ALVAREZ6
01-26-2006, 09:59 PM
Ricky/Blount/Banks/Reed and 2 second round picks

FOR

Wally/Kandi/Dwayne Jones and a conditional first round pick
Yeah that's it...

Kori Ellis
01-26-2006, 10:00 PM
Wow that's a pretty big trade. The Wolves finally got rid of Kandi. My first impression is that Minny benefits more.

td4mvp21
01-26-2006, 10:00 PM
Wow the Timberwolves didn't get any better.

ALVAREZ6
01-26-2006, 10:02 PM
This is going to be interesting...

Wally in a Celtics uni is gonna be ugly...well, I guess everyone does, those things suck...

timvp
01-26-2006, 10:02 PM
Decent trade for the T'Wolves. They get a pretty good center and a wing who can score. I don't think it pushes them over the hump at all, but they should contend for a 4th or 5th seed.

For Boston is doesn't make a huge amount of sense. Boston fans will like Wally but that's about all I can make of it ...

ALVAREZ6
01-26-2006, 10:04 PM
This trade came out of nowhere....why would Boston want Wally???

E20
01-26-2006, 10:06 PM
They've replaced Sprewell with Ricky Davis.

ALVAREZ6
01-26-2006, 10:07 PM
What's sprewell up to now a days???

Bruno
01-26-2006, 10:08 PM
Ricky/Blount/Banks/Reed and 2 second round picks

FOR

Wally/Kandi/Dwayne Jones and a conditional first round pick

Great deal for Boston.
They save money, get the better player and a first round pick.

Kori Ellis
01-26-2006, 10:11 PM
On a side note, Minny traded Skita to the Suns for a pick.

Trainwreck2100
01-26-2006, 10:13 PM
I wonder if they will play on Sat.

exstatic
01-26-2006, 10:16 PM
He's white.

Guru of Nothing
01-26-2006, 10:16 PM
Recognizing that Kandi is irrelevant (expiring contract to boot), this bodes well for my dynasty teams - Go Perkins and Go Big Al!

Obstructed_View
01-26-2006, 10:20 PM
Since the Timberwolves only win when Wally is playing well, it'll be interesting to see which direction they go without him. I also expect Wally and Pierce to get in a fight on the floor over the ball at some point this season.

midgetonadonkey
01-26-2006, 10:22 PM
What's sprewell up to now a days???

He's working at a Walgreens.

Leetonidas
01-26-2006, 10:29 PM
http://insidehoops.com/szczerbiak-davis-trade-012606.shtml

Was Glenn Robinson apart of this trade too? :wtf

Mr. Body
01-26-2006, 10:43 PM
Would have thought Minny'd get more for Wally. Ricky Davis is hugely underwhelming.

JMarkJohns
01-26-2006, 10:53 PM
On a side note, Minny traded Skita to the Suns for a pick.

Side note?! :)

Not sure what to think. I don't think highly of the kid, but the Suns have made three players (Hunter, House and Diaw) look much, much better. Burke doesn't look bad when he's out there, just awkward. If they can get 5/6 points, 2/3 rebounds, I'll consider it a huge success.

Horry For 3!
01-26-2006, 10:58 PM
Celtics, Timberwolves involved in multiplayer deal

BOSTON (AP) -- The Boston Celtics acquired Wally Szczerbiak and Michael Olowokandi from the Minnesota Timberwolves on Thursday night in a multiplayer deal that sent Ricky Davis and three other players to Minnesota.

Davis, Mark Blount, Marcus Banks, Justin Reed and two conditional second-round draft picks are going to the slumping Timberwolves. The Celtics also get Dwayne Jones and a future first-round draft pick, Celtics spokesman Jeff Twiss said.

"We are ecstatic to acquire a player of Wally Szczerbiak's quality to complement Paul Pierce and our young talent base," Celtics director of basketball operations Danny Ainge said in a statement.

"In Wally, we are receiving an All-Star player who is playoff tested and who has been a winner at all levels. We wish Ricky, Mark, Marcus, and Justin continued success in Minnesota."

The Wolves have been involved in trade speculation for weeks, with both Szczerbiak and Olowokandi frequently being mentioned in rumors. They finally made a move Thursday, a day after a 20-point loss to Memphis, their third straight defeat.

The 6-foot-7 Szczerbiak was second on the Wolves with 20.1 points per game. The 7-foot Olowokandi, the top overall pick in the 1998 draft, has been a disappointment and scores just six per game.

Davis, a 6-7 guard, is the Celtics' second-leading scorer with 19.7 points per game. Blount averages 12.4.

Banks, a point guard and former first-round draft pick, was made expendable by the development of Delonte West.

Horry For 3!
01-26-2006, 11:01 PM
Timberwolves got the better deal.

Ricky=Wally, Blount>Olowokandi, Banks>Jones

Horry For 3!
01-26-2006, 11:03 PM
So are they going to be playing with their different teams tomorrow? Since both Timberwolves & Celtics play Friday.

1Parker1
01-26-2006, 11:30 PM
:lol Damn both teams play each other tommorow? Should be a interesting game...

Supergirl
01-26-2006, 11:30 PM
I don't understand this trade at all. Why would the C's give up the player who has been the most consistent for them this season? Why would they trade a #2 scorer who can play decent D for a #2 scorer who can't play D?

Why would the C's give up a mediocre center (Blount) for one who is even worse (Kandi)?

Does Minnesota really think they are better off with Ricky Davis as their #2? Wally is at least passive enough to let KG be the man, I think the Wolves are likely to have chemistry problems with KG and Davis on the same team. I see Davis resorting to his Cleveland ways.

Horry For 3!
01-26-2006, 11:39 PM
No. I was saying both teams play a game tomorrow. They don't play each other though.

Timberwolves play the Rockets and Celtics play the Kings.

Leetonidas
01-26-2006, 11:52 PM
No. I was saying both teams play a game tomorrow. They don't play each other though.

Timberwolves play the Rockets and Celtics play the Kings.

Oooh, Ron Artest with his new team and Wally with his new team...interesting.

leemajors
01-26-2006, 11:58 PM
blount sucks bad. he knew what to do in a contract year though, and ainge bit hook line sinker.

SequSpur
01-27-2006, 12:40 AM
Why is Rasho still a Spur?

midgetonadonkey
01-27-2006, 01:08 AM
Davis better go off like never before. The Dirty Sanchez Boys depend on it.

SenorSpur
01-27-2006, 01:13 AM
Sounds like a salary dump for both teams. This trade certainly wasn't designed to make either team better.

T Park
01-27-2006, 01:27 AM
Im gonna disagree with the majority and say this is a good trade for Boston.

Banks hasn't developed like they thought, Davis just doesn't compliment Pierce very well, and Blount has gone Malik Rose after signing the big contract.

I think this was more of a Wally for Ricky Davis, and Ill take Wally Szczerbiak any day of the week over Ricky Davis.

Dudes averaging over 20 a game and is an all star.

Davis is a ball hogging gunner.

Peter
01-27-2006, 01:30 AM
It's only natural that 'The Next Larry Bird No. 43' end up in Boston.

A Mr. Keith Van Horn, you have a call waiting at the customer service desk...

ChumpDumper
01-27-2006, 04:37 AM
I actually like this trade for Boston. Wally for Davis is pretty much a wash but they get rid of the awful mistake of Blount's contract while getting a pick and a fairly promising defensive player in Dwayne Jones who won't get in the way of the other kids' development

I don't see Blount as anywhere near a difference maker for the Wolves as he is as bad if not worse than Kandi with a larger contract.

Taco
01-27-2006, 08:50 AM

He's white.

:lol I was gonna say that

Why is Rasho still a Spur?

Just to piss you off :lol

Would you rather have Michael GimmiesomeKandi?

Pandaemonaeon
01-27-2006, 09:13 AM
About the trade, I don't really know what to make of it because it's both good and bad :D

Boston: Why the hell would you trade a ridiculously underrated, all-around swingman that's having an awesome season and is locked in for cheap in exchange for a one-dimensional, overpaid white jumpshooter? Other than Wally being white and Ricky causing trouble backstage, which to my knowledge, has yet to take place in his stay in Boston - it just doesn't make sense. And to top it all off, you had to take the Kandiman along for a (short but strenous) ride in exchange for... well okay, Blount's terrible, but giving away Reed and Banks is just too much. Isn't the Wally-Ricky swap already doing McHale a favor?

Minnesota: ahahaha Mark Blount The big man that could give you an inconsistent 12 points at the expense of doing nothing else. If only KG's still with the T-Wolves on his next contract year :lol

In fairness, they did get Reed, Banks and two 2nd rounders (which he could waste on 2 more Ndubi Ebi's!) along with him so it's not entirely bad. Anyway, let's skip to the best part about the deal - Ricky Davis! He's Sprewell only younger, more charismatic and doesn't have any kids to feed. I seriously doubt he'll raise a stink in Minny because he really wants to be there - he signed with them in 2002 only to have Cleveland match it.

[O/T] Phoenix gets Nikoloz Tskitishvili from Minny for their 2006 second round pick. Niki's been pure crap in the NBA so far and the coaches' bench him appropiately. Maybe he could resurrect his career in Phoenix playing along with Nash, maybe not - it's only a 2nd rounder. The funny part about the deal is that they like to throw around the fact that he played with D'Antoni in Italy. Yep, he definitely holds the key to unlocking the real Niki - the Niki that averaged a whopping 7 points and 2 boards a game! :lol

TwoHandJam
01-27-2006, 09:34 AM
I think Marcus Banks is actually a really good defender if memory serves. I remember Boston throwing him at Tony and he gave Tony problems.

nkdlunch
01-27-2006, 11:04 AM
Ainge is another dumbass like Isaiah

In this trade it's not who got the better players, it's who got the less sucky players, and I think that's the Wolves

ALVAREZ6
01-27-2006, 11:08 AM

In this trade it's not who got the better players, it's who got the less sucky players, and I think that's the Wolves
:lol

implacable44
01-27-2006, 11:19 AM

Is he ? He got a 20 point scorer, a 1st round draft pick and Oliwakandi's contract expires this year freeing up money for free agents because they aren't going to keep him and dwayne jones who they will cut and makes nothing ( in nba $). - he got rid of :

Ricky Davis - poor mans paul pierce who is tied up through 2008, Blount who is under contract -- until 2010, banks through 07 ( who they didn't need because delonte west - *** 2nd time they traded him so he will probably be back in green) and Justin Reed who will probably be cut. He lost 2 2nd round picks but like I said -- gained a 1st.

Seems to me the Celts got the better deal. What did KG get? Ricky Davis ? Ricky Davis is your answer? the guy that Lebron didn't want to play with ? I feel sorry for KG - hopefully he leaves Minnesota so he can go play for a contender. The best place for him would be in LA or philly where he can block shots, play defense, rebound and score 15-20 but not be the focal point - kobe or AI can take a zillion shots and KG won't care. He doesn't get his joy off scoring. He likes to play D and rebound.

Supergirl
01-27-2006, 12:45 PM
I don't see this as as great a deal for the C's as others do. Wally isn't all that great - he's going to find the offense much harder to come by now that he's not playing with KG - and Ricky was fitting in better here well. Obviously Kandi was just thrown in so Minnesota could dump him, I'm sure he'll be cut, but they gave up their only true center. He wasn't great, but now they have no one.

implacable44
01-27-2006, 01:14 PM
I don't see this as as great a deal for the C's as others do. Wally isn't all that great - he's going to find the offense much harder to come by now that he's not playing with KG - and Ricky was fitting in better here well. Obviously Kandi was just thrown in so Minnesota could dump him, I'm sure he'll be cut, but they gave up their only true center. He wasn't great, but now they have no one.

why would they cut Oliwakandi ? his contract expires this year ? - then they will let him go and someone will sign him.

I don't think Wally will have a harder time getting shots because Paul Pierce is more of an offensive threat than KG ever has been - of course unless you are referring to Pierce passing him the ball - then I would agree.

ChumpDumper
01-27-2006, 01:17 PM
why would they cut Oliwakandi ? his contract expires this year ? - then they will let him go and someone will sign him.Why wait? They might be able to save a bit of money buying him out now.

Warlord23
01-27-2006, 01:30 PM
Funny trade. Neither team gains too much in terms of getting rid of bad contracts; Boston gave up Blount, but picked up Wally. Now Wally is better than Davis, but not if you take his price tag into account. Talent-wise, I don't think Wally and Davis are too far apart, Blount and Kandi both suck, the other players aren't going to make too big a difference on the court.

Two conditional 2nd round picks for one lottery protected 1st rounder: has either franchise shown the drafting talent to pull out some surprises? I wouldn't put my money on it.

I think both McHale and Ainge are gambling here. Neither team was going anywhere, so they've just shaken up the roster to see if something clicks. At least it buys both McHale and Ainge some more time; McHale especially as the Wolves have shown no improvement this year.

implacable44
01-27-2006, 01:57 PM
Why wait? They might be able to save a bit of money buying him out now.

how would they save $ - what does it hurt for him to play out the year and either trade him before his contract comes up or just let him go at the end of the year ? He is a 7 footer and the league is always in need of 7 footers. maybe he will be rejuvinated -- who knows. How much could you save ? the season is half over.

T-Pain
01-27-2006, 02:31 PM
interesting trade, it'll be interesting to see how ricky davis will respond with his new team and playing alongside the big ticket

ChumpDumper
01-27-2006, 02:35 PM
how would they save $They could buy him out for less than what his contract calls for to give him the chance to play for another team, say Denver or some other team needing a center now.
maybe he will be rejuvinated -- who knows.I know the Celts are going to stick with Perkins and Jefferson. Kandi would just get in their way like Blount did.

They could try to trade him by himself -- he can't be included in any packages -- but given their current makeup, what would they want for him that's better than cap relief?

implacable44
01-27-2006, 03:48 PM
they only have the rest of the year to pay him - how much could they possibly save by buying him out ? That doesn't make sense. - won't happen.

They will get their cap relief this summer.

ChumpDumper
01-27-2006, 03:49 PM
they only have the rest of the year to pay him - how much could they possibly save by buying him out ? That doesn't make sense. - won't happen.It happens every season.

implacable44
01-27-2006, 04:40 PM
It happens every season.
I dont see it happening here - might be wrong but I just don't see it happening.

ChumpDumper
01-27-2006, 04:47 PM
Well, what use do they really have for Kandi?

The big man rotation is Raef/Al/Kendrick. If there are any minutes left, they can give them to Jones, who IS under contract for next season and is showing promise as a rebounder and shotblocker.

The Celtics have already waived/bought out two players this season. Why not one more?

angel_luv
01-27-2006, 04:56 PM

:lol Talk about a freaky Friday!

nkdlunch
01-27-2006, 05:07 PM
not only that but what if artests plays in boston today

implacable44
01-27-2006, 05:13 PM
Well, what use do they really have for Kandi?

The big man rotation is Raef/Al/Kendrick. If there are any minutes left, they can give them to Jones, who IS under contract for next season and is showing promise as a rebounder and shotblocker.

The Celtics have already waived/bought out two players this season. Why not one more?

well gee lets see - Blount was getting 27 minutes per game this year and the kandi man was averageing about 24 minutes per and pulling down 5 boards. - raef gets about 24 minutes in a bill lambieresque role and jefferson/kendrick as you put it get 18 and 17 minutes respectively. Needless to say Perkins is the only Center listed and he is only in his 3rd year. I am pretty sure they are keeping the Kandi man -

Jones? you mean the guy who is playing in the D-league and was thrown into the deal with 0 minutes of NBA experience ? give the minutes to him ?? - yeah I see your point. Kandi should be on the waiver wire manana.

ChumpDumper
01-27-2006, 05:20 PM
Again, why was Blount traded and why has he not played any appreciable minutes since the 9th?

To give his minutes to Jefferson and Perkins. This is about the Celtics developing the young guys. Kandi is not young. Raef isn't going anywhere. The Celts have their four big men for next season. Kandi isn't one of them, so why play him now?

ChumpDumper
01-27-2006, 05:21 PM
Jones? you mean the guy who is playing in the D-league and was thrown into the deal with 0 minutes of NBA experience ? give the minutes to him ??Sure. He's going to be there next season. Kandi won't.

leemajors
01-27-2006, 05:22 PM
god i am scared the celtics cut him and the spurs pick up the kandiman.

Bruno
01-27-2006, 05:23 PM
Don't forget Scalabrine. They've signed him to a $15M/5 years deal this summer

leemajors
01-27-2006, 05:24 PM
i wonder who they were trying to scare off of scalabrine with that deal. i don't see why anyone would pay him anywhere near that much, unless he had a great brain type... we all know how much ainge is into that.

ChumpDumper
01-27-2006, 05:26 PM
Really, you're going young -- looking for upside.

Who has the least upside in the following list:

Perkins
Jefferson
Jones
Olowokandi

(and yeah, how could I forget Veal? Apparently they had him statistically pegged as some clutch shooting wonder and paid him accordingly.)

implacable44
01-27-2006, 05:31 PM
Sure. He's going to be there next season. Kandi won't.

he isn't even there right now. he is in the D-league and he was a timberwolf before the trade. if anyone gets waived it will be him.

Brodels
01-27-2006, 05:32 PM
Yeah, this was clearly about getting out of Blount's terrible deal and getting more playing time for the developing bigs.

I don't think it really makes either team much better, but I do think that Wally will be a better fit than Ricky was in Boston. Ricky was Paul Junior and he seemed to get in Pierce's way. They are two very similar swing players. Wally might open things up for the young big guys and for Pierce.

Ricky has the tools to be a good defender and he can defend well when he wants to, but he's been pretty terrible lately. I really don't think he's much better on the defensive end than Wally.

The Celtics also get a pick, so it's not a terrible deal for them. I wish they could have gotten some youth instead of Wally. He's not really going to be a long-term building block there, and the team is clearly in rebuilding mode. I was hoping for something different, but I think that Wally will fit in pretty well even if the team isn't going to magically become lots better.

As for Minny, Davis will play well on that team. But they still haven't solved their offensive problems. They really need a third scorer and they didn't get it.

I'm a little bit shocked that the Celtics gave up on Banks. Delonte is clearly looking like he's the future and Orien will be a good player, but Banks can really defend and he's one of the faster players in the league. If he can learn to harness his speed he could really do some damage. I've seen him use his speed in productive ways on the offensive end a few times over the past couple of weeks, so I thought he was really making some strides. But I guess that Ainge doesn't believe he'll pan out.

It will be interesting to see who ends up being better off in the end. I don't think it's a super trade for either team, but it's not that terrible, either.

implacable44
01-27-2006, 05:33 PM
Really, you're going young -- looking for upside.

Who has the least upside in the following list:

Perkins
Jefferson
Jones
Olowokandi

(and yeah, how could I forget Veal? Apparently they had him statistically pegged as some clutch shooting wonder and paid him accordingly.)

upside? Is that why Blount got all the minutes at center before the trade because they believed in his upside?

as previously stated Jefferson is a forward and won't get any minutes at the center barring small ball time.

perkins will continue to get his minutes behind the kandi man

jones wont get any except in the d league

ChumpDumper
01-27-2006, 05:33 PM
he isn't even there right now. he is in the D-league and he was a timberwolf before the trade. if anyone gets waived it will be him.Jones wasn't necessary to make the deal work money-wise. Kandi was. Knowing that, which player do you think the Celts actually want.

Brodels
01-27-2006, 05:35 PM
he isn't even there right now. he is in the D-league and he was a timberwolf before the trade. if anyone gets waived it will be him.

You're just not getting it. The Celtics aren't about winning now. They are about winning in the future. Kandi doesn't do them any good in that regard. If anything, he hurts their future prospects by taking minutes away from the young bigs.

This trade was made in part to create more time for the young bigs. That is absolutely clear and the team has said as much over the past couple of weeks as they've tried to trade Blount.

They might end up keeping Kandi, but it's not out of the realm of possibility that he gets waived. They certainly didn't acquire him so he can contribute this season. The young kid that they got in return is much more valuable to the Celtics than Kandi, even if he is a D-Leaguer.

ChumpDumper
01-27-2006, 05:37 PM
upside? Is that why Blount got all the minutes at center before the trade because they believed in his upside? No, it's why he hasn't played since the 9th.
as previously stated Jefferson is a forward and won't get any minutes at the center barring small ball time. Yeah, this league never plays small ball. And when he's out there with Raef who's chucking up threes from the arc, what exactly is Al playing?
perkins will continue to get his minutes behind the kandi manPerkins has been starting. Wouldn't he continue to do that?

Brodels
01-27-2006, 05:37 PM
upside? Is that why Blount got all the minutes at center before the trade because they believed in his upside?

as previously stated Jefferson is a forward and won't get any minutes at the center barring small ball time.

perkins will continue to get his minutes behind the kandi man

jones wont get any except in the d league

Blount hasn't played very much at all lately. He hasn't gotten "all" the minutes at center, in fact, he's gotten very few recently. There is a reason for that.

Perkins will play more minutes than Kandi will.

Do you really think that the Celtics traded for Kandi so he could help them win this season? If so, I think you need to follow the team a little bit more closely.

ducks
01-27-2006, 05:40 PM
spurs have no use for kanid
oberta is starting to shine

implacable44
01-27-2006, 05:49 PM
Blount hasn't played very much at all lately. He hasn't gotten "all" the minutes at center, in fact, he's gotten very few recently. There is a reason for that.

Perkins will play more minutes than Kandi will.

Do you really think that the Celtics traded for Kandi so he could help them win this season? If so, I think you need to follow the team a little bit more closely.

I think the Celtics wanted his contract to free up cap space.

I dont think they particularly cared about anyone in this deal to stay there and help them win - and if you think they are about winning now or in the future - then you need to follow them a bit closer because Ainge has done more harm to that storied franchise than even Rick Pitino did or Len Bias' death.

I am pretty sure the Kandi man will get his minutes - probably split with perkins. I doubt - seriously doubt they will call jones up from the D-league to get some burn at center. we will see what happens.

Brodels
01-27-2006, 05:56 PM
I think the Celtics wanted his contract to free up cap space.

I dont think they particularly cared about anyone in this deal to stay there and help them win - and if you think they are about winning now or in the future - then you need to follow them a bit closer because Ainge has done more harm to that storied franchise than even Rick Pitino did or Len Bias' death.

I am pretty sure the Kandi man will get his minutes - probably split with perkins. I doubt - seriously doubt they will call jones up from the D-league to get some burn at center. we will see what happens.

The Celtics want to win in the future. If you don't think they're about winning now and you don't think they are about winning in the future, what do you think they are about? The youth movement is happening because they want to win in the future.

Ainge has made some questionable moves, but they have some really good young players in Green(s), Perkins, Big Al, West, etc. They also have a valuable piece in Pierce that they can move in the future. It's not as bad as it has been.

Jones might not play in Boston this season, but he's still the more valuable commodity to the Celtics.

And you're right - they acquired Kandi to free up some space and to get rid of Blount's terrible deal. They have made a commitment to playing the young bigs over the past few weeks, so why would that stop now? Kandi isn't going to see a lot of court time.

sickdsm
01-28-2006, 10:39 AM
I didnt like this trade at first but i'm warming up to it. I thought Wally playing at the hottest he's ever played in his career would get more than this. There is no salary dumps here really. Wally's owed 36 mill for 3 years. I do really hate the idea of no first rounders at all but a butload of second rounders. McHale acts like the CPU GM's in NBA 2k6. Ricky is basically a younger version of Latrell sprewell. Cutting to the basket and creating something is what was missing. McCants is supposed to be that guy but he hasn't got there yet. Sure, wally is a deadeye shooter but so is guys like Piatkowski. What separates guys like Nowitski, peja, reggie from Wally is they can create there shot or get open. 4th quarter, drop it into KG, double or triple team. Sag off everyone except wally, play is broken every time. Davis isn't Artest on D but he's a million times better. A selfish scorer that can create his shot is what the wolves wanted.

BTW, Ricky Davis was a major factor with his 26 points on what, 10-18 in the wolves beating the Rockets last night.

Boston and Mn play each other Monday in Mn.

ChumpDumper
01-28-2006, 03:07 PM
Gee impractical44, what do you make of this?

Kandi man has work to do
By Rich Thompson
Saturday, January 28, 2006 - Updated: 10:06 AM EST

Celtics coach Doc Rivers has a frontcourt rotation and he’s sticking with it.
Where newly acquired 7-foot, 270-pound center Michael Olowokandi factors into the equation, Rivers could only speculate before the C’s 84-74 win over the Kings at the Garden.
Rivers conceded that Olowokandi was a former No. 1 overall draft pick (in 1998), but appears determined to go forward with the quartet of Kendrick Perkins, Al Jefferson, Brian Scalabrine and Raef LaFrentz.
“I like the rotation we’ve kind of established over the last six games with Perk, Al, Scal and Raef,” said Rivers. “That’s going to remain, that’s not going to change.
“We’ll see how hard he wants to work and what he can do. I know he has talent, I don’t think there’s anybody that’s ever questioned that. But supposedly somebody has, so I don’t know.
“There will be times when we need that size.”
The reason Mark Blount was part of Thursday’s seven-player trade with Minnesota was that he had no place in Rivers’ low post plans.
Blount was on the outs once Rivers decided to play the kids. The fact that Blount was under contract for four more years and $28 million made him very expendable. Olowokandi is in the final year of a deal that will pay him $5.9 million and there was speculation he could be gone by the Feb. 23 trade deadline.
Olowokandi was averaging 6.0 points, 5.6 rebounds and 23.5 minutes before the trade. Rivers was up front with Olowokandi that it’s unlikely he will get that many minutes off the Celtics’ bench.
“What he basically told me was the rotation is pretty much set as to who was going to be playing and whatnot,” said Olowokandi. “It is just a question of me trying to prove myself and I really wouldn’t want it any other way.
“I think I perform a lot better in those situations and that was basically it.”
The trade did not surprise Olowokandi. “It’s been fairly publicized in the media to what might be happening and what might be lingering,” said Olowokandi. “But you never really know about anything until they pull the trigger. I imagine everyone found out before I did.”

http://celtics.bostonherald.com/celtics/view.bg?articleid=123307

ALVAREZ6
01-28-2006, 03:35 PM
Olowokandi was averaging 6.0 points, 5.6 rebounds and 23.5 minutes before the trade. Rivers was up front with Olowokandi that it’s unlikely he will get that many minutes off the Celtics’ bench.
Sucks for Kandi man :lol

Despot
01-28-2006, 11:32 PM
Just thought I'd post this. These comments were made the morning of the 26th, the day of the trade.

Wolves Not Making Any Trades
Jan 26 - Whether it's a psychological ploy or a statement of the organization's thought process, Timberwolves coach Dwane Casey said Wednesday night the team isn't making any trades, reports the St. Paul Pioneer Press. After losing to Memphis, Casey told the newspaper he thinks trade rumors are hurting the team. But the players need to shake it off, he said. "Like I told the guys, I believe in those guys that are here," Casey said. "We're looking over our shoulders, seeing who's going to be here, who's not going to be here. This is us. It's not changing."

ChumpDumper
01-28-2006, 11:33 PM
You always have to say that in case a deal falls through.

Despot
01-28-2006, 11:36 PM
Yeah, I know trades talks are denied 97% of the time, but something about the way he said it, makes me feel like he really thought there were not gonna be any trades. That, and I couldn't stop laughing for some reason.

z0sa
01-29-2006, 12:23 AM
On the trade, I think Ricky Davs and Mark Blount are really going to help this team get back in the playoff picture. Hell, they might even give a team like the Mavs or suns a run for their money.

ChumpDumper
01-29-2006, 12:24 AM
Why the hell didn't Blount play like this the past season and a half?

leemajors
01-29-2006, 12:46 AM
he does occasionally, i don't think it's any sort of indication as to how he will continue to play. he played like this for 3 weeks once and got a big check out of it.

ChumpDumper
01-29-2006, 12:51 AM
I guess too much time around Antoine Walker can ruin anyone.

T Park
01-29-2006, 02:52 AM
after tonight's game??

Still no deciding factor in who won.

Blount had a career shooting night, everything he threw up on the perimiter went in, but when guarded down low, he traveled damn near every time.

And once again, Ricky Davis is a selfish mofo.

You want team play and chemistry, that sob will f it up.

implacable44
01-29-2006, 01:25 PM
Gee impractical44, what do you make of this?

Kandi man has work to do
By Rich Thompson
Saturday, January 28, 2006 - Updated: 10:06 AM EST

Celtics coach Doc Rivers has a frontcourt rotation and he’s sticking with it.
Where newly acquired 7-foot, 270-pound center Michael Olowokandi factors into the equation, Rivers could only speculate before the C’s 84-74 win over the Kings at the Garden.
Rivers conceded that Olowokandi was a former No. 1 overall draft pick (in 1998), but appears determined to go forward with the quartet of Kendrick Perkins, Al Jefferson, Brian Scalabrine and Raef LaFrentz.
“I like the rotation we’ve kind of established over the last six games with Perk, Al, Scal and Raef,” said Rivers. “That’s going to remain, that’s not going to change.
“We’ll see how hard he wants to work and what he can do. I know he has talent, I don’t think there’s anybody that’s ever questioned that. But supposedly somebody has, so I don’t know.
“There will be times when we need that size.”
The reason Mark Blount was part of Thursday’s seven-player trade with Minnesota was that he had no place in Rivers’ low post plans.
Blount was on the outs once Rivers decided to play the kids. The fact that Blount was under contract for four more years and $28 million made him very expendable. Olowokandi is in the final year of a deal that will pay him $5.9 million and there was speculation he could be gone by the Feb. 23 trade deadline.
“What he basically told me was the rotation is pretty much set as to who was going to be playing and whatnot,” said Olowokandi. “It is just a question of me trying to prove myself and I really wouldn’t want it any other way.
“I think I perform a lot better in those situations and that was basically it.”
The trade did not surprise Olowokandi. “It’s been fairly publicized in the media to what might be happening and what might be lingering,” said Olowokandi. “But you never really know about anything until they pull the trigger. I imagine everyone found out before I did.”

http://celtics.bostonherald.com/celtics/view.bg?articleid=123307

what do i make of it ? well it could be true - or it could be that he is doing the same thing most coaches if not all do. my college coach put me on the gray team over the christmas break because he didnt think i was perfoming to potential - it is a motivational tool - prove yourself to me - blah - coaches do ti all the time in the nba - put people on the bench etc... either way - he hasnt been waived yet and that was your original assumption.

Cant_Be_Faded
01-29-2006, 01:29 PM
Ricky Davis is so bad ass....one of my favorites. He was the precursor to LeBron, and jumped over steve nash once.

ChumpDumper
01-29-2006, 01:48 PM
what do i make of it ? well it could be true - or it could be that he is doing the same thing most coaches if not all do. my college coach put me on the gray team over the christmas break because he didnt think i was perfoming to potential - it is a motivational tool - prove yourself to me - blah - coaches do ti all the time in the nba - put people on the bench etc... either way - he hasnt been waived yet and that was your original assumption.LMFAO!

Prove yourself by not playing at all! The greatest motivational tool ever devised!

I said he'd be traded again or bought out after the deadline. Is it after the deadline, skippy?

implacable44
01-29-2006, 03:17 PM
LMFAO!

Prove yourself by not playing at all! The greatest motivational tool ever devised!

I said he'd be traded again or bought out after the deadline. Is it after the deadline, skippy?

we will see what happens - and they havent played a game yet chip - and as far as i can tell jones is still in the d-league.

Actually I said he would be traded again - not you anus - and I said he will stay there until the season ends and then they will let him go to free up cap space - they dont need the space until the end of the year right ?

you said they will buy him out.

ChumpDumper
01-29-2006, 03:31 PM
we will see what happens - and they havent played a game yet chip - and as far as i can tell jones is still in the d-league.They did play a game, doofus -- you claim to know so much about this team and don't even realize that Wally played and Kandi drew a DNP-CD. I said Kandi coudl be traded only by himself -- you said he would start.
as far as i can tell jones is still in the d-league.
He may stay there -- he may get called up if the Celts buy out Kandi.
they dont need the space until the end of the year right ?

you said they will buy him out.Yes. What part of "trade deadline" isn't getting through your skull? You think buyouts of $6 million players happen overnight?

You said he would start. He didn't even play.

Which prediction seems closer to comnig true?

Kandi will be traded again or bought out after the deadline.

He will not start.

ChumpDumper
01-29-2006, 03:45 PM
Oh look, Wally is starting today.....

....with Perkins and Lafrentz....

Doc is motivating the living shit out of Kandi.

ChumpDumper
01-29-2006, 04:03 PM
What's this?

Scalabrine and Jefferson off the bench before Kand?

Who'da thunk it?

Oh yeah, it was me.

implacable44
01-29-2006, 05:27 PM
They did play a game, doofus -- you claim to know so much about this team and don't even realize that Wally played and Kandi drew a DNP-CD. I said Kandi coudl be traded only by himself -- you said he would start.He may stay there -- he may get called up if the Celts buy out Kandi.Yes. What part of "trade deadline" isn't getting through your skull? You think buyouts of $6 million players happen overnight?

You said he would start. He didn't even play.

Which prediction seems closer to comnig true?

Kandi will be traded again or bought out after the deadline.

He will not start.

he might be traded -- which i said - but he wont be bought out - IMO - but then again - I didnt think AInge would trade Antonie - bring him back and then trade him again so who can say what will happen the way he is ruining the Celts.

Well for him to be traded it would have to be straight up - he can't be part of a package deal due to leage guidelines right ? and I already said they could possibly trade him -- dude the trade just happened - for him to prove himself it will have to be in practice -give it time like i have already said - what part of that is your tiny pea brain not able to compute - -- let the season progress and we will see what happens.

implacable44
01-29-2006, 05:28 PM
What's this?

Scalabrine and Jefferson off the bench before Kand?

Who'da thunk it?

Oh yeah, it was me.

time time time - scalabrine is a forward so is lafrents and jefferson.

ChumpDumper
01-29-2006, 06:39 PM
96 minutes of Kandi-free basketball. There's your time.

And if your claim is Perkins is the only center currently playing on the team, isn't it painfully obvious to even you that Kandi isn't in their plans if Doc won't play the only other center on the active roster?

Way do own yourself.

implacable44
01-29-2006, 07:25 PM
96 minutes of Kandi-free basketball. There's your time.

And if your claim is Perkins is the only center currently playing on the team, isn't it painfully obvious to even you that Kandi isn't in their plans if Doc won't play the only other center on the active roster?

Way do own yourself.

nope - the season is barely to the half-way point. like i said - i dont really care if they play him or dont play him - our conversation centers around one point -- you saying they will buy him out and me saying they wont -- dont try to confuse it now - don't go all female on me,

ChumpDumper
01-29-2006, 07:31 PM
i dont really care if they play him or dont play himThen don't post that he's going to start.

Don't go all complete spineless backtracking pussy on me.

ChumpDumper
01-29-2006, 07:43 PM
Bottom line - Kandi won't finish out the year in Boston. He'll be traded or bought out and end up someplace like Denver or OKC that could benefit from renting him this spring.

implacable44
01-29-2006, 10:41 PM
Then don't post that he's going to start.

Don't go all complete spineless backtracking pussy on me.

woah - i only let your mother use that word on me when she is talking dirty to me - wash your mouth out.

again - keep it simple - our conversation digressed - I said he will split minutes with perkins - if I said he would start you would have to show me and I will apologize but I don't think he will start - maybe when they play the heat or the rockets he will start ....

anyway keep it simple -- you said he will get bought out =-- I say he wont. -- stop talking about trades because we both mentioned that as a possibility - keep it simple girly man.

SenorSpur
01-29-2006, 10:49 PM
The Celtics were soft in the middle before the trade. Now with the addition of the Kandi man, they're even softer.

ChumpDumper
01-29-2006, 11:51 PM
again - keep it simple - our conversation digressed - I said he will split minutes with perkins - if I said he would start you would have to show me and I will apologize

perkins will continue to get his minutes behind the kandi manPretty cut and dry seeing as you think Kandi is the only other guy who can play center. Apology accepted.
anyway keep it simple -- you said he will get bought out =-- I say he wont. -- stop talking about trades because we both mentioned that as a possibility.Ok, so this is only in the case he stays a Celtic past the trade deadline. You say he plays out the season (I use that term loosely, since all he'll do is rack up DNP-CDs) as a Celtic. I say he gets bought out and tries to latch on to another team that might actually let him touch the floor.

Is that simple enough or should I make a pop-up book for you?

leemajors
01-29-2006, 11:56 PM
way off topic, but chump i saw rockets/heat today, and hayes can get boards - he seemed to play way better in the 4th q, but could have gone right back up with his offensive rebounds instead of trying to duck under and kiss off the other side of the glass. toyota center is a good place to see a game.

leemajors
01-29-2006, 11:57 PM
way off topic, but chump i saw rockets/heat today, and hayes can get boards - he seemed to play way better in the 4th q, but could have gone right back up with his offensive rebounds instead of trying to duck under and kiss off the other side of the glass. toyota center is a good place to see a game. and lonny baxter blocked shaq cleanly, that was a bad call. anyways, back to implacable vs. chump...

leemajors
01-29-2006, 11:57 PM
i don't know how i did that.

ChumpDumper
01-30-2006, 12:00 AM
Yeah, Hayes has got a lot to learn, but we missed out on an athletic big man, no matter how small he may actually be.

implacable44
01-30-2006, 09:41 AM
Pretty cut and dry seeing as you think Kandi is the only other guy who can play center. Apology accepted.Ok, so this is only in the case he stays a Celtic past the trade deadline. You say he plays out the season (I use that term loosely, since all he'll do is rack up DNP-CDs) as a Celtic. I say he gets bought out and tries to latch on to another team that might actually let him touch the floor.

Is that simple enough or should I make a pop-up book for you?

I already simplified for your elementary bootie -

you say he will get bought out -- i say he wont - that is it. spelled out for you -- if you would like i can say it in Spanish ?? anyway you can understand it to make it simple enough for you. F-O-C-U-S!!

ChumpDumper
01-30-2006, 11:39 AM
Was that an apology?

Focus on that.

Since you are too dense to understand the big words i wrote, I'll let you know when you are wrong -- just like you were with Kandi's starting.

implacable44
01-30-2006, 02:34 PM
Was that an apology?

Focus on that.

Since you are too dense to understand the big words i wrote, I'll let you know when you are wrong -- just like you were with Kandi's starting.

hey stupid - keep it simple. when kandi is bought out you can start spewing your juvenile vomit - until then keep it elementary so you don't get confused.