PDA

View Full Version : Manu interview (could someone translate please)

TMTTRIO
01-27-2006, 05:28 PM
No fue una lesión grave, estoy para volver
por Manu / 27-01-06

Estoy fusilado, entrenando muy duro para recuperarme del esguince del tobillo derecho que sufrí hace una semana en Miami. Una lesión que en el momento me dolió mucho, pero que rápidamente me di cuenta de que no era grave. Inclusive, al otro día, cuando me levanté, ya podía apoyar el pie y por la tarde casi no me molestaba para caminar. Por eso, un poco me sorprendió que se dijera que tenía para tres semanas de inactividad, no sé de dónde habrán sacado esa información.

Y no fue más importante el esguince porque estaba bien vendado y alcancé a aflojar el cuerpo cuando pisé a Udonis Haslem, de los Heats. Además, iba hacia adelante, en carrera, y si bien apoyé el pie con fuerza para saltar, no es tan complicado como cuando caés después de un salto sobre el pie de otro jugador. Como me pasó en la semifinal del Mundial de Indianápolis contra Alemania, cuando pisé a Dirk Nowistki y todo el peso del cuerpo recayó sobre el tobillo doblado.

Lo malo es que fue otra vez en la derecha, que no es la de "palo", eh. En basquetbol el zurdo usa la derecha como pierna de despegue para el salto. Y justo en esa pierna tuve un golpe en el muslo antes de empezar la temporada y después un tirón en el empeine. Así que tendré que cuidarme este año.

Ahora estoy trabajando mucho para no perder la forma. Hago abdominales, pesas, corro y trato de fortalecer la zona afectada. Por eso ni viaje a Oklahoma con el equipo, que jugó anoche (por anteanoche) con los Hornets. Reitero que por suerte no fue una lesión grave, estoy para volver a jugar este sábado (mañana) contra Minnesota, o el lunes frente a Utah Jazz.

Todavía no llegamos a la mitad de la temporada, así que no me preocupa perderme algunos partidos. Claro, desde ya que me gustaría jugar los 82 de la serie regular, pero acá lo que cuenta es la parte final.

Respecto de si estas lesiones me perjudican para tener chances de ser elegido para el All Star Game de mediados de febrero en Houston, pienso que sí porque me perdí varios partidos. Igualmente, el impedimento más grande puede ser que hay muchos jugadores del Oeste que están en un alto nivel. Pero, como digo siempre: si me eligen, bárbaro; si no, el descanso no me vendrá nada mal.

Y sobre el rendimiento del equipo, me parece que estamos muy irregulares; tenemos algunos partidos buenos y otros muy malos. Y lo preocupante es que no se da sólo en la ofensiva, sino también en la defensa, algo que ya deberíamos haber normalizado. Nos toman muchos rebotes, jugamos desconcentrados, quizá pensando que cuando llegue el momento clave vamos a despertar; pero, a veces ese click no llega cuando más lo necesitás. Espero que mejoremos en la segunda parte.

manu

Despot
01-27-2006, 05:35 PM
I am shot, training very it last to recover to me of esguince of the right ankle that I suffered one week ago in Miami. An injury that at the moment hurt much to me, but that quickly I realized of which he was not serious. Inclusively, to the other day, when I rose, it already could support the foot and in the evening almost it did not bother me to walk. For that reason, a little surprised to me that it was said that had for three weeks of inactivity, I do not know from where they will have removed that information. And esguince was not more important because well it was bandaged and I reached to relax the body when I was above to Udonis Haslem, of the Heats. In addition, it went forwards, in race, and although I supported the foot with force to jump, is not as complicated as when caés after a jump on the foot of another player. As it happened to me in the semifinal of the World-wide one of Indianapolis against Germany, when I was above to Dirk Nowistki and all the weight of the body fell on the doubled ankle. Bad it is that it was again in the right, that is not the one of "wood", eh. In basquetbol the left-handed person uses the right as leg of takeoff for the jump. And right in that leg I had a blow in the thigh before beginning the season later and a pull in empeine. So I will have to take care of east year to me. Now I am working much not to lose the form. I make abdominal, weights, group of people and treatment to fortify the affected zone. For that reason nor it travels to Oklahoma with the equipment, that played last night (by the night before last) with the Hornets. I reiterate that luckily it was not a serious injury, I am for returning to play this Saturday (tomorrow) against Minnesota, or Monday as opposed to Utah Jazz. Still we did not reach half of the season, so it does not worry to me to lose some parties to me. Sure from since I would like to play the 82 of the regular series, but what counts it is the final part here. Respect if these injuries harm me to have chances of being chosen for the All Star Game of half-full of February in Houston, I think yes that because I lost several parties. Also, the greatest impediment can be than there are many players of the West who are in a high level. But, as I always say: if they choose to me, Barbarian; if no, the rest will not come anything badly to me. And on the yield of the equipment, it seems to me that we are very irregular; we have some good parties and very bad others. And the worrisome thing is that it does not occur only in the offensive, but also in the defense, something that already we must have standardized. They take many bounces us, we played dispersed, perhaps thinking that when arrives the key moment we are going to wake up; but, sometimes that click does not arrive when plus necesitás. I hope that we improve in the second part.

Budkin
01-27-2006, 05:39 PM
Did you babelfish this or what? Yikes...

Obstructed_View
01-27-2006, 05:42 PM
But, as I always say: if they choose to me, Barbarian; if no, the rest will not come anything badly to me. And on the yield of the equipment, it seems to me that we are very irregular; we have some good parties and very bad others.

Well said, Manu. Well said.

ducks
01-27-2006, 05:42 PM
For that reason nor it travels to Oklahoma with the equipment, that played last night (by the night before last) with the Hornets. I reiterate that luckily it was not a serious injury, I am for returning to play this Saturday (tomorrow) against Minnesota, or Monday as opposed to Utah Jazz

manu back saturday? WOW

Despot
01-27-2006, 05:44 PM
Yeah, used Spanish to english, a little worse than usual probably because the interview was actually in Argentinian.

implacable44
01-27-2006, 05:45 PM
No fue una lesión grave, estoy para volver
por Manu / 27-01-06

Estoy fusilado, entrenando muy duro para recuperarme del esguince del tobillo derecho que sufrí hace una semana en Miami. Una lesión que en el momento me dolió mucho, pero que rápidamente me di cuenta de que no era grave. Inclusive, al otro día, cuando me levanté, ya podía apoyar el pie y por la tarde casi no me molestaba para caminar. Por eso, un poco me sorprendió que se dijera que tenía para tres semanas de inactividad, no sé de dónde habrán sacado esa información.

Y no fue más importante el esguince porque estaba bien vendado y alcancé a aflojar el cuerpo cuando pisé a Udonis Haslem, de los Heats. Además, iba hacia adelante, en carrera, y si bien apoyé el pie con fuerza para saltar, no es tan complicado como cuando caés después de un salto sobre el pie de otro jugador. Como me pasó en la semifinal del Mundial de Indianápolis contra Alemania, cuando pisé a Dirk Nowistki y todo el peso del cuerpo recayó sobre el tobillo doblado.

Lo malo es que fue otra vez en la derecha, que no es la de "palo", eh. En basquetbol el zurdo usa la derecha como pierna de despegue para el salto. Y justo en esa pierna tuve un golpe en el muslo antes de empezar la temporada y después un tirón en el empeine. Así que tendré que cuidarme este año.

Ahora estoy trabajando mucho para no perder la forma. Hago abdominales, pesas, corro y trato de fortalecer la zona afectada. Por eso ni viaje a Oklahoma con el equipo, que jugó anoche (por anteanoche) con los Hornets. Reitero que por suerte no fue una lesión grave, estoy para volver a jugar este sábado (mañana) contra Minnesota, o el lunes frente a Utah Jazz.

Todavía no llegamos a la mitad de la temporada, así que no me preocupa perderme algunos partidos. Claro, desde ya que me gustaría jugar los 82 de la serie regular, pero acá lo que cuenta es la parte final.

Respecto de si estas lesiones me perjudican para tener chances de ser elegido para el All Star Game de mediados de febrero en Houston, pienso que sí porque me perdí varios partidos. Igualmente, el impedimento más grande puede ser que hay muchos jugadores del Oeste que están en un alto nivel. Pero, como digo siempre: si me eligen, bárbaro; si no, el descanso no me vendrá nada mal.

Y sobre el rendimiento del equipo, me parece que estamos muy irregulares; tenemos algunos partidos buenos y otros muy malos. Y lo preocupante es que no se da sólo en la ofensiva, sino también en la defensa, algo que ya deberíamos haber normalizado. Nos toman muchos rebotes, jugamos desconcentrados, quizá pensando que cuando llegue el momento clave vamos a despertar; pero, a veces ese click no llega cuando más lo necesitás. Espero que mejoremos en la segunda parte.

manu

I am shot - training very hard to recover from the right ankle sprain that I suffered a week ago in miami. An injury that really hurt when it happened but with time, I realized that it was not going to be very severe. Including, the other day when I got up I could support my weight and as the day went on it didnt even hurt to walk. That is why I was so suprised when they said I would be out 3 weeks. I dont know where they got that from.

The sprain wasnt that bad because it was wrapped up pretty good and when I stepped on Udonis' foot I was able to make my body limp. Also I was running forward so it wasn't as copmplicated as when you jump up and land on someones foot with all your weight going down. Like when I sprained my ankle in the game against Germany and landed right on Dirk's foot with all my weight falling on my anke as it rolled.

The bad part is, it is the right ankle again. In basketball the left handed guy uses the right leg to plant and jump.and just when I had suffered an injury to my right thigh muscle - i will have to take better care of myself this year.

RIght now I am working hard to stay in shape. I do sit ups- I run - I work on the area of the injury to strengthen it, That is why I didnt go to oklahoma -- I reittirate it is not serious and I plan on playing against the jazz or monday against minnesota.

we arent even at midseason so i am not worried about losing games -- of course i would like to play all 82 but what matters here is the finals.

i gotta go -- someone finish and dont use that crappy translator that despot used --

Phenomanul
01-27-2006, 05:48 PM
Yeah, used Spanish to english, a little worse than usual probably because the interview was actually in Argentinian.

I don't know whether I should laugh at the article or what you just said.... :lol

Obstructed_View
01-27-2006, 05:48 PM
Doesn't "Estoy fusilado" mean I am shooting, not "I am shot". I'm sure Sequ would love to believe that Manu said "I am shot."

Obstructed_View
01-27-2006, 05:49 PM
I don't know whether I should laugh at the article or what you just said.... :lol
I think he meant "Argentino" :)

Phenomanul
01-27-2006, 05:50 PM
Very good article... Manu is so forthcoming with his answers...

Phenomanul
01-27-2006, 05:52 PM
Doesn't "Estoy fusilado" mean I am shooting, not "I am shot". I'm sure Sequ would love to believe that Manu said "I am shot."

Nope... in the context used implacable44 was correct.

Obstructed_View
01-27-2006, 05:57 PM
Hmm.. So does he mean he's tired from training very hard?

angel_luv
01-27-2006, 06:07 PM
Thanks for the translation!

The article is from Gino's forum right on manuginobili.com ? I bet it gets posted on the English part soon. They're always really good about that.

angel_luv
01-27-2006, 06:10 PM
Gino: "I will have to take better care of myself this year."

Please, please do!

austinfan
01-27-2006, 06:11 PM

This is what he has to stay about where the Spurs are as a team right now: "And as to the team's performance, it seems to me that we are very inconsistent; we have a few good games and some really bad ones. And the most troubling thing is that this doesn't just happen on offense, but on defense also, something we should have gotten straight by now. The other teams get a lot of rebounds off of us, we're playing without a lot of concentration, maybe thinking that when the key moment arrives we'll wake up; but sometimes this "click" doesn't happen when you most need it to. Hopefully we'll improve in the second half."

Despot
01-27-2006, 06:11 PM
Sorry for being as helpful as I could be :depressed

angel_luv
01-27-2006, 06:13 PM
You did better than I could have done Depot. :) Good try!

TMTTRIO
01-27-2006, 06:15 PM
thanks everyone. glad to hear he's better.

austinfan
01-27-2006, 06:21 PM

Sorry, I missed this paragraph that implacable hadn't translated yet.

"Regarding whether or not these injuries hurt my chances of being chosen to play in the All-Star Game in mid-February in Houston, I think they do because I've had to sit out several games. Likewise, another even bigger obstacle is that there are many players in the West that are at a high level right now. But, as I always say: if they pick me, fantastic; if they don't, I won't complain about the chance to rest."

I think that's the full article now! :)

leemajors
01-27-2006, 06:44 PM
thanks for the translation despot. it was good enough for me, you can fill in the blanks and get what he is saying. it's better to try than to sit back and snipe at someone who was just trying to help.

E20
01-27-2006, 06:50 PM
Isn't Fuisaldo an -AR verb in the present progressive tense, because it has the -ado ending accompanied with estar, making it I am shooting? I.E Estoy corriendo = I am running.

boutons_
01-27-2006, 06:52 PM
"I am for returning to play this Saturday (tomorrow) against Minnesota"

wow, I'll have to change my prediction for the RRT. :)
Then again, this is Manu talking, not Pop, who has some say in the matter.

1Parker1
01-27-2006, 06:58 PM
i will have to take better care of myself this year.

:lol Ya think?!

spurschick
01-27-2006, 09:20 PM
RIght now I am working hard to stay in shape. I do sit ups- I run - I work on the area of the injury to strengthen it

Manu does sit-ups? Gee, I would've never guessed.
http://www.spurschick.com/abs.jpg

:devil

1Parker1
01-27-2006, 11:14 PM
^^:wow :wow :wow Damn....I almost forgot how good Manu looked before the nasty long hair!

MmP
01-28-2006, 03:35 AM
Isn't Fuisaldo an -AR verb in the present progressive tense, because it has the -ado ending accompanied with estar, making it I am shooting? I.E Estoy corriendo = I am running.
Nope, he means he's exhausted.

WalterBenitez
01-28-2006, 06:43 AM
Did you babelfish this or what? Yikes...

:lmao

WalterBenitez
01-28-2006, 06:57 AM
Hmm.. So does he mean he's tired from training very hard?

IMO, in the sense that MANU mentioned is a kind of slang, ... exhausted, wasted ... perhaps are better words, in Spanish (nop Argentinean ... that language doesn't exist :wow ) we use that to mean that we are very tired ... for instance me ... after being all night in a party ... dancing, drinking ... girls and so on ... so I am "FUSILADO" :sleep

Despot
01-28-2006, 11:22 AM

Ar·gen·ti·na ( P ) Pronunciation Key (ärjn-tn)

A country of southeast South America stretching about 3,701 km (2,300 mi) from its border with Bolivia to southern Tierra del Fuego, an island it shares with Chile. Europeans first explored the region in the early 1500s, and in 1776 Spain established a viceroyalty that included present-day Argentina, Uruguay, Paraguay, and Bolivia. Argentina achieved its independence from Spain in 1816. Buenos Aires is the capital and the largest city. Population: 34,180,000.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Argen·tine (-tn, -tn) or Argen·tine·an (-tn-n) adj. & n.

If you read my qoute, I say that is is Spanish, but with argentinean, I was using the word to describe the language, and differentiate it from other types of spanish, which can vary from one country to another, and using that to explain why babblefish, (which is bad to begin with), was even worse than normal. Should have said argentinean dialect.

Also found this,

Language:
Spanish is the national language, although in Argentina it is spoken in several accents and has absorbed many words from other languages, especially Italian. Numerous foreign languages and dialects can be heard. Toward the end of the 19th century, an underworld language called lunfardo developed in Buenos Aires, composed of words from many languages--among them Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, French, German, and languages from Africa. Lunfardo is now often heard in the lyrics of tango music. There are 17 native languages, including Quechua, Mapuche, Guaraníí, Tobas and Matacos in Argentina.

I translated it in babblefish for myself, I do not have any problem filling in the blanks, and when I saw that it mentioned the possibility that Manu may be back as soon as Saturday, I thought I would share it here, to get the word out as soon as possible. :flipoff

Ariel
01-28-2006, 04:46 PM
Isn't Fuisaldo an -AR verb in the present progressive tense, because it has the -ado ending accompanied with estar, making it I am shooting? I.E Estoy corriendo = I am running.nope, that would be fusilando -ando / endo = ing-, not fusilado -adjective-. Fusilando makes no sense in that context. As it was said, a perfectly valid translation would be 'shot'.
If you read my qoute, I say that is is Spanish, but with argentinean, I was using the word to describe the language, and differentiate it from other types of spanish, which can vary from one country to another, and using that to explain why babblefish, (which is bad to begin with), was even worse than normal. Should have said argentinean dialect.You're not too far off. Argentine Spanish is quite peculiar... though Spanish nonetheless. Regionalisms aside, online translators shouldn't do much worse... not that it means anything, though... :lol

Obstructed_View
01-28-2006, 05:44 PM
IMO, in the sense that MANU mentioned is a kind of slang, ... exhausted, wasted ... perhaps are better words, in Spanish (nop Argentinean ... that language doesn't exist :wow ) we use that to mean that we are very tired ... for instance me ... after being all night in a party ... dancing, drinking ... girls and so on ... so I am "FUSILADO" :sleep
Thank you. "I am shot" just sounded weird to me.