PDA

View Full Version : I had a great night at the Toros game

ChumpDumper
01-27-2006, 04:19 AM
The Toros lost a hard-fought game on a last second basket to Arkansas, but.....

I won the game ball autographed by the team including Dennis Johnson and Johnny Moore.

I made RC Buford drop his cell phone when I yelled his name as he passed by my section during the thrid quarter.

He gave a Q&A before the game which I missed thanks to Austin traffic. I saw him later chatting with Lance Blanks, who I assume was checking in on the Lithuanian dude the Cavs just sent down to the Rimrockers (he's going to be a nice player once he puts on 20 pounds, has surprising range for 7'2"). Vinny Del Negro was there too. He wasn't chatting with anyone.

Brutalis
01-27-2006, 04:50 AM
Go RimRockers YEEHAA

ChumpDumper
01-27-2006, 04:52 AM
Yeah, you guys always have a couple of ringers from the show....

Old School Chic
01-27-2006, 05:07 AM
I made RC Buford drop his cell phone when I yelled his name as he passed by my section during the thrid quarter.

:lol

WalterBenitez
01-27-2006, 06:47 AM
I won the game ball autographed by the team including Dennis Johnson and Johnny Moore. :tu GOOD FOR YOU!!!

I made RC Buford drop his cell phone when I yelled his name as he passed by my section during the thrid quarter. :lmao

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-27-2006, 10:32 AM
I've got to get to one of those games soon.

I saw Jeff Hagen (http://www.nba.com/dleague/playerfile/jeff_hagen/index.html?nav=page) at Circuit City last weekend and we talked for about five minutes.

He said he liked Austin and was enjoying the fan support, although he would enjoy a bit more playing time.

All in all, a nice guy.

austinfan
01-27-2006, 10:51 AM
Where can I find a schedule for the Toros? Do they have their own website?

ChumpDumper
01-27-2006, 10:53 AM
http://www.nba.com/dleague/austin/

leemajors
01-27-2006, 11:52 AM
chump how much do you pay for your seats? i figure no seat can be that bad at the convention center... so maybe the $8 seats are worth it

alamo50
01-27-2006, 12:04 PM
Thanks for sharing chump.
Always good to read about Johnny and Vinnie!

ChumpDumper
01-27-2006, 12:09 PM
We usually sit in section 1; since the stands are offset on that side, it's the best value for lower level seats. My girlfriend is handicapped, so we can only go up 4 or 5 rows. Those seats are about $20, but they are always giving us good deals on tickets since we go to every game.

The $8 seats on the south end are fine -- that section is usually pretty full and has some good season ticket fans. There are usually enough empty seats to allow you to move around the arena to check out or move to seats in other sections.

About once a month, they have a promotion for a free ticket if you buy one and donate something; last month it was a toy, this month 3 cans of food. They do a crappy job of getting the word out about these, so I'd call the Toros office to see what else might be going on.

leemajors
01-27-2006, 12:12 PM
thanks.

ChumpDumper
01-27-2006, 03:33 PM
You could sign up for the Toros' newsletter (http://www.nba.com/webAction?actionId=surveyInitialize&target=/dleague/austin/dleague_austin_survey.jsp&surveyId=1239) that includes their promotions like I listed above.

ducks
01-27-2006, 03:34 PM
chump wants to go watch beno play there