PDA

View Full Version : Sheehan And Chavez in Crawford?!?

Nbadan
01-29-2006, 07:24 PM
http://abcnews.go.com/images/International/CAR10201291942.jpeg

Sheehan Plans New Protest at Bush's Ranch
In Venezuela With Chavez, Cindy Sheehan Plans New Protest at Bush's Ranch, Considers Senate Bid

CARACAS, Venezuela Jan 29, 2006 — Cindy Sheehan, the peace activist who just announced that she is weighing a run for Senate, plans to protest again outside President Bush's Texas ranch, Venezuela's president said Sunday with Sheehan by his side.

Hugo Chavez, his arm around Sheehan's shoulders, told a group of activists that Sheehan had told him that during Holy Week, in April, "she is going to put up her tent again in front of Mr. Danger's ranch."

"She invited me to put up a tent. Maybe I'll put up my tent also," Chavez said, to applause from activists invited to his weekly broadcast on the final day of the leftist World Social Forum.

Sheehan, whose 24-year-old soldier son, Casey, was killed in Iraq in 2004, thanked Chavez for "supporting life and peace" and she was impressed by his sincerity.

"He said, 'Why don't I run for president?" she said. "I just laughed."

Sheehan, who lives in Berkeley, Calif., said Saturday that she is strongly considering challenging Democratic Sen. Dianne Feinstein because the lawmaker will not support calls to immediately bring the troops home.

ABC News (http://www.abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory?id=1555061)

Hugo Chavez in Crawford with Cindy Sheehan, :lol you just can't make this stuff up.

Guru of Nothing
01-29-2006, 10:04 PM
If I was Cindy Sheehan's son, I would not be overly disappointed with death.

Yonivore
01-29-2006, 11:21 PM
Ouch! :depressed

scott
01-29-2006, 11:24 PM

Even Hugo's got a "there's gotta be a less demeaning way of making a statement" look on his face.

Yonivore
01-29-2006, 11:57 PM

Even Hugo's got a "there's gotta be a less demeaning way of making a statement" look on his face.
If she'd put a pistol in hand and held it a little up and to the right...

MaNuMaNiAc
01-30-2006, 12:02 AM
Jesus...

exstatic
01-30-2006, 12:26 AM
On the other hand, if he weren't dead, she wouldn't be doing this.

Trainwreck2100
01-30-2006, 01:10 AM
On the other hand, if he weren't dead, she wouldn't be doing this.

Quite the paradox

As for the senate thing

:lol

the bitch definitely has the quality ganja.

xrayzebra
01-30-2006, 10:05 AM
I hope she runs in California. Then she wont be in Texas, and she will get her
butt kicked so bad no one will ever hear of her again.

smeagol
01-30-2006, 02:08 PM
When people such as Sheehan and Belafonte actually go a praise a regime such as Chavez's, they lose all credibility (I think Harry lost it long ago).

Yonivore
01-30-2006, 02:20 PM
(I think Harry lost it long ago).
And Sheehan didn't?

smeagol
01-30-2006, 02:58 PM
And Sheehan didn't?
Well, her case is different. For starters, she's only been around for six or seven months. Second, her motives are legit - she lost a son and God forbid that happens to anybody who posts in this board. And lastly, at the beginning, he was simply a mourning Mom attacking what she though was the culprit (teh war in Iraq and those who caused it) of his son's death. IMO, she started going overbaord when she equated terrorists to freedom fighters. It went downhill from there on.

Spurminator
01-30-2006, 03:06 PM
Her motives were somewhat sympathetic in the beginning until the Partisan Left made her their agenda spokesperson/photo opportunity and the Partisan Right made her their whipping boy. Thus she became another figurehead for Ugly Politics, which is why most moderates simply ignore her.

Oh, Gee!!
01-30-2006, 03:36 PM
I'd still tap her ass

xrayzebra
01-30-2006, 05:41 PM
I'd still tap her ass

And she would enjoy it. I never saw anyone enjoy the fact they lost
a son like she does.

Oh, Gee!!
01-30-2006, 05:46 PM
And she would enjoy it.

I'd knock the dust of that ass, Xray. Know what I'm saying, yo?

xrayzebra
01-30-2006, 05:50 PM
Happy trails again! Go for it my boy, in the bar ditch at Crawford. She knows
how to do it there, she is from the old hippie days.

Nbadan
01-31-2006, 07:36 PM
Guess who's gonna be at tonights SOTU?

Cindy Sheehan said she will be part of the live audience during the president's State of the Union speech to congress Tuesday.

Bay Area Congresswoman Lynn Woosley gave anti-war activist a gallery pass late Tuesday, just hours before the planned State of the Union speech. Sheehan was in Washington to protest the president during his national address, but then came word she was invited to see the speech live.

A spokesman for Sheehan says she decided to accept the invitation two hours prior to the speech. The spokesman also said that Sheehan will be respectful and listen to the address because she is a guest of a member of congress.

Sheehan is expected to fly back to Berkeley Wednesday. She announced over the weekend that she is considering running for Senate against Sen. Dianne Feinstein.

NBC 11 (http://www.nbc11.com/news/6634368/detail.html)

This should be interesting.