PDA

View Full Version : Oh shit....

exstatic
01-30-2006, 08:41 PM
NOT good in a country with basicly no infrastructure, who's physicians have been fleeing to other countries in a steady stream. This could be the flashpoint.

Girl dies of bird flu in Iraq (http://www.cnn.com/2006/HEALTH/01/30/birdflu.iraq.ap/index.html)

Juice
01-30-2006, 11:46 PM
Of the 15 avian influenza virus subtypes, H5N1 is of particular concern because:

• It mutates rapidly and seems to acquire genes from viruses infecting other animal species.

• It can cause severe disease in humans.

• Birds that survive infection excrete virus for at least 10 days, orally and in feces, helping spread the virus at live poultry markets and by migratory birds.

• The more birds that come down with bird flu, the greater the opportunity for direct infection of humans.

• The more humans get infected, the greater the likelihood people can become infected with both human and bird flu strains.

• Humans could then serve as a "mixing vessel" for a new type of virus that could easily be transmitted from person to person. Such an event would mark the start of an influenza pandemic

01-30-2006, 11:49 PM
"Flashpoint"? There has got to be a few more credible straws for you to grasp at. HVN51 (or whatever the new catchphrase is) has been breeding for ovrer 15 years. Try and bash USA/Bush on something else to get your point across.

Gerryatrics
01-31-2006, 02:26 AM
Remember when we all died from SARS? And Monkey Pox? And the Ebola Virus? Man that sucked.

RandomGuy
01-31-2006, 07:41 PM
"Flashpoint"? There has got to be a few more credible straws for you to grasp at. HVN51 (or whatever the new catchphrase is) has been breeding for ovrer 15 years. Try and bash USA/Bush on something else to get your point across.

Har, don't tempt me...

I will have to work on a list of reasons why bush is a bad president and just make that my siggy.

Phenomanul
02-01-2006, 09:10 AM
Remember when we all died from SARS? And Monkey Pox? And the Ebola Virus? Man that sucked.

Yeah... thanks to our apathy and WHO's lack of concern those diseases spread like wildfire. :rolleyes