PDA

View Full Version : State of the Union tonight

Trainwreck2100
01-31-2006, 08:31 PM
"Hi, I'm George Bush ya'll are stuck with me for three years, and we Republicans control the senate, house, and supreme court. So fuck everyone and bye till next year"

Can he just say that so I don't get my shows preempted.

RandomGuy
01-31-2006, 08:35 PM
Give this guy a medal for saying what we are all thinking...

:tu

SA210
01-31-2006, 10:52 PM
If you missed the Speech, just watch his other misleading rhetoric from the past. No difference.

Peter
01-31-2006, 11:38 PM
Great speech. Then again, most politicians should be able to give such a speech.

JoeChalupa
02-01-2006, 08:05 AM
Same story.

Vashner
02-01-2006, 08:51 AM
He kicked some ass....

If Cindy only kept her Tshirt on till like the middle of the thing would of been more entertaining.

Yonivore
02-01-2006, 11:15 AM
I think it's interesting that the only time the Democrats applauded en masse was to celebrate their obstructionism over Social Security Reform.

JoePublic
02-01-2006, 12:07 PM
Kicked ass?...more like BS.

JoeChalupa
02-01-2006, 01:51 PM
He had some good spin points but you have to know how Bush speaks to understand.

He made a big point about defending the surveillance program and how previous presidents have used the same constitutional authority" that he did" and how "federal courts have approved the use of that authority."

What he didn't mention is that warrantless surveillance within the US for national security purposes was struck down by the U.S. Supreme Court in 1972, long after Presidents Lincoln, Wilson and Roosevelt stopped issuing orders. That led to the 1978 passage of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act that Bush essentially bypassed in authorizing the program after the Sept. 11 attacks. But it was a great spin.

Then he blabbed about his plan to reduce our dependence on Middle East oil by 75% but the US currently only imports about 10% from there. Another nice spin.

He also spat out how in the last 2 1/2 years, America has created 4.6 million new jobs but failed to mention the 2.6 million jobs lost in the first 2 1/2 years of his presidency.

Listen people...don't just applaud...free your minds and your votes will follow.

implacable44
02-01-2006, 01:54 PM
I think it's interesting that the only time the Democrats applauded en masse was to celebrate their obstructionism over Social Security Reform.

of course they applauded social security - look at the huge burden that is on the working american and it serves no purpose - Thanks for nothing FDR --

Oh, Gee!!
02-01-2006, 02:00 PM
Cowboy_me_kr would say that Bush sucked the Senate all night long.

JackLalanne
02-01-2006, 02:10 PM
of course they applauded social security - look at the huge burden that is on the working american and it serves no purpose - Thanks for nothing FDR --

No purpose? :flipoff I need my SS checks thank you very much.

Trainwreck2100
02-01-2006, 02:24 PM
Listen people...don't just applaud...free your minds and your votes will follow.

I won't be voting for Bush next election

JoeChalupa
02-01-2006, 02:31 PM
I won't be voting for Bush next election

What about if Jeb runs?

Trainwreck2100
02-01-2006, 02:32 PM
What about if Jeb runs?

If it's Jeb vs. Hillary in the next election, I'm moving to Canada.

JoeChalupa
02-01-2006, 02:36 PM
If it's Jeb vs. Hillary in the next election, I'm moving to Canada.

Easy there Alec Baldwin. :lol

SpursWoman
02-01-2006, 02:44 PM
Cowboy_me_kr would say that Bush sucked the Senate all night long.

:lol :lol

Trainwreck2100
02-01-2006, 02:57 PM
Easy there Alec Baldwin. :lol

All I'm saying if that's the case America is fucked.

Nbadan
02-01-2006, 03:32 PM
Did anyone see John McCain making a total ass out of himself? Tell me he's not already campaigning....but he'll get torpedoed again, just watch, except this time they'll put out his illegitimate Chinese daugther from Nam', who's, by the way, not really Chinese or his daughter.

Peter
02-01-2006, 03:34 PM
He had some good spin points but you have to know how Bush speaks to understand.

He made a big point about defending the surveillance program and how previous presidents have used the same constitutional authority" that he did" and how "federal courts have approved the use of that authority."

What he didn't mention is that warrantless surveillance within the US for national security purposes was struck down by the U.S. Supreme Court in 1972, long after Presidents Lincoln, Wilson and Roosevelt stopped issuing orders. That led to the 1978 passage of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act that Bush essentially bypassed in authorizing the program after the Sept. 11 attacks. But it was a great spin.

As I understand it, both the Clinton and Bush41 administrations claimed the same authority.

Marklar MM
02-01-2006, 03:59 PM
All I'm saying if that's the case America is fucked.

Nader and Ross Perot need to run. :elephant They may actually have a shot.

Darrin
02-01-2006, 04:40 PM

Yeah, those 65-year-olds should've saved when they were younger. I mean, it's not like the companies they work for are taking away pensions or anything. Pull yourself up by your bootstraps, you lazy pricks.

Darrin
02-01-2006, 04:41 PM
"Hi, I'm George Bush ya'll are stuck with me for three years, and we Republicans control the senate, house, and supreme court. So fuck everyone and bye till next year"

Can he just say that so I don't get my shows preempted.

No, he doesn't just want to fuck you; he's a politican. He wants you to like it.

Nbadan
02-01-2006, 06:01 PM
Yeah, those 65-year-olds should've saved when they were younger. I mean, it's not like the companies they work for are taking away pensions or anything. Pull yourself up by your bootstraps, you lazy pricks.

:lol

Yeah, and getting what? 8-1, 10-1,20-1 into what they put into the Social Security system in the first place. You want real SS reform, let's start with a means test, so that rich, prick millionares aren't robbing the system blind.