PDA

View Full Version : arrested development

80sfan
01-29-2006, 10:36 PM
any one know the name of the song that comes out on the show , part of it says sun shine through my fingers were living in your world now or something like that lol oh yeah i never did figure out the name of the song that plays in sixteen candles at the new faces song , but incase some one reading this does not , im looking for the first song played as soon as they make it to the dance , it plays right after you hear the gong thank you for your time

CharlieMac
01-29-2006, 10:44 PM
I really liek Vinny Del Negro. I'll never understand why his Spurs Jersey usually goes for 35 bucks on Ebay.

80sfan
01-31-2006, 02:33 AM
????? um okay but what about the songs lol

Taco
01-31-2006, 09:29 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arrested_Development_(TV_series)

Music

GOB on stage, performing to "The Final Countdown" Besides the short ukulele-based theme song composed by David Schwartz, which is also used as Lindsay's cell phone ringtone, a couple of other songs are featured prominently in Arrested Development. GOB uses Europe's 1986 hit single, "The Final Countdown" in his magic acts, attempting to increase the audience's excitement through improvised dancing and rapid-fire magic tricks. The dramatic, synthesized chords, combined with GOB's high energy and overacting are a clear parody of modern magic acts. "The Final Countdown" is also GOB's ringtone.

"Free at Last", written by David Schwartz and Gabriel Mann, and performed by Mann and Maxayn Lewis, is used in conjunction with parties, protests, or other events involving gay men, transvestites, or male strippers. A recurring gay crossdresser holds a "Freedom" sign of various sizes under this music. An original song called "Big Yellow Joint," apparently written about the Bluth Banana Stand, sounds almost identical to Arlo Guthrie's "Alice's Restaurant" and is often used in scenes with aged hippie Oscar Bluth or his stash of marijuana. Nikka Costa's "Everybody Got Their Something" is also used in the score for energetic segues.[2]

Short clips of music are also used to highlight recurring comedic themes in the series. For example, during George Sr.'s stints with religion, or other religious experiences, whether real or feigned, a duduk moans in the background. "Christmas Time Is Here," Vince Guaraldi's piano theme from A Charlie Brown Christmas, plays when George Michael Bluth is depressed. Mentions of Mexico get a Spanish guitar riff, dramatic soap opera piano enters when the identity of Buster's father is questioned, and displays of Balboa Bay Window magazine are accompanied by upbeat elevator music.

Taco
01-31-2006, 09:31 AM
http://kfcplainfield.com/sound/arresteddevelopment.wav

80sfan
02-02-2006, 01:07 AM
Thanks for your help but still couldnt find the song , what is it with me and these songs . thanks though

80sfan
02-02-2006, 11:14 AM
just to quote the song again it says something along the lines of sunshine through my fingers

midgetonadonkey
02-02-2006, 11:20 AM
I think the song you are talking about is called Mr. Wendal.

80sfan
02-03-2006, 01:53 AM
naw not the band its from the show arrested development but incase any one els wants it i finally found it

http://beamer.spgarchives.com/Other/YouHereWithMe.MP3

ADman
01-06-2009, 08:11 PM
hey were can i get Gob's ringtone but the instrumental like the monophonic ringtone?

ClingingMars
01-06-2009, 09:41 PM
oh my god epic AD bump.

-Mars

G-Nob
01-07-2009, 11:38 AM
Excited about the movie? I hear everyone's on board except Cera. There is also a fan created doc about the show America missed coming out this summer.

Just started watching the season 3 dvd. Wonderfully brilliant.