PDA

View Full Version : • LeBron passes on All-Star dunk contest

ducks
01-30-2006, 09:31 PM
LeBron passes on Dunk Contest
January 30, 2006

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) -- The NBA asked, and LeBron James said no.

James said Monday he declined the NBA's request that he participate in the NBA's All-Star dunk contest. He will, however, be in the skills challenge.

"They didn't beg or plead, I just declined," he said before the Cavaliers' game against the Charlotte Bobcats. "They asked me to do something else, so I said yes."

Cleveland's All-Star forward has declined to participate in the dunk contest in all three of his seasons. He did, however, play on the sophomore team in last year's Rookie Challenge and was a starter for the East in the All-Star Game.

He skipped the dunk contest his rookie year, partially because he was upset at not being picked as a reserve for the Eastern Conference's All-Star team.

Meanwhile, James was named the Eastern Conference's player of the week on Monday after leading Cleveland to a 4-0 record since Jan. 24. He averaged 33.8 points, 8.5 rebounds, 7.5 assists and 2.3 steals in the four victories.

It's the second time this season and fifth time in his career that James has won the conference's weekly honor. He was voted the East's top player in November.

The Cavaliers have won five straight since losing five in a row on a West Coast road trip. They entered Monday's game at Charlotte in second place in the Central Division.

T-Pain
01-30-2006, 09:44 PM
January 30, 2006

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) -- The NBA asked, and LeBron James said no.

James said Monday he declined the NBA's request that he participate in the NBA's All-Star dunk contest. He will, however, be in the skills challenge.

"They didn't beg or plead, I just declined," he said before the Cavaliers' game against the Charlotte Bobcats. "They asked me to do something else, so I said yes."

Cleveland's All-Star forward has declined to participate in the dunk contest in all three of his seasons. He did, however, play on the sophomore team in last year's Rookie Challenge and was a starter for the East in the All-Star Game.

He skipped the dunk contest his rookie year, partially because he was upset at not being picked as a reserve for the Eastern Conference's All-Star team.

Meanwhile, James was named the Eastern Conference's player of the week on Monday after leading Cleveland to a 4-0 record since Jan. 24. He averaged 33.8 points, 8.5 rebounds, 7.5 assists and 2.3 steals in the four victories.

It's the second time this season and fifth time in his career that James has won the conference's weekly honor. He was voted the East's top player in November.

The Cavaliers have won five straight since losing five in a row on a West Coast road trip. They entered Monday's game at Charlotte in second place in the Central Division.

i cant believe it. he declined the dunk contest

ABDENOUR POWER
01-30-2006, 10:11 PM

What a baby.

ducks
01-30-2006, 10:35 PM
ofcourse he is a baby
he has to have his mommy by the hummer before he gets the nba contract to pay for it
then gets all these enorsements then says fuck the dunk contest
the dunk contest is what fans like
his endorsement companies I bet are real happy with him right now

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-30-2006, 10:48 PM
What a pussy. Nut up and do the dunk contest you candy ass.

Leetonidas
01-30-2006, 11:38 PM
Douche bag.

midgetonadonkey
01-30-2006, 11:38 PM
He would own in the dunk contest. It's a shame he is a bitch and doesn't want to do it. The NBA should pay these spoiled mothefuckers to join the contest, more people would watch. Nobody wants to see crackhead Birdman take 15 attempts at a mediocre dunk. We want to see the best dunkers in the game and none are joining because there is no monitary reward.

Trainwreck2100
01-31-2006, 12:05 AM
Fuck Lebron

manu
01-31-2006, 01:01 AM
that means earl boykins can become a MANKINS FINALLY THIS YEAR!!!
and demostrate that he can also dunk!!!

T-Pain
01-31-2006, 01:17 AM
He would own in the dunk contest. It's a shame he is a bitch and doesn't want to do it. The NBA should pay these spoiled mothefuckers to join the contest, more people would watch. Nobody wants to see crackhead Birdman take 15 attempts at a mediocre dunk. We want to see the best dunkers in the game and none are joining because there is no monitary reward.

mediocre??? pleeezzz

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
01-31-2006, 01:21 AM
Lebron isn't that great of a Dunker. His dunks are amazing, but they all seem the same, plus he really isn't that creative with his dunks.

I would really like to see Vince back in the dunk contest to challenge Josh and JR Smith and Nate Robinson

1Parker1
01-31-2006, 09:41 AM
What was his reason for not doing it this year, though?

Trainwreck2100
01-31-2006, 11:42 AM

He's a pussy

cheguevara
01-31-2006, 12:13 PM

his period is coming up

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-31-2006, 01:36 PM
You'd think someone so dialed into being the next Jordan would realize the importance of the dunk contest.

leemajors
01-31-2006, 02:11 PM
it's not really that important anymore, what other kinds of dunks can be done? it was played out after the lame ceballos blindfold.

Marklar MM
01-31-2006, 02:53 PM
He is not a very acrobatic dunker. He is not like Richardson or Carter. He just goes for power dunks. Hell. In the high school dunk contest, every other player was trying dunks that were 10x harder then his. He would just throw off the backboard for a one hand slam or some easy shit.

ALVAREZ6
01-31-2006, 03:03 PM
LeBron is a fuckin baby...what a bitch.

Obstructed_View
01-31-2006, 05:15 PM
Yeah, the dunk contest has been a star-studded affair the last ten years. Only losers skip it. :rolleyes

Does anyone remember Birdman in the dunk contest missing like 11 times in a row? The dunk contest sucks. Nobody's doing anything new. The day someone tops anything Carter did in the dunk contest please wake me up. Seriously, if Amare can't make the dunk contest interesting then it's not worth watching.

Marklar MM
01-31-2006, 05:17 PM
Yeah, the dunk contest has been a star-studded affair the last ten years. Only losers skip it. :rolleyes

Does anyone remember Birdman in the dunk contest missing like 11 times in a row? The dunk contest sucks. Nobody's doing anything new. The day someone tops anything Carter did in the dunk contest please wake me up. Seriously, if Amare can't make the dunk contest interesting then it's not worth watching.

Richardson pulled off the "off backboard, between the legs, one hander". no one had previously done that. He of course lost to Fred Jones with his fall away one hander shit.

Vashner
01-31-2006, 05:21 PM
He's too fat.. or Phat...

1Parker1
01-31-2006, 10:35 PM
Does anyone remember Birdman in the dunk contest missing like 11 times in a row?

Well maybe he was :smokin before the game?

Obstructed_View
01-31-2006, 11:29 PM
You'd think someone so dialed into being the next Jordan would realize the importance of the dunk contest.
He does, which is why he's skipping it. The only reason I can list the team of more than one participant is because he won it last year. I can't even tell you who won it the year before. In-game dunks are better IMO.

infinite styles
02-01-2006, 12:56 AM
I saw the high school dunk contest that he was in and he wasn't that impressive. He one based on his celebrity that time cause the dude that was in the finals with him was IMO a hundred times better. He just just real high and doesn't really produce dunk contest material. I would rather see Vince/Richardson/Greg Jones/Nate Robinson/Josh Smith in a contest at the same time.

atlfan25
02-01-2006, 01:01 AM
jeeez...this contest is meaningless

who cares if he wants to participate or not

Pandaemonaeon
02-01-2006, 02:00 AM
He is not a very acrobatic dunker. He is not like Richardson or Carter. He just goes for power dunks.

http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/8586/tomahawk4oi.jpg

lil_texas21
02-01-2006, 02:17 AM
all these guys talk about how they look up to JORDAN n everything he did well JORDAN went out n WON everything dunk contests, scoring titles, championships the stars now think they are too good for the dunk contest!!!

Trainwreck2100
02-01-2006, 02:20 AM
jeeez...this contest is meaningless

who cares if he wants to participate or not

Cause he's a wuss

Obstructed_View
02-01-2006, 07:37 PM
all these guys talk about how they look up to JORDAN n everything he did well JORDAN went out n WON everything dunk contests, scoring titles, championships the stars now think they are too good for the dunk contest!!!
Jordan wouldn't have been in the dunk contest if he'd been in there against Rumeal Robinson and Donald Royal. Until Kobe and Carter come back to it, there's not really anything to gain by participating.

Phonzie20
02-02-2006, 12:56 PM
I hate the All-Star Weekend. Worthless.

boutons_
02-02-2006, 01:53 PM
"not a very acrobatic dunker. "

not in games, but does anyone doubt that if he wanted to do show-boat dunks, he has all the athletic ability to be with the best show-boaters?

SuperManu!!!
02-05-2006, 07:53 PM
Le bron doesn't want to enter the dunk contest because he knows that there are better players than him and he won't won shit