PDA

View Full Version : NBA.Com Hedo Chat

angel_luv
01-31-2006, 03:26 PM
Chat With Orlando's Hedo Turkoglu
In his sixth NBA season, Hedo Turkoglu is adding another element to his game and the results are helping the Orlando Magic in a big way. Hedo - the first Turkish-born player in NBA history - has been known to most of the league as a deadly outside shooter. However, lately it has been his hard work at putting the ball of the floor and driving to the basket that has created some size matchups and added another offensive weapon to the Magic's arsenal.
During the Magic's recent winning streak, Turkoglu's play has been stellar - scoring 24, 22, 30 and 25 during a four-game stretch that helped lift Orlando back into the playoff picture. His 13.8 points per game ranks fourth on the team, while he also leads the Magic in three-point field goals made, free throw percentage and is fourth on the team in minutes played.

The 26-year-old is in his second season with the Magic and has become one of the most reliable players on the roster. On Tuesday, Hedo will take a few minutes (19 to be exact! :lol) to sit and chat with his growing international fan base on OrlandoMagic.com. Submit your questions for Hedo today and then check back at 3:00PM (ET) on Tuesday to chat with Hedo.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kerem Leblebici(Istanbul): What do you think about your rising performance in last 5-6 games? Will it continue?

Hedo Turkoglu: I want to keep it up, and keep playing like this and I'm working on that. I've had some ups and downs, but my confidence is high right now...I'm believing in myself and now...I'm playing much better.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jimmy (Merritt Island): HEDO! I love your game man. Your on my fantasy Team and I'm lovin' it. Your stats are higher than ever. Do you feel more comfortable playing here in Orlando? Is the atmosphere better for you?

Hedo Turkoglu: I'm getting more minutes here...and that is a big thing. Also, I'm in a different role in Orlando now. I'm like the third scoring option on the team now, which is different from my role on past teams. As long as I'm on the court, I can create more and use my skills more and that's what's happening now for me with the Magic.

Matt (Mexico): Hey Hedo I'm a big fan of yours, I was wondering how are old you were when you started playing basketball? Keep up the good work!

Hedo Turkoglu: I was like 11 years old when I started playing basketball.

Magic Fan, Orlando: Hedo, you've played with both Tim Duncan and Chris Webber. Does Dwight compare to either of these two?

Hedo Turkoglu: Dwight is young and he's still learning. But he's gonna be a really great player in this league. For me, I always see Dwight as more like Amare Stoudemire. Both are great athletes who are very strong around the basket. In a few years, Dwight will be one of the greatest players in this league, he will be a force inside.

Gainsville: Hey, your one of my favorite players! I was just wondering, how did you get started in baskitball living in Turkey? Scott Young

Hedo Turkoglu: First of all, I want to say that Turkey is one of the greatest countries in Europe. My brother played basketball and that's how I got involved playing too.

Jordan (Corning): What is your favorite NBA town to play in besides Orlando?

Hedo Turkoglu: I like New York. I like L.A. I like Chicago and I like Phoenix.

serap/ istanbul: Who is your idol?

Hedo Turkoglu: Harun, was a Turkish player who was very good when I was young. Then, as I got older in Europe, I followed Toni Kukoc.

Seckin(Istanbul): Why number 15 ?

Hedo Turkoglu: I don't know. Wherever I go, whatever new team or city I go to....I had 5 in Sacramento and I had 14 in San Antonio, so I figured I would start with a new number with my new team in Orlando too.

E (Leesburg, Fl.): Hey Hedo, Who is the player that u will like to beat playing one on one?

Hedo Turkoglu: One-on-one? Shaq!

Erhan Çınargil (Antalya): What's your favorite junk food in USA?

Hedo Turkoglu: In-and-Out Burger. That's the best!

Ergun Turkey/Eskisehir: hi hido i just like to know who is your best friend in the NBA?(turkiye'den sevgilerle)

Hedo Turkoglu: I will start with Vlade Divac and Peja Stojakovic. Almost all the Sacramento team, I also had great frienships with the whole team in San Antonio. And now, here in Orlando too.

Donald (Houston): Hey Hedo long time fan here. I was wondering would you rather come off the bench or start. Good luck with the rest of the season.

Hedo Turkoglu: I really don't care anymore. I just want to get the minutes, and that isn't just me...that is for every player. The more minutes, the more opportunities to create and improve your skills and get better and help your team win. As long as I get minutes, it really doesn't matter to me anymore whether I start or not.

steve london: hi hedo, you're playing out of this world this season, what do you think the magic need to do to make the playoffs?

Hedo Turkoglu: First we need to get healthy. And then, when we get a chance to play together more often, we need to share the ball and help each other. We need to play as a team. Teams win. Teams that are on the same page win.

Hedo Turkoglu: I would like to thank the fans who support me. I really appreciate all the support...even through my ups and downs, you have always stood by me and cheered for me. I want to thank you all for that.

angel_luv
01-31-2006, 03:27 PM
First of all, I want to say that Turkey is one of the greatest countries in Europe

:lol That's awesome!

I also had great frienships with the whole team in San Antonio.

Aww! :elephant

I would like to thank the fans who support me. I really appreciate all the support...even through my ups and downs, you have always stood by me and cheered for me. I want to thank you all for that.

That's me! :elephant

E20
01-31-2006, 08:42 PM
Out of the three who and why:

Hedo
Brent
Finley

1Parker1
01-31-2006, 10:33 PM
Finley...isn't afraid to take the shot and is a former All Star.

baseline bum
01-31-2006, 11:40 PM
He didn't answer my question.. :(

baseline bum (Los Angeles): Hedo... sigter git.

angel_luv
02-01-2006, 12:31 AM
He didn't answer any of my three questions.

1Parker1
02-01-2006, 10:40 AM
:lol Hedo should appreciate the few fans he does have and answer their questions :)

TDMVPDPOY
02-01-2006, 11:28 AM
He didn't answer any of my three questions.

He found out ur a hater hahahahahaha, seriously did anyone question him where was he in the playoffs when he was with the spurs?

Horry For 3!
02-01-2006, 03:18 PM
Pretty cool. It is just like the Robert Horry chat I was in. Submitting some questions and he answered one of them.

angel_luv
02-01-2006, 03:28 PM
He found out ur a hater hahahahahaha,

Not a chance!

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32684&highlight=praise+rasho

post 8

seriously did anyone question him where was he in the playoffs when he was with the spurs?

I posted the entire transcript.

I also purposely waited to make the thread until after that chat was over. :angel

GO SPurs Go
02-02-2006, 06:58 PM
E (Leesburg, Fl.): Hey Hedo, Who is the player that u will like to beat playing one on one?

Hedo Turkoglu: One-on-one? Shaq!
lmfao

GO SPurs Go
02-02-2006, 06:59 PM
Oh well him leaving SA was inevitable. Most rookies don't understand the concept of playing roles and want to be Kobe Bryants for their team. Just like DB