season it seems.

boutons_
01-27-2006, 04:14 AM
"He misses a lot of games due to serious injuries every"

This is Tim's 3rd season in a row where injury has either sat him (only 69 and 66 games started the previous 2 seasons), or hobbled his game enough to cause the Spurs to lose games/play like shit (his PF this season).

So it's not very fair to point out that another player is injury prone without seeing that Tim is in his 3rd straight year of serious injury.

1Parker1
01-27-2006, 11:06 AM
"He misses a lot of games due to serious injuries every"

This is Tim's 3rd season in a row where injury has either sat him (only 69 and 66 games started the previous 2 seasons), or hobbled his game enough to cause the Spurs to lose games/play like shit (his PF this season).

So it's not very fair to point out that another player is injury prone without seeing that Tim is in his 3rd straight year of serious injury.
'

Mr. Sunshine at it again. :rolleyes

Why is it not fair to point out that JO is injury prone, without mentioning Duncan? Duncan has nothing to do with this thread. Yes, I am quite aware that Duncan tweaked his ankle 3 times last season, Yes, I am quite aware that Manu has already had two serious injuries this season.

I am simply pointing out that JO seems to get injured a lot. Period. I'm not trying to compare his injuries to anyone elses.

spurjur
01-27-2006, 12:56 PM
Would Indy be interested in Rasho or Nazr? I would love to see Granger in a Spurs uniform. I'm just here dreaming though. Jermaine reminds me a lot of Ken Griffey Jr. They even look somewhat alike. KG Jr. has skill and talent, but can't seem to display any of it because of injury. Same with O'Neal. He is talented and has skill, but doesn't get to show all of it because of his injuries. Too bad.
Oh well.
Go Spurs Go.

ducks
01-27-2006, 03:22 PM
pacers are high on Oberto
what could spurs want if they offered him?

Taco
01-27-2006, 04:01 PM
Man the Pacers are Snake Bit