PDA

View Full Version : A Most Embarrassing Moment...thanks alot G.H.

N.Y. Johnny
01-27-2006, 11:03 PM
The last weekend on a Saturday night, I was feeling a little sick and I stayed into the house, I had a fucking funk that kept me down and I was for the whole damn weekend since Friday in a Robe, heating up chicken soup, with a box of tissues handy.
I was feeling like shit and sitting at home watching TV when a friend of mine, Gregg "H" calls and wants to come over. This is another fella about my age who's in the wine business and calls and says he has some great new red wines to try, I tell him i'm a little under the weather, but he says the wine is good for it. I figure what the hell why not huh?

Well he comes over with a couple bottles of wine and some cheeses to enjoy with them, since he's also a fancy type of man. I'm sitting in my fuckin Robe with a cup of soup and blowing my nose with the tissues. He comes over and asks me since I'm close to SA he wants to spend the night so he won't drive all the way back home and into SA to the winery to do his run, he lives in Austin, so I say its cool.
He has some stuff with him, his clothes, a travel case, and stuff because he's on the road all the time and stays overnights at times doing his wine runs, so he uses my ameneties at my place, my bath and showers and shaves there and we're hanging out there later on, I'm sick as a dog in a robe still and he comes out also in his robe with his glass of wine and cheese.
We' sit there on Saturday now watching the Travel channel and find a "Texas Love Triangle" film on Lifetime. Its quite interesting and we're hooked on it.

I have this big fireplace in the house and he asks me if we could light it up...i'm all for it because i'm shivering now, my flu is getting worse and i'm freezing. Well, he has some "Java Logs" those fake logs that you light up and they're supposed to smell like coffee, Starbucks Mochas, and we decide what the fuck? I can't smell shit i'm stuffed up why not?
I throw them on there and proceeded to light them, I sit there and go back into my couch and bundle up and we watch the movie and drink our wine and have our cheese...well in no time, the fuckin java logs are crackling and burning out of control...there's sparks of ashes falling on my white carpet and burning up...he says "Holy Shit"
I'm stirred to the horror and I panick...Oh my god!!! we both panicked!

first inclanation being the tool I am I fucking go and get that little shovel from the fire place tools and scoop the logs out and try to throw them out into the trash bin outside...Oh my god bad Idea since there's papers and shit in there it caught on fire! Now I had all the logs out of the fire place, smoldering ashes on my carpet the living room is smoking and the 2 Waste Management dumpsters are in flames now!
I have that Brinks Home Security thing and let me tell you its like they advertise because the phone rings and my friend picks it up and says "YES WE HAVE A FIRE!!!"
well in no time the Fredericksburg Volunteer Fire Department has 2 fucking trucks outside and EMS Ambulances are there within minutes and the guys just fucking use a big ass fire extinguisher to extinguish off all the fires outside and inside.

Whats left?

They come in and the fire fighters look at us and smile and hold back laughing...they see 2 guys in Robes alone in a house watching LifeTime Network movies and wines and cheeses.
The fire was really not that big inside and outside half the dumpsters burned but nothing out of control, just alot of fucking smoke all over the place and the whole house stinks like Starbucks Mochas

The Fire department guys are laughing (the ones away from the house) and the ones in the house are smiling and trying to not laugh at us.
we look like 2 flaming homos there after the fact.
Brinks called again and asked to speak to the fire department and the guy says something like "its ok, under control" and then his radio comes in the dispatcher from town asks the status, and he says "Just a 2150" or something like that.
Probably fire code for two gay men with out of control java logs.
goddamn I've never been in such an embarrassing situation ever in my life.
I can see now how awfull that all must have looked in retrospect.
Its totally embarrassing and terrible.

:oops

Guru of Nothing
01-27-2006, 11:50 PM
Damn, all this time I thought you lived in NYC. Obviously I was not paying attention.

Kori Ellis
01-27-2006, 11:55 PM
Cute story Johnny, I didn't realize you were gay. :)

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Vashner
01-28-2006, 12:05 AM
Brokeback Mtn Part Deux??

spurs=bling
01-28-2006, 12:09 AM
Brokeback Mtn Part Deux??
:lol

1Parker1
01-28-2006, 12:12 AM
Well, he has some "Java Logs"

The real question is this: Why the hell does your "friend" walk around carrying Jave logs with him? :lmao

1Parker1
01-28-2006, 12:13 AM
PS If you were sick and taking meds...you're not supposed to mix alcohol with cold medications!

ZStomp
01-28-2006, 12:17 AM
Holy crap- I had no idea Johnny.

The closet door has been swung open!!

Not that there isn'tanything wrong with that.

N.Y. Johnny
01-28-2006, 01:43 PM
Damn, all this time I thought you lived in NYC. Obviously I was not paying attention.
I do live in NY, Long Island, at times and split time in Texas too, out in the Hill Country close to Comfort out there. I go back and forth all the time :smokin I thought I'd share my quasi homo moment with the fine friends in the forum :spin

Ishta
01-28-2006, 03:35 PM
That is a sad sad story...almost as bad as what happened at my house last night minus the fire..

Peter
01-28-2006, 04:31 PM
Enchanted Rock Mountain?

Samr
01-28-2006, 06:09 PM
Sue Starbucks for sexual harassment.

Guru of Nothing
01-28-2006, 10:04 PM
I do live in NY, Long Island, at times and split time in Texas too, out in the Hill Country close to Comfort out there. I go back and forth all the time :smokin I thought I'd share my quasi homo moment with the fine friends in the forum :spin

Brokeback Hill? :lol

Melmart1
01-28-2006, 10:09 PM
I am a woman, and even I would leave the part about actually watching a Lifetime movie out...

1Parker1
01-28-2006, 10:23 PM
I am a woman, and even I would leave the part about actually watching a Lifetime movie out...

Hey! Shelly and I proudly proclaim our love for Lifetime movies... :lol

jcrod
01-28-2006, 11:11 PM
Hey I'm a guy and I like watching certain Lifetime movies.

TNT21
01-29-2006, 12:18 AM
bROKEB ACK, BETTER get a fireplace protector! FUCK YEAH!!

ShoogarBear
01-29-2006, 12:06 PM
LMAO, all you were missing were McConaughey and his bongos.

ObiwanGinobili
01-29-2006, 02:21 PM
:lmao :lmao

gregg "h" is gay. a traveling wine dude whose into cheese carrying a supply of Java logs and a handy dandy ready to go overnight bag. gay. he just hasn't told you yet.

SpursWoman
01-29-2006, 04:09 PM
Right befoe you got to the fire, I swear to God I was waiting for the part where he kissed you or made some other kind of pass...

Sorry about your carpet. :lmao :lmao :lmao

ShoogarBear
01-29-2006, 10:07 PM
I pray that if I, by some horrendous turn of events, am ever in a similar situation that I would at least have the presence of mind while the fire trucks are on the way to switch the station to ESPN.

And maybe throw on a football jersey or sumptin.

Shelly
01-29-2006, 10:30 PM
Hey! Shelly and I proudly proclaim our love for Lifetime movies... :lol

Damn right!

Bring on the teen angst!

ShoogarBear
01-29-2006, 10:32 PM
Hey! Shelly and I proudly proclaim our love:angel

Melmart1
01-30-2006, 02:12 AM
Further proof that you must always watch what you type around Shoogar.

ZStomp
01-30-2006, 03:29 AM

......no wonder!!

:lmao

1Parker1
01-30-2006, 01:14 PM
Shelly and I proudly proclaim our love...

:angel

...FOR Shoogarbear :angel

CosmicCowboy
01-30-2006, 05:18 PM
:lmao :lmao

gregg "h" is gay. a traveling wine dude whose into cheese carrying a supply of Java logs and a handy dandy ready to go overnight bag. gay. he just hasn't told you yet.

exactly. Be glad you caught the rug on fire. he had it all set up and was just about to make his move. Of course...now you can't show your face in town since everyone knows all about you guys now...

NZHayden
01-30-2006, 06:08 PM
wow that would be embarrasing

xcoriate
01-31-2006, 04:46 AM
Right befoe you got to the fire, I swear to God I was waiting for the part where he kissed you or made some other kind of pass...

Sorry about your carpet. :lmao :lmao :lmao

Thats what I was thinking. Funny shit.

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-31-2006, 01:06 PM
I like it when Mrs. Chopper turns on a Lifetime movie. . .

because it gets me out of the house and over to the gym.

Oh, and Johnny this sounds like a cry for help brother!

Jimcs50
01-31-2006, 03:28 PM

I did not even know Lifetime movies existed.

I would say that you have some gay tendencies...not that there is anything wrong with that.

:)