PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: Southsiders !!

ObiwanGinobili
02-01-2006, 11:42 AM
Hello all SA Southsiders!
I will be joingin your ranks at the end of my current lease (1yr and 4 months to go). :spin But in the meantime I need to do some advance research.

I know NOTHING about the southside. I don;t even know the names of areas/neighborhoods/subdivisions or where they are located. :oops
I don;t know what school systems ther eare or what areas they encompass.
I don;t know what areas are nice to live in and waht areas we should avoid.
Shopping? Living? .... everythign basicly!

So help a sister out and give me the 411!! :angel

Tell me all about your little section of Southside San Antonio! Do you like it? Hows the schools? good parks? Places to eat? etc etc etc.

Especially the neighborhoods... what are thier names? where are they? which ones are good which ones are bad??

Thanks sooooo much in advance!! :princess
Emo and I are plannign on renting a house for 2 or 3 years untill we get more familiar with the area and then buy.

He's working at toyota so any area you can recomend that has ashort driving to S. Zarzamora or HWY 16 would be great! :tu

mookie2001
02-01-2006, 11:57 AM
the grass is greener

Trainwreck2100
02-01-2006, 12:00 PM
waht areas we should avoid.

All of them

spurjur
02-01-2006, 12:12 PM
The South Side isn't that bad as people think it is. I think its more family oriented because people who are there have been there for a long time. There are a lot of good restaurants. A lot of holes in the wall that serve good food. The school districts consisit of Harlandale, South San, and Southside. Southwest ISD is another one.

The one neighborhood I would avoid is Indian Creek off of Old Pearsall Rd. I really don't know the names of neighborhoods there. I know there are some new sub-divisions going up because of Toyota.

Trainwreck2100
02-01-2006, 12:22 PM
The South Side isn't that bad as people think it is.

Oh really? Let's see when I was 8 I got my ass kicked by someone two sizes bigger than me and this was at a park. And the counselors there didn't do anything about it. Just recently my car got stolen, a guy got shot down the street and a sex offender lives two houses down.

FUCK THE SOUTHSIDE :pctoss

ObiwanGinobili
02-01-2006, 12:26 PM
well I live in the medical center and a sex offender lives rihgt below my apatment on the ground floor.

we are definatly moving southside.
emo is from a small town and is used to it only taking 5-10 min.s to get to work.
right now he's going pshyco with this 35 min. drive.

midgetonadonkey
02-01-2006, 12:32 PM
I live near Highlands High School and it is a nice area. I come from a small town and was fearful of the Southside at first, but it really isn't bad. I have never heard gun shots. My house or car have never been broken into. Anyone who doesn't like the Southside can go fuck themselves.

ObiwanGinobili
02-01-2006, 12:33 PM
so where is highlands high school? and whats the name of the area?
thanks?

midgetonadonkey
02-01-2006, 12:38 PM
My neighborhood is off of Steves and Clark. Highlands High is a couple of blocks past Clark. I think they call the area Highland Hills.

IceColdBrewski
02-01-2006, 12:42 PM
This is the first time I've ever heard of someone looking to move into the southside, instead of out of it.

Well, if it's because of the driving time, southside is definitely the place. Because after his car gets stolen, he'll be able to let the VIA bus driver do all the driving.

ObiwanGinobili
02-01-2006, 01:11 PM
This is the first time I've ever heard of someone looking to move into the southside, instead of out of it.

Well, if it's because of the driving time, southside is definitely the place. Because after his car gets stolen, he'll be able to let the VIA bus driver do all the driving.

the closet the via bus gets to toyota is South San hospitol.

believe me, we looked into it.

Old School Chic
02-01-2006, 01:21 PM
The South Side isn't that bad as people think it is. I think its more family oriented because people who are there have been there for a long time. There are a lot of good restaurants. A lot of holes in the wall that serve good food. The school districts consisit of Harlandale, South San, and Southside. Southwest ISD is another one.

The one neighborhood I would avoid is Indian Creek off of Old Pearsall Rd. I really don't know the names of neighborhoods there. I know there are some new sub-divisions going up because of Toyota.

Obi,

Spurjur has given you the real info about the southside. Please stay away from the Indian Creek area, they kill you for free out there.
My parents have lived off of SW Military drive and Logwood (a few blocks from South Park Mall) for 20 years with no problems what so ever. Since your hubby is working for Toyota, then I recommend an apartment or house around the South Park Mall area, It's right off of IH35. That way he can get to work by taking 35 then Hwy 16 and you can shop till you drop at the mall. :elephant

Old School Chic
02-01-2006, 01:23 PM
Oh really? Let's see when I was 8 I got my ass kicked by someone two sizes bigger than me and this was at a park. And the counselors there didn't do anything about it. Just recently my car got stolen, a guy got shot down the street and a sex offender lives two houses down.

FUCK THE SOUTHSIDE :pctoss

You deserve a good kick in the ass for talking shit about the southside. :lol

spurjur
02-01-2006, 01:34 PM
Obi. I'm sure you know as well as everyone who is part of Spurstalk, that crime is everywhere. North, West, East, and South. I am not saying that you will not be a victim of crime if you move down to the South Side, but I was raised on the South Side off of Logwood and Aaron. I lived there for about 15 years and never heard any gun shots. I never had anything stolen and never got beat up like some wuss stated earlier. I never felt threatened nor scared when I lived there.

I now live right off of 1604 between Highway 16 and I-35. It is still the South part of town, but not considered San Antonio. I have lots of friends who live in the South Side and I don't recall any of them having any problems with crime. Just avoid the Indian Creek area. Try to avoid that whole area near Old Pearsall Rd such as Five Palms and Old Sky Harbor. I am not labeling all the people who live there as bad, but there is a lot of crime there.

spurjur
02-01-2006, 01:36 PM
Another thing to consider is that the South East part of town is really growing. I haven't been over to that side in a while, but heard its a lot different than before. I'm talking about the area where Brooks Air Force Base use to be.

Old School Chic
02-01-2006, 01:38 PM
I never had anything stolen and never got beat up like some wuss stated earlier.

:lol

Mixability
02-01-2006, 01:38 PM
My neighborhood is off of Steves and Clark. Highlands High is a couple of blocks past Clark. I think they call the area Highland Hills.

Isn't that considered Southeast?

Old School Chic
02-01-2006, 01:39 PM
Another thing to consider is that the South East part of town is really growing. I haven't been over to that side in a while, but heard its a lot different than before. I'm talking about the area where Brooks Air Force Base use to be.

I almost forgot about the Brooks Air Force Base Area. It Is really nice out there.
So many new places to shop and eat! :elephant

The Southside is kicking some ass!

ObiwanGinobili
02-01-2006, 01:40 PM
Spurjur
I <3 you!!
Thanks so much!!

spurjur
02-01-2006, 01:40 PM
Highlands is considered South East. I heard that there are going to be some homes developed near Toyota in the near future starting around the $180K. That is unheard of on the South Side.

Taco
02-01-2006, 01:41 PM
Obi. I'm sure you know as well as everyone who is part of Spurstalk, that crime is everywhere. North, West, East, and South. .

Yep.

It just depends on where you are, look up crime statistics in certain areas and see what looks good for you.
Drive around look at the housing, in the area's where the house are neat and the yards are well maintained are usually pretty safe but then you go a few blocks away and your right back into a bad area.

Good luck,

I hope you find a nice area.

Das Texan
02-01-2006, 01:42 PM
Isn't that considered Southeast?

it is and toyota is more southwest.

ObiwanGinobili
southeast info is fine too.

i should clairfy that when I say "southside" i am thinking southcentral, southwest and southeast.

thanks all!

Trainwreck2100
Highlands is considered South East. I heard that there are going to be some homes developed near Toyota in the near future starting around the $180K. That is unheard of on the South Side.

That's stupid and I have no idea how Cisneros conned the Toyota guys into it

Mixability
02-01-2006, 01:44 PM
I call Military Drive "Little Mexico".

Whether you need a pit bull, fruit, cell phone accessories, or your windshield fixed.........

You can find it in "Little Mexico".

Mixability
02-01-2006, 01:45 PM

I'm glad that South Loop 13 is now starting to look like North 410, thanks to this, my parents will take their first step inside a Best Buy. :spin

ObiwanGinobili
02-01-2006, 01:47 PM

Whether you need a pit bull, fruit, cell phone accessories, or your windshield fixed.........

haha! my Popo (abuelo) lives in "little mexico" in Port Lavaca... but you can;t really go visit him there because he lives in a brothel that his brother runs. (i'm not taking my kids to a place wher you can buy a 16yo old for 50 bucks)
so he has to come visit us. which he never does becasue as great as his sparkly grape purple 1996 S-10 with the airbrushed fighting cocks across the hood looks - it doen't run.

spurjur
02-01-2006, 01:48 PM
Another thing Obi. I have lived in the medical area too. I lived there for about 4 years and lived another few years in the airport area. I find the people in the South Side more approachable and more friendly. I see them as more humble I guess. Before anyone gets all mad. I am not saying that only South Siders are friendly. Just talking from my experience.

Mixability
addendum: Southwest Military has candy apples for sale at every intersection.

ObiwanGinobili

they are also building a huge new shopping center on Applewhite road a few blocks norht of the plant. a gym, target, all that kinda stuff is sopposed to go in there.

Taco
02-01-2006, 01:49 PM

:lmao

querer's chicle?
http://us.st11.yimg.com/store1.yimg.com/I/mex-grocer_1878_6795256

Trainwreck2100
02-01-2006, 01:50 PM
Obi. I'm sure you know as well as everyone who is part of Spurstalk, that crime is everywhere. North, West, East, and South. I am not saying that you will not be a victim of crime if you move down to the South Side, but I was raised on the South Side off of Logwood and Aaron. I lived there for about 15 years and never heard any gun shots. I never had anything stolen and never got beat up like some wuss stated earlier. I never felt threatened nor scared when I lived there.

I now live right off of 1604 between Highway 16 and I-35. It is still the South part of town, but not considered San Antonio. I have lots of friends who live in the South Side and I don't recall any of them having any problems with crime. Just avoid the Indian Creek area. Try to avoid that whole area near Old Pearsall Rd such as Five Palms and Old Sky Harbor. I am not labeling all the people who live there as bad, but there is a lot of crime there.

Having been someone that's moved from the North to Southside, It sucks. The only theatre out here is the crappy ass Mayan that all the little Jr. High School kids go to cause they don't have anywhere else to go. They don't even fund a full concession staff. But hey we got a bookstore now, la dee fricken da.

Let me just throw something out, when I live north I could run at ten at night, would you do that on the southside.

spurjur
02-01-2006, 01:50 PM
they are also building a huge new shopping center on Applewhite road a few blocks norht of the plant. a gym, target, all that kinda stuff is sopposed to go in there.

Don't know if you'd be interested, but there is a very nice sub-division off of 1604 and something (near Applewhitte) named Savanah Heights that is very nice. Its more country living though.

Trainwreck2100
02-01-2006, 01:51 PM

But should that almost tripple property value?

ObiwanGinobili
Another thing Obi. I have lived in the medical area too. I lived there for about 4 years and lived another few years in the airport area. I find the people in the South Side more approachable and more friendly. I see them as more humble I guess. Before anyone gets all mad. I am not saying that only South Siders are friendly. Just talking from my experience.

it's funny - the place that I find the friendliest most open people? are on the bus. :lol

VIA! we're going places!

Das Texan
if you havent been to the southside in the last few years then you wont recognize it.

there are a number of nice areas on the southside, the highland hills area is nice, there are a couple of areas off ww white that are nice (dont know their names though), and they are building up more and more types of complexes all the time with housing all up and down military.

and i still love all the old stereotypes, good stuff.

Trainwreck2100
02-01-2006, 01:53 PM

That I agree with, but i think that's more of a racial thing. Mexicans are just more friendly. San Antonio mexicans not them rich mexicans from Mexico that only come here on holidays, most of them are jerks.

ObiwanGinobili
02-01-2006, 01:54 PM
Don't know if you'd be interested, but there is a very nice sub-division off of 1604 and something (near Applewhitte) named Savanah Heights that is very nice. Its more country living though.

I'd actually be interested in something like that to buy.
Emo grew up out in the middle of nowhere with acerage and horses.
not that I'm saying I want acerage & horses... but space between myself and my neighbors and littel ot no traffic would be nice.
Definatly make Emo feel comfortable.

Taco
02-01-2006, 01:54 PM
SouthSide GTG!!!!

Das Texan
02-01-2006, 01:57 PM
Having been someone that's moved from the North to Southside, It sucks. The only theatre out here is the crappy ass Mayan that all the little Jr. High School kids go to cause they don't have anywhere else to go. They don't even fund a full concession staff. But hey we got a bookstore now, la dee fricken da.

Let me just throw something out, when I live north I could run at ten at night, would you do that on the southside.

in mine i would.

ObiwanGinobili
02-01-2006, 02:00 PM

wiht 2 children under the age of 2 and a husband and household to run i'm ready to go to bed at 8:30. there's no 10pm running for me.
and I wouldn;t run at 10 in any neighborhood. (being a woman I feel thats just not smart). Besides... if I was awake at 10pm I'd rather be fucking. :fro

Trainwreck2100
02-01-2006, 02:04 PM
in mine i would.

Well in mine there's dog a mission, the site of a murder, and a "recording studio" that only has people at nite. I'm not saying the southside is Detroit or anything cause it's not that bad.

Taco
02-01-2006, 02:04 PM
Besides... if I was awake at 10pm I'd rather be fucking. :fro

:wow :eyebrows :lmao

Old School Chic
02-01-2006, 02:10 PM

Don't forget candy apples
:spin

Trainwreck2100
02-01-2006, 02:10 PM
Don't forget candy apples
:spin

He didnt
Edit: that's just a front, there's rock in those apples.

Old School Chic
02-01-2006, 02:14 PM
That I agree with, but i think that's more of a racial thing. Mexicans are just more friendly. San Antonio mexicans not them rich mexicans from Mexico that only come here on holidays, most of them are jerks.

Wow! I finally agree with Trainwreck2100 on something.
Yep, those so called rich mexicans who only come to SA on holidays are fucking hateful MOFO's. (not all of them, but 98% of them are) :rolleyes

Old School Chic
02-01-2006, 02:15 PM
SouthSide GTG!!!!

Great Idea! That way Obi can start getting used to the Southside :elephant

ObiwanGinobili
02-01-2006, 02:26 PM
Yep, those so called rich mexicans who only come to SA on holidays are fucking hateful MOFO's. (not all of them, but 98% of them are) :rolleyes

yep I totally agree. they got some attitude on them like noone;s buisness. And they treat you like shit.

ObiwanGinobili
02-01-2006, 02:27 PM
Great Idea! That way Obi can start getting used to the Southside :elephant

whooo hooooo!!!

midgetonadonkey
02-01-2006, 02:43 PM
SouthSide GTG!!!!

Fuck yeah. That sounds good. The biggest reason I haven't made it to a GTG is because they are always on the Northside.

spurjur
02-01-2006, 02:46 PM
How about???? Club Image?
LOL

Trainwreck2100
02-01-2006, 02:48 PM

The thing about them, is they're rich, and they are always trying to get things on the cheap. (I love correcting them though) Then they think your managers are gonna take their side. When the managers feel just the same way about them you do.

Mixability
02-01-2006, 02:49 PM
and a "recording studio" that only has people at nite.

I've "recorded albums" there.

Off of Mitchell and Flores, right? :smokin

Mixability
02-01-2006, 02:49 PM
LOL

oh no you di'nt!

spurjur
02-01-2006, 02:57 PM

oh no you di'nt!

It'll be cool. We can hang out until like 7:00 am.

Mixability
02-01-2006, 03:26 PM
It'll be cool. We can hang out until like 7:00 am.

and then hit up TC's..... :spin

spurjur
02-01-2006, 03:26 PM
You got it. Those were the days.

AlamoSpursFan
02-01-2006, 03:40 PM
southeast info is fine too.

i should clairfy that when I say "southside" i am thinking southcentral, southwest and southeast.

thanks all!

So no southnorth then?

Silver21_Black20
02-01-2006, 03:54 PM
I live near Highlands High School and it is a nice area. I come from a small town and was fearful of the Southside at first, but it really isn't bad. I have never heard gun shots. My house or car have never been broken into. Anyone who doesn't like the Southside can go fuck themselves.

Thanks for that midge :tu

Obi, I live minutes away from midge and like him I've never had any real problems in my neighborhood. I went to Highlands high school and it wasn't too bad but I wouldn't recommend it. I have no idea how the school system is now so that is something you need to look into.

Old School Chic
02-01-2006, 05:36 PM
LOL

I went there a couple of times. I remember jamming down to The Cover Girls & Expose when they went in concert there. :spin

If I could turn back time :depressed

SequSpur
02-01-2006, 05:40 PM
Southside!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ZStomp
02-01-2006, 05:40 PM
I was born and raised in the SouthSide. And I love it.

When I'm ready to purchase a home, chances are I will end up in the South Side again.

As for how bad it is- of course you have some crime- but JUST LIKE EVERY PART OF TOWN.

For those of you that know where (SAPD) I work- the southside is the slowest part of town.

Southside :tu

Kori Ellis
02-01-2006, 05:42 PM
ObiWan - I don't know anything about the Southside, but I would guess with your kids being young that the most important thing to you would be safety and schools. So hopefully someone here with pre-school/elementary age children can give you an idea of what's the best area as far as schools go.

Good luck.

Old School Chic
02-01-2006, 05:43 PM
I was born and raised in the SouthSide. And I love it.

When I'm ready to purchase a home, chances are I will end up in the South Side again.

As for how bad it is- of course you have some crime- but JUST LIKE EVERY PART OF TOWN.

For those of you that know where (SAPD) I work- the southside is the slowest part of town.

Southside :tu

:elephant

SequSpur
02-01-2006, 05:46 PM
We're from the Southside. I can't say I grew up on the Southside because dipshits like Solid D and Exstatic and Ferris Wheelin Tpark will crack stupid ass jokes...

I lived on Zarzamora behind South Park Mall. It was okay, there is also a nice new neighborhood going up around Mission Del Lago golf course...

and the luxury of the La Familia Shops....

ZStomp
02-01-2006, 05:47 PM
We're from the Southside. I can't say I grew up on the Southside because dipshits like Solid D and Exstatic and Ferris Wheelin Tpark will crack stupid ass jokes...

I lived on Zarzamora behind South Park Mall. It was okay, there is also a nice new neighborhood going up around Mission Del Lago golf course...

and the luxury of the La Familia Shops....

I know where u lived!

By Hutchins?

SequSpur
02-01-2006, 05:49 PM
I know where u lived!

By Hutchins?

The good ol Villa Grande trailer park.

CharlieMac
02-01-2006, 06:23 PM
I mean it when I say that I travel to the southside once a year.

ZStomp
02-01-2006, 06:39 PM

I was just there the other day!

I use to sneak in there when i was a youngin to go swimming :lol

Old School Chic
02-01-2006, 06:51 PM
I know where u lived!

By Hutchins?

I think I dated you once.

Taco
02-01-2006, 07:19 PM

I dated a chick that lived there!!!

ZStomp
02-01-2006, 07:35 PM

:wtf

huh??

The sone
02-01-2006, 07:40 PM
I went there a couple of times. I remember jamming down to The Cover Girls & Expose when they went in concert there. :spin

If I could turn back time :depressed

i saw jonny o at that place...YEAH!! :elephant "your my dream girl!!"

The sone
02-01-2006, 07:40 PM

if you did...well theres no accounting for taste... :lol

The sone
02-01-2006, 07:41 PM
:wtf

huh??

shut it puto! dont act like you dont get around!!

ZStomp
02-01-2006, 07:42 PM
i saw jonny o at that place...YEAH!! :elephant "your my dream girl!!"

I went with you!!

ZStomp
02-01-2006, 07:43 PM

:flipoff

Look who's talking!!! :lol

timvp
02-01-2006, 07:43 PM
Kori isn't allowed south of Hildebrand unless she's going to a Spurs game.

:smokin

The sone
02-01-2006, 07:44 PM
:flipoff

Look who's talking!!! :lol

LIES I SAY!!! ITS ALL LIES!! :pctoss :pctoss

HB22inSA
02-01-2006, 07:50 PM
My fiancee dragged me to the southside about 2 years ago, and I won't live anywhere else ever again.

I love it here.

As a non-hispanic white male, you just have to know where to go and not to go.

I've only been in an "altercation" twice, and came out of both very well.

Kori Ellis
02-01-2006, 07:52 PM
Kori isn't allowed south of Hildebrand unless she's going to a Spurs game.

:smokin

That's not true. I was allowed to go to GTG's at Alamo Drafthouse :) Isn't that Southwest??

Buddy Holly
02-01-2006, 07:59 PM
That's not true. I was allowed to go to GTG's at Alamo Drafthouse :) Isn't that Southwest??

West.

Buddy Holly
02-01-2006, 08:24 PM
As for Obi,

The Southside is a different experience from the north side.

It's a different world, a slower world. A better world? That's up to the person.

I grew up on the southeast side, down the street from Highlands. Just like Midget. This area is actually called Sunny Slope not Highland Hills.

In my parents neighborhood every single lot that was empty as I grew up now has a home on it.

On Fair Ave. just before Clark Ave. there was a large (I mean large) lot that remained empty my entire life, then about 2 years ago, housing was planned for it. There are now 13-15 new (very nice) homes on said piece of land.

I not sure on the exact number of homes, I only see them on passing when I visit my parents. Midget may have a better number.

Also, at the intersection of Clark Ave. and Rigsby Ave. they are building a new apartment complex where once nothing stood.

As for the Southside and Southwest side. I can't speak too much on them as I really don't know those areas from a deep experience POV, but I do know these areas.

My uncle who works for the city and lives close to the Republic of Texas Golf Course on Military Dr. loves it.

Also, the development in that area where my uncle lives is insane for Southside standards.

A new elementary school (Highland Forest) was recently built off of Military Dr. near the golf course as well as a very large subdivision around the school.

It's a very large subdivision with many more subdivisions (per my uncle) planned for that area.

Also, the recent revitalization of the Goliad and Military intersection is just unbelievable.

It went from just a HEB, Hollywood Video, Whataburger, Diamond Shamrock (now Valero), Burger King, and a bunch of abandonded buildings to... well, something pretty damn impressive for Southside standards.

Target, Best Buy, Office Depot, Gold's Gym, Chili's, Home Depot, Conn's, Petco, Kirkland's, WalMart, Sam's Club, a new movie theater, two Starbucks across the street from one another, a new Walgreens where the Burger King used to be, no more abandonded buildings, and much more.

I consider that area part of the southeast side.

As for the Southside, I know much of it via Military Dr. It's an amazing drive with all the retail that you would never see on the north side. Nothing but small, mom and pop type stores, it's a wonderful site.

I recently drove 410 and then drove near the Toyota plant, it was def. something new for me. It was probably the 4th time I had driven in that area (410 on the south side) in my entire life, so I remember it very vaguely.

However, I was surprised (well, not really) at all the new development. A shopping center here, a new subdivision there, apartments over yonder.

Nice.

As for the Southwest side, that I have the least experience with. However, I do know you can get a pretty nice 3 bedroom home for 60,000 dollars on the Southwest side.

And yes, I have pictures coming.

fraga
02-01-2006, 08:29 PM
Lock your doors...get some burglar bars...don't make eye contact...you'll be fine...

ZStomp
02-01-2006, 08:32 PM
Lock your doors...get some burglar bars...don't make eye contact...you'll be fine...

Right cuz that doesn't happen anywhere else is SA. :rolleyes

Despot
02-01-2006, 08:36 PM
Just learn the gang sign for Southside, and anytime you feel threatened, use it and you will be ok. Oh yeah, dress in neutral colors.

SA Gunslinger
02-01-2006, 08:42 PM
SHOUT OUT TO MY SOMERSET PEEPS!

Hey, is Flipside still in business?

Buddy Holly
02-01-2006, 08:53 PM
Credit goes to Jaga for the pictures

Picture of new developments on Military Dr.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v708/jaga185/37Military.jpg

The new WalMart on Military Dr.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v708/jaga185/Wal-Mart.jpg

New HQ of D.P.T. Laboratories
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v708/jaga185/D.jpg

Best Buy (now has the sign on the front) and Office Depot:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v708/jaga185/CityBaseLanding.jpg

Roads leading up to Toyota on the far South side.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v708/jaga185/ToyotaComingUp.jpg

Toyota Entrance.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v708/jaga185/ToyotaEntrance.jpg

New shopping center.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v708/jaga185/MissionMercado.jpg

These are my pictures taken back in October of 2005.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v478/TimManuParker/622.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v478/TimManuParker/618.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v478/TimManuParker/619.jpg

Buddy Holly
02-01-2006, 08:56 PM

My friend who grew up on the southeast side and went to high school with me, moved to the northwest side before me, and a couple of weeks in his new apartment, his ninja was stolen.

I guess Ninja bikes aren't in demand on the southside.

Buddy Holly
02-01-2006, 09:05 PM
Oh yeah Obi, my recommendation to you is the subdivision on Military Dr. between Highland Forest Elementary (East Central Independent School District) and the Republic of Texas golf course.

I know a few hurricane evacuees moved into the homes because that subdivision was so well recommended.

It's very close to 37 with a quick 1 minute drive on 37 to 410.

Silver21_Black20
02-01-2006, 09:08 PM

What? Your kidding right?

I don't see how posters are making the Southside seem uninhabitable.

The sone
02-01-2006, 09:53 PM
look...me and zstomp grew up there. we used to walk down the street at two or three in the a.m. nothing ever happened to us. nothing too extreme anyway. and any crap that did go down just made us stronger, as friends and as people! im not gonna say there is no bad. bad is all over the place. kindda like looter, but honestly, i miss it. its a culture, and those who have lived there can understand what i am talking about. different isnt bad unless you refuse to adapt. its always those idiots that try to swim "up-stream" that are making negative comments about something theyve never been a part of!! i KNOW youll like it!

CubanMustGo
02-01-2006, 10:06 PM
its amazing what is going on in the southeast/southside. I love it. My parents live on the southeast side of town and my father and I are absolutley amazed at what is going on in that part of town......I am trying to persuade my wife to move back there or even go further to Floersville or Pleasenton. I love the southside and feel proud to have grown up there.

VIVA LA RASA.

it funny how my wife and others still pigeonhole the southside without ever really investigating what is happening there right now.

Exactly. I grew up on the Southeast Side. Went to Highlands. Despite the supposed "crappy" education got a full ride to Trinity. My mom will be 85 years old this year, still lives in the 1200 s.f. house we all grew up in, and in the 45 years she has lived there the only thing that has happened was her purse got stolen 20-plus years ago, when we left the back door unlocked. But it's easier for ignoramuses from the more affluent parts of town to go hatin' on the Southside than to actually find out what goes on there. Now there's finally some new development, thanks to the Brooks City Base project and of course Toyota people needing nice places to live and to shop. About damned time.

If I could find a job in SA that paid halfway decent, we'd move back there in a heartbeat. We live in Collin County now, the most affluent county in the state, and the people here are so much into the "drive a bigger, more expensive SUV than the guy next door" bit that it's not even funny. Talk about arrogant - they make even Northsiders seem reasonable. :lol

Silver21_Black20
02-01-2006, 10:24 PM
The last three posters are giving the Southside/Southeast side some justice...

Thanks guys!

ObiwanGinobili
02-01-2006, 10:27 PM
Buddy Holly you are da man!!

Thanks !! :tu :tu

Mrs.Tlong
02-01-2006, 10:40 PM
My honey tlong likes to mosey on down to the "southside" on occasion.
With occasion meaning every other night.

gameFACE
02-02-2006, 01:08 AM
The newer southside developments are different from the older southside. It depends on what type of housing you're looking for. There are new subdivisions and apartment complexes going up near 410. But the older southside is basically between 410S and Hwy 90/I10.

I grew up in the Palm Heights area at Nogalitos and Malone/Theo (southcentral). I currently (although temporarily) live near that neighborhood, And although i'm looking at moving downtown who knows I might stick around! But that's an older neighborhood.

The newer southside deveolopments have the opportunity to give that part of the city more of an identity than the standard northside suburbia. I hope it's planned well. I also hope A&M gets built. It's too bad that Taco Hut isn't around anymore (southeast)

A new elementary school was recently built off of Military near the golf course as well as a very large subdivision around the school.
Is that the one that was designed by Alamo Architects? If it is that is still in SAISD. The new developments are in other districts but I don't know which ones. Regardless the new housing will have a higher tax base from which to build new schools.

Shit dude - ther might even be The Shops at Mitchell Lake!

Oh yeah, and Palm Heights>Alamo Heights vatos!

:smokin :smokin

Old School Chic
02-02-2006, 02:40 AM

:lol You guys are so baddd.......

ZStomp
02-02-2006, 02:54 AM
:lol You guys are so baddd.......

Who are you?

Buddy Holly
02-02-2006, 02:56 AM
Is that the one that was designed by Alamo Architects? If it is that is still in SAISD.

I'm not sure which one you're talking about, do you know the name?

Highland Forest is an ECISD (East Central Independent School District) school.

http://www.ecisd.net/construction/pics/highland/hffront1.JPG

Shit dude - ther might even be The Shops at Mitchell Lake!

I always thought a Mills Mall somewhere on the far soutside bewteen 410 and 1604 would be perfect.

South San Mills or something.

Buddy Holly
02-02-2006, 03:34 AM
Obi, no problem.

Just to help you out a little more.

Here's a general feel of the area I recommended.

This google earth image is about a year to a year and a half old.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a396/insidethe210/subdivision.png

I'd estimate that 80-85% of the subdivison is complete.

Buddy Holly
02-02-2006, 03:37 AM
Sadly, south side growth looks to soon kill a San Antonio urban legend king.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a396/insidethe210/ghosttracks.png

fraga
02-02-2006, 08:52 AM
Man..."you" people are so touchy...didn't even mention specifically the southside...but yet you all assume I was talking about it...how funny....

Trainwreck2100
02-02-2006, 11:53 AM
My friend who grew up on the southeast side and went to high school with me, moved to the northwest side before me, and a couple of weeks in his new apartment, his ninja was stolen.

I guess Ninja bikes aren't in demand on the southside.

That's cause it's like Halloween, just like eveyone goes to the northside to get candy, so too does everyone go to the northside to steal shit. Because they might steal from the wrong person si'mon start a gang war.

TheTruth
02-02-2006, 12:02 PM
i don't know what it is called, but there is a nice subdivision on zarzamora that is only a few years old. it is like a minute from loop 410 and only a few more minutes from toyota.

ZStomp
02-02-2006, 01:09 PM
Man..."you" people are so touchy...didn't even mention specifically the southside...but yet you all assume I was talking about it...how funny....

What?

Why wouldn't 'we' assume that? The southside IS what this thread is about. How silly of us. :rolleyes

i don't know what it is called, but there is a nice subdivision on zarzamora that is only a few years old. it is like a minute from loop 410 and only a few more minutes from toyota.

Lago Vista I believe.

fraga
02-02-2006, 01:30 PM
What?

Why wouldn't 'we' assume that? The southside IS what this thread is about. How silly of us. :rolleyes

Silly Southsiders... :rolleyes

Mixability
02-02-2006, 01:30 PM
VIVA LA RASA.

it's Raza
:rolleyes

Mixability
02-02-2006, 01:31 PM
Silly Southsiders... :rolleyes

fucking illiterate morons.

ZStomp
02-02-2006, 01:32 PM
Thanks for that midge :tu

Obi, I live minutes away from midge and like him I've never had any real problems in my neighborhood. I went to Highlands high school and it wasn't too bad but I wouldn't recommend it. I have no idea how the school system is now so that is something you need to look into.

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/5308/map5bo.gif
Get it? Got it? Good. :lmao

ZStomp
02-02-2006, 01:33 PM
fucking illiterate morons.

fraga
02-02-2006, 01:44 PM
Man...you guys are dumb....first off...I grew up on the Southside...second...this is hilarious...third...well...this is just getting too damned funny...

Trainwreck2100
02-02-2006, 01:47 PM
it's Raza

orale

spurjur
02-02-2006, 01:57 PM

I went to Terrell Wells Middle School. I played football for the Trojans in the 7th and 8th grade. :lol

gameFACE
02-02-2006, 01:59 PM
I'm not sure which one you're talking about, do you know the name?

Highland Forest is an ECISD (East Central Independent School District) school.

http://www.ecisd.net/construction/pics/highland/hffront1.JPG

The one I was referring to is off of South Presa where the Mission Creek subdivision is being built. I'm not sure what the name is but It might still be in the final construction drawing phase. Good to see ECISD's new school.

I always thought a Mills Mall somewhere on the far soutside bewteen 410 and 1604 would be perfect.

South San Mills or something.

Retail and recreational development should reflect other parts of the city.

Mixability
02-02-2006, 02:02 PM
orale

tu sabes guey....

:hat

spurjur
02-02-2006, 02:06 PM
Caca Lake is probably the most historic site on the South Side. Only South Siders no about this lake.

fraga
02-02-2006, 02:06 PM
I went to Terrell Wells Middle School. I played football for the Trojans in the 7th and 8th grade. :lol
I went to Kingsborough...such bitter arch rivals...

spurjur
02-02-2006, 02:08 PM
I went to Kingsborough...such bitter arch rivals...

I remember having my knee jacked up in a game against Kingsborough. Such ugly colors. J/K

spurjur
02-02-2006, 02:08 PM
Lake Mitchell aka Caca Lake

http://www.hrm-texas.org/InSites/mitchell_lake/MitchLake4.jpg

ObiwanGinobili
02-02-2006, 02:09 PM
damn I'm so excited now.
I want ot move this min.

anyway. I got a year to do my research. But for us this is a big move because it;s where we plan to "settle".

Buddy Holly
02-02-2006, 02:10 PM
Caca Lake is probably the most historic site on the South Side.

No I know this was said with tongue firmly planted in cheek but just in case... are you freakin' serious?!

Buddy Holly
02-02-2006, 02:11 PM
damn I'm so excited now.
I want ot move this min.

anyway. I got a year to do my research. But for us this is a big move because it;s where we plan to "settle".

Have you decided on an area? South, Southeast, Southwest, South Central, Far South Central... etc.

spurjur
02-02-2006, 02:14 PM
No I know this was said with tongue firmly planted in cheek but just in case... are you freakin' serious?!

I was kidding. It is well known by most South Siders and if you were to ask anyone if they knew where "Caca Lake" was, who did not grow up near the South Side, they would look at you very funny. Its an inside joke though among South Siders.

Buddy Holly
02-02-2006, 02:17 PM
Lake Mitchell aka Caca Lake

http://www.hrm-texas.org/InSites/mitchell_lake/MitchLake4.jpg

Lake Mitchell is actually very nice.

http://www.saws.org/environmental/mitchelllake/slideshow/images/17_American_White_Pelicans.jpghttp://www.saws.org/environmental/mitchelllake/slideshow/images/18_American_White_Pelicans.jpg
http://www.saws.org/environmental/mitchelllake/slideshow/images/14_.jpghttp://www.saws.org/environmental/mitchelllake/slideshow/images/09_.jpg
http://www.saws.org/environmental/mitchelllake/slideshow/images/06_Roseate_Spoonbills.jpghttp://www.saws.org/environmental/mitchelllake/slideshow/images/04_Great_Egrets_Feed_in_Shallows.jpg
http://www.saws.org/environmental/mitchelllake/slideshow/images/05_Immature_American_White_Pelican.jpg

Gotta be careful though, freakin' lake has crocodiles!

Buddy Holly
02-02-2006, 02:19 PM
Its an inside joke though among South Siders.

It is? I'm a south sider (haven't been for a couple of years) and I never once heard about "Caca Lake."

ObiwanGinobili
02-02-2006, 02:20 PM
Have you decided on an area? South, Southeast, Southwest, South Central, Far South Central... etc.

I think we'll decide once we've driven around there a bit. thats when we'll start crossing areas off the list. right now southeast and the are a south of lackland on the southwest are looking pretty nice.

Buddy Holly
02-02-2006, 02:26 PM
right now southeast and the are a south of lackland on the southwest are looking pretty nice.

Good choice! The commute to Toyota will be a breeze from either location.

Feel bad for the one guy I read about in an article that moved here from Michigan after being hired by Toyota.

Dude bought a home north of 1604 on the far north side. His commute is gonna suck ass.

spurjur
02-02-2006, 02:30 PM
Obi, here is link to a home for sale in that Savannah Heights sub-division I was telling you about. Its very nice and very close to Toyota.

http://www.bradfieldproperties.com/property/property.asp?PRM_MLSName=SanAntonio&PRM_MLSNumber=565595

Buddy Holly
02-02-2006, 02:34 PM
Obi, here is link to a home for sale in that Savannah Heights sub-division I was telling you about. Its very nice and very close to Toyota.

http://www.bradfieldproperties.com/property/property.asp?PRM_MLSName=SanAntonio&PRM_MLSNumber=565595

Wow, that's way out there.

I wonder if that's the 500 home subdivision Somerset was getting.

It doesn't seem so but it might be.

spurjur
02-02-2006, 02:39 PM
Wow, that's way out there.

I wonder if that's the 500 home subdivision Somerset was getting.

It doesn't seem so but it might be.

Its not that far from Toyota and not far of a drive from the South Side of San Antonio.

ObiwanGinobili
02-02-2006, 02:41 PM
dear lord that house is big!
I don't think I could clean that in 1 day with 2 kids.:lol

I have a one day rule. hehehe.

Buddy Holly
02-02-2006, 02:42 PM
Its not that far from Toyota and not far of a drive from the South Side of San Antonio.

No, not at all, but it is def. "far" for southside development standards.

In terms of distance from the downtown core, this would be the equilant to building a subdivision across from the Dominion on the far northwest side or just north of Stone Oak on the far north side.

But the homes they're building out in those areas don't seem "out of place" or "weird."

But it's about time the south side got some of its own. :smokin

Trainwreck2100
02-02-2006, 02:43 PM
$200000 who the fuck would buy that.

spurjur
02-02-2006, 02:44 PM
I wasn't saying that Obi buy that particular house. I was wanting her to get an idea of the sub-division. Geez.

Buddy Holly
02-02-2006, 02:49 PM
spurjur, actually, the listing says its in Von Ormy which is a good 5 miles northwest of the map listing.

Buddy Holly
02-02-2006, 02:50 PM
$200000 who the fuck would buy that.

Someone that wanted a house you dumbfuck.

Dude, do you just like to hear your own voice? :blah

Or wait, the sounds of your fingers typing on a keyboard.

Trainwreck2100
02-02-2006, 02:57 PM
Someone that wanted a house you dumbfuck.

Dude, do you just like to hear your own voice? :blah

Or wait, the sounds of your fingers typing on a keyboard.

For 200,000 bucks someone could buy a house in a more established side of town.

spurjur
02-02-2006, 02:58 PM
spurjur, actually, the listing says its in Von Ormy which is a good 5 miles northwest of the map listing.

Von Ormy is not that far from Hwy 16, which is where Toyota is located. Right? I may be wrong.

Buddy Holly
02-02-2006, 02:59 PM
For 200,000 bucks someone could buy a house in a more established side of town.

What the fuck is the difference? It's a home, a large home that provides shelter.

In a "more established sid eof town" that same house would run about another $100,000.

Buddy Holly
02-02-2006, 03:00 PM
Von Ormy is not that far from Hwy 16, which is where Toyota is located. Right? I may be wrong.

No, the map they link to shows a different site location.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?address=5226+SAVANNAH+BEND&state=TX&zipcode=78073

spurjur
02-02-2006, 03:20 PM
Well, I know that Savannah Heights is not that far from Toyota regardless of where it is located.

ObiwanGinobili
02-02-2006, 04:07 PM
is this a good area?
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?ovi=1&zoom=7&mapdata=BN%2fxGneotlh1riJ9WdZa1Zd1xsH3WFP8L10S3pLJ Qs29AmYCUHXSvpMM8tjj1Zi1Qny%2fqFqOF5AFqT16TGLKV5oh bq0k2Hp335zz8Ty9BQtiLi0k9c7N%2fKNYDJ%2ffSfakK1Y8GX 7JsG%2b7ndrH2fsxDjkWO367KtGIuzIKoMuUIseEDhnQ3roUmE 40rW0su6XYqrra7bsc50MgKa2HPuvNYTiTJ4iU9xh6mcQU%2bQ txgHiAofu05%2f5hfgwSETqGoMNXIKTK4OwOBcGxlYjsES8fln 73DXSrd%2bvH%2bRaBKhToVoXyugpYMaL1w%2fYi623bdthi3E K7PLWsBRYa27t6eG%2fRscwbuF0Sk6C9pmbKge5mA80zTVJ91O TmXSbXs3JgPmRNUNERVnBv5DZlolBqIlUsRjLp5Ig5Ir5v%2b0 bmeDn9x0lDUcDWtW2g%2fezsLQHR8K60UeANGA4z4jc%2bnGYa V0BrelZLASBFRACTLqJG5Njoc4sZ93oab0mm2ZEl%2bZhMRlDv %2f4Hvfrvig2C7lgu8KkhXrc%2favE9tshF2LPmzpMZsaL5Ou0 5F4yJ2oUcHkB6v%2bpjHBEoCg%2fnanNS8iMPkz72mM%2fDw5h 40scu0vBYNpl1o%2bzMk%2fnb199pkepjUGyOKZGU9ogMYGH0x Atm6Q76iBuTd9vo0VMUoPUVz6tGaUQ5rEY7ngwv5eI7%2fANkL U9B%2fNk7E0yn4EWL7Cps4Qh%2bpjPyemARZLrws6FlQkHaIce 40qC5YE8DtEJBUKQ%3d%3d#map1-link

fraga
02-02-2006, 04:16 PM
What the fuck is the difference? It's a home, a large home that provides shelter.

In a "more established sid eof town" that same house would run about another $100,000.
I was about to say the same thing...for that price...on an "established" side of town...you wouldn't get much more than a cookie cutter home...

The sone
02-02-2006, 04:18 PM
is this a good area?
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?ovi=1&zoom=7&mapdata=BN%2fxGneotlh1riJ9WdZa1Zd1xsH3WFP8L10S3pLJ Qs29AmYCUHXSvpMM8tjj1Zi1Qny%2fqFqOF5AFqT16TGLKV5oh bq0k2Hp335zz8Ty9BQtiLi0k9c7N%2fKNYDJ%2ffSfakK1Y8GX 7JsG%2b7ndrH2fsxDjkWO367KtGIuzIKoMuUIseEDhnQ3roUmE 40rW0su6XYqrra7bsc50MgKa2HPuvNYTiTJ4iU9xh6mcQU%2bQ txgHiAofu05%2f5hfgwSETqGoMNXIKTK4OwOBcGxlYjsES8fln 73DXSrd%2bvH%2bRaBKhToVoXyugpYMaL1w%2fYi623bdthi3E K7PLWsBRYa27t6eG%2fRscwbuF0Sk6C9pmbKge5mA80zTVJ91O TmXSbXs3JgPmRNUNERVnBv5DZlolBqIlUsRjLp5Ig5Ir5v%2b0 bmeDn9x0lDUcDWtW2g%2fezsLQHR8K60UeANGA4z4jc%2bnGYa V0BrelZLASBFRACTLqJG5Njoc4sZ93oab0mm2ZEl%2bZhMRlDv %2f4Hvfrvig2C7lgu8KkhXrc%2favE9tshF2LPmzpMZsaL5Ou0 5F4yJ2oUcHkB6v%2bpjHBEoCg%2fnanNS8iMPkz72mM%2fDw5h 40scu0vBYNpl1o%2bzMk%2fnb199pkepjUGyOKZGU9ogMYGH0x Atm6Q76iBuTd9vo0VMUoPUVz6tGaUQ5rEY7ngwv5eI7%2fANkL U9B%2fNk7E0yn4EWL7Cps4Qh%2bpjPyemARZLrws6FlQkHaIce 40qC5YE8DtEJBUKQ%3d%3d#map1-link

its about two min from where me and zstomp grew up. nice!!!

Silver21_Black20
02-02-2006, 04:21 PM

:rolleyes :rolleyes

Taco
02-02-2006, 04:23 PM
http://www.sanantonio.gov/sapd/maps.asp

CRIME STAT'S

jcrod
02-02-2006, 04:31 PM
that too much for that house, its only 3 bedrooms, granted the lot is big. It doesn't even give you the total sq ft, which doesn't seem like a whole lot looking at the pics.

ZStomp
02-02-2006, 08:02 PM
is this a good area?

Honestly.

No.

You can find better. And you will.

It's my old neighbor hood- so i know.

Drop me a line and i'll give you info. :tu

Vashner
02-02-2006, 08:31 PM

I grew up near Steves and Pine in my childhood.

Zombie
02-02-2006, 09:06 PM
I predict that in 15 years the Southside will be where all the good paying jobs will be and more expensive than the Northside.
I lived on the Northside for 2 years and came running back to the SE side of town.

Trainwreck2100
02-03-2006, 02:58 AM
Yeah I just heard seven loud pops.

Buddy Holly
02-03-2006, 02:59 AM
Yeah I just heard seven loud pops.

Could you stand in the crossfire for us?

Trainwreck2100
02-03-2006, 03:00 AM
As much of a sarcastic mofo that I am, i'm not joking

Edit: It you're gonna do a comeback please don't use something as weak as neither was I.

Buddy Holly
02-03-2006, 03:03 AM
As much of a sarcastic mofo that I am, i'm not joking

Edit: It you're gonna do a comeback please don't use something as weak as neither was I.

Neither was I.

Trainwreck2100
02-03-2006, 03:04 AM
I hear the police chopper now, how am I supposed to sleep

Trainwreck2100
02-03-2006, 03:06 AM
Neither was I.

http://www.ezekielbearsports.com/bbs/images/smilies/buttkick.gif

Buddy Holly
02-03-2006, 03:11 AM
I hear the police chopper now, how am I supposed to sleep

Don't. Like I said, crossfire.

Vashner
02-03-2006, 05:58 AM
I have a craving for little red barn now.

jcrod
02-04-2006, 12:41 AM
haha! my Popo (abuelo) lives in "little mexico" in Port Lavaca... but you can;t really go visit him there because he lives in a brothel that his brother runs. (i'm not taking my kids to a place wher you can buy a 16yo old for 50 bucks)

A litte TMI and am I the only one who found this disturbing. :depressed :cry

If true I hope the cops shut it down very soon.

fraga
02-04-2006, 11:58 AM
^^NO no it's true...you see...they have a little saying in Mejico...."If there's grass on the field.......play ball"....

Old School Chic
02-04-2006, 12:21 PM
Obi,

Have you taken a drive out to the Southside yet?

I just got back from visiting my parents and having some good breakfast @ Las Cazuelas off of IH35 and Division. :spin
Anyway, my dad was telling me that they are building some real cute homes around the Zarzamora & IH35 area. He said somewhere around Hutchins elementary. They are called Ventana Homes. Hope this helps your search. :elephant

ForrestGump
02-04-2006, 01:03 PM
in the southside...you have to strap a gun and a bullet proof vest......that's all i have to say about that....

Old School Chic
02-04-2006, 01:10 PM
in the southside...you have to strap a gun and a bullet proof vest......that's all i have to say about that....

Don't listen to Forrest... :lol

Vashner
02-04-2006, 01:18 PM
Na that was the old days. The crime has moved to North and West.. some East.

Old School Chic
02-04-2006, 01:25 PM
Na that was the old days. The crime has moved to North and West.. some East.

I live in the Medical Center area and we have our share out here. :depressed

But, I still love the Southside. My parents and Inlaws live out there and most of my good friends.
Besides, they have a good taco place in just about every other little corner that can serve you breakfast until 2pm (around the time I usually wake up on weekends) and I'm not talking about the cheap Taqueria's I'm talking about Las Cazuelas, Eddie's, Gordo's Cafe, and you name it. :spin

ZStomp
02-04-2006, 02:18 PM
I've been to the Cazuelas before.

But I prefer Taqueria Mexico on Somerset Rd by Sams Club. :tu

ObiwanGinobili
02-04-2006, 02:21 PM
A litte TMI and am I the only one who found this disturbing. :depressed :cry

If true I hope the cops shut it down very soon.

hello.
paying customers.

I did call "annonymously" like 2 years ago
all that happens is the girls get deported and the next week someone sneaks them back over here to work in the same or a different brothel.
oh, and junior went back in for violation of his prob. , but got out again after turnign states... then the case "fell apart" and he didn't have to testify but still gets to stay out.
lets just sya there are alot of peopel on hubby's side of the family who don;t need real jobs. Thats one of the reasons we live here - away from their particular area. And one of the reasons why we don't travel to Mexico. ever.

ObiwanGinobili
02-04-2006, 02:24 PM
Obi,

Have you taken a drive out to the Southside yet?

I just got back from visiting my parents and having some good breakfast @ Las Cazuelas off of IH35 and Division. :spin
Anyway, my dad was telling me that they are building some real cute homes around the Zarzamora & IH35 area. He said somewhere around Hutchins elementary. They are called Ventana Homes. Hope this helps your search. :elephant

Not yet.
We are waiting for a car 1st. :lol

Hopefully by next week. I'm waiting for my uncle to get back from auction and then I'll choose form what he brings back.
Right now we have my father in laws truck just fro trips to the store and such - but we are a family of 4 so we don;t all fit.

I kinda don't want a car.... it;s another headache, another expense. But with 2 kids it;s gettign kinda hard to keep going without one. Ohwell.
At least I still have the $$ from the last one safe & sound... .thinkign about that littel stash makes me smile.

ObiwanGinobili
02-04-2006, 02:26 PM
I live in the Medical Center area and we have our share out here. :depressed

But, I still love the Southside. My parents and Inlaws live out there and most of my good friends.
Besides, they have a good taco place in just about every other little corner that can serve you breakfast until 2pm (around the time I usually wake up on weekends) and I'm not talking about the cheap Taqueria's I'm talking about Las Cazuelas, Eddie's, Gordo's Cafe, and you name it. :spin

I live in the Med Center too! :spin

and your right.... it's not as safe as people make it out to be.

BTW- do you know of any good taco places around here? (besides chacho's)
Almost 4 years and I have yet to find a good taco place.

fraga
02-04-2006, 02:42 PM
Try Pericos on Bandera near 1604...it's the big yellow building...

ObiwanGinobili
02-04-2006, 02:46 PM
Try Pericos on Bandera near 1604...it's the big yellow building...

oh they are good. very good.

but i'm talkign about a hole in the wall mom & pop place that makes tacos liek you can;t dream of in heaven where I can just walk in @ 630am and get 2 barabcoa and a bean & bacon and still ahve enough out of a 5 to get the paper. KWIM?

fraga
02-04-2006, 06:37 PM
Ah yes...hole in the wall....let me go drive around...be right back...

PakiDan
02-04-2006, 08:41 PM
Southside..... Ouch. I'm sorry.

Old School Chic
02-04-2006, 09:01 PM
oh they are good. very good.

but i'm talkign about a hole in the wall mom & pop place that makes tacos liek you can;t dream of in heaven where I can just walk in @ 630am and get 2 barabcoa and a bean & bacon and still ahve enough out of a 5 to get the paper. KWIM?

Not really :depressed

That's why I love the southside :elephant

Old School Chic
02-04-2006, 09:02 PM
I've been to the Cazuelas before.

But I prefer Taqueria Mexico on Somerset Rd by Sams Club. :tu

I've been there for dinner. Nice place and the mariachi girls sing good.

braeden0613
02-04-2006, 11:39 PM
Well as long as you're not white it shouldnt be so bad down there...just carry a gun at all times, dont look at anyone, dont let anyone know your name, keep all personal records in a fireproof safe, ah the list goes on and on :spin

ObiwanGinobili
02-04-2006, 11:44 PM
uhm... yeah... I should probebly just ignore that.

braeden0613
02-05-2006, 12:02 AM
uhm... yeah... I should probebly just ignore that.
haha dont take it seriously...having a little fun

Trainwreck2100
02-05-2006, 12:49 AM
Alright, there's a party at one of my neighbors house, how do I know you ask. Is is because they are parked in front of my house, they are not. Is it cause I got an invitation, I did not. Is it because I can here the music, right now..DING DING DING.

BTW you know it's a fucking badass party because they just played Celebration by KC and the Sunshine Band.

Trainwreck2100
02-05-2006, 12:50 AM
Everyone Around The World...COME ON!!!!!!

Trainwreck2100
02-05-2006, 12:51 AM
what we ridin? big wheels, chop it hard chop it hard.

ZStomp
02-05-2006, 01:04 AM
what we ridin? big wheels, chop it hard chop it hard.

Are you by Pleasanton Rd? By Sayers??

Trainwreck2100
02-05-2006, 01:08 AM
Are you by Pleasanton Rd? By Sayers??

Not on Pleasanton but I am by Sayers, where you at?

ZStomp
02-05-2006, 01:09 AM
Not on Pleasanton but I am by Sayers, where you at?

haha.....i just saw the police dispatch calls..and guessed..;)

I can see you....................

PD on the way over there..

Trainwreck2100
02-05-2006, 01:12 AM
Yeah, they turned it down.....If anybody from that party posts here. I DID NO call the cops.

"Music too loud that's what Trainwreck said"
"Two shots in the dark now Trainwreck's dead"

ZStomp
02-05-2006, 01:16 AM
I'm telling!! I know who and from where the PD were called!

muahahahahah

Old School Chic
02-05-2006, 01:35 AM
I'm telling!! I know who and from where the PD were called!

muahahahahah

Z, leave him alone.

Vashner
02-05-2006, 01:39 AM
Cruise it to brak... with some jin and juice under the skyride..

FRITO BANDITO
02-05-2006, 11:54 AM
i am having two words to be making you come to the southside.....TAQUERIA MEXICO!!

Das Texan
02-05-2006, 12:04 PM
As for Obi,

The Southside is a different experience from the north side.

It's a different world, a slower world. A better world? That's up to the person.

I grew up on the southeast side, down the street from Highlands. Just like Midget. This area is actually called Sunny Slope not Highland Hills.

Good dig. And the area I live in is called Highland Hills. I should know, I have gone to meetings for the Highland Hills Neighborhood Association. Those homes Buddy talked about I believe are being done by Cisneros' group and they are pricey.

Mixability
02-06-2006, 12:47 PM
Yeah, they turned it down.....If anybody from that party posts here. I DID NO call the cops.

"Music too loud that's what Trainwreck said"
"Two shots in the dark now Trainwreck's dead"

batman2883
02-06-2006, 01:05 PM
I hate the southside, and the people that live there dang it...the only reason i would ever have any excuse to visit the southside would be for bud jones i love that place and that place alone.....

Mixability
02-06-2006, 01:47 PM
I hate the southside, and the people that live there dang it...the only reason i would ever have any excuse to visit the southside would be for bud jones i love that place and that place alone.....

ObiwanGinobili
02-06-2006, 02:06 PM

if I was living down there and had a big pot of chowda... you'd come.

Mixability
02-06-2006, 03:40 PM
one thing to watch out for on the Southside is the dumb idiot dressed in fatigues running with a US flag in his hand

GET THE FUCK OUT OF THE MIDDLE OF THE STREET! :pctoss

Especially on the Roosevelt and Military Intersection.

gameFACE
02-08-2006, 02:37 PM
Its an inside joke though among South Siders.

It is? I'm a south sider (haven't been for a couple of years) and I never once heard about "Caca Lake."

Damn, Buddy/Writer. With all the Mr. San Antonio info you have I can't believe you don't know about "Caca Lake". Time to get the history book out......
I was kind of (inside) joking with my "Shops at Caca Lake" but yes, the lake is quite nice these days. Still I won't be taking a dip in it for another century or so.

Does anyone know if Grif's Hamburgers is still on Pleasington?

fraga
02-08-2006, 02:39 PM
Why yes...yes it is...along with Rolando's going strong right behind it...

George W Bush
02-08-2006, 02:42 PM
Looky here my fellow Americans, we need to put a fence all along the entire southside to keep them mexicans out.

and by the way,
God Bless America :tu

Old School Chic
02-08-2006, 02:43 PM
Does anyone know if Grif's Hamburgers is still on Pleasington?

They received a "Blue Plate Award" a few weeks back.

Old School Chic
02-08-2006, 02:44 PM
Looky here my fellow Americans, we need to put a fence all along the entire southside to keep them mexicans out.

and by the way,
God Bless America :tu

You are still at it with your Bush Shit! :lol

Silver21_Black20
02-08-2006, 02:53 PM

What about the Southeast side bat? You got a problem with them folks?

George W Bush
02-08-2006, 02:54 PM

I'm George W Bush and I approve this message. :tu

batman2883
02-09-2006, 10:13 AM
Fuck anyside that starts with the south.....I've lived on the north, west, and east side but never the south.....SB if your from the south you are an exception.....fuck everything else about that side...peace im out...ONE!!!!!

spurjur
02-09-2006, 01:10 PM
Fuck anyside that starts with the south.....I've lived on the north, west, and east side but never the south.....SB if your from the south you are an exception.....fuck everything else about that side...peace im out...ONE!!!!!

Idiot. Thanks for wasting our time with this post. You say you never have lived there, but yet you are criticize. Good one. Someone like you would get whooped by someone on that side of town in a second.

Silver21_Black20
02-09-2006, 02:57 PM
Idiot. Thanks for wasting our time with this post. You say you never have lived there, but yet you are criticize. Good one. Someone like you would get whooped by someone on that side of town in a second.

Yea...ME!!!