PDA

View Full Version : Anyone had any success with work-at-home stuff?

adrienne
02-01-2006, 06:02 PM
I'd like to earn a little extra money, but I'm assuming the majority...and possibly all...of those work-at-home things are just schemes (online surveys, stuffing envelopes, whatever). Has anyone done any of these things, and they WEREN'T a scam? It's worth a shot...

SequSpur
02-01-2006, 06:05 PM
yeah... good topic...

You want to buy some Best Vitamins in the Whole World?

CharlieMac
02-01-2006, 06:09 PM
I had an old friend of mine pop back into my life not too long ago. He wanted to meet up for beers the next day, then ambushed me at the bar with two people he worked under. Fucking pyramid schemes. That dude isn't my friend anymore.

tlongII
You could offer incall service.

TOP-CHERRY
Don't stay at home!!!!! Go out into the world!!!!!!

2centsworth
02-01-2006, 06:10 PM
I'd like to earn a little extra money, but I'm assuming the majority...and possibly all...of those work-at-home things are just schemes (online surveys, stuffing envelopes, whatever). Has anyone done any of these things, and they WEREN'T a scam? It's worth a shot...
stick to a hobby or trade that you already do very well and try to get customers. That's the only thing that I've ever seen work.

adrienne
02-01-2006, 06:12 PM
stick to a hobby or trade that you already do very well and try to get customers. That's the only thing that I've ever seen work.

Yeah that's what I figured...thought I might as well ask, though it wasn't likely to get the answer I wanted.:) "Yeah! Go to this website, no sign up fee, and you earn up to $5000 an hour!":)

Melmart1
02-01-2006, 06:22 PM
I know some people who work for QVC at home, taking orders. They are considered independent contractors and so no taxes are taken out (which sucks, as I work from home, not for QVC, but for others and tax time is a headache) but you get to stay home and you get paid weekly.

Most work-at-home things are a scam. I have seen several where they ask you to paypal them money and then you never get the 'training' materials. Never send money, you should not have to pay to work.

If you are interested, I can try to find the link to the QVC thing.

adrienne
02-01-2006, 06:25 PM
Yeah, I might as well look into it. Thanks!

Marklar MM
02-01-2006, 06:36 PM
Ebay

Brodels
02-01-2006, 06:48 PM
Sell drugs. Once you establish a customer base, you can make a living working three hours a day and you'll never have to leave the house.

Vashner
02-01-2006, 06:53 PM
Can you program C++ and or 3d graphics like Maya or 3dstudio Max?

JoeChalupa
02-01-2006, 06:59 PM
My wife would say my work at home sucks.

ObiwanGinobili
02-01-2006, 07:00 PM

this is the only one I know of thats legit.
my neighbor & 2 ladies from my mom's group work for them.
I was thinking of applying later this year when the baby is bigger & doesn;t need so much constant attention.

http://www.alpineaccess.com/external/index.html

JoeChalupa
02-01-2006, 07:02 PM
Thanks for the link!

Brodels
02-01-2006, 07:02 PM
Can you program C++ and or 3d graphics like Maya or 3dstudio Max?

Screw that. Again, selling drugs will net you more money and take less time. If you're a master of risk management, you can mitigate your risk by having a good business plan and a good understanding of how to keep it incognito.