PDA

View Full Version : Question to spurs fans

romsey31
02-01-2006, 06:15 PM
What kind of player was Jackson when he was on the Spurs? Did he take bad shots and whine to the refs every other play? Was he the first to jump into every oncourt confrontation & not as a peacemaker? Im just wondering what kind of player he was....right now I really hope Bird trades him & Jamaal Tinsley

Solid D
02-01-2006, 06:23 PM
Yes to those questions. Jack probably misses Mike Brown. Mike kept him in check with some care and feeding in San Antonio...probably nurtured Jack in Indy at times, too.

Jack was a love/hate scenario his first year in SA. He would make a bone-headed turnover at one end of the court and then steal it from the guy at the other end and make a fast-break dunk. +/-, love/hate, bittersweet.

Jack improved on that in 2003 during the title run. He became much more of an asset that one year and he reaped the benefits of his improved consistency and playing more under control. Then he let his agent feed him some notions about that green grass on the other side of that fence.

boutons_
02-01-2006, 06:25 PM
The funny line I remember about SJax was that "He keeps both teams in the game" :)

Solid D
02-01-2006, 06:25 PM
:lol I'd forgotten that one.

Rynospursfan
02-01-2006, 06:36 PM
The 03' team had a lot of vets who were really good guys, I think they helped keep him in check as well.

T-Pain
What kind of player was Jackson when he was on the Spurs? Did he take bad shots and whine to the refs every other play? Was he the first to jump into every oncourt confrontation & not as a peacemaker? Im just wondering what kind of player he was....right now I really hope Bird trades him & Jamaal Tinsley

i miss him, i wish he was still with the spurs. he was a badass except he did have a bad attitude.

Kori Ellis
SJax is definitely a player who needs a disciplined environment. As soon as he buys into the discipline, the system, and the big picture, then he's very good. But if he doesn't have enough discipline, hangs out with the wrong crowd, or doesn't believe in the system, then everything goes haywire.

He never really caused problems with the Spurs, but he did spend a lot of time on the bench until he bought into the team concept.

romsey31
02-01-2006, 07:06 PM
SJax is definitely a player who needs a disciplined environment. As soon as he buys into the discipline, the system, and the big picture, then he's very good. But if he doesn't have enough discipline, hangs out with the wrong crowd, or doesn't believe in the system, then everything goes haywire.

He never really caused problems with the Spurs, but he did spend a lot of time on the bench until he bought into the team concept.

Well thats our problem right there.. we dont have a deep bench to put him on, or veteran players to keep him in check etc...

ObiwanGinobili
02-01-2006, 07:08 PM

so basicly he's a follower not a leader. I hate weak characters like that.

Bruno
02-01-2006, 07:16 PM
Well thats our problem right there.. we dont have a deep bench to put him on, or veteran players to keep him in check etc...

cough... Reggie Miller... cough

Tinsley is a good PG but
What's the deal with Tinsley and all his injuries ? Bad luck, injury prone, can't play through the pain, bad conditioning, willingness to play ?
I've heard too that Tinsley has a quite bad work ethic/attitude, is it true ?

romsey31
02-01-2006, 08:07 PM
cough... Reggie Miller... cough

Tinsley is a good PG but
What's the deal with Tinsley and all his injuries ? Bad luck, injury prone, can't play through the pain, bad conditioning, willingness to play ?
I've heard too that Tinsley has a quite bad work ethic/attitude, is it true ?

I would say attitude and laziness. He's fat and overweight, & he took the Saras signing personal. He looked real great last yr during all those suspensions but his true colours are starting to portray.

Obstructed_View
02-01-2006, 08:18 PM
Jack needs a contract year to keep him in line.

SenorSpur
02-01-2006, 09:28 PM
You would think with after gaining the financial security from signing that new long-term contract, the resulting suspension from the Palace brawl and studying under the tutelege of Reggie Miller for one year, he would act like more of a mature NBA player.

Sounds to me like he's still got some knucklehead in him. Hope he's improved his handle.

SequSpur
02-01-2006, 09:31 PM
Jax should still be a Spur but the church of Manu prayed him out of here.

MI21
02-01-2006, 09:34 PM
One of my favourite Spurs ever.

I prefer to delete his Indiana years from my mind though, things have gotten a little crazy :lol

romsey31
02-02-2006, 11:13 AM
Jack needs a contract year to keep him in line.
You must really suck when an opposing coach says this....

Phil Jackson after the game:

"When Stephen got hurt late in the second quarter, it was either a motivating force for the Pacers to get their run, but at the same time he was turning the ball over a lot, so he may have been an asset by default.”