PDA

View Full Version : Baby Jessica ('87 well rescue) gets married

j-6
01-30-2006, 10:05 AM
With all the talk about where you were when the Challenger exploded twenty years ago, I remember watching this story unfold even more vividly. It still makes me feel old, though.

Congrats to her and her new husband.

http://www.newsday.com/news/nationworld/nation/wire/sns-ap-people-baby-jessica-marries,0,265969.story?coll=sns-ap-nation-headlines

MIDLAND, Texas -- "Baby Jessica," whose dramatic rescue from an abandoned Texas well was televised across the country 18 years ago, got married in a private ceremony, People magazine reported on its Web site.

Crews struggled for 58 hours to rescue Jessica McClure after she fell into an 8-inch-wide pipe in October 1987.

The celebrity magazine reported that McClure, now 19, married Daniel Morales, 32, at a rural church outside Midland on Saturday. A sign on the door instructed guests not to take pictures or video, the magazine said.

The two met at a day-care center where Morales' sister worked with McClure, according to the magazine.

The case of 18-month-old Jessica created a nationwide sensation. Emergency crews rescued her -- a dramatic moment covered on live television -- after digging a parallel shaft and then breaking through the wall of the well.

CharlieMac
01-30-2006, 10:08 AM
Is she hot now or what?

midgetonadonkey
01-30-2006, 10:10 AM
I would assume she is trailer trash. How I came to that assumption is beyond me.

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-30-2006, 10:11 AM
So she was in an eight-inch pipe...now some guy is giving her his eight-inc....

Nah...

j-6
01-30-2006, 10:14 AM
Is she hot now or what?

(I sort of threw this out as bait for someone to find her myspace profile and show us)

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-30-2006, 10:17 AM
(I sort of threw this out as bait for someone to find her myspace profile and show us)

"Well," I've got some time to kill. Here goes.

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-30-2006, 10:20 AM
http://i1.tinypic.com/muybfc.jpg

It's her in 2004..."well" according to Fark.com that is.

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-30-2006, 10:21 AM
Fuck this, I ain't looking through 139 MySpace profiles.

Although some of the Jessicas in the Midland area are pretty hot.

j-6
01-30-2006, 10:29 AM
I would assume she is trailer trash. How I came to that assumption is beyond me.

http://people.aol.com/people/articles/0,19736,1154151,00.html

MIDLAND, Texas – Jessica McClure, the toddler who captured the nation's heart and evoked its prayers 18 years ago from 22 feet below the surface of this oil patch town, is a married woman.

McClure – now 19 and a student at Midland College – was married Saturday to Daniel Morales, 32, at a Church of Christ in a small rural community outside of the town. The couple met at a day-care center where Morales’s sister worked with the bride.

Inside, the church sanctuary was decorated with loops of white tulle for the private afternoon ceremony. At the altar was a white archway, and suspended underneath were two open hearts, mirroring the interlocking hearts on the couple’s wedding invitation. Posted on the door was a request made to guests: "No Cameras or Picture Phones! No Video Cameras" – a message in step with the extremely private McClure family.

"She's always been that way, just laid-back and not a lot of fanfare," says Cedie Proctor, an aunt of Jessica’s.

McClure – known to the world as Baby Jessica – was 18 months old when she fell into a narrow, abandoned well in the back yard of her aunt's home in 1987. Within hours, scores of rescue workers were feverishly boring into the earth, hoping to reach her before she succumbed to the cold. After 58 hours and with a global audience, two paramedics plucked Jessica from the well and brought her to safety.

At 25, McClure stands to earn a trust fund reportedly valued in excess of $1 million, made up of contributions from well-wishers around the world.

"She's 'Baby Jessica,' everybody’s baby," Morales recently told PEOPLE.

Those who know McClure say she's a quiet person and that the family long ago decided to strongly resist attention for the famous event that occurred almost 20 years ago. One of the only clues to the impending wedding was a Wal-Mart registry.

"She hardly talked," says Abby Casas, who went to Greenwood County High School with Jessica, who graduated in 2004. "But everybody knew who she was."

tlongII
01-30-2006, 10:44 AM
She has taken the first step towards divorce.

Trainwreck2100
01-30-2006, 10:47 AM
http://people.aol.com/people/articles/0,19736,1154151,00.html

MIDLAND, Texas – Jessica McClure, the toddler who captured the nation's heart and evoked its prayers 18 years ago from 22 feet below the surface of this oil patch town, is a married woman.

McClure – now 19 and a student at Midland College – was married Saturday to Daniel Morales, 32, at a Church of Christ in a small rural community outside of the town. The couple met at a day-care center where Morales’s sister worked with the bride.

Props to the new husband and the 13 year age gap. He got to play the field for at least ten years AND tap a chick who probably hasnt. :tu

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-30-2006, 10:49 AM
[url]
"She's 'Baby Jessica,' everybody’s baby," Morales recently told PEOPLE.

And you're banging everybody's baby...good job there, Mo.

Trainwreck2100
01-30-2006, 10:51 AM
Props to the new husband and the 13 year age gap. He got to play the field for at least ten years AND tap a chick who probably hasnt. :tu

At 25, McClure stands to earn a trust fund reportedly valued in excess of $1 million, made up of contributions from well-wishers around the world.

That AND she's gonna be loaded, the motherfucker is living the dream.

King
01-30-2006, 10:54 AM
She was in Maxim not too long ago.

She'd definitely get stuck in the pipe now.

CharlieMac
01-30-2006, 10:56 AM
That dude is living the dream indeed. What hispanic teenage boy doesn't dream of marrying some loaded white chick and living it up on easy street?

CharlieMac
01-30-2006, 10:56 AM

Nah, that wasn't really her.

spurs_fan_in_exile
01-30-2006, 11:08 AM
She's getting a million bucks for getting stuck in a well as a kid? Well, I know how I'll pay for my kids college education.

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-30-2006, 11:12 AM

That was fake.

Trainwreck2100
01-30-2006, 11:17 AM
She's getting a million bucks for getting stuck in a well as a kid? Well, I know how I'll pay for my kids college education.

Keep in mind she's white, if some minority baby fell down a well. People would be wondering how parents let a baby fall down a well. I could see the news, "Day 2134 of the missing Aruba white girl who ended up being loose an d her mom thought she was an angel, coming up after the commercials, what happens when a mexican child and a well get together? Hilarity."

King
01-30-2006, 11:25 AM
That was fake.

Yeah, I just looked it up on museum of hoaxes - unfortunately the page isn't loading.

Was there a story behind it, or were they just being stupid?

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-30-2006, 11:27 AM
Yeah, I just looked it up on museum of hoaxes - unfortunately the page isn't loading.

Was there a story behind it, or were they just being stupid?

It was just a fake "Where are they now?" thing. I know I have that issue somewhere (it was Stuff BTW. I'm pretty sure I even remember it saying on the page it was fake.

They had some hot chick in the shot and a fake interview.

http://www.stuffmagazine.com/articles/index.aspx?id=683

easjer
01-30-2006, 11:50 AM
Jason, you are NOT ALLOWED TO PUT OUR CHILDREN DOWN A WELL. Dear lord, why do I have to spell that out? :bang

As for the other, I hope they'll be happy, but I'm always creeped out by such a big age difference, especially when the girl is under 25 . . . I've never seen it work out, but I suppose it has somewhere. . .

N.Y. Johnny
01-30-2006, 12:27 PM
With all the talk about where you were when the Challenger exploded twenty years ago, I remember watching this story unfold even more vividly. It still makes me feel old, though.

Congrats to her and her new husband.

http://www.newsday.com/news/nationworld/nation/wire/sns-ap-people-baby-jessica-marries,0,265969.story?coll=sns-ap-nation-headlines

MIDLAND, Texas -- "Baby Jessica," whose dramatic rescue from an abandoned Texas well was televised across the country 18 years ago, got married in a private ceremony, People magazine reported on its Web site.

Crews struggled for 58 hours to rescue Jessica McClure after she fell into an 8-inch-wide pipe in October 1987.

The celebrity magazine reported that McClure, now 19, married Daniel Morales, 32, at a rural church outside Midland on Saturday. A sign on the door instructed guests not to take pictures or video, the magazine said.

The two met at a day-care center where Morales' sister worked with McClure, according to the magazine.

The case of 18-month-old Jessica created a nationwide sensation. Emergency crews rescued her -- a dramatic moment covered on live television -- after digging a parallel shaft and then breaking through the wall of the well.

The CHallenger explosion and this make you feel old? :lmao

try remembering when you were just a kid and watching and hearing about the Moon Landing in '69.
:hat

sa_butta
01-30-2006, 12:36 PM

try remembering when you were just a kid and watching and hearing about the Moon Landing in '69.
:hatI was watching the Challenger on TV at my elementary school when it happened, very sad.

j-6
01-30-2006, 12:57 PM

:hat

On a bright note, that means you probably saw Joe Willie and the Jets win the Super Bowl that January.

:D

ObiwanGinobili
01-30-2006, 01:27 PM
Congrats!! although the age diff does kinda freak me out.

side note.
i don't think I could stand to be known as an adult as "baby so and so". kwim? kinda liek "baby jesus"..... baby jesus didin;t do squat. but 30-33 yr old jesus did alot.

j-6
01-30-2006, 01:33 PM
baby jesus didin;t do squat. but 30-33 yr old jesus did alot.

Do you think that baby Jesus changed his own diaper, or was he above soiling himself?

SpursWoman
01-30-2006, 01:42 PM
As for the other, I hope they'll be happy, but I'm always creeped out by such a big age difference, especially when the girl is under 25 . . . I've never seen it work out, but I suppose it has somewhere. . .

Chalk up one to a 13 year-old age gap that didn't work out. I was 20 and he was 33. I look at him now when he comes and picks up my kids and can't get over how fucking old he looks. WTF was I thinking? He hasn't aged very well. :devil :vomit

Now I'm just waiting for the younger one now to say the same damn thing about me. :depressed :oops :lol

The sone
01-30-2006, 02:03 PM

side note.
i don't think I could stand to be known as an adult as "baby so and so". kwim? kinda liek "baby jesus"..... baby jesus didin;t do squat. but 30-33 yr old jesus did alot.

not true baby jesus, or at least little jesus, did a lot. there is a book of the bible, (some say its not real) that details accounts of jesus' youth. in one story jesus got so angry at a playmate that he pushed him off of a roof in effect killing him. when asked if he was the one that pushed him, little jesus said no and revived his playmate to attest to that. once "brought back from the dead" the playmate responded that jesus did not push him off but that he fell off. i dont blame him for fibbing, i mean you wouldnt want to piss the little bugger off would you?

little jesus also had a habit of creating birds out of stones. ahhh youth!

Kori Ellis
01-30-2006, 02:04 PM
Now I'm just waiting for the younger one now to say the same damn thing about me. :depressed :oops :lol

But that will never happen because you are beautiful.

I've actually seen marriages with huge age gaps (in either direction) work out fine.

Good luck to "Baby" Jessica and her husband.

Horry For 3!
01-30-2006, 03:06 PM
They made a movie about her and the rescue :lol

ObiwanGinobili
01-30-2006, 03:42 PM
I remewber the guy that rescued her comitted suicide.

easjer
01-30-2006, 03:45 PM
My younger one has never said anything, but if you ask my inlaws, you'd assume I'm a freaking cradle robber, rather simply three years older. Hell, my grandmother is three years older than her current husband, and I can't tell you what a difference it makes at near 90. . . :lol

I hope they have a long and happy marriage.

N.Y. Johnny
01-30-2006, 04:19 PM

side note.

Baby Conner Peterson would've hated to hear about the early years, had he been able to open his scuba school years from now.

ZStomp
01-30-2006, 04:36 PM
Wow. i remember that evening well. I was in the 8th grade and I was doing homework for Ms. Chittick's class.